Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree292Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #361
Kookie Creator

Did someone say that we, who have the incorrect version, will be able to call in and get the updated sticker? Did I read that somewhere?
Karen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #362
Crimping Master

This is the web page for downloading the correct measurements:
Tool Directions You would need to laminate or clear tape it to protect it on the board.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #363
Forum Fanatic

I emailed WRMK about a correct sticker because I don't think we should have to print or laminate it ourselves but never heard back. Awesome CS, that.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #364
Kookie Creator

Well I did print it off and it just isn't crisp and clear like a sticker is. Maybe it's my printer, but I don't see why they wouldn't send a replacement sticker. They should have tried it out better before production on the thing!
Karen
Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #365
Proud Fan Club Member

I checked the tool directions site and these are the same changes I was told to begin with, so I think there has really only been one correction to the chart.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #366
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafter 4 Life View Post
I want to also say Fran-Frantic Stamper-is a gem!
Ditto. I've been buying from Fran for years and she's awesome !!!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #367
Mad Swapper

Got mine today. Very easy to use. Accuracy depends on the operator-if your original square of paper/card stock is a little off or the first measurement and score a little off then 'operator error'.

I have one question-I don't like that the section opposite the flap has that center portion that sticks up past the side sections. Do you just snip it off with scissors?
Old 02-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #368
Forum Fanatic

I cut it off with the trimmer. I fold one side so I have a straight side to put against the trimmer wall thing, and then I take off an inch or so. If I want to be picky, I fold the entire envelope and mark where to cut the corner.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #369
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Got mine today. Very easy to use. Accuracy depends on the operator-if your original square of paper/card stock is a little off or the first measurement and score a little off then 'operator error'.

I have one question-I don't like that the section opposite the flap has that center portion that sticks up past the side sections. Do you just snip it off with scissors?
I don't like it either - it makes the card hard to slide into the envie. I've been snipping it off with my scissors after it's made.

That's a good idea, Gale, to use the paper trimmer. When I'm making a whole bunch, I think I'll do that.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #370
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for saying this. I feel a little vindicated. Way back when this thread first started, there was a video demo where the gal said many of her envies came out different sizes. I said it looked to me like she was quite "casual" about lining the paper up to start with, and that's what caused her problems by the time she got all around with the scores.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #371
Proud Fan Club Member

I need to check my paper cutter because I'm not sure it is accurate. Don't want to throw the measurements off to begin with. Hey, tomorrow is March already so it's getting close to mid to late April!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #372
Crimping Master

I complained to We R Memory Keepers that their web site is far from informative for retail customers. (It still describes the board as "coming soon.") There's no information posted on which boards have bad measurements, nor any directions to the download page of corrected measurements. Their reply to me said the following:

"We had a large shipment go out to our retailers this week. We will have an additional shipment going out in May."

It looks like if your retailer doesn't get them this week or early next, it will mean waiting until May.

To the person who didn't get a good printout: make sure your printer is not set to draft mode, and try out some other kinds of paper. Otherwise, hopefully, they will send you a legible printout.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #373
Matboard Maniac

I have looked at the updated sticker and I still think one measurement is incorrect so, I wrote them an email tonight and we will see what their response will be:

"Envelope Punch - I have been reading about the discrepancy in the chart with the new update posted.

However, I have an issue with the updated version: 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 (A2) listed on the .pdf file is incorrect. The correct size for an A2 card is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.

Is this another misprint? What should the correct paper size and score line be for a true A2 card size of 4-1/4 x 5-1/2?"

Cathy

http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/
Old 03-01-2013, 04:19 AM   #374
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
I have looked at the updated sticker and I still think one measurement is incorrect so, I wrote them an email tonight and we will see what their response will be:

"Envelope Punch - I have been reading about the discrepancy in the chart with the new update posted.

However, I have an issue with the updated version: 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 (A2) listed on the .pdf file is incorrect. The correct size for an A2 card is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.

Is this another misprint? What should the correct paper size and score line be for a true A2 card size of 4-1/4 x 5-1/2?"

Cathy
Yikes! If the A2 measurements are off, that does mean trouble for those of us who make A2s primarily.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #375
Crimping Master

Curious to know if some über-organized person has identified on the cut chart which size envelope measurements will go through the U.S. mail with standard postage.....
Old 03-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #376
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post

Cathy
I have the punch and have made quite a few envelopes with it. The size shown on the original punch for the A2 card is wrong, and the measurements to make the envelopes are wrong, also.

Unfortunately, the updated chart that they posted online seems to have the incorrect size shown, too. Here are the measurments I use:

For a standard true A2 size card of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", cut your paper to 8" x 8" square, and score at 3-1/2". This will give you the right size envelopes for the A2 cards.

Last edited by buggainok; 03-01-2013 at 07:01 AM..
Old 03-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #377
Mad Swapper

Bugga-

Thank you for the correct measurements for the cardstock square to be used and the correct score line measurement. I went back over most of the previous posts and saw the one you mentioned about the score line but must have missed the corrected measurement for the cardstock square. I tried the corrected scoreline and the finished envelope was different from a commercial envelope I used to compare. I knew the square must be a little too big but, thanks to you, I now know what size square to start with.

I think I will love this gadget! (oops, this 'useful tool') Hopefully, I will use up some of the paper I have that would otherwise never get a 'second chance' since many of the sheets in a pad are not what I would use on a project.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #378
Mad Swapper

Bugga-

Thank you for the correct measurements for the cardstock square to be used and the correct score line measurement. I went back over most of the previous posts and saw the one you mentioned about the score line but must have missed the corrected measurement for the cardstock square. I tried the corrected scoreline and the finished envelope was different from a commercial envelope I used to compare. I knew the square must be a little too big but, thanks to you, I now know what size square to start with.

I think I will love this gadget! (oops, this 'useful tool') Hopefully, I will use up some of the paper I have that would otherwise never get a 'second chance' since many of the sheets in a pad are not what I would use on a project. Gotta get busy since I have LOTS of those sheets.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #379
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Bugga-

I think I will love this gadget! (oops, this 'useful tool') Hopefully, I will use up some of the paper I have that would otherwise never get a 'second chance' since many of the sheets in a pad are not what I would use on a project.
You are welcome, Ozzie. I am happy I could help. I do love this little gadget! I'm glad that 99% of the cards I make are the standard A2 size, so the other "wrong" measurements don't really bother me too much.

Another benefit to my corrected measurements I think, is that it's quicker to cut an 8 x 8 square than to have to fiddle with finding the 8-1/8" spot on my paper trimmer to cut the size they say to use, which is wrong anyway.

The other size card I make occasionally is a 5 x 7, and their measurements seem to work okay for that size.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #380
Insane Embellisher

Archivers has sent an e-mail advertising the envelope board. They are the first "big box" store that I have seen advertising the board. Does anyone know if they have the original boards or the corrected ones? Also, has anyone noticed the board in Michaels or another big box store?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #381
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie* View Post
Archivers has sent an e-mail advertising the envelope board. They are the first "big box" store that I have seen advertising the board. Does anyone know if they have the original boards or the corrected ones? Also, has anyone noticed the board in Michaels or another big box store?
I've been watching Michaels and ACMoore and nothing yet.....
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #382
Forum Fanatic

This was on facebook today:
Update:
We have an updated Envelope Punch Board Sticker to adhere over the current measurement sizes.
***Take a look at the 3x3" Envelope Size on the Punch Board. The original measurements for that size will be 5 3/8” x 5 3/8” with a 2 ¾” score line. If that’s the size listed for the 3x3” Envelope Size, then please email us for a replacement sticker. ***
Please email us at customerservice@weronthenet.com
Include ‘Envelope Punch Board Sticker’ in the subject line and your mailing address in the body of the email.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #383
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
This was on facebook today:
Update:
We have an updated Envelope Punch Board Sticker to adhere over the current measurement sizes.
***Take a look at the 3x3" Envelope Size on the Punch Board. The original measurements for that size will be 5 3/8” x 5 3/8” with a 2 ¾” score line. If that’s the size listed for the 3x3” Envelope Size, then please email us for a replacement sticker. ***
Please email us at customerservice@weronthenet.com
Include ‘Envelope Punch Board Sticker’ in the subject line and your mailing address in the body of the email.
Thanks so much for sharing this, Gale. I'm going to email them right away.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #384
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for sharing that information, Gale! I was looking for an easy way to be able to tell if a board was the old board or the corrected version.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #385
Mad Swapper

Gale,
Thank you for the correct sticker information. Mine is the newer version. Since we, the card makers, KNOW an A2 card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and WRMK insist it's 4 1/2" x 5 1/2", I used my labeler to print up the correct measurements and stuck it on my board above the ruler thing. (Not holding my breath that WRMK will make the A2 measurement change anytime soon.) This is the envelope size I will use most.

Thank you everyone for posting the errors and changes and keeping everyone informed.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #386
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Gale,
Thank you for the correct sticker information. Mine is the newer version. Since we, the card makers, KNOW an A2 card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and WRMK insist it's 4 1/2" x 5 1/2", I used my labeler to print up the correct measurements and stuck it on my board above the ruler thing. (Not holding my breath that WRMK will make the A2 measurement change anytime soon.) This is the envelope size I will use most.

Thank you everyone for posting the errors and changes and keeping everyone informed.
Yes, what is that all about? The correction dimensions for an A2 card are all over the internet as 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.

For the record, with the Envelope Punch, I use an 8 x 8 square and score at 3-1/2 to get a perfect A2 size envie.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #387
Glitter Queen

I bought the envelope board yesterday (3/7/13) brought it home and immediately made an A2 envelope - so excited!! Excitement turned to disappointment when I realized that the envelope I was now holding was totally WRONG!! I went to the WRMK site to look at their so-called updated PDF file and the A2 size there is wrong also!! Didn't they check their finished product against a 'factory made' actual A2 envelope to make sure it was right before they released this board? Very disappointed. I guess I will wait until they release the second version of this board - hopefully they get it right!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #388
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckykats View Post
I bought the envelope board yesterday (3/7/13) brought it home and immediately made an A2 envelope - so excited!! Excitement turned to disappointment when I realized that the envelope I was now holding was totally WRONG!! I went to the WRMK site to look at their so-called updated PDF file and the A2 size there is wrong also!! Didn't they check their finished product against a 'factory made' actual A2 envelope to make sure it was right before they released this board? Very disappointed. I guess I will wait until they release the second version of this board - hopefully they get it right!!!
See my post right before yours. If you use a square 8 x 8 and score at 3-1/2, you will have a perfect A2 size envelope.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #389
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
See my post right before yours. If you use a square 8 x 8 and score at 3-1/2, you will have a perfect A2 size envelope.
I did see your post - thank you for taking the time to work out the correct measurement. Why WRMK didn't do that, I will never know!! Unfortunately, I already sent my board back to Archiver's with my husband this morning. If they don't take it back, I'll get my chance to try out your fix!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #390
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I did see your post - thank you for taking the time to work out the correct measurement. Why WRMK didn't do that, I will never know!! Unfortunately, I already sent my board back to Archiver's with my husband this morning. If they don't take it back, I'll get my chance to try out your fix!
I would have taken the board off your hands, even if the measurements were wrong....I'm still waiting, and smiling. Mid to late April seems like a long time to be patient! LOL
Old 03-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #391
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Lucky, don't know if you have been following this thread for long, but you do know that there is nothing wrong with the board itself, right? Just that some of the measurements on the chart are not correct?

Other than the A2, most of the incorrect measurements involve somewhat "odd" envelope sizes that I don't think I will ever make anyway.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #392
Glitter Queen

Well, looks like the gals at Archiver's are clueless. They made an envelope for my husband that was exactly the same as the one I'd already made at home to "explain" to him how it works and then sent him back home with the board. So, I have it back. My husband is an engineer and a math major, so he's working on the formula that will give me a perfect A2 size, just like a factory made envelope. We'll see how it goes. In looking at some of the other envelope sizes on the board, I am just flabbergasted that WRMK didn't check things out more carefully. A lot of sizes seem to be off.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #393
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Lucky, don't know if you have been following this thread for long, but you do know that there is nothing wrong with the board itself, right? Just that some of the measurements on the chart are not correct?

Other than the A2, most of the incorrect measurements involve somewhat "odd" envelope sizes that I don't think I will ever make anyway.
And yes, I realize there is nothing inherently wrong with the board itself, just the given measurements. It's still frustrating though. I guess I just expected better of a company that's been in the business of making paper crafting tools for as long as WRMK.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #394
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie* View Post
Archivers here in Utah has the "corrected" board. The measurements for the A2 envelope are WAY off, though.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #395
Forum Fanatic

I guess I don't understand why you haven't tried the A2 measurements Bugga gave. I'm sure your husband can figure it out but why bother when someone else already has?

Old 03-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #396
Proud Fan Club Member

Maybe she didn't read back. Here is what Bugga said:

For a standard true A2 size card of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", cut your paper to 8" x 8" square, and score at 3-1/2". This will give you the right size envelopes for the A2 cards
Old 03-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #397
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I guess I don't understand why you haven't tried the A2 measurements Bugga gave. I'm sure your husband can figure it out but why bother when someone else already has?
I agree! Bugga's measurements are correct. They make the perfect A2 envelope. It will save your husband some time
Old 03-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #398
Glitter Queen

Quote:
I did. They just weren't quite snug enough for how I like my envelopes. I'm not sure that it's possible to get an exact A2 - the measurements my husband came up with are perfect in width, but just a smidge too tall, but I guess it'll have to do. Sorry, girls - I'm just fussy I guess! No offense to Bugga - her envelope was much better than what the board made!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #399
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juble View Post
I agree! Bugga's measurements are correct. They make the perfect A2 envelope. It will save your husband some time
Bugga's measurement of 8x8 paper and score at 3-1/2" leave the envelope about 1/8' to small, width-wise. That 1/8" counts for a lot when you're trying to stuff a full card in there!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #400
Glitter Queen

Quote:
I did. They just weren't quite snug enough for how I like my envelopes. I'm not sure that it's possible to get an exact A2 - the measurements my husband came up with are perfect in width, but just a smidge too tall, but I guess it'll have to do. Sorry, girls - I'm just fussy I guess! No offense to Bugga - her envelope was much better than what the board made!!!
Sorry - that reply should have read that Bugga's measurement is a little TOO snug, width-wise. Height-wise, it's perfect. But, you all know how frustrating it can be to try and stuff a full card into a too-small envelope!