Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree292Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #161
Glitter Queen

I'm back! This board is AWESOME!!!
You have already read how great it is to have the punch for the notches and then as a corner rounder. That IS outstanding.

I have made the following envelopes so far: 3x3, 4x4, 3 1/2x 5 1/2, and 2- A2 card envelopes using a scoring measurement on one card at 3 3/4 and the other at 3 1/2. Actually, the larger A2 is better for me because I don't seem to know when to stop embellishing.

But I have learned from you experts that no matter what size envelope I'm making on the board I can just increase the scoring measurement by a 1/4" and my card will be a little bigger for those embellishments.

I find the measurements on the board to be spot on for what I have done so far. If the cards don't line up for you when you fold ithem, just change around the flaps until they line up. I followed the instructions just the way they are given.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if I should buy another one in the event something happens to this one, like what I don't know. Can you tell I'm HOOKED?

Last edited by Lorac813; 02-02-2013 at 08:55 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
sprtchick likes this post.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #162
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorac813 View Post
You have already read how great it is to have the punch for the notches and then as a corner rounder. That IS outstanding.

I have made the following envelopes so far: 3x3, 4x4, 3 1/2x 5 1/2, and 2- A2 card envelopes using a scoring measurement on one card at 3 3/4 and the other at 3 1/2. Actually, the larger A2 is better for me because I don't seem to know when to stop embellishing.

But I have learned from you experts that no matter what size envelope I'm making on the board I can just decrease the scoring measurement by a 1/4" and my card will be a little bigger for those embellishments.

I find the measurements on the board to be spot on for what I have done so far. If the cards don't line up for you when you fold ithem, just change around the flaps until they line up. I followed the instructions just the way they are given.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if I should buy another one in the event something happens to this one, like what I don't know. Can you tell I'm HOOKED?
Thanks for coming back and posting your experience! Not sure when I will get mine, but I sure am anxiously awaiting!! LOL
Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #163
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

But I have learned from you experts that no matter what size envelope I'm making on the board I can just decrease the scoring measurement by a 1/4" and my card will be a little bigger for those embellishments.

Lora - so glad you love the board. I do too! And I'll bet you meant to say "increase" above to make the envie bigger.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 02-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #164
Glitter Queen

I sure did! Thank you.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #165
Creative Crew SU Design Team

I ordered mine from Scrapbook.com . It says it shipped this week, I was hoping that I would have a surprise on my porch when I got home but no such luck! Maybe Monday!!!!

Can't wait to use it! I am AWFUL at making envies!!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #166
Crimping Master

Thanks for the info!

BLOG : The Papercraft Place

You Tube: kelley3684
Guest Designer for "Midnight Madness"
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #167
Glitter Queen

I played with mine some more today to make envies for my Valentine cards and I really love it. My dear hubby even had to admit it worked pretty slick!!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #168
Matboard Maniac

I got mine today and I like the recommended measurements. I wonder if the A2 (4 1/2 x 5 1/2) is a misprint because my A2 card fit just fine. This board is going to come in handy & makes me want to make cards in different sizes.

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #169
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Mine should be here todayish. After reading these posts I'm wondering if I shouldn't be as excited anymore. : (
I am glad you stayed excited. ! I have tools that are unpopular I could never part with. Then I have tools that are popular I can't stand. I get excited about what works for me.

Bugga & Lorac thank you so much for the reviews. I still want it. I don't know if I am going to order it. I wanted to see it in person first. Looks like I will be ordering things from now on. DH wants to move out of town away from all the craft stores. How we are both going to survive I don't know, lol. I am joking. I can't wait. I will trade Michael's any day for a place with land, pond & horses.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 02-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #170
Glitter Queen

Can you edit a post once it's been posted?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #171
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Can you edit a post once it's been posted?
There is an "edit" button on the bottom right side of your post. The button doesn't show up there very long, but you can edit your post for a short time if you click on it.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #172
Embossing Fanatic

Well I just called HSN and the special is the Mini 8 Border Punches.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #173
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkiemonstermom View Post
I ordered mine from Scrapbook.com . It says it shipped this week, I was hoping that I would have a surprise on my porch when I got home but no such luck! Maybe Monday!!!!

Can't wait to use it! I am AWFUL at making envies!!!!
It says not available. Anyone know any other place that may have this?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #174
Mad Swapper

I just got mine today and let me tell you-what a joy!! It is very easy to use right out of the gate. I've made 5 envelopes using their measurements w/o difficulty. I see what Bugga was talking about in regards to the A2 size. But for me, it will work as I usually have a ribbon and bow on many cards. So that extra wiggle room will be good. And if I have a one layer card I'll just decrease the size 1/4". I have a feeling I'm going to be an envelope making fool for a while
Old 02-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #175
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juble View Post
I just got mine today and let me tell you-what a joy!! It is very easy to use right out of the gate. I've made 5 envelopes using their measurements w/o difficulty. I see what Bugga was talking about in regards to the A2 size. But for me, it will work as I usually have a ribbon and bow on many cards. So that extra wiggle room will be good. And if I have a one layer card I'll just decrease the size 1/4". I have a feeling I'm going to be an envelope making fool for a while
Glad yours got there and that you love it. I've been reading back over the posts from folks who've received theirs. Aren't we all so funny - it doesn't take much to make us excited and happy!

This little tool offers a lot of bang for the buck.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #176
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Glad yours got there and that you love it. I've been reading back over the posts from folks who've received theirs. Aren't we all so funny - it doesn't take much to make us excited and happy!

This little tool offers a lot of bang for the buck.
I'm just glad this happy wasn't very expensive! I've never been one to get super-excited about new products but this one really had me, lol! I've changed my mind since my last post....I think I like the adjusted A2 size better. Even my layered, ribboned cards fit well in them. It's nice to have options.....it sure is!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #177
Forum Fanatic

On their fb page WRMK mentioned that HSN ordered or reserved the punch boards before CHA so it makes it sound like HSN will have them at some point. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #178
Hardware Hotshot

Marcos Paper had one at the show in Lawrencville, Ga this weekend. I checked it out a little bit. I like the size because it won't take up much desk space or storage space.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
Old 02-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #179
Watercolor Wizard

Wanted to stop back in again with another report on the Envelope Punch.

I gave it a workout by making 25 envelopes for my valentines. I went through some of my old paper packs and got out any likely papers that had red or pink in them. Most were patterns that were not at all suitable for cards, (which is why I still had them, lol.)

I cut my papers into 8-1/8" squares, revved up the punch, and made 25 perfect envelopes in no time at all. The Punch worked perfectly. I used my preferred revised measurement on the top ruler for my first punch and score - 3-1/2" instead of the 3-3/4" they recommend. This makes an envelope for an A2 card that is only slightly larger than the purchased ones I have.

I am so happy I got this! The envelopes went together so quickly, and they look so pretty, with the pattern paper peeking out. Even the "odd patterns" look pretty nice when they are inside an envelope.

I may never buy envelopes again.....

Old 02-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #180
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Wanted to stop back in again with another report on the Envelope Punch.

I gave it a workout by making 25 envelopes for my valentines. I went through some of my old paper packs and got out any likely papers that had red or pink in them. Most were patterns that were not at all suitable for cards, (which is why I still had them, lol.)

I cut my papers into 8-1/8" squares, revved up the punch, and made 25 perfect envelopes in no time at all. The Punch worked perfectly. I used my preferred revised measurement on the top ruler for my first punch and score - 3-1/2" instead of the 3-3/4" they recommend. This makes an envelope for an A2 card that is only slightly larger than the purchased ones I have.

I am so happy I got this! The envelopes went together so quickly, and they look so pretty, with the pattern paper peeking out. Even the "odd patterns" look pretty nice when they are inside an envelope.

I may never buy envelopes again.....

I also adjusted my paper square to 8" x 8"" and then set my square on the 3 1/2" mark. Makes a perfect A2 envelope. I don't know if you have tried this as you say you started out with 8 1/8" x 8 1/8". So I just wanted to put that out there.

Also, if a person used double-sided dp for the envelope, would there be any issues when mailing? I figured as long as you had an address label or such for a clear address that you could use double-sided. But....I've never tried it. Just wondering if
anyone has the answer.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:28 AM   #181
Proud Fan Club Member

You shouldn't have any trouble at all as long as you use a label and the address can be clearly seen. The only difference would be they may be heavier and depending on the weight of the card too, you may need a little extra postage. I am still patiently waiting for mine but I am taking notes from all of you, so that you for continuing to come back with updates.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #182
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
You shouldn't have any trouble at all as long as you use a label and the address can be clearly seen. The only difference would be they may be heavier and depending on the weight of the card too, you may need a little extra postage. I am still patiently waiting for mine but I am taking notes from all of you, so that you for continuing to come back with updates.
Thanks for the info. I made a double-sided envie and it is a bit heavier. I really like the look of it though.

I hope you get yours soon. I know you will think it's as cool as I do And be sure to let us know how you get on with it!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #183
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juble View Post
I also adjusted my paper square to 8" x 8"" and then set my square on the 3 1/2" mark. Makes a perfect A2 envelope. I don't know if you have tried this as you say you started out with 8 1/8" x 8 1/8". So I just wanted to put that out there.

Also, if a person used double-sided dp for the envelope, would there be any issues when mailing? I figured as long as you had an address label or such for a clear address that you could use double-sided. But....I've never tried it. Just wondering if
anyone has the answer.
Thanks for reminding me about using 8 x 8 paper instead of 8-1/8". I had forgotten that I did that when using my Martha Stewart Score Board. It makes the right size envie, and it's easier to cut 8 x 8 squares than to fiddle with lining up 8-1/8 on my paper cutter.

And yes, I've seen posts where people use double-sided paper for envelopes. I think they are "legal" to mail. I've never done it, because I thought it might require them to be handled differently, ie maybe not put through the machines, and that would slow up the delivery.

Just my own personal feeling, not backed up with any facts, lol. I know lots of people use them. I'm sort of paranoid about the mail. I always use way too much tape on my packages because I'm just sure they will be dropped and pop open and spill everything out. I receive packages that are poorly taped, only one little piece of tape on each end, and they got to me just fine. But I still have a feeling if I did that, they would fall apart. My family teases me about my tape phobia and how much I use.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #184
Proud Fan Club Member

Thssi looks like a great little tool; been added to my ever growing wish list
Old 02-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #185
Insane Embellisher

I received a newsletter from home from my LSS who was getting these in. Her price point 24.99 so no need to order elsewhere for shipping fees and taxes. Looking forward to playing with my new toy when i get home.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #186
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm still excitedly waiting on mine. It was a pre order, and said late Feb. early March, so I am hoping they are right. Wouldn't mine if it came earlier, but I will try to be patient!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #187
Mad Swapper

Yay for you! Be sure to weigh in after you get it to let us know if you like it. I'm still happy with my new toy
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #188
Glitter Queen

LOL! Since I received my new toy I have been crafting backwards; making cards to match my envelopes!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #189
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
LOL! Since I received my new toy I have been crafting backwards; making cards to match my envelopes!
I should quit coming in here until mine comes. This just makes me want it more! LOL
Old 02-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #190
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Now that is funny.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #191
Glitter Queen

Using this tool is kinda like eating potato chips...can't stop once you start!! I have had so much fun with this since I've gotten it. Made all the envies for my Valentine cards in record time. Love it.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #192
Matboard Maniac

Tool Directions here are the refined measurements...

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #193
Compulsive Stamper

Default The Envelope Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice13 View Post
It says not available. Anyone know any other place that may have this?
I just ordered mine from HSN on 2-8-13. In stock and I will have it in 3-5 days.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #194
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamper22 View Post
I just ordered mine from HSN on 2-8-13. In stock and I will have it in 3-5 days.
thanks! I'd been watching hsn but gave up a couple of days ago. I just got mine ordered.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #195
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlenemcg View Post
Tool Directions here are the refined measurements...
Thanks, I printed it out so I will be ready when it comes!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #196
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm really having fun with mine too.

The other day I got some envelope glue on Sale. So now I'm set.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #197
Glitter Queen

Really? What is envelope glue? Is there a particular brand name? Is it just for sealing your envelope or can it be used in making the envelope too? hmmm
Old 02-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #198
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Really? What is envelope glue? Is there a particular brand name? Is it just for sealing your envelope or can it be used in making the envelope too? hmmm
Here is a well known brand that gets pretty good reviews. You don't use it to make the envelopes. You use it to put on the envelope flaps. Then it can be remoistened to seal them.

Sometimes you can find this at craft stores, like Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

LICK & STICK remoistenable envelope glue from Green Sneakers

I've also seen recipes for making your own remoistenable glue for envelopes, but I haven't tried any of them. I most always use my handmade envelopes myself, and I just seal them with my ATG gun when I'm ready to mail. For your own use, you can also just use a regular glue stick to seal them.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #199
Glitter Queen

Great.
Thanks so much!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #200
Glitter Queen

Nice. Thank you!