Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 11-07-2015, 03:50 PM   #4081
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to Jan R

You really need a C plate, I use mine all the time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Allistamps123 and lovetostamp3 like this post.
Unread 11-08-2015, 04:40 AM   #4082
Insane Embellisher

I say why take a chance of not having it when you find a project you need it for. Sometimes I think getting all the accessories is an advantage especially with the die cut machines. At least you'll know that no matter what die you buy or want to use, you have everything you need to use that die.

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Unread 11-08-2015, 09:53 AM   #4083
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for the help, ladies! I'm really excited about getting a Cuddlebug!
Unread 01-06-2016, 02:21 AM   #4084
Cardstock Collector

Lots, just Google and put .ca at the end of your search term. Might even want to zero in on your area so that you can go in person. Always more fun!
Unread 01-06-2016, 02:24 AM   #4085
Cardstock Collector

Usually all the plates come with the machine. You will need all.
KSStammper likes this post.
Unread 01-06-2016, 04:26 AM   #4086
Pearl-ExPert

Just a side note for those who use the fun foam, Did y'all know that you can also use your dies with the fun foam? Also, if you buy the 1/16" thickness you could probably use it in your embossing folders.
Unread 05-14-2016, 04:21 AM   #4087
Compulsive Stamper

I have the original cuttlebug, purchased about a year after it came out. I don't recall if it came with the plates, but I am thinking it did. I have only used it a handful of times because the dies never cut good and clean. My A plate is cricut green, and one side is 'honeycomb' design with the actual holes. I cut out and taped the instruction that was with that specific plate that says "other side up" and it has a pic of the honeycomb side. I have never seen this plate on any You Tube videos I have watched. I also have 2 B plates and 1 C plate. Then, for some reason (I guess I thought I'd get a lot of use out of it), I did purchase a pack of 2 B plates, and an additional A plate about the same time. They have never been opened. I had gift cards and thought I might as well get everything I needed. Seems to me a customer at Michaels told me she had to replace her plates quite often because a few broke, and they warped. Anyway, I have a card pen pal in California who creates these gorgeous cards and uses her cuttlebug along with punches. I have been trying to use my cuttlebug lately, but just can't seem to get it right. I recently purchased the rubber mat for the cuttlebug, and it's still in the package. Big Lots had a huge sale on the embossing folders and matching die cuts many many years agi, and I purchased several (Mickey, Christmas tree, golf set) and when I tried to cut, they left deep cut images on my B and C plates. They were all Provo Craft sets too. I love to watch Dawn's videos and she uses her Big Shot - makes die cutting look so simple. I have to go back to You Tube and see what I am doing wrong. To top all that off, on HSN craft day a couple of weeks ago, I ordered the Tiny Tags and Little Labels Die Cuts (9)with the matching Tiny Tags and Little Labels Greeting Stamps (2 from Paper Wishes. I am hoping to be able to figure out the cuttlebug so I can use these for my cards. In a nut shell, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong that my plates have the cuts in them after only using them a few times? Thanks so much !!
buggainok likes this post.
Unread 05-14-2016, 05:00 AM   #4088
Kookie Creator

Default Cuttlebug plates scratched

I have a cuttlebug, and when I die cut anything, the top plate gets scratched. My sandwich is A on the bottom, then C, then the die cutting side face up, the paper, then a B plate. I usually use washi tape to hold the die and paper together on the C plate. I have B plates exclusively for cutting and another set for embossing. I have not used the rubber mat for embossing after cutting, although it came with some Anna Griffin dies and folders. It sounds to me that you are having the same fear we all had after seeing our plates scratched after die cutting. Between that sight and the crackling sound made, it makes you wonder!
caterinafmig likes this post.
Unread 05-14-2016, 06:08 AM   #4089
Embossing Fanatic

I have same solution as ciocidi. My top plate B has been used for years and years and is thoroughly scratched. When it gets bent a bit, I just turn it over for awhile
caterinafmig likes this post.
Unread 05-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #4090
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac4551 View Post
I have the original cuttlebug, purchased about a year after it came out. I don't recall if it came with the plates, but I am thinking it did. I have only used it a handful of times because the dies never cut good and clean. My A plate is cricut green, and one side is 'honeycomb' design with the actual holes. I cut out and taped the instruction that was with that specific plate that says "other side up" and it has a pic of the honeycomb side. I have never seen this plate on any You Tube videos I have watched. I also have 2 B plates and 1 C plate. Then, for some reason (I guess I thought I'd get a lot of use out of it), I did purchase a pack of 2 B plates, and an additional A plate about the same time. They have never been opened. I had gift cards and thought I might as well get everything I needed. Seems to me a customer at Michaels told me she had to replace her plates quite often because a few broke, and they warped. Anyway, I have a card pen pal in California who creates these gorgeous cards and uses her cuttlebug along with punches. I have been trying to use my cuttlebug lately, but just can't seem to get it right. I recently purchased the rubber mat for the cuttlebug, and it's still in the package. Big Lots had a huge sale on the embossing folders and matching die cuts many many years agi, and I purchased several (Mickey, Christmas tree, golf set) and when I tried to cut, they left deep cut images on my B and C plates. They were all Provo Craft sets too. I love to watch Dawn's videos and she uses her Big Shot - makes die cutting look so simple. I have to go back to You Tube and see what I am doing wrong. To top all that off, on HSN craft day a couple of weeks ago, I ordered the Tiny Tags and Little Labels Die Cuts (9)with the matching Tiny Tags and Little Labels Greeting Stamps (2 from Paper Wishes. I am hoping to be able to figure out the cuttlebug so I can use these for my cards. In a nut shell, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong that my plates have the cuts in them after only using them a few times? Thanks so much !!
I also got my Cuttlebug years ago when they first came out. Mine is still going strong, and I use it on almost every card I make, either with an embossing folder, or to make die cuts.

Maybe when you first got it, the dies were the original Cuttlebug dies, which didn't really work all that well. The newer dies are steel and cut cleanly.

Don't worry about your plates getting cuts and nicks and looking bad, even warped. They will still work just fine for a long time. I've only replaced my cutting plates once in all these years! If they get a little warped, you can just flip them the other way, and they will straighten out.

The sandwich I use for embossing is A plate first (thickest plate) then B plate, then embossing folder with paper inside, then the other B plate.

For cutting dies, I do it a little different than some, because I like to use my die face down, with the cutting side toward the paper, so I can center my image inside. So to cut, A plate, B plate, paper, die (cutting side down) then the C plate. I cut into my B plate because they are easier to find and replace than the C plate on top.

Good luck. Once you get the hang of it, you will love using your Cuttlebug. And it does make funny, cracking sounds sometimes, but that's normal.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Unread 05-15-2016, 07:43 AM   #4091
Pearl-ExPert

Mac4551, these shots show my 'B' plate- just so you know what it can end up looking like, and still work fine!

buggainok, HOBBYSUE and Ddnana like this post.
Unread 05-16-2016, 04:40 AM   #4092
Insane Embellisher

Shaz had to laugh........we all have plates that look like that. I have the Cuttlebug and Big Shot and all my plates look like that and have a bit of a warp. mac4551....just follow the above mentioned sandwich suggestions and all should be fine. There will be creeking and crackling noises and yes cuts in the plates after first pass through. There will be warping and times the handle will be difficult to crank but these machines are powerful and not as fragile as we all think when we first started using them. Once you get started you will love it! I watch Dawn's videos too and it really is that simple just put a little muscle into the cranking! LOL

Ddnana likes this post.
Unread 05-19-2016, 03:24 AM   #4093
Glitter Queen

My plates look like that...scratched and mine are warped, but they still work. They also creek and crack when going through the machine. I also put a little tape on the outside of the die and the extra paper to keep it from moving around. I do like Bugga's suggestion, may have to try it.
Unread 05-19-2016, 07:06 PM   #4094
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to Jan R

My plates all look like that too. When I first got my Bug I was horrified that the first die I used left marks on the plates! LOL. I have successfully flattened out B plates in the oven too when they get really warped. Also when I need new plates I go to an Acrylic place and get them cut, half the price of buying from a store.
Unread 05-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #4095
Die Cut Diva

Would someone happen to know the sandwich used with the Cuttlebug and the Next Level Embossing Folders? Thanks
Unread 05-27-2016, 08:48 AM   #4096
Pearl-ExPert

I'd love to hear from experienced Cuttlebuggers to find out if what I do is asking for trouble. I've had my Cuttlebug for a few months and love it, but don't want to die cut dumbly.

Besides an A and B's, I have the C and a metal plate. When using a a die I don't quickly see on a chart or if I don't feel like searching, I just try a standard sandwich.

If it starts to go through too easily, I swap a B for a C, or add the metal plate if it almost feels right. If it feels too tight I stop before forcing it and try a less thick sandwich.

Also, I noticed some people put the same plates in their sandwich, but have them in a different order, or have the die facing up versus down. I'm curious if there's a reason beyond habit.

Beth
Unread 05-27-2016, 09:19 AM   #4097
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeans View Post
I'd love to hear from experienced Cuttlebuggers to find out if what I do is asking for trouble. I've had my Cuttlebug for a few months and love it, but don't want to die cut dumbly.

Besides an A and B's, I have the C and a metal plate. When using a a die I don't quickly see on a chart or if I don't feel like searching, I just try a standard sandwich.

If it starts to go through too easily, I swap a B for a C, or add the metal plate if it almost feels right. If it feels too tight I stop before forcing it and try a less thick sandwich.

Also, I noticed some people put the same plates in their sandwich, but have them in a different order, or have the die facing up versus down. I'm curious if there's a reason beyond habit.

Beth
I've had my Cuttlebug for years and years and use it often. I've gotten to know it well.

I mostly use it for die cutting, and with embossing folders. For die cutting, I use the standard sandwich, B plate and C Plate. I put my B plate on the bottom, and then my paper, then the die, facing down, and then the C plate on top.

I use my dies facing down on top of the cardstock because I am usually placing the die around an image or sentiment, and I want to be able to see what I'm doing.

I put the B plate on the bottom, so it is the one that gets cut into. The B plates cost less than the C plate, so if I need to replace it because of cut marks, it's cheaper to get another B plate than a C. Plus the B plates come in a pack of two.

For embossing, I just use both B plates with the folder in between.

I don't have any really intricate dies, so I don't have a metal plate.

My B plates get pretty scarred with lots of use, but it doesn't seem to affect how they work. I usually cut into the same one. When I use both B plates to emboss, using a scarred plate doesn't affect the embossing. I flip the B plate over from time to time, so it doesn't get too "bowed".

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

Last edited by buggainok; 05-27-2016 at 09:24 AM..
bjeans likes this post.
Unread 05-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #4098
Hardware Hotshot

I have an 8 year old Cuttlebug with the original solid hard white A plate. I understand some later models came with a green honeycomb A plate with open holes

I use the sandwich from the bottom up of :
B plate (top)
CS
die CUT RIDGES UP
C plate
A plate.(bottom)

I never have a problem cutting any dies including intricute Spellbinder dies .
Occasionally I need to use a couple of CS shims but I don't use a metal shim.
I always cut into my B plate because the C plates are hard to find

I am no engineer but this is my logic

The solid White A plate is harder acrylic then the B or C acrylic plates . When the A plate is on the bottom it is "PUSHING' on the die and forcing the cut ridges into the card stock . The A plate is hard and solid and Doesn't allow the C plate to flex or give .

If you use a sandwich of A-B-CS-Die ridges down-C then the plate pushing on the die is a C plate which is softer and has more give

It is easier to push the knife into an apple that to try to push the apple onto a knife . The Apple is softer than the knife

When I need to line up a die over an image ( Which would be cut ridges down) I put the die over the image on the CS that is sitting on the B plate , tape it down and turn it over so I still have the die cutting ridges up .

Is your head spinning after reading this ?

BTW the principal of the metal shim is that it is placed "behind " the die on the flat part to force the cut ridges into the card stock . The Metal shim is firm and has no give .
Barbara

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 05-27-2016 at 10:29 AM..
bjeans likes this post.
Unread 05-27-2016, 12:27 PM   #4099
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
I have an 8 year old Cuttlebug with the original solid hard white A plate. I understand some later models came with a green honeycomb A plate with open holes

I use the sandwich from the bottom up of :
B plate (top)
CS
die CUT RIDGES UP
C plate
A plate.(bottom)

I never have a problem cutting any dies including intricute Spellbinder dies .
Occasionally I need to use a couple of CS shims but I don't use a metal shim.
I always cut into my B plate because the C plates are hard to find

I am no engineer but this is my logic

The solid White A plate is harder acrylic then the B or C acrylic plates . When the A plate is on the bottom it is "PUSHING' on the die and forcing the cut ridges into the card stock . The A plate is hard and solid and Doesn't allow the C plate to flex or give .

If you use a sandwich of A-B-CS-Die ridges down-C then the plate pushing on the die is a C plate which is softer and has more give

It is easier to push the knife into an apple that to try to push the apple onto a knife . The Apple is softer than the knife

When I need to line up a die over an image ( Which would be cut ridges down) I put the die over the image on the CS that is sitting on the B plate , tape it down and turn it over so I still have the die cutting ridges up .

Is your head spinning after reading this ?

BTW the principal of the metal shim is that it is placed "behind " the die on the flat part to force the cut ridges into the card stock . The Metal shim is firm and has no give .
Barbara
I'll consider the head-spinning aerobic, Barbara. When I actually moved to the Cuttlebug, it all made perfect sense.

I had watched a video from a company that makes a metal shim (Cheery Lynn), and he put the metal shim in the same position you suggested. It's flexible - so maybe that bit of give helps push dies with intricate cuts into the paper.

He also demonstrated shimming with strips of CS so the shim is only where the die is, not to the left or right of it - which makes sense. And a few minutes ago I opened a die by Die-namics. The package shows sandwiches for different machines, and the one they show, nicely color coded, is yours.

I remember things better when I understand the rationale, so thank you very much for the logic and apple-knife analogy. Now I want an apple.
Unread 05-27-2016, 12:31 PM   #4100
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I've had my Cuttlebug for years and years and use it often. I've gotten to know it well.

I mostly use it for die cutting, and with embossing folders. For die cutting, I use the standard sandwich, B plate and C Plate. I put my B plate on the bottom, and then my paper, then the die, facing down, and then the C plate on top.

I use my dies facing down on top of the cardstock because I am usually placing the die around an image or sentiment, and I want to be able to see what I'm doing.

I put the B plate on the bottom, so it is the one that gets cut into. The B plates cost less than the C plate, so if I need to replace it because of cut marks, it's cheaper to get another B plate than a C. Plus the B plates come in a pack of two.

For embossing, I just use both B plates with the folder in between.

I don't have any really intricate dies, so I don't have a metal plate.

My B plates get pretty scarred with lots of use, but it doesn't seem to affect how they work. I usually cut into the same one. When I use both B plates to emboss, using a scarred plate doesn't affect the embossing. I flip the B plate over from time to time, so it doesn't get too "bowed".
Good point about keeping the C plate away from the die. I had not always done that but certainly will from now on!

And I'm glad you said to flip the B plate; one of mine is already getting a little bowed.

The first time I scarred a plate I was sure I had done something wrong! : )

Thank you for helping me!

Beth
buggainok and Bohodiva like this post.
Unread 05-27-2016, 03:23 PM   #4101
Hardware Hotshot

I suspect this principal of cutting with cut ridges up is true for the Grand Calibur too. There are separate base and cutting plates which are probably made of different material with the base plate being harder so it can push the cut ridges into the card stock .

If they were of the same material they would just give you two of the same plates and tell you to use one for the base and one for cutting and cut with ridges up or down .

I don't know if it makes a difference using the Big Shot since both plates are identical and neither is designated as base or cutting plate .

Barbara
Unread 05-27-2016, 04:36 PM   #4102
Pearl-ExPert

That makes sense (about have plates made of different materials).

I just made 20+ die cuts from several different companies' dies, and having a system based on logic instead of "well, this works" made the process nicer. I couldn't die cut chipboard, but the chipboard I purchased is labeled medium thickness, and I think it's just too thick to be cut. I tried several different sandwiches without forcing it, and do go back and forth a couple times.
Unread 01-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #4103
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
You can order the different plates from Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores ? Shop online | Jo-Ann You can use the Memory dies, Sizzix dies, Spellbinders and most any other dies, you will just have to play around with the sandwhich.
My Cuttlebug is well over 10yrs old and I just order replacement B plates
from aCherryontop.com they were on sale 30% off.
I only need to replace on bowed B plate so I have a backup for a later.
They're having a 20% off sale now...
A Cherry on Top: The World's Largest Selection of Craft Supplies
Unread 04-16-2017, 04:56 AM   #4104
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaCWinston View Post
I have a Cuttlebug that needs a new home. I have A, 2-B, a C and magnetic plates for it. I just do not use it. If you are looking to get one at a steal, let me know.
I hope you find it a good home but may I make a suggestion? Cuttlebugs are heavy and shipping will probably be high. By the time a person pays for unit and adds shipping they may have been able to get one brand new on ebay or Amazon with free shipping. Maybe check out local garage sale sites on Facebook for your area. There, a person can just arrange to pick it up. Just another idea for you to consider. But who knows.....someone on this site may also be local and would LOVE your cuttlebug. They are great little machines!

Unread 06-12-2017, 02:39 PM   #4105
Pearl-ExPert

I love my Cuttlebug and generally have no problems, but have been fighting with several dies that cover an entire A2 card or that are large oddly shaped rectangles.

I've been trying these out with 80 lb. Neenah Classic Crest CS. With thicker CS it's much worse.

I finally got two to cut but used way too much force, and one not yet. I have two Cuttlebugs and tried with both, used new B plates, the flexible metal shim, CS shims just in the problem areas, die cutting up (my norm) and down. I also turned the die so it went through narrow end and wider end first.

These are three of the four dies I've been fighting with:

https://altenew.com/products/layered-plaid-cover-die-b - finally got this one to work and made several cards but used too much force. Sandwich (from bottom):
A, C, Metal Shim, Die, CS, B

https://altenew.com/products/layered-plaid-cover-die-a - tiniest and narrowest middle pieces are the problem, just not cutting through. Since the CS was well stuck to the die, once I even shimmed the problem areas and put it back through wide end first. More pieces came out but not all. In case it matters, the narrowest pieces are 1/16th inch wide.

Die-namics Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX - finally got it with too much force and the metal shim.

Of course these are now my favorite dies.

One person told me the 'bugs just don't have the pressure that Big Shots do. I'd never heard that and hope it's not so. Part of the reason I love the bug is that because of its size it can sit on the corner of my computer desk (not craft table).

Any advice from Cuttlebug gurus?

Last edited by bjeans; 06-12-2017 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: SCS Chrome problem - removed tons of extra spaces
Unread 06-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #4106
Pearl-ExPert

To add to the above post, I just got Concord & 9th's "Double Cut Alphabet Dies" and hadn't separated the letters yet. Used as one die it's about 5-3/4 x 3-3/4 so tried it with a standard stack: A, C, die, CS, B. A swath through the center didn't cut all the way through. Adding the flexible metal shim, everything cut perfectly. Adding a second piece of CS, a few letters didn't get cut all the way. (I flipped the B plate and tried twice.)

I guess the point is that when something doesn't work, there's always been a fix - in this case the Cheery Lynn metal plate.

And I do move small dies around so they're not always in the center of a plate.
Unread 06-14-2017, 07:01 AM   #4107
Compulsive Stamper

Bjeans--when I have a big die that won't cut all the way through in certain parts, I put a strip of washi or post-it tape on the back where it's not cutting. Sort of a spot shim.
hultenlk likes this post.
Unread 06-14-2017, 09:36 AM   #4108
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeans View Post
To add to the above post, I just got Concord & 9th's "Double Cut Alphabet Dies" and hadn't separated the letters yet. Used as one die it's about 5-3/4 x 3-3/4 so tried it with a standard stack: A, C, die, CS, B. A swath through the center didn't cut all the way through. Adding the flexible metal shim, everything cut perfectly. Adding a second piece of CS, a few letters didn't get cut all the way. (I flipped the B plate and tried twice.)

I guess the point is that when something doesn't work, there's always been a fix - in this case the Cheery Lynn metal plate.

And I do move small dies around so they're not always in the center of a plate.
I had found that with dies that I have had trouble with I just use the magnetic cuttlebug plate. My sandwich is A plate, magnetic plate, B plate, die ut side up, paper, and B plate. I have not had any problems when using the magnetic plate. I no longer use a regular metal plate since I was still having trouble with intricate dies even when using a metal plate. Now it's my Magnetic plate that I can't live without!

Unread 06-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #4109
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by buteo View Post
Bjeans--when I have a big die that won't cut all the way through in certain parts, I put a strip of washi or post-it tape on the back where it's not cutting. Sort of a spot shim.
Thanks, buteo. (I often see two types of buteos in our yard. )

I shim specific difficult area too, but have a feeling I'm doing it differently than you do. You're putting your tapes on the back of the die?
Unread 06-14-2017, 12:09 PM   #4110
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBYSUE View Post
I had found that with dies that I have had trouble with I just use the magnetic cuttlebug plate. My sandwich is A plate, magnetic plate, B plate, die ut side up, paper, and B plate. I have not had any problems when using the magnetic plate. I no longer use a regular metal plate since I was still having trouble with intricate dies even when using a metal plate. Now it's my Magnetic plate that I can't live without!
Oh - you just reminded me I have the magnetic cuttlebug plate and have never used it! I'll have to try it, thank you. Why do you think it works?

I've loved the flexible metal plate for truly intricate dies. It's just these new full coverage dies or certain large frame type dies (but not others) are suddenly giving me grief.
Unread 06-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #4111
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBYSUE View Post
I tried it - the problem areas still wouldn't cut all the way through, and I was using a lot of force for the one die - it's an entirely solid plate with cutting grooves on top so heavier/thicker, perhaps, than others.

So I tried it adding washi strips on the back of the CS over the two problem areas and it worked. It just took force, which I don't think is the best for the Cuttlebug or my arm. but I got a couple of good die cuts.

Thanks again.
Unread 06-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #4112
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by buteo View Post
I tried that and still no go, but then used your washi idea with the magnetic plate and it cut. It took brute force though.

I also turned it sideways for a second run through.

I love full-coverage geometric background dies and hope this isn't the norm.

Thanks again.
Unread 07-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #4113
Pearl-ExPert

Just an update. I brought two of the problem dies to an LSS so the owner could try them out in both her Big Shot and newish Big Shot Plus. She tried them a a variety of ways. Same problems that I have in the same places on the dies. To make them work you have to force them.

I feel vindicated, but maybe a little disappointed too. If the Big Shot had worked well, then full coverage dies of a certain type might not be best for the Cuttlebug, and I'd invest in a Big Shot. But that wasn't the case.

BTW, I do have a couple of other full coverage dies, one from MFT, and it works well. Thanks for trying to help; I emailed Altenew.