Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree292Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #681
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom View Post
Here are my flip flop envelopes. She wanted white labels on the front so she can add the addresses. I am thinking of charging $12 for 12 envelopes + plus shipping since she lives in FL. It took me about 26 minutes to make them .

What do you think? Is that enough to charge? Too much?
Sherri, those are very cute - and look just like you, lol. When you figure what to charge, that paper could cost as much as $1 a sheet or so if you bought it separately at a LSS, so I don't think $1 a piece plus shipping is too much.

I looked a little bit on Etsy for handmade envelopes. I saw a set of 5 kraft envelopes with a heart on the flap for $6. I think your price is about right.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:46 AM   #682
Insane Embellisher

Very cute envelopes! I giggled when I saw they were actual flip flop paper envelopes. I thought there was some new kind of envelope out there that was called a flip flop envelope. Thanks for sharing.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #683
Hardware Hotshot

I picked up two of these fun tools at a local scrapbook store.... they were $19.99 less a 10% military discount.. I bought one for myself and one for my mom. I have used it already to make a special sized envelope for my son to mail some of his golf score cards to his daddy in Afghanistan. I am so glad that I bought it.

blessings ~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
buggainok and Juble like this post.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #684
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornewife View Post
I picked up two of these fun tools at a local scrapbook store.... they were $19.99 less a 10% military discount.. I bought one for myself and one for my mom. I have used it already to make a special sized envelope for my son to mail some of his golf score cards to his daddy in Afghanistan. I am so glad that I bought it.

blessings ~ Pam
So happy you found them. And what a neat thing for your son to mail his golf score cards to his dad. My hubby is a lifelong golfer, and I find his scorecards hanging around lots of places in our house. They are important memories to him. He says when he looks at an old scorecard, he can literally "replay" the match in his head.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #685
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I agree. This gadget is really convenient for making envelopes because it is an all-in-one tool. After you get your paper cut into the right size squares, it is amazingly fast to make envelopes. The punch that cuts out the indentations, and the corner rounder work really well and save time and hassle over using a corner rounder and using scissors to cut the notches out.

For the regulation size A 2 envelopes to fit the cards that a lot of us make, it only requires changing the scoring measurement from 3-3/4" to 3-1/2". That is a personal preference on my part, to make the envelope a little smaller. And like muscrat says, many folks don't mind the envelope being a little roomy to allow for embellishments.

In my opinion, the overall convenience and ease of use easily makes up for any "tweeking" of the measurements.
Mine finally arrived! I agree, it's a LOT of fun to churn out envelopes.

I tried the tweak that Bugga recommends, and tweaked it even a tiny bit further for an A2 envelope. I use the listed size square of paper (8 1/8 inch) and line it up halfway between the 3 1/2 and 3 5/8 marks. And of course, I only have to do this lining-up once, since I use the turquoise guide thereafter for the other 3 sides. I really like the result this gives me. I held it up to a purchased A2 envelope and the difference is extremely small, in my opinion.

Excess paper stash, look out!
buggainok, muscrat and Juble like this post.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #686
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol W View Post
Mine finally arrived! I agree, it's a LOT of fun to churn out envelopes.

I tried the tweak that Bugga recommends, and tweaked it even a tiny bit further for an A2 envelope. I use the listed size square of paper (8 1/8 inch) and line it up halfway between the 3 1/2 and 3 5/8 marks. And of course, I only have to do this lining-up once, since I use the turquoise guide thereafter for the other 3 sides. I really like the result this gives me. I held it up to a purchased A2 envelope and the difference is extremely small, in my opinion.

Excess paper stash, look out!
Glad you are enjoying your punch, Carol. Something else I've found as I've used the punch more - if I get in a "hurry", or have one eye on the TV and don't pay close attention, the way I fold the score lines can make a slight difference in the finished size of the envelopes. Also a variable is the thickness of the paper, as to how accurately you can fold where the score lines are.

I'm not terribly picky, and don't scrutinize my finished envies. If my card will fit into the envelope, I'm happy, even with slight variations in size.

ceramicat1, muscrat and DianeinSparks like this post.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #687
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi!
I finally got this envelope punch, I will catch up on all 18 pages of posts and plan on having a lot of fun making my own envelopes. Thanks for all the tips and tricks.
muscrat and Juble like this post.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #688
Watercolor Wizard

Default Envelope punch back in stock at Scrapbook.com

If anyone is still looking for it, I got an email that the envelope punch is back in stock at Scrapbook.com:

We R Memory Keepers - Envelope Punch Board

Old 07-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #689
Rubber Obsessor

And I don't know if it's just not popular among Portland paper crafting folks or what, but the Gresham, Oregon Craft Warehouse has a whole wall of them on sale for $14 a piece this weekend. Don't know about the other Craft Warehouses in the NW. Crazy.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #690
Rubber Obsessor

So, HERE'S the thing.

I bought this back in mid-May from HSN and I've loved it so far, but have used it literally only 5 times. Even though I've only had it two months anyway, it has just sat on my craft table except for those 5 times.

Yesterday, I went to use it for the 6th time and the teal punch housing just came off the board. The entire punch mechanism ended up falling off too, without the housing there to hold it on.

I kind of stared at it, stunned, since it came off like it was broken but upon further inspection, there was no cracked or broken plastic or anything--it just came apart.

I reassembled it easily, but the housing will NOT stay down, rendering the thing useless. I have tried and tried to push it on and it will stick for a second, then pop off. It almost seems like something was glued on and the glue dried out because I don't see anything broken or cracked. Plus, it's just been sitting!!!

I just ended up giving my mom her birthday card in no envelope yesterday. I'm so disappointed this product just fell apart after so few uses and such little time! Anyone have any issue with this?? Any suggestions??
Old 07-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #691
Proud Fan Club Member

I've not had any issues with mine. Its not that old. I'm sure they'd replace it for you. Maybe just a faulty one.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #692
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
So, HERE'S the thing.

I bought this back in mid-May from HSN and I've loved it so far, but have used it literally only 5 times. Even though I've only had it two months anyway, it has just sat on my craft table except for those 5 times.

Yesterday, I went to use it for the 6th time and the teal punch housing just came off the board. The entire punch mechanism ended up falling off too, without the housing there to hold it on.

I kind of stared at it, stunned, since it came off like it was broken but upon further inspection, there was no cracked or broken plastic or anything--it just came apart.

I reassembled it easily, but the housing will NOT stay down, rendering the thing useless. I have tried and tried to push it on and it will stick for a second, then pop off. It almost seems like something was glued on and the glue dried out because I don't see anything broken or cracked. Plus, it's just been sitting!!!

I just ended up giving my mom her birthday card in no envelope yesterday. I'm so disappointed this product just fell apart after so few uses and such little time! Anyone have any issue with this?? Any suggestions??
In my experience, HSN has pretty good customer service. I would give them a call and let them know you received a defective product. If they have any left, I am sure they will send you another one. If they're out of stock, they can at least issue a refund.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #693
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom View Post
Here are my flip flop envelopes. She wanted white labels on the front so she can add the addresses. I am thinking of charging $12 for 12 envelopes + plus shipping since she lives in FL. It took me about 26 minutes to make them .

What do you think? Is that enough to charge? Too much?
Duh...what was I expecting? ..some new technique? Not flip-flop paper that's for sure! LOL They are just adorable and I don't think you are over pricing at all. These are custom-made envelopes using good quality paper...well worth the price. IMHO!
buggainok likes this post.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #694
Kookie Creator

Send a message via AIM to stampingcaz Send a message via MSN to stampingcaz

Hi Ladies
Bit behind the times here in the UK and only just got our boards here. Can someone please tell me if there is a way to make an envelope that is sized to fit our standard uk envelopes of 4 x 5 3/4 ?? I have been sitting here with my hubby and we are trying to work it out!!

Thanks
Caz
Old 07-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #695
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingcaz View Post
Hi Ladies
Bit behind the times here in the UK and only just got our boards here. Can someone please tell me if there is a way to make an envelope that is sized to fit our standard uk envelopes of 4 x 5 3/4 ?? I have been sitting here with my hubby and we are trying to work it out!!

Thanks
Caz
I've had my board for a while and have found that the measurements given tend to be on the side of making the designated envelope a little "roomy".

I just now got my board out and made an envelope using the measurement on the chart for a card that is 4 x 5-1/2". It calls for 7-7/8" x 7-7/8" paper.

The envelope actually turned out to be a tad bigger than 4", and just a little more than 5-3/4" in the width.

So that might be the envie measurement you could use for your 4 x 5-3/4 cards. Give it a try and see what you think.

If you want the envelope a little larger for embellished cards, you might try the measurements for the 4 x 6 card.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #696
Kookie Creator

Heart

Quote:
I've had my board for a while and have found that the measurements given tend to be on the side of making the designated envelope a little "roomy".

I just now got my board out and made an envelope using the measurement on the chart for a card that is 4 x 5-1/2". It calls for 7-7/8" x 7-7/8" paper.

The envelope actually turned out to be a tad bigger than 4", and just a little more than 5-3/4" in the width.

So that might be the envie measurement you could use for your 4 x 5-3/4 cards. Give it a try and see what you think.

If you want the envelope a little larger for embellished cards, you might try the measurements for the 4 x 6 card.
Thank you Thank you!! Its spot on perfect, so for any totally flat cards this is ideal... I never would have tried that one.

Caz x
Old 07-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #697
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingcaz View Post
Thank you Thank you!! Its spot on perfect, so for any totally flat cards this is ideal... I never would have tried that one.

Caz x
Glad it worked for you. It really is a nifty little tool and I love using mine. But like I said, some of the measurements seem to make a larger envelope than I would pick for the size card they list on the chart.

What I told you is an example - if someone had a card that was actually 5-1/2", they might not want the extra room. I've decided that it's best not to be too picky about these things. I really doubt that the folks who receive my cards in the mail are taking time to measure and critique the envelope that it came in. Hopefully, they are happy I thought of them and sent the card!

Old 07-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #698
Kookie Creator

I am with you, I am not too bothered, however I am demoing this this weekend at our shop in the UK and I know some of the ladies would have been really put off by the size being that much bigger... I never would have tried the one you told me so thank you so much for that. Its a fantastic tool, as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have one. Thanks for your help once again
Old 07-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #699
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
In my experience, HSN has pretty good customer service. I would give them a call and let them know you received a defective product. If they have any left, I am sure they will send you another one. If they're out of stock, they can at least issue a refund.

They're definitely out of stock.

It's beyond the defective time period, so I contacted WRMK via their FB page first to see if they have any advice for me. If I don't hear back by the end of this week, I guess I'll call HSN and see what they say??
Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #700
Compulsive Stamper

I couldn't wait for this to become available to us here in NZ and when I received it I promptly had to have a play. The first envelope I tried had the measurements incorrect so I randomly chose another one to try and that was also incorrect! Has anyone else had problems with their envelope maker?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #701
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi jane View Post
I couldn't wait for this to become available to us here in NZ and when I received it I promptly had to have a play. The first envelope I tried had the measurements incorrect so I randomly chose another one to try and that was also incorrect! Has anyone else had problems with their envelope maker?
Yes, some of the earlier boards had incorrect measurements. This has now been corrected. You may have gotten one of the first ones. Here is a link to a chart with the corrected measurements:

http://www.weronthenet.com/File/View...5-2d8b6d658ea9

You can also email them and they will mail a sticker to you with the correct measurements to put on your board:

"Update:
We have an updated Envelope Punch Board Sticker to adhere over the current measurement sizes.
***Take a look at the 3x3" Envelope Size on the Punch Board. The original measurements for that size will be 5 3/8” x 5 3/8” with a 2 ¾” score line. If that’s the size listed for the 3x3” Envelope Size, then please email us for a replacement sticker. ***
Please email us at customerservice@weronthenet.com
Include ‘Envelope Punch Board Sticker’ in the subject line and your mailing address in the body of the email."

Old 07-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #702
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi jane View Post
I got mine from Warehouse Stationery and it appears to be the later version with the correct measurements. It also has a sticker giving metric sizes. Is yours the same? The 3x3 envelope is not exactly square (sides differ by 2mm) but takes a 3" square card OK.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #703
Insane Embellisher

I KNEW if I waited LONG ENOUGH, someone else would come up with a BETTER Envelope Punch Board! Check here is you want to know more: Dawns stamping thoughts Stampin'Up! Demonstrator Stamping Videos Stamp Workshop Classes Scissor Charms Paper Crafts

CAN'T WAIT for the RELEASE!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #704
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLady View Post
I KNEW if I waited LONG ENOUGH, someone else would come up with a BETTER Envelope Punch Board! Check here is you want to know more: Dawns stamping thoughts Stampin'Up! Demonstrator Stamping Videos Stamp Workshop Classes Scissor Charms Paper Crafts

CAN'T WAIT for the RELEASE!!!!!!!!!
Dawn doesn't really say it's better, just that it's awesome. It looks like it makes as many as the envelope punch board. I'm wondering if it is SU! exclusive or if it's like some of their other products. They are Sizzix with an SU label. I ordered the 1/16" circle punch once from an SU dealer and when it arrived it had the fiskars name on it! I could have bought it in the store, but I bought it for another demo friend who likes to use SU exclusively for classes. So I would be very curious to see if this will be something different or if they are just selling the same product....
Old 07-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #705
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Dawn doesn't really say it's better, just that it's awesome. It looks like it makes as many as the envelope punch board. I'm wondering if it is SU! exclusive or if it's like some of their other products. They are Sizzix with an SU label. I ordered the 1/16" circle punch once from an SU dealer and when it arrived it had the fiskars name on it! I could have bought it in the store, but I bought it for another demo friend who likes to use SU exclusively for classes. So I would be very curious to see if this will be something different or if they are just selling the same product....
Kathy, I'll bet you are right. Here is a blog post from another SU demo that more or less says it is identical:

"Stampin' Up! will soon have a NEW Envelope Punch Board for making quick & super-easy envelopes in 66 different sizes! Woohoo!

Although I can't share photos of this product yet, I can let you know that this new tool may or may not be (wink) nearly identical to the Envelope Punch Board that you may have already seen somewhere out there on the internet. Google it."

Too Cool Stamping

muscrat and Grumpygirl73 like this post.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #706
Forum Fanatic

I saw a picture of the SU one on someone's blog and it's a little blurry but to me it looks exactly the same as the WRMK one.

eta: saw a close up and it looks exactly the same.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥

Last edited by gale; 07-23-2013 at 05:53 PM..
buggainok, muscrat and Grumpygirl73 like this post.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #707
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Kathy, I'll bet you are right. Here is a blog post from another SU demo that more or less says it is identical:

"Stampin' Up! will soon have a NEW Envelope Punch Board for making quick & super-easy envelopes in 66 different sizes! Woohoo!

Although I can't share photos of this product yet, I can let you know that this new tool may or may not be (wink) nearly identical to the Envelope Punch Board that you may have already seen somewhere out there on the internet. Google it."

Too Cool Stamping
Thanks for that extra info, bugga....I thought that might just be the case. I'm still loving mine!
buggainok and Grumpygirl73 like this post.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #708
Pearl-ExPert

I purchased my board on May 22 and have made around 30-40 envelopes with it. I've found the punching mechanism seems to want to stick and not punch smoothly from time to time. Last night, I noticed it wasn't sitting correctly in the slot for it. It all came apart in my hand and I can see on the inside that there was a groove in the plastic that wasn't hollowed out properly so it won't sit flat. It appears to be a flaw from the assembly line that was overlooked. I looked on the WRMK website for warranty information as I don't have my original packaging and couldn't find any. I've written the company and am awaiting a response. It shouldn't have broken after such little use. Hopefully just one bad one out of thousands of good ones
Old 09-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #709
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharnish View Post
I purchased my board on May 22 and have made around 30-40 envelopes with it. I've found the punching mechanism seems to want to stick and not punch smoothly from time to time. Last night, I noticed it wasn't sitting correctly in the slot for it. It all came apart in my hand and I can see on the inside that there was a groove in the plastic that wasn't hollowed out properly so it won't sit flat. It appears to be a flaw from the assembly line that was overlooked. I looked on the WRMK website for warranty information as I don't have my original packaging and couldn't find any. I've written the company and am awaiting a response. It shouldn't have broken after such little use. Hopefully just one bad one out of thousands of good ones
I had a few issues with the punch at first but then noticed it wasn't sitting correctly in the slot. I pushed it into the slot and haven't had a problem since!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #710
Rubber Obsessor

FYI all, I contacted WRMK via FB about my broken punch board, they directed me to email customer service. There was a solid month of me emailing them and receiving no response. I started contacting via FB again and was given a cust service manager email. Within a week, I had a brand-new punch board in my hands. Yes, it took them a long time to get anything done, but as soon as they heard about the issue, they quickly offered to send me a new board once I sent pics and boom--the new punch board arrived in days. I work for a company that has a really strong focus on customer service, so I only purchase from companies that do the same. Glad to report WRMK stepped up and made the situation right! Hope this new board stays together!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #711
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharnish View Post
Gosh, so sorry you seem to have gotten a "lemon." I hope they make it good and send you a new board. It really is a handy little gadget and I use mine a lot.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #712
Proud Fan Club Member

Thumbs up

Yes Stampin up! is selling a Envelope Punch board. It looks just like the WRMK's board.

The only different's is the color of the button and writing. And it says Stampin' UP! on the board.

You can not contact your Demo and get one NOW
Old 09-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #713
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanstamping2 View Post
Yes Stampin up! is selling a Envelope Punch board. It looks just like the WRMK's board.

The only different's is the color of the button and writing. And it says Stampin' UP! on the board.

You can not contact your Demo and get one NOW

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 09-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #714
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I think she meant to say You CAN contact your demo now and get one!
Ambelleina likes this post.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #715
Rubber Obsessor

Michaels will be carrying this tool. The one for the classroom has already been received. Just don't know when the shipment will be in for customers to purchase. Also demo is scheduled for Saturday, September 28.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #716
Pearl-ExPert

I'm hopeful they'll stand behind their product. The funny thing is, SU's board is made by WRMK and it is actually a few dollars cheaper (not counting shipping) than what I paid for mine locally. I think I paid $23 for it and SU's is under $20, in the $18 range, if I recall correctly.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #717
Inking Addict

Picked up the board at Michaels today. It has the corrected 3x3 measurements but thought the A2 measurements would be corrected too. They aren't.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #718
Insane Embellisher

THAT is REALLY SAD!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #719
Inking Addict

I should clarify since I've done a little bit more research. The WRMK's & SU! board both have the same A2 measurements. What the SU board has that the WRMK's one doesn't is the 4.25 x 5.5 card. I'm not sure if WRMK's plans on including this card in the future. All I did is make a sticker w/ my Ptouch and placed it on the board.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #720
Insane Embellisher

It's SAD that people have to make THEIR OWN CORRECTIONS to a product that SHOULD HAVE the CORRECT MEASUREMENTS ON IT! BASICALLY, you've paid for a product to have the correct measurements & they DIDN'T put the correct measurements on it! SO SAD that a company is happy with a product that isn't it's best! AND this far into the "game" it STILL HASN'T been corrected! SUPER PRODUCT IDEA, BUT.........!
Grumpygirl73 likes this post.