Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #241
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

Anyone know the size of the Olivia alphabet?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:49 AM   #242
Polyshrink Goddess

Default broke a plate B

i think all cuttlebugs are not created equal (as it was said on this thread).....i got the Fiskars templates and tried using the 3 suggestions in the sandwich stack....and one B plate cracked. it is still together but barely....and i did have a replacment set....but i was bummed. Took the fiskars stuff back this am and then readn another thread.

i should have waited and tried again !! but with gas as high as it is, not wanting to snap another B and needing to go right past Joanns this am i just returned it.

now i want to try all over again......

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Old 04-18-2007, 02:36 AM   #243
Kookie Creator

Todays the day, I am goin in. Yep, to the big city for my new cuttlebug. I am armed and dangerous with all the info Amy has given here. And I have my cheat sheet from Cat so I know what and how to stack the little bugger. I am so excited this is my Birthday spree and I will be going to Hobby Lobby, Micheals with my coupon and I already have the speech ready thanks to all of you if they wanna give me any trouble and then to JoAnns. Can you hear those cash registers singin. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for so much info. How cool is it to know so much about a product before you get it. I can't wait to play.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:12 AM   #244
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyL2648
Anyone know the size of the Olivia alphabet?
Sorry, I meant to get back to you on this earlier. Olivia has different sizes, but the largest are about 1 inch tall, and the smallest about 5/8" or 3/4" tall. The width varies too, between about 5/8" and 1 1/4" (like for the big M).
Old 04-18-2007, 06:16 AM   #245
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL Knock 'em dead! That sounds like so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menda
Todays the day, I am goin in. Yep, to the big city for my new cuttlebug. I am armed and dangerous with all the info Amy has given here. And I have my cheat sheet from Cat so I know what and how to stack the little bugger. I am so excited this is my Birthday spree and I will be going to Hobby Lobby, Micheals with my coupon and I already have the speech ready thanks to all of you if they wanna give me any trouble and then to JoAnns. Can you hear those cash registers singin. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for so much info. How cool is it to know so much about a product before you get it. I can't wait to play.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:51 AM   #246
Kookie Creator

I just ordered my Cuttlebug and canīt wait to get it! Iīm looking thru all sort of online stores looking for dies and embossing folders, and a question popped in my mind:
What is the size of paper you can emboss? Can you put a card front threw the bug, is it big enough for that? Or do you emboss and then cut the piece to use in a card? It seems all the dies are rather small, alphabets and sorts (I scrap more than do cards) so thatīs why I wonder about the embossing folders
Old 04-19-2007, 05:37 AM   #247
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, the Bug is big enough to put a card front through. Sometimes that's what you want, and sometimes you want to cut just a piece. Some of the embossing folders are not *quite* cardfront size, but most are.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #248
Kookie Creator

Ok so I am here just to vent then I am off to get my girls from school. I just got new B plates on March 15 and one cracked today. I called Provo Craft and the young girl told me after I was put on hold that they are only suppose to last about a month with use. I am NOT a happy camper right now. ok I am off to get my girls at school. Hopefully I will feel better when I get back.
thanks for reading.
Tina

it's gonna be a good day tater! ~ Ron White
Old 04-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #249
Glitter Queen

I did it...i just bought a Bug! Got it for $40 a Michaels, using the JoAnns 50% off coupon. You don't know how long I have contemplated buying this thing! Now I need folders. Off tomorrow to JoAnns to get some Fiskars and give it a go. Will get Bug stuff next weekend! I hope all of the hype will be true to form. ; )
Old 04-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #250
Kookie Creator

no hype! you will fall in love with it just like we have. I don't have the fiskar ones but the bug embossing folders leave such a clean and crisp impression! have fun !!!

it's gonna be a good day tater! ~ Ron White
Old 04-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #251
Glitter Queen

Update...i love both the fiskars and the bug folders...thanks for the sandwich directions for the fiskars...works like a charm...going to get another fiskars set tomorrow!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #252
Watercolor Wizard

Stinky...What did you make your Fiskars Sandwich out of? LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY
Update...i love both the fiskars and the bug folders...thanks for the sandwich directions for the fiskars...works like a charm...going to get another fiskars set tomorrow!
Psa. 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:29 AM   #253
Matboard Maniac

Thank you! I can't wait to buy a cuttlebug.
http://lyricalstamper.blogspot.com/
Old 04-22-2007, 07:57 AM   #254
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanerme
Stinky...What did you make your Fiskars Sandwich out of? LM
I used the last stack rule in the CuttleBug Sandwich Stack Rules found on this site. I bought a rubber gasket 6"X6" , 1/16" thick. It works great! Going back to Michaeals get another Fiskars set.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:42 AM   #255
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysings
Yes, lots of people have run into this problem. In this case, it pays to make a bit of a scene. Ask for the manager; ask to have the district manager called. In fact, their computers are programmed as to whether the coupon will work on individual items. In all cases, the computers have accepted coupons on Cuttlebug items. If you can just suggest that they try to see if the computer will accept it, you should get your discount!

Joann's *stores* will take the coupons. But Joann.com will not. Makes no sense, but there it is!

Happy Cuttling!
Thanx for all the info - will be checking it out!!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #256
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to Simbas Person

i know this question has probably been asked 873 times in this post already but i really can't read thru 6 pages of replies (i'm sorry!!)
do the cuttlebug dies work in the smaller sizzix?? i have the small sizzix and want to do the stuff the cuttlebug does but don't know if i want to spend the money on another thing to clog up my stamping area...
thanks in advance!!
Terri

Visit my Blog!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #257
Insane Embellisher

I have another question that I hope hasn't been answered already. Does anyone know if Hobby Lobby sells the CB yet? Last I heard they were in the storerooms but not on the floors. Somebody speculated they are waiting until they get the coupons amended to exclude them.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:44 PM   #258
Matboard Maniac

OK, I tried the Fiskar's plates using the rubber gasket and found I had to use the B plate on top instead of the C plate... I tried to follow Cat's rules, but too thick! Did anyone else have that problem? Also, the cuttlebug em. folder images are much cleaner and clearer than Fiskars... perhaps because that was they were made for!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:08 PM   #259
Watercolor Wizard

What size is the Rubbler Gasket you used? The Posters on this thread said they used the 1/16" and it worked. The first package of Plumber's Gasket I found was 3/16", so I had to keep searching other stores until I found the 1/16". Hope this helps! LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsparker
OK, I tried the Fiskar's plates using the rubber gasket and found I had to use the B plate on top instead of the C plate... I tried to follow Cat's rules, but too thick! Did anyone else have that problem? Also, the cuttlebug em. folder images are much cleaner and clearer than Fiskars... perhaps because that was they were made for!
Psa. 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #260
Mad Swapper

I've seen this question asked on other CB posts, and I've emailed Provo Craftand haven't received an answer yet, so thought I would add it here, too, and see if anyone knows the answer.

How do you use the corner photo die? Anyone else reading these posts have one? I just can't figure it out!

TIA for any help!
Kathy
Old 04-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #261
Stazon Splitcoast

I couldn't see it either, so I didn't buy that one. Sorry! This might be a good question to pose on the provocraft blog. I've never received any response from emailing the company, I've had to call.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:11 AM   #262
Mad Swapper

Provo Craft called me just a few minutes ago. Here's the answer to the corner die dilemma.

The corner die is supposed to cut two pieces. One with a big V in it, and the other is just a rectangle with 2 slits in it.

The one with the V in it is supposed to be folded in half right in the middle of the V. Then use the slits to slide your picture, cardstock, whatever into.

The rectangle should be folded on the slits to form a triangle. Slide your paper, etc. into the triangle.

Hope these instructions are clear. Finally I can put this puzzle together!

Kathy
Old 04-27-2007, 02:43 PM   #263
Rubber Obsessor

This thread has been so helpful! I ordered my cuttlebug three days ago online.

I haven't seen it in Hobby Lobby (and we have a lovely new one that I've been to, ahem, three or maybe four times now...in two weeks...) but I'm going to remember to ask tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #264
Compulsive Stamper

Today I bought the rubber gasket from home depot it comes in 6x6 1/16in thick for $3.99 you get 2 sheets I used the A plate the fiskars texture plate, cardstock and I used 2 of the rubber gaskets then the B plate, this worked fine. Of course the embossing is not as deeply etched as the bugs a2 folders, but it sure beats having to do it by hand.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #265
Cardstock Collector

Amy and everyone else, thank you so much for all the valuable information in this thread. No coupon in the paper for Michael's this week, and my Hobby Lobby doesn't carrry the 'Bug, but I was able to get it at JoAnns ETC. on sale for $69, plus a $5-off coupon. Would have loved to get it for $40, but not too shabby.

This is a gift for my sister who has put up with me being rotten to her during countless pregnancy-induced mood swings, and who designed the most GORGEOUS baby shower invitations, each one scrapped and assembled by hand. She'll grouch at me for spending so much on her, but she's my big sister and worth it. (Love you, Steph!)

Now she'll just have to buy herself some dies, because that wasn't in my budget!

~Erin
Old 04-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #266
Watercolor Wizard

Off to see the Gallery above. LM
Old 04-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #267
Watercolor Wizard

oops..sorry about that! Wrong thread! LOL! LM
Old 05-04-2007, 04:31 AM   #268
Rubber Obsessor

I saw the earlier link to Heartfeltscrapbooking.com. Has anyone else had trouble with this company. I ordered 5 embossing folders six weeks ago, never got a confirmation or any contact but the money was transferred from my paypal account. I finally (after emails and phone calls) talked to someone who said they could not keep these things in stock, but they did receive my order and would ship as they came in. As of today, I have received 3 of the 5.

The fella I talked to was very nice and apologetic, but I will not order from them again. I did order and receive all of the folders from other sites and received them all in a very timely manner. Although they are duplicates, I have a friend who is in no hurry to buy as she can use mine in the meantime. So she will buy my duplicates.

I'm anxious to hear if any others of you have had to wait so long.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #269
Rubber Obsessor

Default no bug yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarroquin
Does anyone know if Hobby Lobby carries it? I would hate to have to go across town to Michael's to get one.

I don't know if you got your "bug" yet, but Hobby Lobby in Ohio still doesn't have them in stock yet. I called yesterday and it's on her list so it should be in soon. She did say they probably wouldn't accept the 40% off coupon either. I ordered mine from happyScrappinScrapbooking.com for $59.99 with a bunch of dies and embossing folders at 15% off.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #270
Rubber Obsessor

My Cuttlebug was delivered today! I am so happy! I am so excited and even my DH was impressed with the embossing.

I just love my little bug!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #271
SCS RAK Coordinator

Send a message via MSN to g33kgr1

Got my CB last night at Mike's... of course I got a cashier that didn't want to give me the discount... but I asked if she could check with her manager and she did and whoever was on the other end of the phone approved it... she told me I was lucky and got a "yes" manager... I didn't bother trying to explain to her why!

So... I am wondering if I am going to get the same "hassle" when I try to buy folders and die cuts?

Ok... off tomorrow to Home Depot to try and find the elusive rubber gasket. If I find it I will take a picture of the package and post it!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #272
Watercolor Wizard

Exclamation WARNING! Fiskars Template broke my CB TWICE!

I followed the Sandwich Stack Instructions carefully, but my Cuttlebug broke (Not just the plate, the actual CB)when I put the Fiskar Template through. I was worried about Mike's giving ne the exchange since I did not have the box it came in, although I did have the receipt. Well, fortunately they had no problem exchanging it. That is the GOOD news. The BAD news is that when I came home and tried it again, the secon Cuttlebug broke. For more info on this, see this thread:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...=1#post5702543

LM :-/
Old 05-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #273
SCS RAK Coordinator

Send a message via MSN to g33kgr1
Default Picture of rubber gasket from Home Depot

Here is a picture of what the rubber gasket looks like from Home Depot. It was hard to find... for a girl who knows nothing about plumbing!

Ok... now I am off to try the fiskars template! Even though the previous poster just warned against it... I'm a rebel! Actually, ask my mom, I learn all my lessons the hard way...
Attached Thumbnails
cb_rubber_mat.jpg  
Old 05-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #274
Embossing Fanatic

I am leanient about using any of the other embossing plates or die cut systems on my little bug! The only one's I think I will use are the Quik Kutz. They are the same thickness and set up as the bug's so hopefully no problems! With my luck, mine would break, Michael's won't take it back and I would be banned from the store for causing a scene!! No Michael's.... what wold I do!?! I hope those that are brave and use the other systems have great and continued luck with their bugs!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #275
Glitter Queen

I got a early Mother's Day gift last night. Cuttlebug. Yeah this is so much fun.
I had to try to see if my Fiskars plates would go through. Here is what I found worked for me. The foam stuff you use for your Colluzze cutters works great( at least in my machine. Happy bugging!
Old 05-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #276
Polyshrink Goddess

how did you use the colluzle foam?

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Old 05-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #277
Mad Swapper

Coluzzle foam? Wow! I just happen to have a couple of those! Thanks for the great tip. Which plates did you use with the foam? I just found and bought fiskar plates on clearance at my Jo*ann's this weekend, but have been leery to try them after reading Leanerme's thread.

Kathy
Old 05-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #278
Glitter Queen

A plate
B plate
Fiskers template Face up with the design you want(My favorite is the flower)
Cardstock
Coluzzel foam (I cut mine to card size)
B plate
Then run through machine.

This worked for mine. I am not saying it will work with everyones.

Also, I have noticed that sometimes it doesn't want to take on one side so then I switch to the other side and it works great.

Happy Bugging!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #279
Watercolor Wizard

So did it work for you? I was a rebel too, that's why I tried it again with the 2nd Cuttlebug, but, alas, that one broke too. LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g33kgr1
Here is a picture of what the rubber gasket looks like from Home Depot. It was hard to find... for a girl who knows nothing about plumbing!

Ok... now I am off to try the fiskars template! Even though the previous poster just warned against it... I'm a rebel! Actually, ask my mom, I learn all my lessons the hard way...
Old 05-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #280
Watercolor Wizard

Does the Quik Kutz have an Ocean Wave one? That is the reason I boight the Fiskar Set. LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisi1965
I am leanient about using any of the other embossing plates or die cut systems on my little bug! The only one's I think I will use are the Quik Kutz. They are the same thickness and set up as the bug's so hopefully no problems! With my luck, mine would break, Michael's won't take it back and I would be banned from the store for causing a scene!! No Michael's.... what wold I do!?! I hope those that are brave and use the other systems have great and continued luck with their bugs!