Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 09:46 AM   #3681
Glitter Guru

My Target has clearanced all of the Ellison Design die cuts, and I got two of the big alphabets.... Sassy Serif, and Tootsie for $55 each! Upper case, lower case, numbers and symbols, AND the cool carrying case. I'm thrilled. I really think that this completes all the alphabet sets I will ever need. I now have 3 in very different styles, so I'm set. OOoooooo.. can't wait to PLAY!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #3682
Mad Swapper

I need to respond to your thread. Hello! I am so glad to meet another Helene. I have met very few in my life! I see you are new to SCS! WELCOME!! Hope you love all the great ideas and people you will find and meet on this site! Nice to see another Helene in the world!!
Old 02-28-2007, 06:25 AM   #3683
Embossing Fanatic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by leney
I need to respond to your thread. Hello! I am so glad to meet another Helene. I have met very few in my life! I see you are new to SCS! WELCOME!! Hope you love all the great ideas and people you will find and meet on this site! Nice to see another Helene in the world!!
Glad to meet you too. I love SPC. It is like having your own private tutors right at home. I have learned so much and am so grateful for everyone who takes the time to help out us newbies. Yes, Helene is not a common name, so I named my daughter Helene. She wouldn't name her daughter Helene, she says too many people cannot pronounce it right. Lol
Old 02-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #3684
Stazon Splitcoast

I just bought my Cuttlebug yesterday. I love it! I have a question, I wasn't able to find it in this lengthy thread : What weight of coasters should I get to cut into chipboard pieces? Medium weight? I have some heavyweight, but didn't want to break anything this soon......lol.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #3685
Rubber Obsessor

Question about eBay/PayPal and Cuttlebug Alphabet Dies...
I purchased two sets of alphabet dies for the Cuttlebug by winning the eBay auction. Each set was 19.99, I know it was a great deal. He has great feedback, great communicator, not a new seller on eBay, etc. I just rec'd a note today saying that he cannot get the funds because PayPal locked up his acct. and he can't even pay for shipping because his debit card is thru them and locked up too. He wants me to ask for a refund from PayPal and then mail him a check or money order. (I used PayPal Credit to pay for it.)

What do you think? I know that some have been having issues with the alphabet dies. It doesn't seem "right", what he is asking. But, I doubt that he would have a long history with good feedback otherwise. My fear is that he never expected them to go so cheaply and lost money. I'm afraid that if I send a check or money order I will have no recourse.

Thanks for your thoughts! (I guess it would be one way of getting out of dies that don't work well, and the money.)
Old 03-01-2007, 01:05 AM   #3686
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyannzstampscrap
I purchased two sets of alphabet dies for the Cuttlebug by winning the eBay auction. Each set was 19.99, I know it was a great deal. He has great feedback, great communicator, not a new seller on eBay, etc. I just rec'd a note today saying that he cannot get the funds because PayPal locked up his acct. and he can't even pay for shipping because his debit card is thru them and locked up too. He wants me to ask for a refund from PayPal and then mail him a check or money order. (I used PayPal Credit to pay for it.)

What do you think? I know that some have been having issues with the alphabet dies. It doesn't seem "right", what he is asking. But, I doubt that he would have a long history with good feedback otherwise. My fear is that he never expected them to go so cheaply and lost money. I'm afraid that if I send a check or money order I will have no recourse.

Thanks for your thoughts! (I guess it would be one way of getting out of dies that don't work well, and the money.)
It doesn't sound right to me either. I think I would ask PayPal what the deal was. Doesn't seem like they would have to refund your money if it was never really "spent", i.e., it would still be in your account.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:29 AM   #3687
Polyshrink Goddess

I was wondering who owns a Quickkutz and was it worth the money???
Old 03-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #3688
Stazon Splitcoast

PayPal does not lock an account without reason. I, too, would call PP and ask them what is going on. If they won't tell you, or can't, then I would apologize and tell him you're not comfortable sending him the $ if his account has been locked by PayPal.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:40 AM   #3689
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinMelis
PayPal does not lock an account without reason. I, too, would call PP and ask them what is going on. If they won't tell you, or can't, then I would apologize and tell him you're not comfortable sending him the $ if his account has been locked by PayPal.
Good advice. PayPal is your best protection; I'd hesitate to pay another way unless you have a very good reason, and I don't think this is one. My mom has been ripped off on eBay when she sent a money order; the seller claimed they never got the $$ and she couldn't get a refund.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #3690
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to pinkhedgehog Send a message via Yahoo to pinkhedgehog

Yep, ditto for me too. I never send check or money order. I would also let ebay know what is going on so he doesn't ruin your feedback, etc. Seems like he's got some problems going on. Does he have bad feedback recently?

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Old 03-01-2007, 10:13 AM   #3691
Stazon Splitcoast

My Paypal account was locked back in December because someone was trying to phish through it! It took nearly two weeks for Paypal to verify my information and re-establish the account, so I wouldn't be too hard on this guy. If he has great feedback, he's probably legitimate.

Normally a seller has to claim the money from Paypal within 5 business days. If he/she doesn't, the transaction is cancelled and the money is returned to the buyer's account. Maybe you can wait the 5 days before sending a money order.

Visit My Gallery!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:28 AM   #3692
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyannzstampscrap
...I just rec'd a note today saying that he cannot get the funds because PayPal locked up his acct. and he can't even pay for shipping because his debit card is thru them and locked up too. He wants me to ask for a refund from PayPal and then mail him a check or money order. (I used PayPal Credit to pay for it.)

What do you think?
Looks like you've already got some good feedback - I just wanted to add an additional comment. Requesting a refund via Paypal won't guarantee you'll get one. I sell on eBay and once had a 'request' for a refund. As I recall, I had to sign into Paypal and approve it (the buyer had overpaid me, and I hadn't caught it yet). So, if he can't sign in, he can't approve the refund.

I wouldn't send the seller any monies outside the eBay/Paypal system... that's your insurance.

Paypal probably won't tell you why (or even verify) the account was frozen, but you can bet it's for a reason you don't really want to be involved in. They don't do that lightly.

my PunchPal Too | my SU! Inventory File | my Tickets Too: shown on my website
my free downloadable calendar templates here
Old 03-02-2007, 02:41 AM   #3693
Matboard Maniac

I've been watching these threads for a few days now and looking at cards made with cuttlebug dies. I was convinced I needed one so I went to Joanns yesterday while they are 40% off and bought my very own Cuttlebug!! Now I need to stock up on dies...I guess that will keep me from buying stamps for a while but oh, boy,....the fun fun fun!
Thanks for all these informative posts..they helped me to make an informed decision. Your reviews in here are better than subscribing to Consumer Reports!
Denise
Old 03-02-2007, 07:07 AM   #3694
Polyshrink Goddess

Welcome a board!!!!LOL I was inabler allso!!!! But LOVE my Bug!!!! Welcome again!!!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:18 AM   #3695
Insane Embellisher

Yes, I was also convinced by all of you guys. I have purchased mine also this week at JoAnn's. I really was convinced by the embossing folders. I still need to buy the folders and die cuts using my 40% coupons. The JoAnn's I went to didn't have much in stock. Thanks for all of your feedback

Just not enough time in the day to do
everything that I love to do :)
Old 03-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #3696
Glitter Queen

Send a message via MSN to Terrbear Send a message via Yahoo to Terrbear
Default Chipboard for Cuttlebug

What kind of chipboard can I use with the cuttlebug and where can I get some?
Old 03-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #3697
Matboard Maniac

I went to both AC Moore and Joanns and neither had that much in stock. I'm hoping that as this wonderful machine becomes more popular they'll order more. I know I can probably do better ordering online but I hate putting toys on my credit card..lol. I just can't convince my husband that they're neccessities!!
Denise
Old 03-05-2007, 07:12 PM   #3698
~~Triple S Threat~~

My Joann's did have much either, until I asked them about it.... well they keep a tub of them under the counter because of too many being shoplifted! So maybe you should ask at your store...

... and I finally got an Alpha set yesterday at the 40%!!!! wooohooo Now I need to find the time to play

Old 03-05-2007, 07:12 PM   #3699
~~Triple S Threat~~

My Joann's didn't have much either, until I asked them about it.... well they keep a tub of them under the counter because of too many being shoplifted! So maybe you should ask at your store...

... and I finally got an Alpha set yesterday at the 40%!!!! wooohooo Now I need to find the time to play

Old 03-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #3700
~~Triple S Threat~~

opps.... double post...

... and notice I changed did to didn't!

Old 03-06-2007, 02:09 AM   #3701
Matboard Maniac

This is good to know. I'm going to AC Moore today and will ask if they don't have much out. Self-control seems to have gone out of my vocabulary since I bought this machine!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:43 AM   #3702
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Did anyone make a list of the ebay sellers who are good / not good to deal with for the alphabets? If so, can you pm me please?

Thanks!

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #3703
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

OKay, so I have skimmed through 7 pages, and before I skim through another 50,
Can I ask where you all are getting your bisk from and do you have to buy it online~ I won't ask if I *really* need it, already know that answer!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #3704
Mad Swapper

I bought mine at www.paperdreamsstore.com. They have excellant customer service. If you have an Archiver's near you they also have them. I love my BISK and it really completes my Big Shot and all the things I can do with it!
I just need to stop buying so many dies and embossing folders!!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #3705
Embossing Fanatic

Default need Cuttlebug instruction booklet

Help!!!
i received a Cuttlebug without an instruction booklet. Provo Craft customer service was not very nice.will not deal with them again. JoAnns where i pruchased it has ordered me a whole new machine, will have to wait till ??
all i want is an instruction booklet. does anyone have one they would copy, or i will gladly pay the postage for one.
thanks in advance
Old 03-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #3706
Embossing Fanatic

Default need Cuttlebug instruction booklet

Maybe this will help someone..i ordered Cuttlebug folders from Happy Scrappin Scrapbooking. the best service i have ever had. they were here almost overnight...nice to deal with too....
Old 03-08-2007, 03:56 AM   #3707
Cardstock Collector

Hello!
I sell the Cuttlebug and it's folders/dies in my store-- I would gladly send you a copy of the user manual. I also have 30 dies/folders in stock at the moment, (keep in mind when you read your manual and are anxious to get started!!) Email me your addy at stamps@rubberbuggy.us if you'd like the manual.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:12 AM   #3708
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo3850
I was wondering who owns a Quickkutz and was it worth the money???
I bougth mine a few years ago I love the dies but I recently bought the cuttlebug on sell and use it for the dies because it is somuch easier on the hands. And in my opinion the cuttlebug is just as portable. I can't find the post now, but afew daysd or a week ago someone posted a question on weather cuttlebug dies would work in a quickutz, the answer no, the die is to thick you can get it in but cant get any paper in there with it. I bought the cricut in the summer, because I was saving to buy an alphabet witha shadow, and was able to get the cricut with george for less money than the alphabets, and cut in multiple sizes, so I think their are better options, your better off using a coupon and getting the cuttlebug on sell at Michaels or Joanns, and using it to cut the QuicKutz dies with, I do love the QuicKutz shaped dies I have several.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #3709
Matboard Maniac

Wink Double Duty??

Okay, I am not really into die cutting...mostly the embossing folders. But I just had a thought. Cuttlebug makes many die sets. Some of very similar. For example, they make a square set, and then they make a square FRAME set. The frames look identical in size to the squares in the other set. So here is my question. Couldn't you buy just the frame set and use it for two purposes and save money by not having to buy the square set? You use the "frame" if you want a frame, but the middle of the frame punches out, correct? So, in essence, you are actually getting a frame set and a square set. The squares that fall out when you punch the frame would be just a tad smaller than the squares in the SQUARE set, but still....just seems to make sense.

That goes for the other sets as well, as many of them have a frame set that is the same as the shape set (i.e. wavy square, rounded square, circle).

Hope I'm making sense to somebody. Let me know your thoughts.

Sandy
Old 03-08-2007, 11:36 AM   #3710
Glitter Queen

Please help... I think that I have tried everything and I can't seem to use my brass stencils at all!!
I can't figure out what I am doing wrong!
TIA
Kelley
Old 03-08-2007, 11:41 AM   #3711
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeacottage
Please help... I think that I have tried everything and I can't seem to use my brass stencils at all!!
I can't figure out what I am doing wrong!
TIA
Kelley
Did you look at the Cuttlebug Sandwich Stacks thread to get a "recipe"?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #3712
Glitter Queen

I sure did and even bought the Wizard Charm Embossing Kit....
Tried the "mousepad" method and so far nothing
I did call Provocraft and whoever I spoke with said that brass stencils would not work.
But that can't be true because others are having success!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:28 PM   #3713
Stazon Splitcoast

I will try my mig impressions starter kit. I just got it. I have used it with the texture plates and a friend told me you do have to mist the paper for the best impression, I did have to use the c plate to get the fiskars to emboss liekthe Big Shot impressions plates. I will try the brass templates and get back to you.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #3714
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

only took a minute, well I layeres A, B brass template facedown, rubber mat from Big impression starterkit, big impression black bord comes with starter kit.
Came out great both the side I misted and the side I didn't. I thinkthe unmisted side is actually crisper, but the other side is still a bit damp.
Hope that helps got my starter kit at http://www.allthatscraps.com/
anything over 10$ no shipping cost.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #3715
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

only took a minute, well I layered A, B brass template facedown, rubber mat from Big impression starterkit, big impression black bord comes with starter kit.
Came out great both the side I misted and the side I didn't. I thinkthe unmisted side is actually crisper, but the other side is still a bit damp.
Hope that helps got my starter kit at http://www.allthatscraps.com/
anything over 10$ no shipping cost.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #3716
Insane Embellisher

Where do you find the wizard charm embossing kit from? Is it with the Cuttlebug dies or somewhere else? What is inside that? I have some fiskars texture plates that I never used and would be nice to get them to work in the CB.

Thanks

Just not enough time in the day to do
everything that I love to do :)
Old 03-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #3717
Stazon Splitcoast

I have used the Big Impressions starter kit. It comes with what you need and 6 texture plates. It is made for a big shot but I got it for my bug. I used it with my fiskars plates also, but since the fiskars plates are a bit thinner than the big impression plates, I used the C Plate(for cutting thin dies) on top. It was a bit tight but nothing broke and it embossed fine. Actually tried it for the first time last night.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #3718
Glitter Queen

I got my Wizard Charm Embossing Kit from Ebay...
It contains two rubber mats - a tan and black with older kits and two black mats with the newer kits and a blue embossing plate...
Hope that this helps!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #3719
Glitter Queen

Today must not be my day...my B plate just cracked
Ugh!
Going to continue to experiment... I will get this figured out even if it kills me!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #3720
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeacottage
Today must not be my day...my B plate just cracked
Ugh!
Going to continue to experiment... I will get this figured out even if it kills me!
LOL! I broke a B plate yesterday! I was playing with Ellison folders that had just come in the mail and was working on a sandwhich which didn't work! oH well. I'll try again soon