Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #41
Rubber Obsessor

Default Bigz dies

Yes, it does and their support is very good.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:43 AM   #42
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampnnatter View Post
Yes it does.

Their website has a list of the makes of die which it works with here:

eBosser - Electric Embosser and Die Cutter | Craftwell

and you'll find a link to a platform chart which gives the sandwich for each. If you have a die which isn't mentioned there or in the Support (FAQs etc) page, click on 'Contact us' and email Craftwell support. I had to do that and they were very helpful.
Thank you for the answer. I had never even heard of it. I watched the video...very cool, no cranking!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #43
Glitter Queen

Default Magnetic sheet

I ought my machine second hand the lady who had it only cut 6 items on it and decided she was not using it enough.

The problem I have is that I have what seems to be the full set of mats but my magnetic piece is a plastic sheet. So how would I get a magnetic sheet and do I need one?

Also can I reverse cut, like on my GC I use the sand which cutting plate, card, die, base plate as I like to lie the die over the exact spot on my card. With the embosser its the other way around so the cutting plate is on the top.

I've had big problems with my cheery Lynn wedding vow die it usually take 2 passes through my GC but take 4 in the eBosser! I was hoping this would be a thing of the past as when I saw the demo they said the pressure was even spaced not like the GC.
if anyone could give me any advise that would be super. Thanks Pauline
Old 03-30-2013, 03:17 AM   #44
Rubber Obsessor

Default ebosser

Mine cuts pretty well. some machines have the e plate as plastic that seems to be what you have. As for the magnetic plate, mine got cut up because I cut some dies the wrong way. I put a register magenetic sheet from Lowes in its place, cut it to fit and it works well. REplaces the plastic plate which I don't have. I saw something recently that used an extra A plate which I will have to buy soon as mine is getting scratched badly.
The ebosser will not reverse unless it is jammed so you have to repeat putting the die through. Sometimes if you put it close to the right or left side it cuts better but I have been known to over cut with it and have to start from scratch.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:18 AM   #45
Rubber Obsessor

I also have had excellent response with their customer support.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #46
Cardstock Collector

A few people have commented that the ebosser is noisy. In comparison to the cricut, would you say it is louder than that?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #47
Rubber Obsessor

it is noisy but no more so than my cricut
Old 04-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #48
Glitter Queen

Thank you for the reply,
By reverse cut I ment cut backward with my plates. Eg in your GC you are suppose to cut base plate, die , paper and cutting plate.
Where by I alway go cutting mat, paper, die base plate on top. If you see what I mean.
The eBosser is the same but I've already cut into my base plate because I'm used to doing my sandwiches the other way around.
I will try a magnetic mat I have and see how long it lasts.lol

As for noise I don't find the eBosser to bad nobody has complained about it and I have a split house with two bedroom downstairs and my craftroom is not too far away and they have not said anything about the noise. The bigshot express is much worse and its about the same as a cricut.
It's much slower than both but I like that its slower than the bigshot as I found that a bit scary. I also like the hand free bit because I can just put it through and carry on with my project and come back when I am ready.

Thanks agin for th help
Old 04-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #49
Rubber Obsessor

It doesn't reverse cut but I've done the same thing. I need a new A plate soon.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #50
Crimping Master

I'm not really impressed here...does anyone LOVE it?

BLOG : The Papercraft Place

You Tube: kelley3684
Guest Designer for "Midnight Madness"
Old 04-03-2013, 03:59 AM   #51
Glitter Queen

Love it?
I bought mine second hand over here in the uk a new model would cost you $305 or 200 British pounds, I bought a nearly new model it had been used to cut 6 or so shapes and I paid 120 so I think I would be much less pleased if I paid the full amount.
I'm not jumping up and down in excitement there are a few flaws as far as I can see. Perhaps its trying to do too much? I don't like the amount of plates I need to put through the machine and they keep moving so I have to keep felines them and them my die moves.
I also get the sinking feeling that my cutting plate it starting to warp? Which means lining the plates is going to get harder and harder.

I think they are 80% there but there are still a few things I don't like, all in all it does help with my painful wrists so I will keep it for now.

Does this help?
Old 04-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #52
Rubber Obsessor

I'm with you. It is a Godsend with artritis but there are a few flaws. Love it yes, better than my Big shot but I still rely on it and my Grand Calibur for some things. The Spellbinders embossing folders almost have to go through the Grand Calibur. I am going on Craftwell's web site and ask about some sandwiches for some things because I don't want to jam it again in spite of the fact it backs stuff out.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #53
Cardstock Collector

Depending upon the die, there are times I need to add a shim of some type; it takes playing around to figure out what works with what die and paper just like I had to with the Big Shot and Grand Caliber. I just bought the Lifestyle Crafts Genius Plate that I use with my Big Shot in place of the clear plastic because it is self-healing and won't bend or warp and is magnetic. I am planning to use it with my eBosser too but haven't tried it yet.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #54
Glitter Queen

Thank you bella carta I'm going to check that out it might solve a few of the issues I have.

I've also decide to stick the two thickest layers together to stop them moving and see how that works ( just temporary so I can separate then if need be) as I'm fed up with it reversing out being my sandwhich is not straight.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #55
Cardstock Collector

I always put the two white blocks together, then my magnet plate, then the die (FACE UP), then the paper, and then the cutting plate. works every time. if I need a shim, I place it on top of the cutting plate; just make sure it's the same size as the plate so a shorter edge doesn't raise up and jam. good luck!
southislandhobbit likes this post.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #56
Rubber Obsessor

Default lifestyle plate

Where do you order that? My plates are on their last legs. I have thought about using the metal plate in the EBosser but am really careful about not jamming it even though it will back out most of the time.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #57
Pearl-ExPert

I use mine mostly for cutting and Love it. It will cut the most intricate dies.
I have a cuttlebug that I use for embossing folders.

Joan's Garden has a tutorial that I found very helpful.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #58
Rubber Obsessor

Do you have the url for Joan's garden? I have found some Cheery Lynn dies have to go through a couple of times before they are cut enough.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #59
Pearl-ExPert

Joan's Gardens | Paper crafting products for card making and scrapbooking.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #60
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for the url.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #61
Pearl-ExPert

You're very welcome.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #62
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom99 View Post
Thank you for the reply,
By reverse cut I meant cut backward with my plates. Eg in your GC you are suppose to cut base plate, die , paper and cutting plate.
Where by I always go cutting mat, paper, die base plate on top. If you see what I mean.
Hi Pauline,

I know exactly what you mean, because this is something I wanted to be able to do too. I emailed Craftwell support and the gist of their reply was that yes, it can be done, but I don't think they explained it very clearly, so I won't reproduce their reply here.

I did however find this video on YouTube yesterday, which shows how to do what you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMXXVFRknmc

I think there's an element of 'do this at your own risk' because the sandwich the lady uses doesn't appear to be endorsed by Craftwell. It does contain all the same plates as they listed in their response to me, just in a different order. Personally, I think it makes sense to keep the thin bendy plates in the middle with the thick plates top and bottom, because that shouldn't allow the thin plates so much scope for warping.

Hope this helps

Julie
sprtchick likes this post.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #63
Glitter Queen

Default P

Thank you Julie I will have a look at that video now. Anything that helps will be good. I won't beable o try it out for a while as my machine is being picked up for repair on Monday the connection where the leads goes into the machine has came loose.

Just another problem to worry about.

Sorry I ever parted with my money.

But thanks for the advice cause I really need to make this work for me I'm not coping with my GC and the pain in my wrists.

All the bet Pauline
Old 05-14-2013, 02:58 AM   #64
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Pauline - I hope you'll have success when you get your machine back. Just one additional comment; since my last post I spent some time trying out various sandwiches. While having a thick plate top and bottom might seem a good idea, in practice I found it didn't transmit enough pressure to cut anything but very simple dies, but when I reverted to the standard sandwich with the cutting plate on the top, it all came good.

That means though that I'm using it cautiously, because everyone says it will warp with use, so I flip the cutting plate over every so often to try and even out the wear.

I see that Cheery Lyn has an extended wear cutting plate for the eBosser. Has anyone tried this, and if so, what do you think about it?
Old 05-14-2013, 03:14 AM   #65
Rubber Obsessor

Default new plate

I am going to have to get one as I have been flipping mine constantly and it is pretty scratched. It warps but if I turn it over it straightens out again. I'll let you all know if I get one how it goes.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:18 AM   #66
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks, it's good to know that flipping it over straightens it. Replacements are not quickly obtainable here, so I either get one by special order locally or order online from the USA. However I think my plate should have a lot of extra mileage in it yet (my fault for not using the machine enough)
Old 05-14-2013, 04:04 AM   #67
Rubber Obsessor

I use mine constantly and so far have had pretty good luck. Some Cheery Lynn dies don't cut as well as I would like but most others do. I love some of the products sold in the United Kingdom but don't order as the postage would be prohibitive.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #68
Polyshrink Goddess

Cheery Lyn is US company, isn't it? If I get stuff from the UK, I generally shop at the Joanna Sheen site. She does free p&p for orders over 9, though some heavy items are not available outside the UK. If you're outside the EU you can get them to refund the VAT
Old 05-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #69
Rubber Obsessor

Cheery Lynn is a U.S. company. They make pretty intricate dies. By the way, my ebosser wouldn't take a Cottage Cutz die this am. fortunately it backed it out.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:19 AM   #70
Embossing Fanatic

Cool

I have had my ebosser for several months now, I use it all the time. I have still had no luck cutting sizzlets, and I tried a Texturz plate which it spat out, and no combination worked with that.
I am very interested in what people have said about the metal plates and the big Sizzix one might be good if I can find one and at a good price.

I am finding that the more intricate dies I have bought, like some of the new Spellbinders, are not cutting right the way through all the way round, the middle of the mat seems to be the worst place for this. I have to turn the die and send it through again, and I have wondered if I could use a metal mat to improve this.

Interestingly the retailer in the UK I got mine from demo's them at shows and advises people to cut face down against the white plates on the basis that the A plate warps in use and needs replacing more! I found this incredible, surely it is cheaper to replace the A plate!
I turn my A plate over frequently to prevent warping, any sign of warping turn it up the other way for a few cuts. Yes it gets scratched up, they all do.
Anyway the retailer advised trying different sandwiches and buying a second set of plates (well they would want you to spend more) to try more combinations to get the dies to cut. I would like to do this but the set of plates is a bit expensive. The retailer believes that the advice from the manufacturer is flawed and you can cut face down with no problems, I haven't taken this advice, except by accident when I put the die in upside down or forget!

I have cut through my magnetic mat, and taped it back together but it marks the card on that section even if the die isn't on it. So, unable to buy replacements which are always out of stock it seems, I bought a couple of different pvc magnetic sheets at a show, I found the vinyl backed one worked but got distorted after a few uses, but I found some that isn't vinyl backed and that seems to be fine.

Another thing I wanted to do was use my Spellbinders to just emboss and not cut, I saw this on a video some time back, however no matter what I tried the die cut through (it would when you don't want it to). I tried with just the embossing mat, I took out the magnetic mat, then the thin plate, in the end it was not enough to do anything, but it either cut or did nothing.

So I keep my Bigshot for when I want to use my Sizzlets or use something that the eBosser won't take.

Overall:
This was a replacement for the 3rd Vagabond to break.
It is bigger, you can cut bigger dies or more dies.
You can leave it to cut, totally hands free no button to press.
If it jams you can unjam it with a rubber mallet.
Won't cut Sizzlets properly - even though they are on the list.
Won't take Texturz
Won't emboss with Spellbinders without cutting.
It takes all the thick dies up to Bigz just fine.
There isn't a better electronic die cutter out there that I am aware of despite any shortcomings, and it is better if you have wrist problems or athritis.
Might be better with an extra set of plates, (more expense), and possibly a metal mat.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:42 AM   #71
Embossing Fanatic

I just found out that Craftwell make an ebosser metal plate, perfect! Unlike other metal plates which it seems you put under the back of the die, not cut against it, the ebosser one goes between the A plate and your material, so you cut against it.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:56 AM   #72
Rubber Obsessor

That metal plate would be a Godsend. I tried a die this am from Cottage Kutz and it wouldn't go through. In the Big Shot I had to use a shim to get it to cut all the way through. In addition, you would have to run it through four to five times to get the separate parts the color they should be. Catails, boat, water lily pad , and waterlily. Otherwise you could cut it in white and color it. With arthritis and the amount of cutting I'm doing for teaching the Craftwell is the ticket for most things. The above mentioned die I don't think I'd teach as it is terribly complicated and you end up with a collage, nice but time consuming.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:57 AM   #73
Polyshrink Goddess

Maybe they developed the metal plate in response to all the problems which people have been having getting consistent cuts from the eBosser. I'd be interested in one of those too, must go and look at their website. Is that where you saw it?
Old 05-16-2013, 03:51 AM   #74
Rubber Obsessor

I tried the website and couldn't find it. I would also have to know the sandwich it should be used with. If anyone finds out where you can get it let me know.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #75
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampnnatter View Post
Maybe they developed the metal plate in response to all the problems which people have been having getting consistent cuts from the eBosser. I'd be interested in one of those too, must go and look at their website. Is that where you saw it?
I was googling metal plates and found it on Crafters Companion in the UK but it must be available in the USA.
Search results for metal plate

It is called the
eBosser Metal Adaptor Plate by Craftwell and the sandwich is described as:

Use the Metal Adaptor Plate with the eBosser embosser and die-cutter to easily cut multiple layers of fabric using thin metal cutting dies. This is perfect for quilters, sewers and mixed media crafters.
Note: The ability to cut multiple layers of fabric in one pass will vary depending on fabric type.
Instructions for use with thin metal cutting dies:
Platform A (Top)
Metal PlateFabric
Thin metal cutting die
Platform C
Platform B
Platform D (Bottom)
Size: 12" x 8.5"
Old 06-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #76
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up thanks

I have enjoyed reading this thread and am about to buy the ebosser. It is a birthday present from hubby. I am in France but the best price I have found for it including postage is Jacobi in Holland. While I am ordering the machine I thought I would get an extra A plate and also the thin metal plate.

They also sell a pack of two b plates but can't think what these would be for ? is it worth getting ?

hugs from France,
Joanne
Old 06-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #77
Stazon Splitcoast

I just placed another order for several of these machines. I am going to keep one and give it a try. I have arthritis in both wrists and 4 ruptured disks just above thr shoulder blades so I am praying this helps me cut my dies.
Blessings
Old 06-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #78
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboyd View Post
Cheery Lynn is a U.S. company. They make pretty intricate dies. By the way, my ebosser wouldn't take a Cottage Cutz die this am. fortunately it backed it out.
I cant see why yours wouldnt take a CottageCutz as mine does and cuts them awesome!!! I will have to share a video on this

Hugs!!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #79
Cardstock Collector

Default ISO ebosser

If anyone is interested in selling their ebosser, I am looking to buy one. My email is smbs205@yahoo.com.

thanks
Old 07-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #80
Embossing Fanatic

Latest problems, ebosser wouldn't cut chipboard or funky foam with Sizzix bigz dies. Sizzix Bigz die Accordion Album is just too long for the plates, these dies are longer than the plates but so far the die cut area has fitted the plates, not with this die!
I bought a new A4 size embossing folder by Crafts Too, tried it today - ebosser will not take it, sulked and turned itself off, jamming then eventually started reversing. If anyone has a solution to these problems, using extra platforms, please let me know.