Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree292Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #441
Rubber Obsessor

Default LOVE it!!

I saw it in the email Archivers put out last week and after seeing the video, realized I HAD to have it so called them when they opened that day and had them hold one so I could pick it up over lunch. SOOOOOOO in love with it!! It had the corrected measurements on it so they have the new ones. Have to TOTALLY agree with an earlier post. I'm actually making the cards to match my envelopes instead of the other way around!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #442
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubink View Post
I saw it in the email Archivers put out last week and after seeing the video, realized I HAD to have it so called them when they opened that day and had them hold one so I could pick it up over lunch. SOOOOOOO in love with it!! It had the corrected measurements on it so they have the new ones. Have to TOTALLY agree with an earlier post. I'm actually making the cards to match my envelopes instead of the other way around!!

Awesome! So glad that you have it & love it!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #443
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie leone View Post
Awesome! So glad that you have it & love it!
Yay!!! Perhaps the wait will be worth it!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #444
Mad Swapper

Just got an email from Oh My Craft. They show a limited supply of the Envelope Punch Board available. Maybe, if you really want it NOW you can snag one of these and sell your pre-order one when it comes next month.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #445
Matboard Maniac

Hi there

We are just getting these to our shores, and I am wondering if they have metric envelope sizes like C6 and the like? Our card is different sized to that in the USA so need to be able to make the right sized envies before I order.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #446
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg View Post
An email to OMC to make sure they actually have the item and are shipping immediately would not be a bad idea. They have a rep for having very long shipping delays. I've had both good and bad experiences with them, and am currently waiting on items from an order from five months ago.

With an item this popular, I wouldn't lose a sure thing, even if there's a wait, for a mere chance at getting one "soon" from OMC. Hedge your bets!

You could not be more right on that one!!! I try not to order from them due to their shipping times! Thanks for your input. I'm just going to wait on the one that I ordered and paid for!
Old 03-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #447
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch1 View Post
Hi there

We are just getting these to our shores, and I am wondering if they have metric envelope sizes like C6 and the like? Our card is different sized to that in the USA so need to be able to make the right sized envies before I order.

That is a good question and I would email them. I'm assuming though that all the measurements are in inches/U.S.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #448
Rubber Obsessor

I also ordered from stampingscrappin. I emailed them for updates on shipping . I am in the first order Jan 17. Still waiting. But as others have said maybe it is better as we may have missed the ones with errors . The person who returned my email has been so nice . However I will not preorder again from anyone. This charging the card when ordered and then being unable to cancel and get a refund is crazy. Especially when I was originally was told it would be Feb now it is sometime between end of March and May. I realize that they did not cause the delay but I am a customer and I did not cause it either.Soooo we wait. This must have been what it was like as a kid to wait for Christmas and birthdays we forget what that is like . I was a kid soooooo long ago.Just think how much more we will appreciate is because we waited.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #449
Insane Embellisher

Legally, the company is NOT SUPPOSED to charged your card until the item is SHIPPED! Unless, you've signed some kind of aggreement on the site!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #450
Matboard Maniac

We had to click on the "agree to terms" button and it said that we would be charged right away. We also agreed that we would not be able to cancel w/o being charged a penalty. There was a ton of fine print that "we agreed to." NEVER again for me.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #451
Insane Embellisher

That REALLY IS TOO BAD!!!!! For YOU AND for the company! I don't think they even realize how they're HURTING THEMSELVES!!!!!!!! People now-a-days don't demand QUALITY or INTEGRITY anymore & I'm afraid, they won't EVER get it till they stand up & demand it!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #452
Mad Swapper

Mitch1-

There are instructions on the packaging in English, French, Spanish and German. There are metric marking under the measuring guide that is in inches. I got a sticker and chart in the packaging with the metric number guide. I think there is a replacement sticker for people to put on the board over the one that is already there.

The metric marking are just indentations so might be hard to see and read. When I get a tool like this and the measurement marking are practically invisible, I rub chalk over them and wipe off the excess. The chalk fills the grooves.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:00 AM   #453
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnval View Post
We had to click on the "agree to terms" button and it said that we would be charged right away. We also agreed that we would not be able to cancel w/o being charged a penalty. There was a ton of fine print that "we agreed to." NEVER again for me.

I too will never do a pre-order again from anyone! Lesson learned, that when a new product comes out some company will have a shipment before we receive it on a pre order!!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #454
Proud Fan Club Member

I've dropped in to get some happy news about your envelope punches....I'm still waiting, but I want to keep my enthusiasm up so I thought I would check in to see how your envelope making is going! I would sure love to make some. Got just the right paper for the job!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #455
Matboard Maniac

Don't feel too bad Kathy...I'm still waiting on mine too! Each week that goes by the thrill is less and less. I kinda think that is why they snag us in with the pre-orders w/ the charge=your-card-now and no cancel agreement that we have to click on in order to pre-order. Glad that I am not alone.

I kinda wanted the Zutter Bow-it-All b/c it has the feature where if you do a cheater bow and tape it on the back of your panel. your no longer have to adhere your bow to the ribbon your can make your bow attached to the strip you are going to tape. Hope that makes sense. WELL...It is pre-order (Card will be charged now and no cancel policy) I have to abstain b/c I have learned my lesson!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #456
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnval View Post
Don't feel too bad Kathy...I'm still waiting on mine too! Each week that goes by the thrill is less and less. I kinda think that is why they snag us in with the pre-orders w/ the charge=your-card-now and no cancel agreement that we have to click on in order to pre-order. Glad that I am not alone.

I kinda wanted the Zutter Bow-it-All b/c it has the feature where if you do a cheater bow and tape it on the back of your panel. your no longer have to adhere your bow to the ribbon your can make your bow attached to the strip you are going to tape. Hope that makes sense. WELL...It is pre-order (Card will be charged now and no cancel policy) I have to abstain b/c I have learned my lesson!
The thrill is still there for me.... patiently waiting, just thought maybe some who have theres might drop by here for some updates on how they are doing with theirs.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #457
Kookie Creator

Oh No!!! Now I'm tempted to pre-order a Bow-it-all! LOL.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #458
Proud Fan Club Member

I am sooo excited. I just realized that Monday starts April and that gets me closer to my envelope punch board!! Woo Hoo....
Old 03-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #459
Rubber Obsessor

I am in the first order for stamping scrapping. They have placed five orders. The update on shipping says end of March - May depending on which order you are in. It is the end of March ! April starts Monday. It is getting harder every day to wait.I want it now! Boy do I sound like a little kid.I have paper cut and ready to go as per all the suggestions on the correct A2 measurements on this thread. Can hardly wait.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #460
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
The thrill is still there for me.... patiently waiting, just thought maybe some who have theres might drop by here for some updates on how they are doing with theirs.
Hi Kathy! I'm still loving mine and have made a dent in those unwanted dp's. I haven't been back on here as I feel bad for those who pre-ordered so long ago. I really don't understand the hold-up with them!? I didn't e-mail for a corrected measurement chart as it isn't a big deal to me. So I'm hoping everyone gets their envie maker soon and I can't wait to hear their reviews
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #461
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Kathy, sending encouragement for you and all the others waiting (patiently, or impatiently) for the envelope punch boards!

I'm still loving mine so much. I had some darling yellow polka dot paper that I found at Big Lots in a pack for only $1.00 for about 25 sheets. It was a good brand of paper, and a super bargain.

Well, I made 24 darling envelopes with yellow polka dots inside for my Easter cards. Whipped them out in no time flat, and they looked so cute with my cards inside.

The wait will be worth it, I promise!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 03-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #462
Proud Fan Club Member

Those Easter envies sound so adorable! April is on Monday!!! Not as long a wait now, so I'm beginning the countdown! LOL Thanks for coming back to keep my excitement up! You too, Julie!!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #463
Insane Embellisher

I was so excited about this product when I first heard about it. When I told one of my daughters about it, she said don't be silly. You have several different style envelope options on the Cricut.

I thought it would be easy to use Design Studio to adjust the size for each envelope size I wanted and then I would simply be able to cut out the envelope and there would be no need to buy a new tool. Well, I've been working on that little project off and on for a month and I can't figure it out!! If there is an easy method to size envelopes, I just don't know what it is. I asked for help in another thread and it sounds like most everyone is a bit baffled at how to do this. One Youtube video said just sort of guess and it works great. I don't know what I am missing but it is not working great for me. I was so hoping someone would have a formula or a chart made, but iI haven't found one. Now I am back to wishing the boards would show up in stores soon!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #464
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie* View Post
I was so excited about this product when I first heard about it. When I told one of my daughters about it, she said don't be silly. You have several different style envelope options on the Cricut.

I thought it would be easy to use Design Studio to adjust the size for each envelope size I wanted and then I would simply be able to cut out the envelope and there would be no need to buy a new tool. Well, I've been working on that little project off and on for a month and I can't figure it out!! If there is an easy method to size envelopes, I just don't know what it is. I asked for help in another thread and it sounds like most everyone is a bit baffled at how to do this. One Youtube video said just sort of guess and it works great. I don't know what I am missing but it is not working great for me. I was so hoping someone would have a formula or a chart made, but iI haven't found one. Now I am back to wishing the boards would show up in stores soon!
I don't know when they will show up in stores. I hit HL and JA's yesterday as well as the Lss and none had them. Go figure! Hopefully some will arrive soon!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #465
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I thought the same thing about the silhouette. But if you give me the choice of a punch vs messing about with the silhouette, I will pick a punch. I like quick and easy and sometimes, my son is on my craft room computer anyway.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 03-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #466
Insane Embellisher

So would it be easy to figure out envelope sizing on the Silhouette? My Cricut is all set up and ready to go at a moment's notice, so that would not be a problem for me personally. But anything Cricut/Design Studio Provocraft is notoriously difficult and non-user friendly. I have been wondering if another program/cutter would make easy work of this task. I am not opposed to spending the time to figure out the envelope sizing and then save it to a file, but I just never could figure it out.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #467
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
So would it be easy to figure out envelope sizing on the Silhouette? My Cricut is all set up and ready to go at a moment's notice, so that would not be a problem for me personally. But anything Cricut/Design Studio Provocraft is notoriously difficult and non-user friendly. I have been wondering if another program/cutter would make easy work of this task. I am not opposed to spending the time to figure out the envelope sizing and then save it to a file, but I just never could figure it out.
I don't have the Cricut or Silhouette, but it seems to me that even if you could cut the envelopes out easily, you would still have to be pretty fussy about scoring them in the right place to fold them. And would the machine round the corners nicely like the new punch does? I still vote for the Envelope punch.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #468
Compulsive Stamper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I pre-ordered from Flamingo Scraps. She just sent me what I think is a thoughtful email. She said the mfgr will not send them to her until Jan. 21st instead of the expected date of Jan. 16th. I thought that was nice of her. So many times I've pre-ordered and you never hear that the shipment was delayed in the first place. You're just left wondering what the delay is.

Thank goodness, "wants" are different from "needs." I can wait, and I do have a few envelopes hanging around I can use until then.

And, Barbara, I have ordered from StampingScrapping and was happy with the service.
I just ordered from Flamingo Scraps, though I am not familiar with this company. I really want the envelope maker and felt reassured when I saw I could charge it to my American Express card (they have excellent customer service and a reputation for going to bat for the customer) So seeing your post makes me very happy I took a chance on Flamingo Scraps. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #469
Crimping Master

First person who gets word that this slow boat from China has docked and the Envelope Punch is close to being in our antsy hands please alert everybody!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #470
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamper View Post
First person who gets word that this slow boat from China has docked and the Envelope Punch is close to being in our antsy hands please alert everybody!
Mine (with updated measurements) arrived yesterday from OMC.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #471
Watercolor Wizard

Will do. I still have one pending with Flamingo Scraps. After I pre-ordered there, a wonderful friend found me one someplace else. I plan to sell my pre-order when it comes.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #472
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I would think the Silhouette might be somewhat easier than the Cricut because you can reshape with the Silhouette pretty much at will. You would have to know the measurements for each size, and then score it after cutting. It would shape the corners also.

For me, though, since you are usually working with a single large sheet for each envelope, the punch board is probably easier and faster.

I have a SIlhouette I use often and a Cricut I haven't used in quite awhile. I've never used the Cricut craft room.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
Old 03-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #473
Embossing Fanatic

I left a reply before that I ordered and rec'd my envelope punch from Bluemoon Scrapbooking. Scott is great to deal with....he sends orders out right away and shipping over $50 is free. But......the measurements are wrong and the ones on line that are supposed to be corrected are not right either which I do not understand. I just spent some time figuring out my own measurements and it works well and is easy to use. What I don't understand is why would you put out a product without testing and knowing the measurements were right?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #474
Watercolor Wizard

Just Googled "We R Memory Keepers Envy Punch faults" and this page came up! Hello fellow SCS'rs! I am on SCS too. (obviously I am writing here)...I ordered my Envy Punch from OH MY CRAFTS got a discount on it ($2 off) and they are not promising to ship until April (this week or next). But the reason I Googled to begin with was because I overheard that the first batch of envy punches came out incorrectly? Did they fix it and replacing the bad punches or just sending an email with the corrections? I'd return mine and wait until they fix the problem if that is the case--I want that measurement chart right there in my face! Anyone know?

www.quillingfancy.blogspot.com
Old 03-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #475
Watercolor Wizard

7 kids college fund and Absolutely Everything, Topsfield, MA (my LSS) is taking orders for the envy punch too...

Old 03-31-2013, 05:48 PM   #476
Forum Fanatic

The only thing wrong is the chart of measurements. The rest of the punch works fine, and you can get a corrected sticker from WRMK (I posted an address somewhere in this thread). To me it's a non-issue. If they're readily available, and it didn't cost anything, I might exchange it. But otherwise I'm fine with a sticker.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 03-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #477
Watercolor Wizard

I just researched the Envy PUnch...got the updated info from "craft Test Dummies dot com"....so I am good...

They (WRMK's) sends out an updated sticker to slap on the incorrect measurements and a larger paper version (for those who need to see (MOI!)...so I am good!

Old 04-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #478
Rubber Obsessor

Arrow

Soooooo disappointed. Stampingscrapping is where I pre ordered. I ordered on Jan 17. They have changed the date again. As of Sunday it was end of March to May. On Monday it changed again to end of April to May. This is the fourth change. I am so sorry I ever ordered this. I can not get a cash refund or I would cancel. Never will order there again nor any pre order. Sorry just needed to vent a little.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #479
Matboard Maniac

Please know that you are not alone Cynthia. Mine was ordered the day after yours from them so I am still behind you! I too am very disappointed.
Valerie
Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #480
Matboard Maniac

What a Shambles this company is! First it cannot get it's product right, then it cannot produce enough. In the uk I have only heard of one shop having it and they only had about 20. I reckon 2014 for us!