Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree297Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #641
Crimping Master

I was wildly using mine this past weekend, getting an envy for each of those weird sized cards I have made over the years. Been wondering if all those numbers on the board's chart will wear off over time.....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #642
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamper View Post
I was wildly using mine this past weekend, getting an envy for each of those weird sized cards I have made over the years. Been wondering if all those numbers on the board's chart will wear off over time.....
I have a large printout of the chart on the board that I printed and have it hanging at my craft table. So I don't really touch the numbers of the board. I think we are safe. Besides, if they start showing up in local stores, you can always get a back up! LOL I did that with my Big Shot. I found a Sizzix Vintaj for $24.97 on clearance at Michaels! It's in the box for now, but if my Big Shot goes cafooooeey I have a back up!
Winners Post
Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #643
Watercolor Wizard

Me, three! I'm still loving mine and so happy I have it.

I'm one of those people that never lets a holiday get by without sending cards.

My parents are both gone now, so on Mother's and Father's Day, I always send cards to all my friends and family who are mothers and fathers.

I made about 16 Father's Day cards. (Link below if you'd like to take a look. I think they are funny and cute.) Look at the front and the verse inside, too.

Anyhow, I used my handy-dandy envelope punch to make the envies for the cards. I went through several of my stack packs of patterned paper, and picked out the "kind of drab, not too girlie papers" to make my envelopes.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2379734?&cat=500&ppuser=95067

Father's Day 2013 by buggainok - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 06-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #644
Crimping Master

Since most of my cards are 5 x 7 I need larger text weight paper for envelopes. If pattern paper isn't right for the project, I would like to have solid color sheets available. I did buy a pack of 10 x 10 sheets from Marco's Paper, but I wondered if there are any 12 x 12 stacks out there with just solid color text weight paper..... Does anyone make/sell that?
Old 06-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #645
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamper View Post
Since most of my cards are 5 x 7 I need larger text weight paper for envelopes. If pattern paper isn't right for the project, I would like to have solid color sheets available. I did buy a pack of 10 x 10 sheets from Marco's Paper, but I wondered if there are any 12 x 12 stacks out there with just solid color text weight paper..... Does anyone make/sell that?
I don't know about online, but I am going to Michaels tomorrow and will see what they have.
Winners Post
Old 06-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #646
Stazon Splitcoast

Since I received my envelope punch the other day no ugly piece of DP is safe! LOL I absolutely love it...but now I seem to have more and more scraps of ugly paper! (sigh*)
buggainok, dillyb5, LizSwickley and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #647
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Noofy View Post
Since I received my envelope punch the other day no ugly piece of DP is safe! LOL I absolutely love it...but now I seem to have more and more scraps of ugly paper! (sigh*)
I hear you. I've been making a lot of A2 size from 12 x 12 paper, which uses an 8" square, so I have those 4" strips left over. I finally cut them into squares and keep a stack of them by my computer to jot things down.

I also have a stack in the kitchen. They are great for making my grocery lists. I can find the little patterned square in my purse when I get to the store.

They also make ugly, but useful disposable bookmarks, lol.

dillyb5 and Carol W like this post.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #648
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
I hear you

I'm getting ready for a garage sale and I just cleaned out my paper. I have a huge stack of the ugly paper I set aside for envelopes. It feels good to know I'll use instead of selling it for pennies.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #649
Proud Fan Club Member

take your scraps (pretty or ugly) and make a very simple card to go with the envelope. If you do not want to use donate to a group or nursing home or the troops.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #650
Compulsive Stamper

My heart started racing when I saw my shipment notice for my envelope punch!! However will I be able to stand the wait now that it is really really really being sent!! Can you feel my joy!! It is almost obliterating the pain I am in from my sciatic nerve!!!!
buggainok, muscrat and Juble like this post.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #651
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie93 View Post
My heart started racing when I saw my shipment notice for my envelope punch!! However will I be able to stand the wait now that it is really really really being sent!! Can you feel my joy!! It is almost obliterating the pain I am in from my sciatic nerve!!!!
So sorry you are in pain, but glad you have your wonderful gadget to look forward to!

I only had sciatic nerve pain when I was pregnant, and it went away afterwards, thank goodness. It is no fun. I still remember it. Hope you get some relief soon.

irie93 likes this post.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #652
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks Buggainok. I do have relief. Dr gave me a shot and two pain medications. Yippee!
muscrat likes this post.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #653
Glitter Queen

I got mine and was thrilled - until I went to try it out and found I had one with INCORRECT MEASUREMENTS on it. Wondered why in the world the envelopes didn't come out correct. I'm still waiting for the correct decal to put over the markings on the board so I can use it. TOTALLY FRUSTRATING!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #654
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmimione View Post
I got mine and was thrilled - until I went to try it out and found I had one with INCORRECT MEASUREMENTS on it. Wondered why in the world the envelopes didn't come out correct. I'm still waiting for the correct decal to put over the markings on the board so I can use it. TOTALLY FRUSTRATING!
While you are waiting, here is a link if you would like to print off the corrected chart. Also, if you want to make a standard A2 size envie, cut your paper 8-1/8" square, and score at 3-1/2.

The corrected chart STILL shows the A2 size as 4-1/2" x 5-1/2", which is not the correct size for A2. None of us can figure that one out! Everywhere you look, the A2 size is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".

http://www.weronthenet.com/File/View...5-2d8b6d658ea9

Last edited by buggainok; 06-18-2013 at 10:26 AM..
Old 06-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #655
Proud Fan Club Member

I made the cutest envelope today! I have a story to tell. My granddaugters (ages 3 and 5) were here one day to visit. Also here was my niece (age 21). My niece told the girls she was going to be away all summer working at a camp and asked the girls "will you send me a letter while I'm gone?" The youngest one was so excited. "yes, but what letter do I send?" She asked as she ran out into the kitchen. She grabbed a small container I had on a shelf near the fridge and ran back into the room. In the container?? A bunch of "letters" she uses on my refrigerator!! We laughed so hard because she thought that was the kind of letter my niece wanted her to send while she was away! So darned cute! So, the story continues, today we got some scrabble letters out that I use on cards and the girls each scribbled some things on paper, put a few butterflies and flowers and stars on them and each taped the letter of their first name to their paper! Now I can't wait to hear from niece to see if she got their "letters" !!
Winners Post
Old 06-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #656
Watercolor Wizard

Just wondering, RiverIsis,

Since you are the one who started this huge thread with now nearly 700 replies - do you have an envelope punch yet? If not, are you going to get one?

Old 06-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #657
Matboard Maniac

So, I have not read all the entries... but I picked one up at my LSS last week. They had a bunch some in for orders, and two folks had picked theirs up elsewhere, so i was able to grab one without waiting. Lucky me.
Once I found that A2 cards take 8 x8 inch paper, I was able to get rid of an entire package of 8x8 paper I have not been very wild about. So delighted to find a new use for that paper.
And today I made a 6 x6 card for a challenge, and VOILA, I was able to whip out an envelope in a matter of moments.
Love this thing! Best invention ever!

My avatar is my beloved corgi, Cora
buggainok and muscrat like this post.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #658
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I purchased one on the weekend. WOW.....how good is this tool!!! I have made heaps of envelopes using all the papers from paper pads that get left behind. It is especially good for using up papers that only have pattern on one side - white on the outside, and not so great pattern on the inside. So easy to use. Best money I have spent in a long time ($30 US here in Australia - but still worth it). Highly recommend!!!

Don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
buggainok, muscrat and Juble like this post.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #659
Rubber Obsessor

If anyone is in the Portland, OR area and wants one, Craft Warehouse in Gresham has a huge display full of them. I got mine last night during a 20% off everything in the store sale. Craft Warehouse is a family-owned regional chain of stores that sell really nice paper craft things (and fabric, yarn, beads, etc.). I am going to miss them so much when I move to Canada. Anyway there are also stores in Salem & Medford, OR, Vancouver, Yakima, Kennewick, & Wenatchee, WA, and Meridian, ID. It might be worth calling them to see what they have in stock if you are close enough to make the trip. It probably won't be the only thing you buy, at least I can never get out of there with just one thing.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #660
Matboard Maniac

I just bought mine this week, but just wondering if anyone has the measurements for the European size C6 envelope? It's all well and good having it, but you US ladies have weird sized cards and envies. Lol.
stampingcaz likes this post.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #661
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch1 View Post
I just bought mine this week, but just wondering if anyone has the measurements for the European size C6 envelope? It's all well and good having it, but you US ladies have weird sized cards and envies. Lol.
My board came with a metric sizing chart sticker, and I know it's from the updated production run. What is the metric sizing of a C6 envelope? I can check for you - I've got it in front of me right now.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #662
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpygirl73 View Post
My board came with a metric sizing chart sticker, and I know it's from the updated production run. What is the metric sizing of a C6 envelope? I can check for you - I've got it in front of me right now.
I found this on an internet chart:

C6 114 x 162 centimeters, or

4 1/2 x 6 3/8 inches

For A5 sheet folded in half, A4 sheet folded in quarters; Very common size

International Envelope Sizes

Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #663
Die Cut Diva

Don't know if anyone else has encountered this, but I thought I'd share. (A2 size)

After using my new envelope punch board, I went to the P.O. to mail a few things, including the card sportin' my envie.

I didn't know whether to laugh or be annoyed when they tried to charge me extra for that envelope (contents were flat). When I asked why the upcharge, the employee told me that "square envelopes cost extra." (that I knew already). I pointed out that it really isn't square, just close; she measured to her satisfaction, harumphed, and charged me regular, first-class postage.

So, guess the moral of the story is that, if you're making A2 size envies, be sure the P.O. knows they are NOT exactly square, and to charge accordingly.
buggainok, DianeinSparks and Grumpygirl73 like this post.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #664
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by binx View Post
Don't know if anyone else has encountered this, but I thought I'd share. (A2 size)

After using my new envelope punch board, I went to the P.O. to mail a few things, including the card sportin' my envie.

I didn't know whether to laugh or be annoyed when they tried to charge me extra for that envelope (contents were flat). When I asked why the upcharge, the employee told me that "square envelopes cost extra." (that I knew already). I pointed out that it really isn't square, just close; she measured to her satisfaction, harumphed, and charged me regular, first-class postage.

So, guess the moral of the story is that, if you're making A2 size envies, be sure the P.O. knows they are NOT exactly square, and to charge accordingly.
Thanks for the warning/moral. I laughed reading your post. Sometimes folks take their job responsibilities waaay too seriously, I think. I guess it makes them feel powerful.

We've probably all had the checker at the grocery store that holds up the line with people waiting, scrutinizes the fine print on a 25 cent coupon, gives you a look like you are a criminal, and points out that it expired yesterday.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #665
Rubber Obsessor

Hm. I'm assuming that measurement is actually millimeters. 114 centimeters is almost 45 inches - that would be one incredibly large envelope! The metric chart that came with the board lists an "A-6" envelope with the best size fit and the size is off by a similar amount to what the A2 was off by. (More math errors?) Anyway, this "A-6" is defined as 11.4 x 16.5 cm and the chart instructs us to use a 22.5 x 22.5 cm sheet of paper and a score line of 9.5 cm.

It seems to me that if a C-6 envelope is actually 11.4 x 16.2 cm, it may be possible to adjust the paper measurement and score line as buggainok did for the A2 envelope. On the other hand, I realize how much more expensive this device is in NZ and Australia, and I can't fault anyone there that might refuse to pay all that extra money for something that needs you to calculate alternate measurements because the ones on the board are incorrect. For me personally it was acceptable, as I paid USD $15.99 for it. If I had to pay the Oz/NZ mark-up, well, I would have to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I found this on an internet chart:

C6 114 x 162 centimeters, or

4 1/2 x 6 3/8 inches

For A5 sheet folded in half, A4 sheet folded in quarters; Very common size

International Envelope Sizes
Old 06-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #666
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpygirl73 View Post
Hm. I'm assuming that measurement is actually millimeters. 114 centimeters is almost 45 inches - that would be one incredibly large envelope! The metric chart that came with the board lists an "A-6" envelope with the best size fit and the size is off by a similar amount to what the A2 was off by. (More math errors?) Anyway, this "A-6" is defined as 11.4 x 16.5 cm and the chart instructs us to use a 22.5 x 22.5 cm sheet of paper and a score line of 9.5 cm.

It seems to me that if a C-6 envelope is actually 11.4 x 16.2 cm, it may be possible to adjust the paper measurement and score line as buggainok did for the A2 envelope. On the other hand, I realize how much more expensive this device is in NZ and Australia, and I can't fault anyone there that might refuse to pay all that extra money for something that needs you to calculate alternate measurements because the ones on the board are incorrect. For me personally it was acceptable, as I paid USD $15.99 for it. If I had to pay the Oz/NZ mark-up, well, I would have to think about it.
Oops - my bad. Of course it would have to be millimeters! Can you tell I don't speak metric, lol?

A 45 inch envelope would be pretty nifty though. Ha! Kind of like those giant cards they sell at the convenience stores for holidays sometimes.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #667
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Thanks for the warning/moral. I laughed reading your post. Sometimes folks take their job responsibilities waaay too seriously, I think. I guess it makes them feel powerful.

We've probably all had the checker at the grocery store that holds up the line with people waiting, scrutinizes the fine print on a 25 cent coupon, gives you a look like you are a criminal, and points out that it expired yesterday.
expired yesterday - funny. ya just never know - like my mom always said, "Pay attention and count your change."
Old 06-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #668
Crimping Master

A non-stamper friend of mine ordered a dozen of homemade flip flop envelopes. I have no idea what to charge??? What do you think a reasonable price would be for me to ask?
Old 06-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #669
Proud Fan Club Member

You're going to have to factor in the cost of your paper, and glue or tape and then your time....what are flip flop envelopes? LOL
Winners Post
Old 06-28-2013, 05:33 AM   #670
Mad Swapper

I haven't had the time to read through the entire thread but I'm heading to Michael's today and wondering if this product is sold there or just online? If I can find it, would it be in the scrapbook section?

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!! :D
Old 06-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #671
Proud Fan Club Member

I don't think you will find them in the stores for a while yet. It seems unfair that they put most out for sale online and some of us don't shop online, but I got lucky and had a friend order one for me. I just looked at Michaels on Wednesday and they didn't have them, but I will keep checking whenever I get up that way.
Winners Post
Old 06-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #672
Insane Embellisher

I had been on a waiting list at Archivers until last weekend. When I went in to pick up my board they had one extra to sell, and were getting shipments in every couple of weeks. If you have an Archivers near by, you might check with them.

I am curious as to what a flip flop envelope is also. It sounds fun.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #673
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I don't think you will find them in the stores for a while yet. It seems unfair that they put most out for sale online and some of us don't shop online, but I got lucky and had a friend order one for me. I just looked at Michaels on Wednesday and they didn't have them, but I will keep checking whenever I get up that way.
bought one yesterday at my local scrapbook store...
Old 06-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #674
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana stamps View Post
bought one yesterday at my local scrapbook store...
Cool! I didn't think they would get into the stores until fall. Glad you were able to get one!!
Winners Post
Old 06-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #675
Swapper of the Month November 2012

My Archivers had around 10 today...I was able to get one with a 30% off coupon. It has a flaw though on one of the numbers---a splotch of white paint obscures the number. I plan to take it back & exchange it.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #676
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oops - my bad. Of course it would have to be millimeters! Can you tell I don't speak metric, lol?

A 45 inch envelope would be pretty nifty though. Ha! Kind of like those giant cards they sell at the convenience stores for holidays sometimes.
Ha ha..or like those large cheques they use to promote charities etc! When I worked at the bank we had to deposit one of those giant things! At that time it was all quite legal and there was no restriction on size! LOL It was a nightmare!!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #677
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom View Post
A non-stamper friend of mine ordered a dozen of homemade flip flop envelopes. I have no idea what to charge??? What do you think a reasonable price would be for me to ask?
Flip-flop envelopes? New to me...are they called something else or did I miss something that sounds really neat?
Old 06-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #678
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I wonder if that's why my local Craft Warehouse (PNW regional craft store chain) isn't seeing them fly off the shelves - maybe a lot of people in the area that would be interested is under the assumption that stores aren't carrying them until the fall. Considering all the stories I heard here and elsewhere about people still not being able to get one, I was pretty surprised when I saw (a lot of) them last week where I shop. Come to think of it, they often have a lot of the "hot sellers" of many different craft types in stock when online merchants are sold out. I think people around here see it as a generic, "big box" craft store because it looks like one and is large. (We have a lot of people around here against "big box stores".) If you shop there, however, you find that their stuff is much nicer than that. It's clear to me that whoever makes the buying decisions for each department actually pursues the craft in question. It makes a huge difference.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #679
Crimping Master

Quote:
Flip-flop envelopes? New to me...are they called something else or did I miss something that sounds really neat?

Here are my flip flop envelopes. She wanted white labels on the front so she can add the addresses. I am thinking of charging $12 for 12 envelopes + plus shipping since she lives in FL. It took me about 26 minutes to make them .

What do you think? Is that enough to charge? Too much?
Attached Thumbnails
flipflops.jpg  
buggainok, dillyb5 and muscrat like this post.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #680
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom View Post
Here are my flip flop envelopes. She wanted white labels on the front so she can add the addresses. I am thinking of charging $12 for 12 envelopes + plus shipping since she lives in FL. It took me about 26 minutes to make them .

What do you think? Is that enough to charge? Too much?
They are so adorable!
Winners Post