In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #361
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Old Pueblo
Posts: 1,245
Default

Curious to know if some über-organized person has identified on the cut chart which size envelope measurements will go through the U.S. mail with standard postage.....
GypsyRoseStamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #362
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
I have looked at the updated sticker and I still think one measurement is incorrect so, I wrote them an email tonight and we will see what their response will be:

"Envelope Punch - I have been reading about the discrepancy in the chart with the new update posted.

However, I have an issue with the updated version: 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 (A2) listed on the .pdf file is incorrect. The correct size for an A2 card is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.

Is this another misprint? What should the correct paper size and score line be for a true A2 card size of 4-1/4 x 5-1/2?"

Cathy
I have the punch and have made quite a few envelopes with it. The size shown on the original punch for the A2 card is wrong, and the measurements to make the envelopes are wrong, also.

Unfortunately, the updated chart that they posted online seems to have the incorrect size shown, too. Here are the measurments I use:

For a standard true A2 size card of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", cut your paper to 8" x 8" square, and score at 3-1/2". This will give you the right size envelopes for the A2 cards.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

Last edited by buggainok; 03-01-2013 at 07:01 AM..
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #363
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,040
Default

Bugga-

Thank you for the correct measurements for the cardstock square to be used and the correct score line measurement. I went back over most of the previous posts and saw the one you mentioned about the score line but must have missed the corrected measurement for the cardstock square. I tried the corrected scoreline and the finished envelope was different from a commercial envelope I used to compare. I knew the square must be a little too big but, thanks to you, I now know what size square to start with.

I think I will love this gadget! (oops, this 'useful tool') Hopefully, I will use up some of the paper I have that would otherwise never get a 'second chance' since many of the sheets in a pad are not what I would use on a project.
__________________
Ozzie
Crafter 4 Life is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #364
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,040
Default

Bugga-

Thank you for the correct measurements for the cardstock square to be used and the correct score line measurement. I went back over most of the previous posts and saw the one you mentioned about the score line but must have missed the corrected measurement for the cardstock square. I tried the corrected scoreline and the finished envelope was different from a commercial envelope I used to compare. I knew the square must be a little too big but, thanks to you, I now know what size square to start with.

I think I will love this gadget! (oops, this 'useful tool') Hopefully, I will use up some of the paper I have that would otherwise never get a 'second chance' since many of the sheets in a pad are not what I would use on a project. Gotta get busy since I have LOTS of those sheets.
Crafter 4 Life is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #365
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafter 4 Life View Post
Bugga-

Thank you for the correct measurements for the cardstock square to be used and the correct score line measurement. I went back over most of the previous posts and saw the one you mentioned about the score line but must have missed the corrected measurement for the cardstock square. I tried the corrected scoreline and the finished envelope was different from a commercial envelope I used to compare. I knew the square must be a little too big but, thanks to you, I now know what size square to start with.

I think I will love this gadget! (oops, this 'useful tool') Hopefully, I will use up some of the paper I have that would otherwise never get a 'second chance' since many of the sheets in a pad are not what I would use on a project.
You are welcome, Ozzie. I am happy I could help. I do love this little gadget! I'm glad that 99% of the cards I make are the standard A2 size, so the other "wrong" measurements don't really bother me too much.

Another benefit to my corrected measurements I think, is that it's quicker to cut an 8 x 8 square than to have to fiddle with finding the 8-1/8" spot on my paper trimmer to cut the size they say to use, which is wrong anyway.

The other size card I make occasionally is a 5 x 7, and their measurements seem to work okay for that size.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #366
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 916
Default

Archivers has sent an e-mail advertising the envelope board. They are the first "big box" store that I have seen advertising the board. Does anyone know if they have the original boards or the corrected ones? Also, has anyone noticed the board in Michaels or another big box store?
annie* is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #367
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 27,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie* View Post
Archivers has sent an e-mail advertising the envelope board. They are the first "big box" store that I have seen advertising the board. Does anyone know if they have the original boards or the corrected ones? Also, has anyone noticed the board in Michaels or another big box store?
I've been watching Michaels and ACMoore and nothing yet.....
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2016 Challenge $-39.76 updated 6-15-16
Alphabet Challenge
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #368
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
This was on facebook today:
Update:
We have an updated Envelope Punch Board Sticker to adhere over the current measurement sizes.
***Take a look at the 3x3" Envelope Size on the Punch Board. The original measurements for that size will be 5 3/8” x 5 3/8” with a 2 ¾” score line. If that’s the size listed for the 3x3” Envelope Size, then please email us for a replacement sticker. ***
Please email us at customerservice@weronthenet.com
Include ‘Envelope Punch Board Sticker’ in the subject line and your mailing address in the body of the email.
Thanks so much for sharing this, Gale. I'm going to email them right away.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #369
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 916
Default

Thanks for sharing that information, Gale! I was looking for an easy way to be able to tell if a board was the old board or the corrected version.
annie* is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #370
Glitter Guru
 
TheOtherMeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
This was on facebook today:
Update:
We have an updated Envelope Punch Board Sticker to adhere over the current measurement sizes.
***Take a look at the 3x3" Envelope Size on the Punch Board. The original measurements for that size will be 5 3/8” x 5 3/8” with a 2 ¾” score line. If that’s the size listed for the 3x3” Envelope Size, then please email us for a replacement sticker. ***
Please email us at customerservice@weronthenet.com
Include ‘Envelope Punch Board Sticker’ in the subject line and your mailing address in the body of the email.
Will the sticker also reflect the corrections necessary for a proper A2 envelope?

Will there be a way to distinguish new/corrected boards from the first batch with incorrect measurements? I will be getting one of these, but am happy to wait until I can buy one that has correct measurements, including A2 measurements.

Will someone who has ordered a sticker please post a review after you have a chance to try out the new measurements (the ones on the sticker)? Thanks so much.
TheOtherMeg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #371
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,040
Default

Gale,
Thank you for the correct sticker information. Mine is the newer version. Since we, the card makers, KNOW an A2 card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and WRMK insist it's 4 1/2" x 5 1/2", I used my labeler to print up the correct measurements and stuck it on my board above the ruler thing. (Not holding my breath that WRMK will make the A2 measurement change anytime soon.) This is the envelope size I will use most.

Thank you everyone for posting the errors and changes and keeping everyone informed.
Crafter 4 Life is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #372
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafter 4 Life View Post
Gale,
Thank you for the correct sticker information. Mine is the newer version. Since we, the card makers, KNOW an A2 card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and WRMK insist it's 4 1/2" x 5 1/2", I used my labeler to print up the correct measurements and stuck it on my board above the ruler thing. (Not holding my breath that WRMK will make the A2 measurement change anytime soon.) This is the envelope size I will use most.

Thank you everyone for posting the errors and changes and keeping everyone informed.
Yes, what is that all about? The correction dimensions for an A2 card are all over the internet as 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.

For the record, with the Envelope Punch, I use an 8 x 8 square and score at 3-1/2 to get a perfect A2 size envie.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #373
Glitter Queen
 
luckykats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs, Utah
Posts: 11
Default

I bought the envelope board yesterday (3/7/13) brought it home and immediately made an A2 envelope - so excited!! Excitement turned to disappointment when I realized that the envelope I was now holding was totally WRONG!! I went to the WRMK site to look at their so-called updated PDF file and the A2 size there is wrong also!! Didn't they check their finished product against a 'factory made' actual A2 envelope to make sure it was right before they released this board? Very disappointed. I guess I will wait until they release the second version of this board - hopefully they get it right!!!
luckykats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #374
Glitter Guru
 
TheOtherMeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,348
Default

Truth be told, when I'm making a lot of the same A2 card, I use 12x12 paper so I can get 3 cards out of it. They end up being 4" x 5.5" each instead of 4.25" x 5.5" each, but the difference is negligible. If the card has some dimension, it actually works out nicely because the added room in the envelope assures a good fit.

Either way (4.25" or 4"), I use a standard A2 envelope which, apparently, isn't what WRMK is using.
TheOtherMeg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #375
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckykats View Post
I bought the envelope board yesterday (3/7/13) brought it home and immediately made an A2 envelope - so excited!! Excitement turned to disappointment when I realized that the envelope I was now holding was totally WRONG!! I went to the WRMK site to look at their so-called updated PDF file and the A2 size there is wrong also!! Didn't they check their finished product against a 'factory made' actual A2 envelope to make sure it was right before they released this board? Very disappointed. I guess I will wait until they release the second version of this board - hopefully they get it right!!!
See my post right before yours. If you use a square 8 x 8 and score at 3-1/2, you will have a perfect A2 size envelope.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #376
Glitter Queen
 
luckykats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs, Utah
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
See my post right before yours. If you use a square 8 x 8 and score at 3-1/2, you will have a perfect A2 size envelope.
I did see your post - thank you for taking the time to work out the correct measurement. Why WRMK didn't do that, I will never know!! Unfortunately, I already sent my board back to Archiver's with my husband this morning. If they don't take it back, I'll get my chance to try out your fix!
luckykats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #377
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 27,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckykats View Post
I did see your post - thank you for taking the time to work out the correct measurement. Why WRMK didn't do that, I will never know!! Unfortunately, I already sent my board back to Archiver's with my husband this morning. If they don't take it back, I'll get my chance to try out your fix!
I would have taken the board off your hands, even if the measurements were wrong....I'm still waiting, and smiling. Mid to late April seems like a long time to be patient! LOL
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2016 Challenge $-39.76 updated 6-15-16
Alphabet Challenge
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #378
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckykats View Post
I did see your post - thank you for taking the time to work out the correct measurement. Why WRMK didn't do that, I will never know!! Unfortunately, I already sent my board back to Archiver's with my husband this morning. If they don't take it back, I'll get my chance to try out your fix!
Lucky, don't know if you have been following this thread for long, but you do know that there is nothing wrong with the board itself, right? Just that some of the measurements on the chart are not correct?

Other than the A2, most of the incorrect measurements involve somewhat "odd" envelope sizes that I don't think I will ever make anyway.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #379
Glitter Queen
 
luckykats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs, Utah
Posts: 11
Default

Well, looks like the gals at Archiver's are clueless. They made an envelope for my husband that was exactly the same as the one I'd already made at home to "explain" to him how it works and then sent him back home with the board. So, I have it back. My husband is an engineer and a math major, so he's working on the formula that will give me a perfect A2 size, just like a factory made envelope. We'll see how it goes. In looking at some of the other envelope sizes on the board, I am just flabbergasted that WRMK didn't check things out more carefully. A lot of sizes seem to be off.
__________________
If you can't be a good example, then be a horrible warning.
luckykats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #380
Glitter Queen
 
luckykats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs, Utah
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Lucky, don't know if you have been following this thread for long, but you do know that there is nothing wrong with the board itself, right? Just that some of the measurements on the chart are not correct?

Other than the A2, most of the incorrect measurements involve somewhat "odd" envelope sizes that I don't think I will ever make anyway.
And yes, I realize there is nothing inherently wrong with the board itself, just the given measurements. It's still frustrating though. I guess I just expected better of a company that's been in the business of making paper crafting tools for as long as WRMK.
__________________
If you can't be a good example, then be a horrible warning.
luckykats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #381
Glitter Queen
 
luckykats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs, Utah
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie* View Post
Archivers has sent an e-mail advertising the envelope board. They are the first "big box" store that I have seen advertising the board. Does anyone know if they have the original boards or the corrected ones? Also, has anyone noticed the board in Michaels or another big box store?
Archivers here in Utah has the "corrected" board. The measurements for the A2 envelope are WAY off, though.
__________________
If you can't be a good example, then be a horrible warning.
luckykats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #382
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 27,929
Default

Maybe she didn't read back. Here is what Bugga said:

For a standard true A2 size card of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", cut your paper to 8" x 8" square, and score at 3-1/2". This will give you the right size envelopes for the A2 cards
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2016 Challenge $-39.76 updated 6-15-16
Alphabet Challenge
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #383
Insane Embellisher
 
Juble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I guess I don't understand why you haven't tried the A2 measurements Bugga gave. I'm sure your husband can figure it out but why bother when someone else already has?
I agree! Bugga's measurements are correct. They make the perfect A2 envelope. It will save your husband some time
__________________
Julie
Juble is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #384
Glitter Queen
 
luckykats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs, Utah
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I guess I don't understand why you haven't tried the A2 measurements Bugga gave. I'm sure your husband can figure it out but why bother when someone else already has?
I did. They just weren't quite snug enough for how I like my envelopes. I'm not sure that it's possible to get an exact A2 - the measurements my husband came up with are perfect in width, but just a smidge too tall, but I guess it'll have to do. Sorry, girls - I'm just fussy I guess! No offense to Bugga - her envelope was much better than what the board made!!!
__________________
If you can't be a good example, then be a horrible warning.
luckykats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #385
Glitter Queen
 
luckykats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs, Utah
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juble View Post
I agree! Bugga's measurements are correct. They make the perfect A2 envelope. It will save your husband some time
Bugga's measurement of 8x8 paper and score at 3-1/2" leave the envelope about 1/8' to small, width-wise. That 1/8" counts for a lot when you're trying to stuff a full card in there!
__________________
If you can't be a good example, then be a horrible warning.
luckykats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #386
Glitter Queen
 
luckykats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs, Utah
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckykats View Post
I did. They just weren't quite snug enough for how I like my envelopes. I'm not sure that it's possible to get an exact A2 - the measurements my husband came up with are perfect in width, but just a smidge too tall, but I guess it'll have to do. Sorry, girls - I'm just fussy I guess! No offense to Bugga - her envelope was much better than what the board made!!!
Sorry - that reply should have read that Bugga's measurement is a little TOO snug, width-wise. Height-wise, it's perfect. But, you all know how frustrating it can be to try and stuff a full card into a too-small envelope!
__________________
If you can't be a good example, then be a horrible warning.
luckykats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #387
Glitter Queen
 
luckykats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs, Utah
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Maybe she didn't read back. Here is what Bugga said:

For a standard true A2 size card of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", cut your paper to 8" x 8" square, and score at 3-1/2". This will give you the right size envelopes for the A2 cards
I did read back and I tried out Bugga's measurements. That leaves the envelope perfect height-wise, but just a bit too small width-wise. Back to the drawing board. We're just trying to figure out the correct paper size to score line ratio. I'm sure it's out the somewhere!
__________________
If you can't be a good example, then be a horrible warning.
luckykats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #388
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckykats View Post
I did read back and I tried out Bugga's measurements. That leaves the envelope perfect height-wise, but just a bit too small width-wise. Back to the drawing board. We're just trying to figure out the correct paper size to score line ratio. I'm sure it's out the somewhere!
No offense taken, Lucky. We all want what we want.

But in the interest of continuing to beat this dead horse...lol

I just took a whole stack of A2 envies I made with my punch, using the measurements I've posted, and carefully compared them to the A2 envelopes I recently purchased at Office Depot.

The majority of the ones made with the punch are spot-on, especially in the width. A couple of the ones I made were a tiny bit, maybe 1/16th", taller than the purchased ones, probably due to how I folded the flap down.

It could be you just like an envelope that's a little bit wider, which I understand. In that case, you wouldn't like the purchased ones either.

It really is a handy little tool, and I know you will come up with just what you like.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #389
Glitter Queen
 
luckykats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs, Utah
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
No offense taken, Lucky. We all want what we want.

But in the interest of continuing to beat this dead horse...lol

I just took a whole stack of A2 envies I made with my punch, using the measurements I've posted, and carefully compared them to the A2 envelopes I recently purchased at Office Depot.

The majority of the ones made with the punch are spot-on, especially in the width. A couple of the ones I made were a tiny bit, maybe 1/16th", taller than the purchased ones, probably due to how I folded the flap down.

It could be you just like an envelope that's a little bit wider, which I understand. In that case, you wouldn't like the purchased ones either.

It really is a handy little tool, and I know you will come up with just what you like.
I've been thinking the same thing - maybe it's all in the FOLD itself. That's the nice thing about this tool - you can play with it and get just what you like. Thanks so much for all your help! These boards are great!
__________________
If you can't be a good example, then be a horrible warning.
luckykats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #390
Pearl-ExPert
 
iamvics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rochester, WA
Posts: 2,701
Default

New video by CraftTestDummies: Update on the Envelope Punch Board by WRMK - YouTube

Shows the new sticker (& how to get one). Also, tip for left-handed crafters.
__________________
Vic (Victoria) in WA
My blog: http://artbyvic.wordpress.com/
Proud to be a conservative American
iamvics is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #391
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,212
Default

Just going to watch... Hope she wasn't as slapdash as she was in the first video.
RiverIsis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #392
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,212
Default

Much better video all around. Very helpful AND has information about getting the corrected measurements sticker from WRMK. Thanks for sharing the update!
RiverIsis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #393
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 366
Default

Finally got a response from WRMK regarding the issue of A2 cards still being incorrect. This is their response:

"Hello. Thank you for contacting us! The sizing is correct on the A2. The tool only works on the ½” increments. The envelope size is the closest the tool makes for an A2 card. Please let us know if you have additional questions. Have a great day!"

So...the 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 stays. We just need to work around it if it bugs us or, leave it the way it is.

Cathy
__________________
I stand alone without beliefs...the only truth I know is you

http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/
Catrick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #394
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Finally got a response from WRMK regarding the issue of A2 cards still being incorrect. This is their response:

"Hello. Thank you for contacting us! The sizing is correct on the A2. The tool only works on the ½” increments. The envelope size is the closest the tool makes for an A2 card. Please let us know if you have additional questions. Have a great day!"

So...the 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 stays. We just need to work around it if it bugs us or, leave it the way it is.

Cathy
Thanks for sharing the response with us, Cathy. But what they said still makes no sense. About the board only working on 1/2" increments is just not true.

I fiddled with the measurements and found that using an 8 x 8 square, (they say 8-1/ and scoring at 3-1/2" (they say 3-3/4) makes an envelope exactly the size of the ones you can purchase for standard A2 size cards, which as we all know are 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #395
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Thanks for sharing the response with us, Cathy. But what they said still makes no sense. About the board only working on 1/2" increments is just not true.

I fiddled with the measurements and found that using an 8 x 8 square, (they say 8-1/ and scoring at 3-1/2" (they say 3-3/4) makes an envelope exactly the size of the ones you can purchase for standard A2 size cards, which as we all know are 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.
Quoting myself here to note We R Memory Keeper's measurement is 8-1/8.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #396
Polyshrink Goddess
 
TLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 840
Default

I hear what everyone is saying about this envelope maker & I am SOOOO GLAD I didn't get it!!!!!! (LOVE THE IDEA!) What TOTALLY throws me for a loop is that MANY are TOTALLY ACCEPTING the fact that this thing isn't what it's been made out to be! When did we as CONSUMERS pay for & accept FAULTY GOODS??? That just doesn't sound RIGHT!!!
__________________
Visitmy blog and my gallery
TLady is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #397
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 27,929
Default

Bugga, I'm going to use your measurements when I get my board. No sense reinventing the wheel! But you made me think...so I went back and brought out the box of envelopes I bought at Staples. They are called invitation envelopes but the measurements on the box say: 4 3/8" x 5 3/4"......next step, I measured an actual envelope and it is shorter on each side than those measurements! SO, I'm thinking that what I considered A2 envelopes are not true A2 envelopes. Maybe this is what is happening with others?
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2016 Challenge $-39.76 updated 6-15-16
Alphabet Challenge
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #398
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Bugga, I'm going to use your measurements when I get my board. No sense reinventing the wheel! But you made me think...so I went back and brought out the box of envelopes I bought at Staples. They are called invitation envelopes but the measurements on the box say: 4 3/8" x 5 3/4"......next step, I measured an actual envelope and it is shorter on each side than those measurements! SO, I'm thinking that what I considered A2 envelopes are not true A2 envelopes. Maybe this is what is happening with others?
Great, Kathy. Happy to help.

But I think all of us COULD have reinvented the wheel in the time we've spent discussing this little gadget! And measuring.....

I just got out my box of purchased envies. They are Columbian Invitation size from Sam's Club. The measurements say 4-3/8 x 5-3/4, and I just measured one and they really are just that size.

And about the A2 size card, here is a link to the Paper Source: their A2 size folded notecard is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2, just like all us cardmakers know. We R Memory Keepers seem to be stuck on their definition of A2, and I guess we can't change their minds. But, we can make our envelopes fit our cards using their tool, and OUR measurements, lol.

A2 Folded Cards - Paper Source
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #399
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I normally feel the same way, but this tool is so amazingly fun and cool that I think those of us that love it are willing to overlook the little mistakes.
I feel exactly the same way, Gale.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #400
Insane Embellisher
 
Juble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 965
Default

For me, the off measurements aren't a deal breaker. It's actually one of the easier fixes for a problem, just do the math. I get how it annoys people though. They should have had we SCS'ers do a little test before full production. I know I'd have been glad to help them out!
__________________
Julie
Juble is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off