Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #681
Die Cut Diva

Have you tried to "press" the tags in the bug? When I had my Wizard, I was able to do this. I'm trying to remember what the stack was... Seems to me you should be able to do this with the "B" plate on the bottom, the tag (good side down), the paper cut to fit the tag, piece of rubber, and maybe the "C" plate. If that isn't tight enough, then use the "B" plate on the top instead of the "C" plate.

I know that didn't answer your question about which Nestabilities circle to use, but the CB could save you a lot of time setting the tags.

Kimberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorder View Post
This weekend I needed to make about 12 tags with my new Memory Makers tag press. I thought instead of cutting out all the circles with the tempate provided with the tag rims, I'd use my new Nestabilities circles.

I found one of the NB templates that appeared to be the right size for the large round tag. The bug and circle cut thru the vellum just as expected and it appeared to fit just fine. However, when I pressed the tag rim closed only about 1/2 the circle caught. It's a bit too small.

Too bad it didn't work....

But I'd be interested if anybody else has tried with the smaller rounds or squares???
Old 10-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #682
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN View Post
Have you tried to "press" the tags in the bug? When I had my Wizard, I was able to do this. I'm trying to remember what the stack was... Seems to me you should be able to do this with the "B" plate on the bottom, the tag (good side down), the paper cut to fit the tag, piece of rubber, and maybe the "C" plate. If that isn't tight enough, then use the "B" plate on the top instead of the "C" plate.

I know that didn't answer your question about which Nestabilities circle to use, but the CB could save you a lot of time setting the tags.

Kimberly
No, but I have the tag press - it was more that the circle was too small.

I was just wondering if anybody else had used the NB to cut the tags out and what luck they had.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #683
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstampin View Post
You didn't do anything wrong, it is normal for the cutting dies to cut into the plate. I make sure that I always use the same plate for cutting, then I still have one nice one for embossing. This always happened with my Sizzix as well, so it is normal for die cutters.
Oh good. Thanks so much for the info. I can always count on my fellow SCS members to come through with an answer.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 AM   #684
Glitter Queen

do you know if the cuddlebug small dies will also fit thru the cuddlekids machine? thanks.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:59 AM   #685
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by happykim View Post
do you know if the cuddlebug small dies will also fit thru the cuddlekids machine? thanks.
It is my understanding that they don't. The Cuttlekids stuff will work in the Cuttlebug, but the Cuttlebug stuff won't work in the Cuttlekids. It has something to do with the safety factors in the design.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:23 AM   #686
Glitter Queen

Thanks amy! Do you or does anyone on here, know if the cuttlekids works well? Has anyone actually seen it work, or know if it is truly easy enough for children to crank? Also does anyone know who is selling it at the lowest price? Has anyone seen it in a store--I have only seen it online. Thanks everybody!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #687
Gabfest Goddess

Just saw it at Joann's today. I think it was 30% off.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:44 PM   #688
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via MSN to Ozcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysings View Post
lezzels is in Australia. I bet she knows, if anyone does! I think she had hers shipped from the US when the Bug first came out.
Thanks for that Amy.

I'm a Kota's Kid and Fan Club member.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:01 AM   #689
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy501 View Post
Just saw it at Joann's today. I think it was 30% off.
was it a regular joanns or a superstore joanns? called mine and they said they dont have the cuttlekids, just the cuttlebug? which town are you in that had it? Has anyone seen them in the stores and has anyone sampled it??
Old 10-17-2007, 05:37 AM   #690
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
was it a regular joanns or a superstore joanns? called mine and they said they dont have the cuttlekids, just the cuttlebug? which town are you in that had it? Has anyone seen them in the stores and has anyone sampled it??
I saw it at the Joann's in Fort Myers Florida. It is a small store so I'm sure it is just a regular Joann's. I was there looking at the Cuttlebug embossing folders and cutting dies. When I glanced down there were a few boxes of Cuttlekids on the bottom shelf and there was a sign that said 30% off. I didn't look too closely but the Cuttlekids were on the shelf by themselves as it looks like the Cuttlebugs were sold out as there were none on the shelf. Hope that helps.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:41 AM   #691
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy501 View Post
I saw it at the Joann's in Fort Myers Florida. It is a small store so I'm sure it is just a regular Joann's. I was there looking at the Cuttlebug embossing folders and cutting dies. When I glanced down there were a few boxes of Cuttlekids on the bottom shelf and there was a sign that said 30% off. I didn't look too closely but the Cuttlekids were on the shelf by themselves as it looks like the Cuttlebugs were sold out as there were none on the shelf. Hope that helps.
ok.. thanks. i think i will go into joanns, sometimes calling isnt the best way to find something you really want. do you know what the retail price was before the discount? thanks!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:08 AM   #692
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
ok.. thanks. i think i will go into joanns, sometimes calling isnt the best way to find something you really want. do you know what the retail price was before the discount? thanks!
Kim, I'm sorry I didn't notice the price. I just remember looking and saying to myself "Hey, look Cuttlekids" because i had just read about Cuttlekids on Splitcoast. Good Luck.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #693
Glitter Queen

Default cuttlekids

hey cindy501...went to my joanns, they had the cuttlekids machines. no dies at all in stock, however. Not on sale, 31.99....they told me i couldnt use the 40 percent off coupon....the woman read me the fine print that the coupon wasnt good on cricut machines or cartridges....I explained it wasnt cricut, just made by the same company....the woman was quite nasty...she called the mgr. who also said no. I asked to speak to him...she called him again, and he said to go ahead and take the coupon, as if they were making a HUGE exception. He never came up to the front to talk to me...just told her to put it thru... Made me feel like a criminal or an idiot...or BOTH.....In any case...I got the machine for a little over 19 dollars....so it was worth the indignation I suppose...I dont know why these stores run coupon after coupon, them make the customer feel like an imbecile for expecting to use it. I might called Joanns headquarters!
Old 10-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #694
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
hey cindy501...went to my joanns, they had the cuttlekids machines. no dies at all in stock, however. Not on sale, 31.99....they told me i couldnt use the 40 percent off coupon....the woman read me the fine print that the coupon wasnt good on cricut machines or cartridges....I explained it wasnt cricut, just made by the same company....the woman was quite nasty...she called the mgr. who also said no. I asked to speak to him...she called him again, and he said to go ahead and take the coupon, as if they were making a HUGE exception. He never came up to the front to talk to me...just told her to put it thru... Made me feel like a criminal or an idiot...or BOTH.....In any case...I got the machine for a little over 19 dollars....so it was worth the indignation I suppose...I dont know why these stores run coupon after coupon, them make the customer feel like an imbecile for expecting to use it. I might called Joanns headquarters!
OMG. That is just horrible that you were treated that way. I'm glad you got your machine at the coupon price anyway. They totally misinterpreted the coupon. The machine is made by Provocraft and I believe nowhere does it say Cricut. How awful for you though. Enjoy your machine. Hopefully you can get the diecuts soon though. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:25 PM   #695
Glitter Queen

Default cuttlekids

Cindy501 I think they see that bug on the box and think everything is cricut. i dont understand how cashiers dont know the merchandise better. when i got to the store, they also told me they didnt carry the cuttlekids...i found it on an ENDCAP myself...it is frustrating to deal with stores that make you feel bad for using their coupons...i mean they run the coupons to get you in there in the first place!! AAARRRGGH! i guess you could call me notsohappykim!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #696
Cardstock Collector

Michaels carries the Cuttlebug and the accessories in Canada.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #697
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Cindy501 I think they see that bug on the box and think everything is cricut. i dont understand how cashiers dont know the merchandise better. when i got to the store, they also told me they didnt carry the cuttlekids...i found it on an ENDCAP myself...it is frustrating to deal with stores that make you feel bad for using their coupons...i mean they run the coupons to get you in there in the first place!! AAARRRGGH! i guess you could call me notsohappykim!
Kim, that is too funny. It is really bad at those stores sometimes. I have to just tell the story when I had a coupon and went to Joann's to get the crop-a-dial. I couldn't find it and went up to ask the person at the desk if they had a crop-a-dile and she didn't know what I was talking about and I said it is for setting eyelets and she said "what, eyelids" needless to say, I ended up getting on sale online and with free shipping so it was about the same anyway but that was a little frustrating.

Loving my Cuttlebug by the way....we are using it tonight during my card making group meeting. Some of the members haven't seen it in action yet so it will be fun.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:03 PM   #698
Mad Swapper

Send a message via AIM to Kjpp
Oh no...did I break my CT?

I just got my CT about two weeks ago. Yesterday I was using it and I by mistake put the die UPSIDE DOWN. I ran it through a couple of times before I realized my mistake. Now, one of my "B" plates is severely bowed. I was able to bend back the die. But the "B" plate is badly curved. I'm worried to use anything else in the CB. I know I can buy another B plate..but I'm just worried I might have affected the machine somehow.....can anyone help me? I'd be soooooo sad if I broke it.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #699
Mad Swapper

Bump...because I'm really nervous on this!
Old 10-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #700
Stazon Splitcoast

Mine curves too - I think it's normal. I always use the same plate for the die because it markes it. They do eventually wear out/break, but you can get a replacement at Micheal's or HL.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #701
Mad Swapper

Thanks Deb!!! At least I know I can still use it!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #702
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorder View Post
Mine curves too - I think it's normal. I always use the same plate for the die because it markes it. They do eventually wear out/break, but you can get a replacement at Micheal's or HL.
I'm not sure if it's because I have not used mine enough but I find that alternating the B plate, flipping it and sending it through with a different side up, each time it goes through the bug helps keep it in shape.

Cos it kinda gets a bit bent when it runs through but putting it (B plate) through the next time with the other side facing up bends it back. So the plate stays flat and not bent.

however if yours is really badly bent, putting it through the bug on the other side MIGHT break it. u could try this with your new plates so they don't get bent..
Old 10-19-2007, 03:08 PM   #703
Rubber Obsessor

I bought an extra set of B plates...one is for embossing and the other for the die cuts. The die cut one I turn over after several cuts. It bends, but hasn't broke as of yet!
Old 10-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #704
Polyshrink Goddess

i have had 2 B plates break....but i do use the pieces ! depending on how big the die i am using...so, dont throw out the pieces !

i also put one B plate under the A plate....that way it never gets warped...and doesnt have cut marks. the amount of space is what is important, not the actual placement of the second B plate.

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Old 10-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #705
Insane Embellisher

michael's has most of its scrapbooking things on sale this week. it has the cricut and bug on sale also for 30% off! i didn't know and just happened to be in there yesterday with my DH for cutting blades. I just went this morning after PT and got my bug! It's great!! I was going to get it for myself at Xmas but who can pass up a deal?! I've only tried 2 things-1 embossing folder and 1 die cut-but i'm already hooked! for $100 I got the machine, 4 embossing plates, and 3 packages of die cut plates (some have 4 plates in it) so I ended up with 8 different design plates! all for $100-WOW!

Off to play now...
Becca
Old 10-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #706
Pearl-ExPert

Default Cuttlebug folders and dies on sale!!!

Hi Ladies,
I know you probably are saying what an enabler, but I just had to tell you that Joann.com has all Cuttlebug dies and embossing folders on sale again. I just looked yesterday and they were not on sale and Lord behold, today they are.
They are $ 3.99 for the embossing folders (not $ 3.74 like before) but still a great deal. I already ordered more,my hubby won't be too happy, but oh well .

Thought I'd share.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #707
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by okimom2girlz View Post
Hi Ladies,
I know you probably are saying what an enabler, but I just had to tell you that Joann.com has all Cuttlebug dies and embossing folders on sale again. I just looked yesterday and they were not on sale and Lord behold, today they are.
They are $ 3.99 for the embossing folders (not $ 3.74 like before) but still a great deal. I already ordered more,my hubby won't be too happy, but oh well .

Thought I'd share.
I saw that sale on line tonight too. Does anyone know if they are on sale in the stores? I have some 50% off coupons for their Moonlight Madness sale this week and was planning on using the coupons this week for some embossing folders and cutting dies but if they are on sale in the store then the coupons won't be any good. isn't that always the way....they give you a 50% off coupon and then put what you want on sale for 25% or 30%. Its a conspiracy I tell ya. I guess something off is better than nothing off. I'll have to assess for my self this week.

Thanks.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 PM   #708
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by okimom2girlz View Post
Hi Ladies,

Thought I'd share.
Crazyscraps.com. is selling the embossing folders for $3.74. There's generally kinda 25% off all Cuttlebug stuff. There's free shipping for orders above $50. The Cuttlebug is going for $59.99. You can also place orders for the new embossing folders available in January.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #709
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Dustypoodle,
I bought my Cuttlebug and my first folders form them but I had to find out that they charge military an arm and a leg. My shipping was over $ 20.00 and I really did not save anything. I should have went with my gut and order from Joann.com where shipping would have been free. Live and learn, right?
Thanks so much for the info though.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:19 PM   #710
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile double paper embossing

anyone tried the technique of punching out circles and then placing them on a piece of cardstock and then sending them through the embossing envelopes on the bug? I did at a stamping class-- what a cool effect... Try it out!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:04 PM   #711
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocForHelp View Post
anyone tried the technique of punching out circles and then placing them on a piece of cardstock and then sending them through the embossing envelopes on the bug? I did at a stamping class-- what a cool effect... Try it out!
Do you have a picture of that card? I would love to see it. I am still learning all of the cool things you can do with the bug.

Thanks,
Sabrina
Old 10-24-2007, 04:32 AM   #712
Mad Swapper

I'd love to see a picture of that too.....could you post one?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:37 AM   #713
Mad Swapper

What a great idea! And I have several punches that are just going to waste...but they would be cute to use to make little embossed background paper! I'd love to see a pic, too!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #714
Insane Embellisher

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocForHelp View Post
I would love to see a picture of this technique too!!!! I am still learning all the different techniques that you can do with this little green joy!! So far I only know of just the regular stuff - embossing / die cutting cardstock, and the sanding technique after embossing.

anyone else have any suggestions for me to try?? Would luv to hear from ya !!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #715
Kookie Creator

Send a message via AIM to jenmac820
Talking love the bug!

hey gals, just wanted to say I think the cuttlebug is the best die cutter out there (not counting the digital kinds) and worth the cost, especially on sale or with a coupon. Just wanted to let you all know that Michaels is getting the cuttlekids machine soon. I think it will be $29.99, not sure if if comes with any dies. Hopefully they will carry the cuttlekids dies seperately then too. i ordered one on ebay about a month ago, and the cuttlekids dies work great with the cuttlebug! They are so cute too! Happy buggin!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:32 AM   #716
Kookie Creator

Wink cuttlebug cards

if anyone wants to see more cuttlebug ideas, check out my gallery! I forget to put "cuttlebug" as a keyword sometimes, but on many of my cards in the gallery i have used it, even if it might not have been listed. Check it out, i would appreciate any input! have a blessed day!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #717
Cardstock Collector

I have not read through this entire thread but I wonder if anyone has used their cuttlebug to cut felt.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #718
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampingScout View Post
I have not read through this entire thread but I wonder if anyone has used their cuttlebug to cut felt.
Yep, it will cut felt.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:01 PM   #719
Kookie Creator

Default cuttlebug can!

You can cut about any thin material in the cuttlebug. I have cut felt,fun foam,chipboard,fabric,ribbon,thin metal sheets (by making memories),acetate and other thin plastics,and a few sheets of cardstock at one time. I have not tried, but probably would work: thin cork,thin leather.

If you don't get a good cut sometimes, put a piece of thick cardstock or chipboard ( you should be able to get free sheets at Michaels where they keep their single sheet papers, if not any, ask an associate.They come in packages of papers that are opened and sold as single sheets when the store receives them, and usually get thrown away or put out on the bottom of the pile of each print of paper( I put a stack off to the side for our customers to take). Anyway. just put a piece of chipboard under the clear plate when you make your cuttlebug "sandwhich". The extra thickness helps it cut. If you have trouble turning the crank, you have too much thickness.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #720
Cardstock Collector

Thanks so much for this information. I will try it with a little more thickness. When I first tried it, it didn't cut through cleanly and I had to go over it a few times.