Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree294Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #881
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbet View Post
Ok, Kathy - I have pictures.

Photo 1 is the paper I'm using. I want the stripe to run up the side of the envelope. If I use the paper as is, the stripe is going to go across at a weird angle.

Photo 2 shows the template in place, with the stripe showing thru the window where I want it. I mark my "A" corner, and trace around the template and cut out my square. (What works best is extending the lines with a ruler and cutting with a trimmer or paper cutter; and double check that your final square is true to size. Tracing around the template actually gives you a square a little bigger than you want.)

Photo 3 is the completed envelope. This one is just a tiny bit wonky, because I threw it together in a hurry and didn't double check to make sure my final square was really 8". But see how the stripe is where I wanted it?

Any other questions, just give a yell I've only done one template for my A2 envies, since that's what I usually make, but this should work for all the sizes.
Perfect! I was cutting my paper down to 8x8 first! Silly me. Thanks for taking the time to post pictures. You're super!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #882
Pearl-ExPert

No problem! It wouldn't make any sense to make a template for every envelope possible, but it's really not too awful to make two or three for sizes you make a lot of. It was just irritating me that the stripes on some of my papers weren't going where I wanted them to.
RiverIsis likes this post.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #883
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbet View Post
No problem! It wouldn't make any sense to make a template for every envelope possible, but it's really not too awful to make two or three for sizes you make a lot of. It was just irritating me that the stripes on some of my papers weren't going where I wanted them to.
I'm just making one for the A2 size. Thanks again.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:25 AM   #884
Cardstock Collector

ok ladies, probably too late to help anyone but i have finally got a decent sized envelope for a uk A6 ( i think, or an A5 sheet folded in half) sized card. I cant take the credit as have read other blogs etc but still found them to be to large lengthways so have messed around till I found what worked for me.
1) 21 x 21 paper (cm)
2) then score at 12
3) turn 180 degrees so you are doing the diagonally opposite corner and score at 12
4) turn 90 degrees and score at 8.8
5) turn 180 degrees and score again at 8.8
punch all notches before turning paper

hope this helps someone as has been driving me crazy.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #885
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks!

That will be so useful.

I find it quite annoying that the WRMK metric measurement sticker for the board doesn't give sizes for popular UK envelopes.

Regards

Lesley
li-marie likes this post.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #886
Stazon Splitcoast

Honestly, I don't think they realize there is a paper size difference as well as measurements.

I still have A4 in my supplies and it makes me laugh because I know where I got it!
li-marie likes this post.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #887
Cardstock Collector

Would be great if WRMK put the time into producing a new metric sticker with our card sizes taken into account. I was very disappointed by this when I received mine. On the plus side I have been on a box making spree with it - a girl can never have too many boxes lol. Has anybody come up with new ideas for what else it could do, I've seen the mini files and various boxes, as there are some very clever peeps on here.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #888
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by li-marie View Post
Would be great if WRMK put the time into producing a new metric sticker with our card sizes taken into account. I was very disappointed by this when I received mine. On the plus side I have been on a box making spree with it - a girl can never have too many boxes lol. Has anybody come up with new ideas for what else it could do, I've seen the mini files and various boxes, as there are some very clever peeps on here.
I SOOO AGREE with you!!! WHO NEEDS TO BUY the new boards when you can do all the boxes etc., with the Envelope board? HOPE you all can get WRMK to CORRECT your measurement sticker! FACEBOOK MIGHT be the key to getting it corrected, if you let it be KNOWN!!!!
RiverIsis and li-marie like this post.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #889
Kookie Creator

http://www.thecraftyowl.co.uk/boxbuster/
This one is to make Boxes...

http://www.thecraftyowl.co.uk/EnvelopeExpert/
This one is to make Envelopes..

A SU lady in the UK.. a big thanks from me if she is on the Forum
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM   #890
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
So, HERE'S the thing.

I bought this back in mid-May from HSN and I've loved it so far, but have used it literally only 5 times. Even though I've only had it two months anyway, it has just sat on my craft table except for those 5 times.

Yesterday, I went to use it for the 6th time and the teal punch housing just came off the board. The entire punch mechanism ended up falling off too, without the housing there to hold it on.

I kind of stared at it, stunned, since it came off like it was broken but upon further inspection, there was no cracked or broken plastic or anything--it just came apart.

I reassembled it easily, but the housing will NOT stay down, rendering the thing useless. I have tried and tried to push it on and it will stick for a second, then pop off. It almost seems like something was glued on and the glue dried out because I don't see anything broken or cracked. Plus, it's just been sitting!!!

I just ended up giving my mom her birthday card in no envelope yesterday. I'm so disappointed this product just fell apart after so few uses and such little time! Anyone have any issue with this?? Any suggestions??
Mine did the same thing. I glued the springs in on both sides and it works better, but it's still a mess.