In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree294Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #201
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,738
Default

Wish this was posted a little earlier as I just got back from Michaels and ACMoore and I could have looked for it! LOL I have heard of it, just never tried it. I use my double sided tape to seal them currently. I tear a piece off and stick it to the envelope and when I am ready to mail, I peel off the backing and seal.
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #202
Swapper of the Month - January 2014
 
QueenOfInkland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,416
Default

The Gentleman Crafter posted a YouTube video where he makes a minibook using various size envelopes made with this tool - really cool. He made this really fast, too.

Take a look if your interested: How To Make an Envelope Mini - YouTube
__________________
Proud Fan Club Member
Procraftinator
"Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver."
QueenOfInkland is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #203
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,738
Default

Thanks for the link. Another good video. A little long but wow!
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #204
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,738
Default

I was looking over the chart I printed out and I have a question. What is 4-Bar, Gladstone, 5-Bar and 6-Bar mean?
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #205
Watercolor Wizard
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I was looking over the chart I printed out and I have a question. What is 4-Bar, Gladstone, 5-Bar and 6-Bar mean?


Here is a chart, with more than you ever wanted to know about it, lol:

http://www.bradenprint.com/pdf/Announcements_IS.pdf
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #206
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Wish this was posted a little earlier as I just got back from Michaels and ACMoore and I could have looked for it! LOL I have heard of it, just never tried it. I use my double sided tape to seal them currently. I tear a piece off and stick it to the envelope and when I am ready to mail, I peel off the backing and seal.
I specifically buy envelopes that are peelable - I can't remember the last time I licked an envelope!
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #207
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfInkland View Post
The Gentleman Crafter posted a YouTube video where he makes a minibook using various size envelopes made with this tool - really cool. He made this really fast, too.

Take a look if your interested: How To Make an Envelope Mini - YouTube
Great Video - could have done with some clever editting skillz LOLZ! but great little project!
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #208
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Rosiebudstamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,607
Default

can hardly wait to get my hands on this new toy! My friends are drooling also!
__________________
******
Pearl
Rosiebudstamp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #209
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Here is a chart, with more than you ever wanted to know about it, lol:

http://www.bradenprint.com/pdf/Announcements_IS.pdf
Thanks for that info!!
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:01 AM   #210
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,213
Default

Thanks, Bugga! That chart is very helpful.
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #211
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlenemcg View Post
Tool Directions here are the refined measurements...
Wonder how long before the "refined" measurements are on the tool itself. I hope they plan to amend them. It is the sort of thing that would niggle me.
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #212
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
Wonder how long before the "refined" measurements are on the tool itself. I hope they plan to amend them. It is the sort of thing that would niggle me.
I'm thinking they will refine them on the product immediately and make all from this point forward with the correct dimensions. Maybe I am too much of an optimist! Normally that is something that would irritate the OCD in me, but I just want my board!! LOL
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #213
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I'm thinking they will refine them on the product immediately and make all from this point forward with the correct dimensions. Maybe I am too much of an optimist! Normally that is something that would irritate the OCD in me, but I just want my board!! LOL
I'm selective OCD and it already irritates me. I need the correct measurements on the board to order it.... Seriously if you saw my craft desk you wouldn't think something like that would irritate me.
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #214
Ted
Kookie Creator
 
Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South SF Bay Area
Posts: 452
Default

I received notice from Frantic Stamper (where I pre-ordered) that the shipment with the "correct" measurements will arrive to them on Feb. 28.

I could have opted to get the erroneous one sooner, but I figured I waited this long, so why not wait a couple of more weeks to get the correct tool.

My concern is that if the paper is TOO LARGE that it goes off the tool. How do you score a good line if it goes off the tool?

Anybody have that problem (or a tip?)

(I saw this in a video)
__________________
"Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint on his knees."

Inkterior Design - Thanks for checking out my blog! :)
Ted is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #215
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
I received notice from Frantic Stamper (where I pre-ordered) that the shipment with the "correct" measurements will arrive to them on Feb. 28.

I could have opted to get the erroneous one sooner, but I figured I waited this long, so why not wait a couple of more weeks to get the correct tool.

My concern is that if the paper is TOO LARGE that it goes off the tool. How do you score a good line if it goes off the tool?

Anybody have that problem (or a tip?)

(I saw this in a video)
I doubt I will be making a lot of that size envelopes, but I was thinking if I did, I could probably put my MS scoreboard with the SU diagonal plate next to the envelope board to continue the score. I wonder if they ever considered adding a "wing" that could swing out like the wings on trimmers for the larger pieces.....?
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #216
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,738
Default

I just checked the site where mine was preordered and it now says it will be shipped mid to late April. I assume that means I will be getting a correct measurements one since I have to wait that long. I don't know how I will ever be patient that long.... LOL
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #217
Mad Swapper
 
connie leone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,562
Default

I pre-orderd mine from "stamping/Scrapping. Wondering if it will be the one with the correct measurements. Does anyone know? As far as I know it isn't being shipped till March/April? I would assume it would be the "right" one waiting that long!!

TIA!
connie leone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #218
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 72
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamper22 View Post
I just ordered mine from HSN on 2-8-13. In stock and I will have it in 3-5 days.
I got mine ordered this AM. Had a free shipping coupon also. It will be here in a few days!
Janice13 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #219
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie leone View Post
I pre-orderd mine from "stamping/Scrapping. Wondering if it will be the one with the correct measurements. Does anyone know? As far as I know it isn't being shipped till March/April? I would assume it would be the "right" one waiting that long!!

TIA!
I am hoping that those of us who have to wait patiently will get the corrected measurements board.
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #220
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
I received notice from Frantic Stamper (where I pre-ordered) that the shipment with the "correct" measurements will arrive to them on Feb. 28.

I could have opted to get the erroneous one sooner, but I figured I waited this long, so why not wait a couple of more weeks to get the correct tool.

My concern is that if the paper is TOO LARGE that it goes off the tool. How do you score a good line if it goes off the tool?

Anybody have that problem (or a tip?)

(I saw this in a video)
I want it for Big Envelopes as I make Big Cards generally. I was thinking about either doing the measure from opposite sides or actually taking the paper off the board and burnishing the crease as it is mostly creased it should be enough and then continuing on around. Does that make sense?
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #221
Mad Swapper
 
connie leone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I am hoping that those of us who have to wait patiently will get the corrected measurements board.

You know it! LOl I will really be disappointed to wait that long and it not be right. People are getting them quick and I can't figure out why we have to wait so long I don't mind waiting as long as it will be with the correct measurements!
connie leone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #222
Ted
Kookie Creator
 
Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South SF Bay Area
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
I want it for Big Envelopes as I make Big Cards generally. I was thinking about either doing the measure from opposite sides or actually taking the paper off the board and burnishing the crease as it is mostly creased it should be enough and then continuing on around. Does that make sense?
Hi Kristen...yes, that does make sense!

I just can't help but wonder why they wouldn't "test" this out to see the possible problem here?

I guess as long as I can make A2 cards without problem, I'll be fine... but still...this is a Quality Control issue (just my opinion).
__________________
"Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint on his knees."

Inkterior Design - Thanks for checking out my blog! :)
Ted is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #223
Ted
Kookie Creator
 
Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South SF Bay Area
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I doubt I will be making a lot of that size envelopes, but I was thinking if I did, I could probably put my MS scoreboard with the SU diagonal plate next to the envelope board to continue the score. I wonder if they ever considered adding a "wing" that could swing out like the wings on trimmers for the larger pieces.....?
This would have been an excellent solution, Kathy!
__________________
"Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint on his knees."

Inkterior Design - Thanks for checking out my blog! :)
Ted is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #224
Watercolor Wizard
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
I received notice from Frantic Stamper (where I pre-ordered) that the shipment with the "correct" measurements will arrive to them on Feb. 28.

I could have opted to get the erroneous one sooner, but I figured I waited this long, so why not wait a couple of more weeks to get the correct tool.

My concern is that if the paper is TOO LARGE that it goes off the tool. How do you score a good line if it goes off the tool?

Anybody have that problem (or a tip?)

(I saw this in a video)
Ted, I'm going to quote myself here from a previous post I made earlier in this thread, right after I received my envelope punch:

"As far as the ease of use, it works great. And, I think I was right about the video review where the gal kept getting different sizes. All of the envelopes I made turned out the same size when I used the same starting measurement. You do need to be careful when making your first score line. If it is not accurate, and lined up correctly with the measurement on the top ruler, all your other score lines which proceed from that first line will get longer as you go around, and you will end up with a "wonky" envelope.

I only made 3 sizes of envies, the A2, which I use all the time, the A6 (4-1/2" x 6-1/2") which is what Gale was concerned about. I also did a 5 x 7.

I think the 5 x 7 is about as big as you can go and still keep your paper on the board. It hangs off a tad for this size, but your score line goes almost to the edge. It worked perfectly well to make the envelope."


Ted, the size paper to make 5 x 7 envelope is 9-1/2 x 9-1/2. It barely hangs over the edge a little, but you can still make the score line, which you need to use to line up your next score. I don't think paper any larger than that would work very well, as it would hang over the edge too far to score properly.

Like others have said, I seldom if ever need to make an envelope larger than 5 x 7. If I do, I will use my Martha Stewart Scoreboard.

It's a very efficient little tool, and I'm so happy I got mine.

PS. Good to see you posting - haven't seen you in a while.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #225
Ted
Kookie Creator
 
Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South SF Bay Area
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Ted, I'm going to quote myself here from a previous post I made earlier in this thread, right after I received my envelope punch:

"As far as the ease of use, it works great. And, I think I was right about the video review where the gal kept getting different sizes. All of the envelopes I made turned out the same size when I used the same starting measurement. You do need to be careful when making your first score line. If it is not accurate, and lined up correctly with the measurement on the top ruler, all your other score lines which proceed from that first line will get longer as you go around, and you will end up with a "wonky" envelope.

I only made 3 sizes of envies, the A2, which I use all the time, the A6 (4-1/2" x 6-1/2") which is what Gale was concerned about. I also did a 5 x 7.

I think the 5 x 7 is about as big as you can go and still keep your paper on the board. It hangs off a tad for this size, but your score line goes almost to the edge. It worked perfectly well to make the envelope."


Ted, the size paper to make 5 x 7 envelope is 9-1/2 x 9-1/2. It barely hangs over the edge a little, but you can still make the score line, which you need to use to line up your next score. I don't think paper any larger than that would work very well, as it would hang over the edge too far to score properly.

Like others have said, I seldom if ever need to make an envelope larger than 5 x 7. If I do, I will use my Martha Stewart Scoreboard.

It's a very efficient little tool, and I'm so happy I got mine.

PS. Good to see you posting - haven't seen you in a while.
Hi Bugga! *waves* Good to see you, too.

Thanks for this...sorry I missed it initially.

Knowing my engineer Dad, I bet he'll come up with some solution if I ever want something larger. Maybe just a piece of plastic or such with a groove melted in it or something?
__________________
"Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint on his knees."

Inkterior Design - Thanks for checking out my blog! :)
Ted is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #226
Stazon Splitcoast
 
RiverIsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 21,694
Default

LOL! I was just thinking this is what happens when you have crafters making tools rather than engineers and engineers that don't have crafters testing them!
__________________
Kristen KrikeyKreations thru Sep 17, 2014 *NEW UPDATES*
0 Design Teams, 0 Sales Pitches, some challenges, simple blogging about my paper addiction, inspirations, aspirations & when it all goes wrong
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #227
Watercolor Wizard
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
Hi Bugga! *waves* Good to see you, too.

Thanks for this...sorry I missed it initially.

Knowing my engineer Dad, I bet he'll come up with some solution if I ever want something larger. Maybe just a piece of plastic or such with a groove melted in it or something?
If you get your Dad busy and he comes up with something, I'll bet you would have a lot of "after-market" buyers right here on SCS.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #228
Forum Fanatic
 
gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,505
Default

The guy on the video said he laminated his and stuck it over the old chart on the board. That's probably what I'll do. Maybe use packing tape-I don't know if I want to mess with laminating. My laminator always wrinkles the paper.
__________________
Wash: "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
Jayne: "Da*n straight."


my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
gale is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #229
Ted
Kookie Creator
 
Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South SF Bay Area
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
If you get your Dad busy and he comes up with something, I'll bet you would have a lot of "after-market" buyers right here on SCS.
LOL I'll let him know that. He's retired and can probably use the income!
__________________
"Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint on his knees."

Inkterior Design - Thanks for checking out my blog! :)
Ted is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #230
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
If you get your Dad busy and he comes up with something, I'll bet you would have a lot of "after-market" buyers right here on SCS.
True!
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #231
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In Peace and Happiness
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
The guy on the video said he laminated his and stuck it over the old chart on the board. That's probably what I'll do. Maybe use packing tape-I don't know if I want to mess with laminating. My laminator always wrinkles the paper.
I too opted to get the misprinted one and put the corrected one on there myself, just in case there are delays with the corrected one coming out. I figure a chart's not that big of a deal for me weighted against a possible delay. Shouldn't be that difficult, and I'm excited to get it to use up some of that dp not being used!

As someone else mentioned before, it is funny how we get excited about a new "useful" product. I love how it has the punch included, that's what sold me.
lovetostamp3 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #232
Rubber Obsessor
 
Carol W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 146
Default

Shout-out to Canadians perusing this thread: Heard of any store in Canada that will be carrying this tool?
Carol W is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:25 AM   #233
Glitter Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,378
Default

This awesome tool is on HSN today (Feb. 12). Ordering mine!
Mary Beth
lutheran is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #234
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Rosiebudstamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,607
Default

I heard from a rep that these were some of the first ones on the market SO let's hope we don't have problems with them.....I also read something about the measurements are wrong and that there is a free download to print and tape over the wrong ones....like typos or something. BUT this isn't deterring me....I want it....NOW....it's on it's way!
__________________
******
Pearl

Last edited by Rosiebudstamp; 02-12-2013 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: Add
Rosiebudstamp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #235
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiebudstamp View Post
I heard from a rep that these were some of the first ones on the market SO let's hope we don't have problems with them.....I also read something about the measurements are wrong and that there is a free download to print and tape over the wrong ones....like typos or something. BUT this isn't deterring me....I want it....NOW....it's on it's way!
The board itself is still good. I haven't gotten mine yet, won't be shipped until April. So I'm hoping to have a corrected version. I downloaded the measurement sheet they posted. Looks like you can just tape or laminate it down on your board, but I don't think there were many changes, so you might just want to use a fine point permanent marker and write in the changes. Either way, I'm trying to be patient and wait on mine!
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #236
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Glastonbury, CT
Posts: 2,165
Default

I've got one of the "correct" ones coming to me in a couple of weeks from Frantic Stamper. Every video I'm watching has a right-handed person using the tool, and I'm not able to think of a way that my left-handed self will be able to make it work (I'm not ambidextrous with things like this). Can anyone here tell me if I'm missing something?
__________________
Come and visit me on Pinterest http://pinterest.com/logoct/pins/
Lola G. is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #237
Stampin' Fool
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,489
A Little Birdie Told Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutheran View Post
This awesome tool is on HSN today (Feb. 12). Ordering mine!
Mary Beth
It's not the featured product today - today its the Mini 8 punches. But they do have it for $19.95. I'm from Canada and went in search of this fine product and was very excited to find it on HSN but then disappointed because they don't ship to Canada.

I don't want to pre-order it somewhere because then you end up paying shipping on one item instead of combining it and sometimes being able to get free shipping.

I'll keep waiting...
__________________
Charlene

My Gallery
bbbp is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #238
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Rosiebudstamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,607
Default

Yes....was just watching that punch video. I have two of the eight punches ...they are cool
__________________
******
Pearl
Rosiebudstamp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #239
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Rosiebudstamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
The board itself is still good. I haven't gotten mine yet, won't be shipped until April. So I'm hoping to have a corrected version. I downloaded the measurement sheet they posted. Looks like you can just tape or laminate it down on your board, but I don't think there were many changes, so you might just want to use a fine point permanent marker and write in the changes. Either way, I'm trying to be patient and wait on mine!
I am so excited about it...sent cards yesterday...thought oh little buddy I can hardly wait for u....probably say good bye to my Martha one....or maybe give it to a friend.....
__________________
******
Pearl
Rosiebudstamp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:33 AM   #240
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiebudstamp View Post
I am so excited about it...sent cards yesterday...thought oh little buddy I can hardly wait for u....probably say good bye to my Martha one....or maybe give it to a friend.....
Don't give your Martha away. Just tuck it in a drawer somewhere. I gave mine away when I got my Scor Pal and ended up buying a new one. Love my Scor Pal, but there were just a few things I liked about Martha too.
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off