Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default favorite On Colors 2010-2011

Now that the In Colors are 9 months old, what are your favorite ones?

Do you really grab pear pizzazz before certainly celery?, peach parfait before pumpkin pie?

How about blushing bride? Does it work better with other pinks than the regular colors?

I have not bought any of the new In Colors and am wondering if it is worth getting all of them or just choosing a few. I think the poppy is great and the concord crush is a needed purple, but I am really on the fence about the others.

I hope you can help me be discerning, because I REALLY don't need every color.

Thanks,
your fellow stamper who has too much already and it is getting confusing.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2011, 02:43 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

This has been a great batch of In Colors, IMO. I do reach for pear over celery, it's just a shade darker and richer. I used Peach often in fall color combos, haven't used it much for spring. It's pinker than pumpkin and adds variety to the SU! spectrum. Blushing Bride sits untouched -- way too light for me. These colors will be available through June '12 as they are in a two year rotation now.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2011, 04:36 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I love them all, blushing bride is by far my favorite and I'll be so sad next year when it's gone. I didn't like poppy or concord much until recently but I do now! I think they are really worth getting since they are around for 2 years now instead of just one. I think most of them are really good with summer coming up too since all of them but the pink are pretty bright...

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Here was my experience... I thought I was going to love Pure Poppy, but have found that it is too orange for me when I want to use red. Suprisingly, I like all the other colors, including concord crush. My most recent card in my gallery I used these 3 inks and papers: Pear Pizzaz, Concord Crush, Blushing Bride.

CAS111 Build a Blossom by ccbooboo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I agree that Pear Pizzaz seems richer than Certainly Celery. I like the softness of Blushing Bride. I desperately needed some true purples in my stash. I find Concord Crush to be brighter than Elegant Eggplant and works better for certain applications.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

pear is almost celery. Does anyone find that celery works just as well?

Same for peach. Does anyone find that pumpkin pie works just as well as peach?

I am a color person and am guessing the answer is no, but just wonder what the rest of you think.

I you feel a big "NO" to this. That is good for me to know.

Last edited by eyestitch; 04-12-2011 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: added more
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #6  

Just to clarify....pure poppy is not an in color (I think it's from another company)....the SU color is poppy parade...my OCD just wanted to clarify as it's easy to get confused:-) I didn't care for it either but I'm coming around.

And to the above post, no, I don't find the other colors work as well. I find the in colors just enough different to make a difference in the look of my project. I'm currently really liking peach parfait for carrots for Easter.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I love Pear Pizzazz! I used Certainly Celery all the time and PP is just a happier, brighter version of CC! But yes, you really could use Certainly Celery and not get Pear.

I also like Blushing Bride. It's such a nice dusty pink! It's quite a bit different than Pretty In Pink but you certainly don't HAVE to have it. I don't feel BB is too light but I do feel pink pirouette is too light (not an in-color). Peach Parfait is lovely too and nothing like Pumpkin!

I forget that Cherry Cobbler isn't an in-color since it's new. I use that lots too. Do you think they are going to retire Chocolate Chip? I use it so often. I like Early Espresso but have not bought it. I really like CChip better.

Last edited by Allistamps123; 04-12-2011 at 04:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #8  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
I love Pear Pizzazz! I used Certainly Celery all the time and PP is just a happier, brighter version of CC! But yes, you really could use Certainly Celery and not get Pear.

I also like Blushing Bride. It's such a nice dusty pink! It's quite a bit different than Pretty In Pink but you certainly don't HAVE to have it. I don't feel BB is too light but I do feel pink pirouette is too light (not an in-color). Peach Parfait is lovely too and nothing like Pumpkin!

I forget that Cherry Cobbler isn't an in-color since it's new. I use that lots too. Do you think they are going to retire Chocolate Chip? I use it so often. I like Early Espresso but have not bought it. I really like CChip better.
No colors should retire for a while. So no, I do not think choco chip will retire, none of the colors will this year. They have said it's not going to be a yearly thing.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #9  
neglecting the kids and housework

Right off the bat I got into Concord Crush. I havent' really used any of the others until recently I challenged myself with Poppy and think I can get into it LOL. I really like the pop it gives a CAS card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one In color I thought I would never use is the one I absolutely love--Poppy Parade. It goes with many colors and has just enough of an orange hue that it is not red. I still reach for Certainly Celery and Pumpkin Pie as my first choices over the In colors shades. Hope this helps a little.
Reply With Quote Likes