Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree292Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 02:57 AM   #81
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnval View Post
I paid approx. $400 in cash for my groceries and I was asked if I was a "drug dealer" b/c nobody pays cash anymore!

Well, how I get around the ordering online thing, is I get a pre-paid Visa gift card each month loaded with what I have budgeted. Both Hubby and I have agreed on that amount and that is what I have.
That is terrible and funny too. You look nothing at all like a drug dealer. I pay cash for my groceries. I shop at Aldi's. I pay cash for everything. I hardly use my card. I have always paid cash for things. I will be old school as long as I can about this cash thing, lol.

I was talking to my DH earlier about getting a pre-paid Visa for online purchases. I don't trust shopping online either. I do shop online but it's not something I feel comfortable about.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #82
Crimping Master

Most of my cards are 5 x 7; so I am curious to know whether it allows for an envelope to be made from a 12 x 12 sheet. Would love to get using more of this humungus paper stash I have!

I believe I read on the Marco's Paper web site that the manufacturer's delivery date has been moved back to April. Bummer!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamper View Post
Most of my cards are 5 x 7; so I am curious to know whether it allows for an envelope to be made from a 12 x 12 sheet. Would love to get using more of this humungus paper stash I have!

I believe I read on the Marco's Paper web site that the manufacturer's delivery date has been moved back to April. Bummer!
Yes. The largest size is for a 6x8 1/2 card using an 11 x 11 sheet.

HTH.

I have just checked the close up and for a 5x7 card you will need a 9 1/2 x 9 1/2 sheet - so a bit cut off to make some matching embellishments on the card itself?

You can see the close up at 32 sec. http://youtu.be/vGOwNiBwWIA

Last edited by RiverIsis; 01-21-2013 at 09:51 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #84
Crimping Master

Great! The picture I had looked at originally did not show enough detail to specify all the possible cuts. Wish all manufacturers would make products that included all directions and sizes on the tool as well as a storage slot for the scoring tool. Good design. I'll be curious to see how well it lines up for the average crafter. My envelopes always seem to end up askew when I fold them.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #85
Watercolor Wizard

I pre-ordered the Envelope Punch from Flamingo Scraps. She just sent an email advising that she will not receive the boards until the middle of March.

She also offered an option to cancel orders and refund payment if anyone wanted to. I am happy to wait and get mine when she can ship them out, as it was a good price and reasonable shipping.

I guess I'm not surprised. This seems to happen a lot when a new product hits the market. I just hope the board works as well as it seems to in the videos.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 01-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like the manufacturing run has been adjusted to the orders.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 AM   #87
Hardware Hotshot

For anyone looking for another place to pre-order this, I noticed them here:

TOOLS

I've ordered many times from StampingScrapping and always had excellent results.

I can also recommend Marcos Paper for excellent service.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
Old 01-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #88
Stazon Splitcoast

My hubby and I went thru the Dave Ramsey course thre years ago. In Sept 2012 I had the pleasre of calling in and yelling we are debt free. Sorry for the hijack. I too think this new tool looks interesting.
Blesings
Old 01-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #89
Hardware Hotshot

Amber,

Speaking of excellent places to order from, I received the dies I ordered from you on Wednesday today (Fri). You are the best!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
Old 01-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #90
Compulsive Stamper

Default Envelope punch

HSN is having a Today's Special Value from Memory Keeper's on Feb.12th. I wonder if it is the envelope punch?
Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #91
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamper22 View Post
HSN is having a Today's Special Value from Memory Keeper's on Feb.12th. I wonder if it is the envelope punch?
Do you know what time? Will they announce ahead of time what it is or will we just have to tune in? I don't watch HSN very often, but would be interested to see if it's this envelope punch! I want one sooooo bad.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #92
Insane Embellisher

You piqued my curiosity, so I called HSN. We R Memory Keepers will be featured all day on Tuesday, February 12. Closer to that date, you can go to their website, HSN.com, HSN Official Site | Online Shopping at HSN.com | Shopping Online at HSN.com, click on HSN TV in the upper right area of the home page, and then choose a date from the dropdown menu in the Program Guide. Now we all know!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #93
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamper22 View Post
I think I may be on their "preferred list" because I've bought a lot of things from HSN. I sometimes get emails ahead of time about the Today's Special.

If I do get one, I will be sure to let you guys know if the Envelope Punch is the Special of the day.

And, the Today's Special always begins at 12 midnight Eastern time on the day it is to go on sale. I live in Central time, so that's 11:00 pm the day before for me.

Last edited by buggainok; 01-28-2013 at 03:33 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #94
Die Cut Diva

If HSN gets Envelope Punch boards before the small store owners there will be some very unhappy owners.

Originally store owners were told they would get their first shipment of Envelope boards the end of January to the first week of February. Then that was revised to late March early April.
I hope WE R Memory Keepers didn't change the ship dates to stores that ordered at CHA so they could promise the first shipment to HSN.

If they did that I will never buy another thing from WE R Memory Keepers. Businesses honoring their word is very important to me .
Old 01-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #95
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
If HSN gets Envelope Punch boards before the small store owners there will be some very unhappy owners.

Originally store owners were told they would get their first shipment of Envelope boards the end of January to the first week of February. Then that was revised to late March early April.
I hope WE R Memory Keepers didn't change the ship dates to stores that ordered at CHA so they could promise the first shipment to HSN.
If they did that I will never buy another thing from WE R Memory Keepers. Businesses honoring their word is very important to me .
That would actually really piss me off as either a customer or store owner. I did place a pre-order for this which I do not typically do for any product.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #96
Glitter Queen

I saw that Scrapbook.com had it listed today so I jumped in and ordered it...can't wait to get it. I hope it works as well as the video shows. I have a feeling they will sell out of these very quickly.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #97
Die Cut Diva

I regret pre-ordering mine . It originally said ship date would be the end of Jan or first part of February. "After" I placed the pre-order the ship date was changed to end of March first part of April.
And the merchant said they charge a CC at the time of the pre-order.

I Won't order from them again
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #98
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyB1 View Post
I saw that Scrapbook.com had it listed today so I jumped in and ordered it...can't wait to get it. I hope it works as well as the video shows. I have a feeling they will sell out of these very quickly.
I just looked on Scrapbook.com and it said they have the product "in stock". I wonder if that is really true, since the orders seem to be delayed at so many other sellers?

Could it be that the retailers who place large orders, like Scrapbook.com and HSN, would get their stock first? I'm not in the business so really have no idea how all that works.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #99
Die Cut Diva

Something is fishy here. Even Marcos Paper was originally told the ship date would be end of January or first week of February and had those dates on their site. Then on Jan 18 after he had taken pre-orders he was told end of March first part of April

I know Marcos is very reliable and up front with information . I have ordered mail order from them and when I lived in Ohio I shopped in their store
They do not charge a CC until an item ships
Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

We R Memory Keepers stated the original date on the first video I posted so that came from the horses mouth so to speak.

I guess we can only speculate about the delay and nobody is going to say anything about HSN until nearly the day if it is on. It makes me feel sorry for all the small businesses though it if is the case. They are at the mercy of the manufacturer and of course the manufacturer is at the mercy of a large bulk buyer.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #101
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I agree that upsets me too. I remember in the videos I watched the date clearly said around the end of January or beginning of February. I wrote it down because my DH was going to get me the punch for Valentine's Day.

I have the flu so I sound grumpy but I am not. This will probably come out grumpy. I have seen many companies tech and crafting profile their products on HSN before releasing it to smaller stores. I have a friend who has a tech store was promised a release date on a product, started pre-orders and then the manufacturer turned around and sold the product on HSN before they sent the product to the smaller stores. I think it was an e-reader. I can't remember for sure. It was a few years back.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 01-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #102
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I agree that upsets me too. I remember in the videos I watched the date clearly said around the end of January or beginning of February. I wrote it down because my DH was going to get me the punch for Valentine's Day.

I have the flu so I sound grumpy but I am not. This will probably come out grumpy. I have seen many companies tech and crafting profile their products on HSN before releasing it to smaller stores. I have a friend who has a tech store was promised a release date on a product, started pre-orders and then the manufacturer turned around and sold the product on HSN before they sent the product to the smaller stores. I think it was an e-reader. I can't remember for sure. It was a few years back.
I agree, it does not seem fair at all for the smaller retailers (and those of us who shop with them).

Corporate profits seem to always win out these days. The manufacturer can make one huge shipment of thousands of its product to just the major seller, like HSN, get their money and be done with it. HSN frequently sells 10,000 and even more of something when it is promoted as a Today's Special.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 AM   #103
Rubber Obsessor

I said in another post that this year I'm sticking to only purchasing consumables.

Well, I lied.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #104
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrylin View Post
I said in another post that this year I'm sticking to only purchasing consumables.

Well, I lied.
Haha, you sound just like me
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #105
Hardware Hotshot

Looking at Scrapbook.com, they don't indicate this is a preorder. There are other punches that debuted at CHA that are still showing "Coming Soon"

I ordered mine locally, so I'll be waiting awhile.

― Spider Robinson
Old 01-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #106
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceramicat1 View Post
Looking at Scrapbook.com, they don't indicate this is a preorder. There are other punches that debuted at CHA that are still showing "Coming Soon"

I ordered mine locally, so I'll be waiting awhile.
I just looked at the punch on the Scrapbook.com site and it says: "Brand New - Just Arrived." So it looks like they actually have it in stock right now.

Very strange that all the other places are waiting on pre-order shipments until April.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #107
Glitter Queen

Smile

I ordered mine yesterday from Scrapbook.com and I just got the email that it has shipped...can't wait to get it and play!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #108
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyB1 View Post
I ordered mine yesterday from Scrapbook.com and I just got the email that it has shipped...can't wait to get it and play!
Interesting! It appears they did ship the first orders to large buyers and let the smaller buyers wait until April
The place where i placed a pre-order says they can not change an order after it was placed.

I nevertheless sent them an email to cancel my order. I don't know if they will honor my cancelation request.
The store has no contol over this , but I don't want to spend my money on We R Memory Keepers products if this is how they treat their smaller stores.

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 01-29-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

As I don't have a local store. I will probably wait and see if it is on HSN. If not I will just bide my time.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #110
Die Cut Diva

I contacted Stampingscraping where I placed the pre-order and asked her to cancel my order in vew of the way We R Memory Keepers seems to be shipping the orders.

They charged my credit card when I placed the order .

She told me she will not cancel the order, but will give me a store credit if I want that. . I told her I don't want a store credit .

She explained she clearly spells out on her web site her policy of not giving refunds or changing or cancelling an order

I told her to ship it when she gets it , but I am not counting on ever getting it
Won't buy from her again . At least it was only a $26 lesson.
I will never again buy from any place that charges your CC before they ship the merchandise. Live and Learn
Old 01-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #111
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I contacted Stampingscraping where I placed the pre-order and asked her to cancel my order in vew of the way We R Memory Keepers seems to be shipping the orders.

They charged my credit card when I placed the order .

She told me she will not cancel the order, but will give me a store credit if I want that. . I told her I don't want a store credit .

She explained she clearly spells out on her web site her policy of not giving refunds or changing or cancelling an order

I told her to ship it when she gets it , but I am not counting on ever getting it
Won't buy from her again . At least it was only a $26 lesson.
I will never again buy from any place that charges your CC before they ship the merchandise. Live and Learn
Another reason I don't buy online. Was this your first order from this company? I can't believe they would actually charge your card before they even had the product. There is really no reason she couldn't cancel an order if she doesn't have it in stock yet. If she had it, that would be totally different.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #112
Embossing Fanatic

I am really thinking its the envelope punch board as the special value on 2/12/2013.
I wish we knew what it is. HSN had the lucky 8 punches first.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #113
Kookie Creator

I also per ordered this from stamping scrapping. I knew my card would be charged in advance, but I am unhappy about the change in delivery date. I know this is not the stores fault, but I won't be placing any preorders in the future with anyone. I usually like to wait for a product to be out a bit and look for reviews. I just happened to get excited about this product.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #114
Die Cut Diva

I order on line all the time and I have not had problems. I can't recall any company that I have ordered from charging my CC before they even have the merchandise.

This my own fault that I will never repeat. I read the notice on the Web site that they charge the CC at the time for the pre-order. However at that time the ship date from WE R Memory Keepers was late January to first part of February. So I though that was fine
Then when the ship date was pushed to late March first of April I figured that they had not anticipated the popularity and were not prepared so I thought OK.
It was when I realized large order firms were getting their orders while the ship date for the small shops was being pushed farther and farther into the future that I was turned off by such a practice and asked to cancel it .

However I was also turned off by the idea the store can't cancel an order and refund the money because it is too much work to change their inventory , etc, but they can let you buy something else which will result in the same inventory adjustment on the original item that was ordered.

It was the first order I places with this company. I got a long dissertation on reason for refusing a cancellation , because they work long hours and it takes too much time to change their inventory and spread sheets =blah blah blah. Also that they pay 3% to the CC, but I felt that was their choice not mine to charge the CC before they had the merchandise

She said I checked the box that I read their policy on order changes when I ordered the product so I have no recourse with my CC either. Which is probably true. If I never get it I am just dropping it and will consider it a learning experience.

The ship date "may" have been pushed again, because in the email I got she said shipping between March and ( now) May
Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #115
Pearl-ExPert

Jenny (Craft Test Dummies) has a new video review: Tips for the Envelope Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers - YouTube
Old 01-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #116
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvics View Post
Jenny (Craft Test Dummies) has a new video review: Tips for the Envelope Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers - YouTube
Thanks for that.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #117
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
Thanks for that.
YVW!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #118
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvics View Post
Thanks for the link. I watched the video just now. I notice the gal doing the demo and review made quite a few remarks about the score lines being "off" and said she recommended measuring twice, not once like the directions say.

And, indeed, a couple of the envies she made were not terribly accurate. However, I also noticed that she had what I would call a "slap-dash" approach to what she was doing. She was working very fast when rotating the paper and scoring.

I also noticed that she did not seem to get the paper aligned to exactly the right measurement to start with. When you are dealing with 1/8th of an inch, if that measurement starts off wrong, it will be multiplied by the time you complete the other 3 score lines. And, yes, your envelope will not be even.

So, maybe some of the complaints she had could be due to user error?

People doing videos frequently seem to me to be trying to show how fast they can do something, not how carefully and correctly they can do it.

Just my opinion after watching. I haven't used this product.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #119
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Thanks for the link. I watched the video just now. I notice the gal doing the demo and review made quite a few remarks about the score lines being "off" and said she recommended measuring twice, not once like the directions say.

And, indeed, a couple of the envies she made were not terribly accurate. However, I also noticed that she had what I would call a "slap-dash" approach to what she was doing. She was working very fast when rotating the paper and scoring.

I also noticed that she did not seem to get the paper aligned to exactly the right measurement to start with. When you are dealing with 1/8th of an inch, if that measurement starts off wrong, it will be multiplied by the time you complete the other 3 score lines. And, yes, your envelope will not be even.

So, maybe some of the complaints she had could be due to user error?

People doing videos frequently seem to me to be trying to show how fast they can do something, not how carefully and correctly they can do it.

Just my opinion after watching. I haven't used this product.
Yeah, I thought her measurement was off on her "solution" envelope too. It worked but only just and the envelopes should have a little leeway.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #120
Die Cut Diva

My saga of the Envelope punch has solved to my satisfaction. It looks like the store credit is a better idea than waiting for something that has left a bad taste in my mouth