Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree292Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #401
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I guess I don't understand why you haven't tried the A2 measurements Bugga gave. I'm sure your husband can figure it out but why bother when someone else already has?
I did. They just weren't quite snug enough for how I like my envelopes. I'm not sure that it's possible to get an exact A2 - the measurements my husband came up with are perfect in width, but just a smidge too tall, but I guess it'll have to do. Sorry, girls - I'm just fussy I guess! No offense to Bugga - her envelope was much better than what the board made!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #402
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juble View Post
I agree! Bugga's measurements are correct. They make the perfect A2 envelope. It will save your husband some time
Bugga's measurement of 8x8 paper and score at 3-1/2" leave the envelope about 1/8' to small, width-wise. That 1/8" counts for a lot when you're trying to stuff a full card in there!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #403
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckykats View Post
I did. They just weren't quite snug enough for how I like my envelopes. I'm not sure that it's possible to get an exact A2 - the measurements my husband came up with are perfect in width, but just a smidge too tall, but I guess it'll have to do. Sorry, girls - I'm just fussy I guess! No offense to Bugga - her envelope was much better than what the board made!!!
Sorry - that reply should have read that Bugga's measurement is a little TOO snug, width-wise. Height-wise, it's perfect. But, you all know how frustrating it can be to try and stuff a full card into a too-small envelope!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #404
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Maybe she didn't read back. Here is what Bugga said:

For a standard true A2 size card of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", cut your paper to 8" x 8" square, and score at 3-1/2". This will give you the right size envelopes for the A2 cards
I did read back and I tried out Bugga's measurements. That leaves the envelope perfect height-wise, but just a bit too small width-wise. Back to the drawing board. We're just trying to figure out the correct paper size to score line ratio. I'm sure it's out the somewhere!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #405
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckykats View Post
I did read back and I tried out Bugga's measurements. That leaves the envelope perfect height-wise, but just a bit too small width-wise. Back to the drawing board. We're just trying to figure out the correct paper size to score line ratio. I'm sure it's out the somewhere!
No offense taken, Lucky. We all want what we want.

But in the interest of continuing to beat this dead horse...lol

I just took a whole stack of A2 envies I made with my punch, using the measurements I've posted, and carefully compared them to the A2 envelopes I recently purchased at Office Depot.

The majority of the ones made with the punch are spot-on, especially in the width. A couple of the ones I made were a tiny bit, maybe 1/16th", taller than the purchased ones, probably due to how I folded the flap down.

It could be you just like an envelope that's a little bit wider, which I understand. In that case, you wouldn't like the purchased ones either.

It really is a handy little tool, and I know you will come up with just what you like.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #406
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
No offense taken, Lucky. We all want what we want.

But in the interest of continuing to beat this dead horse...lol

I just took a whole stack of A2 envies I made with my punch, using the measurements I've posted, and carefully compared them to the A2 envelopes I recently purchased at Office Depot.

The majority of the ones made with the punch are spot-on, especially in the width. A couple of the ones I made were a tiny bit, maybe 1/16th", taller than the purchased ones, probably due to how I folded the flap down.

It could be you just like an envelope that's a little bit wider, which I understand. In that case, you wouldn't like the purchased ones either.

It really is a handy little tool, and I know you will come up with just what you like.
I've been thinking the same thing - maybe it's all in the FOLD itself. That's the nice thing about this tool - you can play with it and get just what you like. Thanks so much for all your help! These boards are great!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #407
Forum Fanatic

That's odd. The ones I made with Bugga's measurements were easier to get cards into than the A2 envelopes I bought at the store. That's one thing I loved about them.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #408
Pearl-ExPert

New video by CraftTestDummies: Update on the Envelope Punch Board by WRMK - YouTube

Shows the new sticker (& how to get one). Also, tip for left-handed crafters.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #409
Stazon Splitcoast

Just going to watch... Hope she wasn't as slapdash as she was in the first video.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #410
Stazon Splitcoast

Much better video all around. Very helpful AND has information about getting the corrected measurements sticker from WRMK. Thanks for sharing the update!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #411
Matboard Maniac

Finally got a response from WRMK regarding the issue of A2 cards still being incorrect. This is their response:

"Hello. Thank you for contacting us! The sizing is correct on the A2. The tool only works on the ½” increments. The envelope size is the closest the tool makes for an A2 card. Please let us know if you have additional questions. Have a great day!"

So...the 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 stays. We just need to work around it if it bugs us or, leave it the way it is.

Cathy

http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/
Old 03-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #412
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Finally got a response from WRMK regarding the issue of A2 cards still being incorrect. This is their response:

"Hello. Thank you for contacting us! The sizing is correct on the A2. The tool only works on the ½” increments. The envelope size is the closest the tool makes for an A2 card. Please let us know if you have additional questions. Have a great day!"

So...the 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 stays. We just need to work around it if it bugs us or, leave it the way it is.

Cathy
Thanks for sharing the response with us, Cathy. But what they said still makes no sense. About the board only working on 1/2" increments is just not true.

I fiddled with the measurements and found that using an 8 x 8 square, (they say 8-1/ and scoring at 3-1/2" (they say 3-3/4) makes an envelope exactly the size of the ones you can purchase for standard A2 size cards, which as we all know are 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #413
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Thanks for sharing the response with us, Cathy. But what they said still makes no sense. About the board only working on 1/2" increments is just not true.

I fiddled with the measurements and found that using an 8 x 8 square, (they say 8-1/ and scoring at 3-1/2" (they say 3-3/4) makes an envelope exactly the size of the ones you can purchase for standard A2 size cards, which as we all know are 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.
Quoting myself here to note We R Memory Keeper's measurement is 8-1/8.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #414
Insane Embellisher

I hear what everyone is saying about this envelope maker & I am SOOOO GLAD I didn't get it!!!!!! (LOVE THE IDEA!) What TOTALLY throws me for a loop is that MANY are TOTALLY ACCEPTING the fact that this thing isn't what it's been made out to be! When did we as CONSUMERS pay for & accept FAULTY GOODS??? That just doesn't sound RIGHT!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #415
Proud Fan Club Member

Bugga, I'm going to use your measurements when I get my board. No sense reinventing the wheel! But you made me think...so I went back and brought out the box of envelopes I bought at Staples. They are called invitation envelopes but the measurements on the box say: 4 3/8" x 5 3/4"......next step, I measured an actual envelope and it is shorter on each side than those measurements! SO, I'm thinking that what I considered A2 envelopes are not true A2 envelopes. Maybe this is what is happening with others?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #416
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLady View Post
I hear what everyone is saying about this envelope maker & I am SOOOO GLAD I didn't get it!!!!!! (LOVE THE IDEA!) What TOTALLY throws me for a loop is that MANY are TOTALLY ACCEPTING the fact that this thing isn't what it's been made out to be! When did we as CONSUMERS pay for & accept FAULTY GOODS??? That just doesn't sound RIGHT!!!
I normally feel the same way, but this tool is so amazingly fun and cool that I think those of us that love it are willing to overlook the little mistakes.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #417
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Bugga, I'm going to use your measurements when I get my board. No sense reinventing the wheel! But you made me think...so I went back and brought out the box of envelopes I bought at Staples. They are called invitation envelopes but the measurements on the box say: 4 3/8" x 5 3/4"......next step, I measured an actual envelope and it is shorter on each side than those measurements! SO, I'm thinking that what I considered A2 envelopes are not true A2 envelopes. Maybe this is what is happening with others?
Great, Kathy. Happy to help.

But I think all of us COULD have reinvented the wheel in the time we've spent discussing this little gadget! And measuring.....

I just got out my box of purchased envies. They are Columbian Invitation size from Sam's Club. The measurements say 4-3/8 x 5-3/4, and I just measured one and they really are just that size.

And about the A2 size card, here is a link to the Paper Source: their A2 size folded notecard is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2, just like all us cardmakers know. We R Memory Keepers seem to be stuck on their definition of A2, and I guess we can't change their minds. But, we can make our envelopes fit our cards using their tool, and OUR measurements, lol.

A2 Folded Cards - Paper Source

Old 03-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #418
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I normally feel the same way, but this tool is so amazingly fun and cool that I think those of us that love it are willing to overlook the little mistakes.
I feel exactly the same way, Gale.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #419
Mad Swapper

For me, the off measurements aren't a deal breaker. It's actually one of the easier fixes for a problem, just do the math. I get how it annoys people though. They should have had we SCS'ers do a little test before full production. I know I'd have been glad to help them out!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #420
Mad Swapper

Like I said before, since WRMK 'insists" WE, the crafters, are incorrect and they aren't going to correct the guide, I printed Bugga's c/s measurement and score measurement with my labeler and stuck it above the ruler thingie so it's handy. By the way, the tape in my labeler is white and prints out black letters/numbers so is very visible.

The envelope maker is not defective, the manufacturer is giving out incorrect information.

The product is easy to use and it is fun to make envelopes to match your cards. Makes it extra special for the recipient of your card. They will be so impressed that you took the extra time to make an envelope especially for their card!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #421
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post

Cathy
I got the exact same response today from WRMK. Seriously??? I guess they don't have many (or ANY) card makers on their design teams!!! Too bad that they seem unwilling to correct the mistake. I wonder how many people have emailed them about this?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:21 AM   #422
Stazon Splitcoast

Who is the email from? Seriously. If there is a problem with the measurements they are responsible for that. If the email is from a customer service agent/manager then the next email needs to go higher up the chain of command. Sounds like someone is covering their shoddy work to me. Doesn't put me off the tool completely but it annoys me that they think it is "good enough" when it is such a simple fix and should have been thoroughly investigated.

Sounds to me they think if they repeat a lie enough people will believe it is the truth.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:48 AM   #423
Insane Embellisher

If people are BUYING the tool, IT IS "GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!"
Old 03-12-2013, 05:06 AM   #424
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
Who is the email from? Seriously. If there is a problem with the measurements they are responsible for that. If the email is from a customer service agent/manager then the next email needs to go higher up the chain of command. Sounds like someone is covering their shoddy work to me. Doesn't put me off the tool completely but it annoys me that they think it is "good enough" when it is such a simple fix and should have been thoroughly investigated.

Sounds to me they think if they repeat a lie enough people will believe it is the truth.
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLady View Post
If people are BUYING the tool, IT IS "GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!"
And, unfortunately, this. If people accept the product with the incorrect measurements, and it looks like they are, then WRMK isn't going to be inspired to correct anything. They've already had to admit that they screwed up the measurements once, and I bet they're fighting tooth and nail to keep from having to admit they screwed up the measurements a second time. It'd mean, at minimum, making a second sticker available.

Does anyone know if new boards are going to have the measurements on the sticker (which aren't all correct, but have more correct measurements than the current board)? Or is WRMK simply going to make the sticker available to everyone and not bother correcting the board?

WRMK might be surprised to read this thread and find out that we crafters do, indeed, know the proper size for an A2 envelope, and that we rather easily calculated a fix that they say isn't possible.

ETA 7/19: I did buy a board back when they needed stickers. The sticker is fine, I use Bugga's measurements for A2 envelopes, and all's good. It's a great board and I can't wait to get my hands on the new box, bag, and candybox boards.

Last edited by TheOtherMeg; 07-19-2013 at 12:32 PM..
Old 03-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #425
Insane Embellisher

Default The envelope Punch We R Memory Keepers CHA 2012

Has anyone by any chance sent these comments or made them aware of the descrepancies. Surely they know what a big audience we have here and one would think its not good advertising for them . Especially with the way they are responding. They have the perfect chance to restore good will here, not to mention that people will be leary every time they come up with a new product ,if this too has been rushed to the market before being thoroughly tested.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #426
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg View Post
This.

And, unfortunately, this. If people accept the product with the incorrect measurements, and it looks like they are, then WRMK isn't going to be inspired to correct anything. They've already had to admit that they screwed up the measurements once, and I bet they're fighting tooth and nail to keep from having to admit they screwed up the measurements a second time. It'd mean, at minimum, making a second sticker available.

Does anyone know if new boards are going to have the measurements on the sticker (which aren't all correct, but have more correct measurements than the current board)? Or is WRMK simply going to make the sticker available to everyone and not bother correcting the board?

WRMK might be surprised to read this thread and find out that we crafters do, indeed, know the proper size for an A2 envelope, and that we rather easily calculated a fix that they say isn't possible.
I bought mine at my local LSS about a week ago. The board has the new measurements on it.

I hadn't looked at their measurements for the A2 since I was planning on using Bugga's instructions. I do think it's a peculiar attitude for WRMK to take since measurements are not opinions.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.”
― Spider Robinson
Old 03-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #427
Embossing Fanatic

If anyone is waiting to buy this go to Bluemoon Scrapbooking...I ordered mine and had it within 3 days. Now with all your help I'll figure out correct measurements.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #428
Proud Fan Club Member

Has anyone seen this in stores yet? Mine still isn't shipping until mid to late April, so I would buy one now if I could get my hands on it and then pass it off to a friend when my other one arrives! Yes I want it that bad! LOL
Old 03-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #429
Forum Fanatic

I forgot to post that I got my new sticker in the mail a couple days ago.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #430
Kookie Creator

I am a bit concerned about the board now. I am wondering if the one I have ordered from Marcos that is suppose to ship in April will have the new corrections sticker on it. Hugs, Laurie
Old 03-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #431
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestikdragonfly View Post
I am a bit concerned about the board now. I am wondering if the one I have ordered from Marcos that is suppose to ship in April will have the new corrections sticker on it. Hugs, Laurie
I'd be willing to bet yours will be a new board with correct measurements. I am waiting on mine to ship from another company about that same time and I am pretty sure it will be the corrected version board. I think all the old ones have been shipped out already.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #432
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I'd be willing to bet yours will be a new board with correct measurements. I am waiting on mine to ship from another company about that same time and I am pretty sure it will be the corrected version board. I think all the old ones have been shipped out already.
Thanks Kathy I was hoping that they would have the new corrections seeing they were not shipping until April. Hugs, Laurie
Old 03-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #433
Mad Swapper

I received mine from The Frantic Stamper' within the last few weeks and it had the new, incorrect sticker. Somewhere on is thread, someone gave some measurement so you could tell if it was the new or old sticker.

Fran from The Frantic Stamper email her pre-order list customers and gave us a choice of getting her first stock of the Envelope Punch with the faulty sticker or waiting for the next shipment. I could have taken the one with the 'bad' measurements and requested a corrected sticker. I wanted the one with the new sticker so waited but it was only a 7-10 day wait.

Fran was the BEST-she emailed her customers and kept us informed and gave us the options of boards. Not just sending the first boards off and letting us find out about the needed 'fix'.

Last edited by Crafter 4 Life; 03-16-2013 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: Add'l info
Old 03-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #434
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
This was on facebook today:
Update:
We have an updated Envelope Punch Board Sticker to adhere over the current measurement sizes.
***Take a look at the 3x3" Envelope Size on the Punch Board. The original measurements for that size will be 5 3/8” x 5 3/8” with a 2 ¾” score line. If that’s the size listed for the 3x3” Envelope Size, then please email us for a replacement sticker. ***
Please email us at customerservice@weronthenet.com
Include ‘Envelope Punch Board Sticker’ in the subject line and your mailing address in the body of the email.
If anyone gets a board with the "old" measurements, Gale has kindly posted this info to send an email and get a corrected sticker for your board.

I did this, and WRMK sent me a corrected sticker in a couple of days.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #435
Embossing Fanatic

i want to get one are they sold out everywhere?
Old 03-17-2013, 04:29 AM   #436
Rubber Obsessor

Mine was placed on order at CHA in Jan. and at this time will not be here till May. My LSS has it on order from their supplier. That is a long wait.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #437
Mad Swapper

I was a late pre-order customer at The Frantic Stamper but I still got mine a couple of weeks ago.

Want to play with it some more to use up those 'hmmm' sheets of printed scrapbook paper but have a new puppy that is very mischievous!

I know some people say 'when you settle with a poorly researched product' the manufacturer doesn't have to make correction but the tool is awesome. It is just the measurement sticker that has misinformation. This thread has people giving information to correct the misinformation on the sticker so we can use the Envelope Punch to make envelopes that are the right size.

As others say and keep saying, "This site has the most generous people who give encouragement, advice, suggestions, donate supplies/cards/etc." We rejoice together, we grieve together, we share, etc.

Thank you everyone for being there for each other.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #438
Stampin' Fool

Default Stamping Scrapping/ Punch board

Did anyone who ordered this from "Stamping Scrapping" receive it? I pre-ordered mine on Jan. 17th and have not received yet! It says on the site if your not a patient person then DON"T order it. I would think that over 2 months should be sufficient enough time. Some other sites rec'd them sold out and rec'd. again! I guess I need to find my order # or something so I can contact them. I would also assume that I would receive the "new" one with correct measurements - the sticker or whatever they are doing. Any info anyone has from Stamping Scrapping on when they may ship this will be appreciated!

TIA,
Connie
Old 03-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #439
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie leone View Post
Did anyone who ordered this from "Stamping Scrapping" receive it? I pre-ordered mine on Jan. 17th and have not received yet! It says on the site if your not a patient person then DON"T order it. I would think that over 2 months should be sufficient enough time. Some other sites rec'd them sold out and rec'd. again! I guess I need to find my order # or something so I can contact them. I would also assume that I would receive the "new" one with correct measurements - the sticker or whatever they are doing. Any info anyone has from Stamping Scrapping on when they may ship this will be appreciated!

TIA,
Connie
Mine is not from Stamping Scrapping. But it says right on the site where mine was ordered that it will ship mid to late April, so I knew from the start it would be later than most. In this case, I think later is best because we will have the correct measurements. I am trying to be patient, but I can't wait to get my hands on this!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #440
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Mine is not from Stamping Scrapping. But it says right on the site where mine was ordered that it will ship mid to late April, so I knew from the start it would be later than most. In this case, I think later is best because we will have the correct measurements. I am trying to be patient, but I can't wait to get my hands on this!
Thank-you Kathy for the heads up even though you ordered from somewhere else! I was reading this thread and on one of the pages I read, it said that they were not changing the board with the correct measurements?? I dunno Lol Guess we will find out when we get this board!! I'm trying to be patient as well but like you I'm anxious to get my hands on this thing!!