Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree294Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #801
Rubber Obsessor

Shoot, while we're talking about adhesives, does anyone have a positive recommendation for a Xyron? I heard it makes the non sticker side gummy as well.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #802
Crimping Master

Christina,
I have a Xyron & it makes ONE SIDE sticky! No problems with mine! I think it's a GREAT LITTLE MACINE!
Ambelleina likes this post.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #803
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
Shoot, while we're talking about adhesives, does anyone have a positive recommendation for a Xyron? I heard it makes the non sticker side gummy as well.
what i found with my xyron is that I had burnish the piece before taking off the protective layer and then go over it with a soft eraser to take off to get the adhesive that's just on the edge of the piece.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Ambelleina likes this post.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #804
Crimping Master

I'm PLAYING with my NEW Envelope Punch Board & am WONDERING what I'm doing wrong???? I want an envelope 4 1/2" x 5 1/2". I went with the A-2 Size & cut my paper to 8 1/8" x 8 1/8" & lined up the left edge to the 3 3/4" mark & scored & followed through with using the score guide on all other sides, etc.! The envelope isn't big enough for my 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" card! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? I KNOW bugga & Kathy will hear my cries for "HELP?" THANKS LADIES!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #805
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLady View Post
I'm PLAYING with my NEW Envelope Punch Board & am WONDERING what I'm doing wrong???? I want an envelope 4 1/2" x 5 1/2". I went with the A-2 Size & cut my paper to 8 1/8" x 8 1/8" & lined up the left edge to the 3 3/4" mark & scored & followed through with using the score guide on all other sides, etc.! The envelope isn't big enough for my 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" card! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? I KNOW bugga & Kathy will hear my cries for "HELP?" THANKS LADIES!!!!!!!!
I just gave it a try and mine fits perfectly using those measurements. Are you measuring the first time and then following the scorelines for the rest of the envelope? Are you sure your card is 4 1/2 x 5 1/2? I would verify the actual card size first, then cut the 8 1/8x 8 /8 and score at 3 3/4...if you are doing all of that, I can't figure this one out because mine just came out perfectly!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #806
Proud Fan Club Member

I re-read your message and I was wondering if you knew that the size they give you is for the card, it is not for the envelope size. So if your card is 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 it should fit. The envelope for a card that size comes out to 4 3/4 x 5 5/8.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #807
Crimping Master

You know what I THINK I did? I THINK I turned my paper CLOCK WISE instead of COUNTER CLOCK WISE! AND I found a You Tube video that said the measurements are STILL OFF a little for the A2 size---she said to cut a piece of paper 8 1/8" x 8 1/4" for the A2 size. I figure I MUST have been turning it the wrong way---It came out 3 1/2" x 6 1/2"! That's all I can figure! THANK YOU for trying to help me!!!! This lady--Christina Thomas said that there are OTHER MEASUREMENTS that are still a little off too!!! If that is so, I will have to fumble through! For the PRICE at Hobby Lobby---using the 40% coupon, I guess it wasn't too bad! I WONDERED if I should have waited to buy the SU version.....? AS LONG AS I can get HELP with these measurements!!!!!!! Numbers just SWIRL in MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 10-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #808
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
You know what I THINK I did? I THINK I turned my paper CLOCK WISE instead of COUNTER CLOCK WISE! AND I found a You Tube video that said the measurements are STILL OFF a little for the A2 size---she said to cut a piece of paper 8 1/8" x 8 1/4" for the A2 size. I figure I MUST have been turning it the wrong way---It came out 3 1/2" x 6 1/2"! That's all I can figure! THANK YOU for trying to help me!!!! This lady--Christina Thomas said that there are OTHER MEASUREMENTS that are still a little off too!!! If that is so, I will have to fumble through! For the PRICE at Hobby Lobby---using the 40% coupon, I guess it wasn't too bad! I WONDERED if I should have waited to buy the SU version.....? AS LONG AS I can get HELP with these measurements!!!!!!! Numbers just SWIRL in MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
An A2 card is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. To get an envelope close to that size, cut 8x8 and score at 3 1/2.

If you turned your paper clockwise, I don't think you would have had a line to follow to score the next one...??
dillyb5 likes this post.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #809
Crimping Master

OOOOooo!!! PERFECT SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU Kathy!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST tried it!!! I will make NOTE OF THIS!!!!
muscrat likes this post.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #810
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
OOOOooo!!! PERFECT SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU Kathy!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST tried it!!! I will make NOTE OF THIS!!!!
I made note of it when Bugga shared it with us a while back so I can't take the credit for it. Just for the sharing part!
buggainok and dillyb5 like this post.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #811
Crimping Master

THANKS KATHY!!!! I SO APPRECIATE the help!!! AND THANK YOU BUGGA too! Did you two notice OTHER DIFFERENCES on the measurements???? If you did, I'll read back on this thread!
buggainok likes this post.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #812
Proud Fan Club Member

I didn't really notice any other differences, but I know that some of the envelopes are not perfectly fit but they are closer than I could ever get trying to make them by hand! The other day I needed an envelope for a card that was 6 x 8 1/2 and I was tickled to find measurements for that one on the board!
Old 10-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #813
Crimping Master

THANK YOU KATHY!! I'm RELIEVED this one A-2 size was the ONLY ONE that needed some help! LOL THANK YOU!!!!!!!
buggainok and muscrat like this post.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #814
Proud Fan Club Member

You're welcome! I love your enthusiasm! Bugga and I are a lot like that!! LOL
Old 10-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #815
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
TLady, I'm glad my Trusty Sidekick, Kathy, was here to come to your rescue. I was out running errands and just now came back and saw your post.

The more envelopes you make, the better you will get at it. I've noticed, myself, that if I get too confident, and start breezing along, not paying close attention, (one eye on the TV, lol) my score lines can get a little off, and also my folding sometimes isn't quite right.

For the most part, though, they all turn out good enough to get my cards into, and that's all I care about. I don't think anyone who receives them will use their ruler to measure the envelope, ha!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
muscrat likes this post.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #816
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
TLady, I'm glad my Trusty Sidekick, Kathy, was here to come to your rescue. I was out running errands and just now came back and saw your post.

The more envelopes you make, the better you will get at it. I've noticed, myself, that if I get too confident, and start breezing along, not paying close attention, (one eye on the TV, lol) my score lines can get a little off, and also my folding sometimes isn't quite right.

For the most part, though, they all turn out good enough to get my cards into, and that's all I care about. I don't think anyone who receives them will use their ruler to measure the envelope, ha!
Well howdy miss Annette......glad to be of service! LOL...
Old 10-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #817
Crimping Master

HOW DID YOU TWO FIND EACH OTHER???? LOL I DO get a little "EXCITED" about things! Paper Crafting in-particular!!! Rubber Stamps!!! One of my friends has even commented on it! (She doesn't stamp! Not "crafty" at all!) Have you two EVER gotten to MEET EACH OTHER???? AND HOW MANY HOURS do you spend on here? I see you two EVERYWHERE ON HERE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #818
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
HOW DID YOU TWO FIND EACH OTHER???? LOL I DO get a little "EXCITED" about things! Paper Crafting in-particular!!! Rubber Stamps!!! One of my friends has even commented on it! (She doesn't stamp! Not "crafty" at all!) Have you two EVER gotten to MEET EACH OTHER???? AND HOW MANY HOURS do you spend on here? I see you two EVERYWHERE ON HERE!!!!!!!!
Now you know, a lady never tells her age, or the number of hours she spends online, lol. Kidding, of course. I'm retired and I pop on and off the computer all the time throughout the day and night, too.

I've always loved reading what Kathy posts here, and we seem to feel the same way about a lot of things. Kathy has a darling sense of humor which really comes through in her posts. I think we REALLY bonded about this envelope board, though. We've emailed back and forth and gotten to know each other. Would dearly love to meet you, Kathy, in real life. I know we would just start talking like we'd been friends all our lives.

You, too, TLady. If we were all together, we would have to draw names to see whose turn it was to talk.!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
muscrat likes this post.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #819
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Now you know, a lady never tells her age, or the number of hours she spends online, lol. Kidding, of course. I'm retired and I pop on and off the computer all the time throughout the day and night, too.

I've always loved reading what Kathy posts here, and we seem to feel the same way about a lot of things. Kathy has a darling sense of humor which really comes through in her posts. I think we REALLY bonded about this envelope board, though. We've emailed back and forth and gotten to know each other. Would dearly love to meet you, Kathy, in real life. I know we would just start talking like we'd been friends all our lives.

You, too, TLady. If we were all together, we would have to draw names to see whose turn it was to talk.!
Oh don't draw names. The last time I did that my SIL wrote her name on every piece of paper and we all got her name for Christmas! LOL!! Bugga and I live many miles apart. I don't like traveling so unless she comes east we will only be chatting and having fun on SCS...but I know we'd have fun if we met!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #820
Polyshrink Goddess

I got mine here! For $13.88

Envelope Punch Board
muscrat likes this post.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #821
Proud Fan Club Member

Great price! Enjoy!!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #822
Crimping Master

Sorry, I SEEMED to have dropped out of the conversation!!!! LOL (It was TIME FOR BED!) BUT, you two seem like you have been friends for FOREVER!!!! AND I seem to ALWAYS find you two TOGETHER on any thread I find!!! I kind of agree with Kathy, drawing names----We've had somewhat of a similar circumstance!!! LOL (Did you all find out BEFORE Christmas???) Wouldn't that be FUN if you two got to visit in person??? I didn't know about not telling how many hours you spend on-line! LOL I'll have to REMEMBER that one!!!!!!! We're retired too! So, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND coming to this contraption for the outside world & talking about something you love! You two work GREAT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm not the only one who has appreciated reading this thread & LEARNING from you two!!! THANKS for working out all the kinks!!! MAY BE, SCS should grant you SPECIAL STATUS for something on here???? You two should start a GROUP of some sort!!! You'd be GREAT AT IT!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:58 AM   #823
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Sorry, I SEEMED to have dropped out of the conversation!!!! LOL (It was TIME FOR BED!) BUT, you two seem like you have been friends for FOREVER!!!! AND I seem to ALWAYS find you two TOGETHER on any thread I find!!! I kind of agree with Kathy, drawing names----We've had somewhat of a similar circumstance!!! LOL (Did you all find out BEFORE Christmas???) Wouldn't that be FUN if you two got to visit in person??? I didn't know about not telling how many hours you spend on-line! LOL I'll have to REMEMBER that one!!!!!!! We're retired too! So, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND coming to this contraption for the outside world & talking about something you love! You two work GREAT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm not the only one who has appreciated reading this thread & LEARNING from you two!!! THANKS for working out all the kinks!!! MAY BE, SCS should grant you SPECIAL STATUS for something on here???? You two should start a GROUP of some sort!!! You'd be GREAT AT IT!!!!!!!!
Yes, she told us the same night and one in particular was not happy because he wanted her name and had to give it back for a re-draw!! Those were fun days. Our families grew, some passed on, and some moved away so we don't meet at Thanksgiving anymore to exchange names. But I have some awesome memories!

I'm online every day! SCS is the only site that I have ever been to that everyone is nice, helpful, and generous beyond words. I tend to turn the computer on in the morning for a while and then shut it down until later, otherwise I would be on all day and get nothing else done. This past week I've had a lot to do so I've not been on as much. But this is my happy place!
buggainok, dillyb5 and SharonG28 like this post.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #824
Crimping Master

This IS a NICE PLACE to be!!! EVERYONE is SOOO HELPFUL!!!!!!!! & there is MUCH TO BE LEARNED here!!!!!!!! THAT'S what I need to do, shut the computer OFF, so I can get things done!!!!!! LOL (My hubby would appreciate it too, I'm SURE!) This craft can make one become a little OBSESSIVE!!!!!!!!! Don't you think? LOL The envelope board kind of ENABLES this obsessiveness!!!!!!!!! BUT, one REALLY NEEDS an Envelope Board if one is making cards to send!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #825
Cardstock Collector

Default Another Problem with WRMK Punch Board

I have the punch board and LOVE it. I haven't had it very long so I haven't used it "Heavily". However, the punch on it is already sticking. I wonder if there is something I can do. I am going to call the company on Monday.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #826
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonG28 View Post
I have the punch board and LOVE it. I haven't had it very long so I haven't used it "Heavily". However, the punch on it is already sticking. I wonder if there is something I can do. I am going to call the company on Monday.
Try pushing the punch into it's slot. Mine seemed to be slipping out of the slot and I thought it was broken, but I pushed the punch up towards the top of it and it snapped back into place!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #827
Cardstock Collector

Thanks, but that didn't work. It is acting like an "old worn out" punch ans we all know what that's like.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #828
Matboard Maniac

Wink

Are you discussing that new envelope punch.. not sure of the company... goes for about $20? do you like it??

I saw it on HSN... looked really handy.

Are you having problems? Does it work as well as the advertise?

Last edited by kgostamper; 11-22-2013 at 05:25 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #829
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgostamper View Post
Are you discussing that new envelope punch.. not sure of the company... goes for about $20? do you like it??

I personally love it! I got it from HSN as well the day it debuted, used it maybe 3 times and it just fell apart.

I was really bummed, but I sent WRMK a message on Facebook and they promptly replaced it for me! Now it's perfect again and I love it. I actually use it for the cute file folder cards more than envelopes and today I read a tutorial on how to use it to make crackers .
Old 11-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #830
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonG28 View Post
Thanks, but that didn't work. It is acting like an "old worn out" punch ans we all know what that's like.
Yes that's how mine acted too but pushing it back into position fixed it for me. I'd contact the company. I love mine !
Old 11-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #831
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgostamper View Post

I saw these in Michaels yesterday. Use a coupon and get it for $10!!
RiverIsis, SharonG28 and DianeinSparks like this post.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #832
Crimping Master

Here is where to find out HOW TO make FILE FOLDERS & PROJECT LIVE CARDS with your Envelope Punch Board:
Triple the Scraps: Tuesday's {Tip} WRMK Envelope Punch Board
Old 11-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #833
Pearl-ExPert

Here are a couple of links for videos on how to use the envelope board to make gift boxes:

Video 1

Video 2

I've tried these with 12x12 paper scored at 4", and it makes quite a nice box.

These links were posted on another SCS thread about the gift box punch board, but I was thinking it would be handy to have them posted along with the other envelope board tutorials here.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #834
Crimping Master

cbet! Those links aren't working for some reason!!!! OH DO TRY AGAIN????? This would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #835
Crimping Master

I GOT IT cbet!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A TREAT to have ALL of this INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!! I'M QUITE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P
Old 11-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #836
Pearl-ExPert

You are very welcome, TLady! I don't know if you're interested, but the demo from the 2nd video has a tutorial for sale on her blog HERE for only $2 Australian - I downloaded it today and it worked out to about $1.89 US and it includes instructions for 12 different boxes, with a video link for each. I'm quite happy with it
Old 11-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #837
Crimping Master

THANK YOU cbet!!! That sounds like a SUPER DEAL!!! I saw ALL of her BOXES!!!!! I THINK I MIGHT be able to work out figuring it out myself though! THANK YOU for letting us know about these videos!!!!!!!!! They're GREAT!!!! I LIKE the fact that each woman does these little boxes DIFFERENTLY from the other! THANK YOU!!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #838
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to SilverDragoness

I'm surprised that I haven't seen someone make an advent calendar with cute tiny envies yet.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #839
Crimping Master

I just made 40 tiny envelopes for a silent auction. They're adorable.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #840
Kookie Creator

Stampin' Up! ADVENT COUNTDOWN 11 Envelope Punch Board Candy Cane Box - YouTube

this lady has loads and loads of how to's. and to be honest she has boxes bags and lots to make with the board. have ordered it of course.
RiverIsis and muscrat like this post.