Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 278 Likes on 100 Posts
Talking "Enjoy Every Moment" stamps and new punch

In 2008, SU came out with a beautiful stamp set called "Enjoy Every Moment" that featured a cute journaling text circle surrounded by little flowers. It stayed in the catalog for 2009 and was in the 2009-2010 book. In the next book (2010-2011), SU retired the stamp set and put out a new punch: 2 3/4 scallop circle punch. It fits perfectly with the text circle/flowers stamp from this set.

{scratching head}

Why try to sell a set for 3 years without the punch? And why would they then retire the set and feature the punch that coordinates with it when the set is no longer available? If I were a demo, I would be ticked off about this.

But lucky for me, ebay is drowning in "Enjoy Every Moment" for cheap and my new punch arrived today. It works perfectly and I am a happy happy stamper!

Go figure.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scratching head???

They do a lot of things that I don't understand! The new IBC is supposed to have all of the coordinating punches listed with the stamp sets, but it doesn't take long to see that they have missed more than a few. And while I'm on the subject of I don't get it, let's talk about the fact that all of the punches are now the slim line type, but all stamp sets are not available in the new clear mount option. There are so many more that I would buy if that were the case. Why are there so few new dies? So much to understand and so little time!

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Kgeans, thanks for pointing that out! I love the Enjoy Every Moment set but hadn't played with it since the new big circle punches came out. I'm super excited to try it out now.

I'm guessing that the set wasn't selling as well lately and they figured they would make room for more new inventory. But at least you were able to find a good deal on Ebay for the stamp set!

Jutta - I'm with you, I'd love to see some new dies. Hopefully SU is working with Sizzix on some fun new stuff. I know that there are some cute new punches in the works.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

It's funny because when I originally considered buying the set, I took one look at that circle text/flowers stamp and said, "There is NO WAY I am going to cut that out every time. They've GOT to have a punch for that, right?" But they didn't. So I passed on buying the set. They really dropped the ball on this one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the info! I have the set but still need to order the punch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2010, 05:45 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
They do a lot of things that I don't understand! The new IBC is supposed to have all of the coordinating punches listed with the stamp sets, but it doesn't take long to see that they have missed more than a few. And while I'm on the subject of I don't get it, let's talk about the fact that all of the punches are now the slim line type, but all stamp sets are not available in the new clear mount option. There are so many more that I would buy if that were the case. Why are there so few new dies? So much to understand and so little time!

Jutta
The punches have all changes because SU doesn't make them, EK success does and they changed to the new design so SU had to change too.

SU does make their own stamps though and I think that they wanted to see how they sold or maybe they just didn't have the time to retro-fit all the old stamp sets to clear mount. You'll notice ALL of the new sets (minus single stamps and backgrounds...which we were told would only be offered in clear mount) are in either format. Within the next 1-2 catalogs I suspect the change over to be complete. I'm all for it too, I can buy way more stamps if they are cheaper right?:-)

As far as the dies, the majority of new ones seem to roll out in the mini catalogs and then carry over. All of the dies/BS items in the current Holiday Mini should be available even when the catalog expires and will make it in to the big catalog next year.

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

The next time you are on the phone with Shelly getting all the secret behind-the-scenes explanations for everything . . . ask her why SU doesn't sell blank craft stampin' spots. Oh and while you have her on the phone also ask her why SU no longer sells empty channel plastic boxes--those were great for storing wheel ink cartridges. Since you are in the know.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
The punches have all changes because SU doesn't make them, EK success does and they changed to the new design so SU had to change too.

SU does make their own stamps though and I think that they wanted to see how they sold or maybe they just didn't have the time to retro-fit all the old stamp sets to clear mount. You'll notice ALL of the new sets (minus single stamps and backgrounds...which we were told would only be offered in clear mount) are in either format. Within the next 1-2 catalogs I suspect the change over to be complete. I'm all for it too, I can buy way more stamps if they are cheaper right?:-)

As far as the dies, the majority of new ones seem to roll out in the mini catalogs and then carry over. All of the dies/BS items in the current Holiday Mini should be available even when the catalog expires and will make it in to the big catalog next year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Geez, sorry if I offended anyone by simply trying to help by offering my thoughts. I really wasn't trying to be a know it all, just to offer thoughts/suggestions. I thought that's what these boards are for. Again, sorry if anyone took my comments the wrong way, they were not meant to offend.

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just picked up this stamp set on the bay for $7.00. Brand new unmounted...sweeeeet...
I already have the punch so needed this set too.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Somewhere in the middle...closer to there, nearer to here...

Just recently bought this set used too...can't wait to get the punch. Thanks for sharing this idea.

My 182.5 day Photo Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh no! Now I want another stamp set! Lol. Yeah I have no idea why it was retired or a punch created earlier!

I cant wait until all stamp sets come out in CM, it just makes buying them so much cheaper plus more storage!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

See! The set is now dirt cheap -- it USED to be like $31.95. And then after it retired, everyone got rid of it. Now the cool punch is out and the set is going for a song! Get the word out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I just picked up this stamp set on the bay for $7.00. Brand new unmounted...sweeeeet...
I already have the punch so needed this set too.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes