Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #81
Rubber Obsessor

I was so surprised and happy to get my Cutterpillar today! I've got it all set up and have tested it and within cutting about 6-10 times the blade was running super smooth and cuts beautifully! Very straight and accurate measurements. I love the gear driven rotary, very easy to hold and slide. I also love that there is no paper guard because it allows you to cut down to as small as 3/4"! I cut Georgia Pacific cardstock, vellum, pattern paper and PTI cardstock so far. All of it cut perfectly. I am very happy so far and don't forsee any problems. Oh, I also really love the height of the ruler, very easy to read and the lip on it to press your paper against is plenty tall enough so I had no issues with the paper moving around at all. I would highly recommend!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
buggainok likes this post.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #82
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Skype™ to lynniedoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by created4apurpose View Post
I was so surprised and happy to get my Cutterpillar today! I've got it all set up and have tested it and within cutting about 6-10 times the blade was running super smooth and cuts beautifully! Very straight and accurate measurements. I love the gear driven rotary, very easy to hold and slide. I also love that there is no paper guard because it allows you to cut down to as small as 3/4"! I cut Georgia Pacific cardstock, vellum, pattern paper and PTI cardstock so far. All of it cut perfectly. I am very happy so far and don't forsee any problems. Oh, I also really love the height of the ruler, very easy to read and the lip on it to press your paper against is plenty tall enough so I had no issues with the paper moving around at all. I would highly recommend!
Great news. So glad some one has it from this shipment. That means it real!!! I'm in Arizona so hoping I'm on the 10 day rather than 14 day side of shipping. It's been a long 9 months but I'm seeing the light in the tunnel. Enjoy your Cutterpillar!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #83
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynniedoll View Post
Great news. So glad some one has it from this shipment. That means it real!!! I'm in Arizona so hoping I'm on the 10 day rather than 14 day side of shipping. It's been a long 9 months but I'm seeing the light in the tunnel. Enjoy your Cutterpillar!!!
I'm in Arizona too, so maybe it will be even sooner! Did you order from OMC or directly from Cutterpillar? I ordered directly from Cutterpillar. I'm in Flagstaff.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #84
Glitter Queen

Quote:
I'm in Arizona too, so maybe it will be even sooner! Did you order from OMC or directly from Cutterpillar? I ordered directly from Cutterpillar. I'm in Flagstaff.
That's the problem. I ordered in Jan from OMC. I shoulda ordered straight from them too. Oh well. Just a week or two later than you. I'm in Peoria. Next year this will all be history and we'll be cutting like crazy with no memory of the wait.
buggainok likes this post.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #85
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynniedoll View Post
That's the problem. I ordered in Jan from OMC. I shoulda ordered straight from them too. Oh well. Just a week or two later than you. I'm in Peoria. Next year this will all be history and we'll be cutting like crazy with no memory of the wait.
Well darn...hoping it gets to you as fast as it can! I think you will be very happy with it and it will have been worth the wait. I had ordered a Tonic Studios trimmer off ebay but it never made it to me, so I got a refund and ordered the Cutterpillar instead. So glad I have that instead! Let us know what you think when you get yours.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #86
Compulsive Stamper

I am glad you are all enjoying the 3. I have the 2 and love it. I didn't think about the ruler until Leah mentioned it, but it is truly easy to see. I have my cutter kind of pushed up on my counter. I can easily see where to cut without having to be right over it to see the ruler. That is an excellent point.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #87
Compulsive Stamper

Am very excited !! I am in Australia and just received my cutterpillar pro V3 today after pre ordering it months ago from an Australian on line company . Have yet to try it out, but am aiming to give it a workout on the weekend. Hoping it is as good as the reviews i have read , and shall watch the video before using it to ensure i am using it correctly .
Old 10-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #88
Stazon Splitcoast

After 2 weeks of use, I am still loving the V3. I have had to get used to not having the guide to hold the paper down - just making sure I hold it well with my hand so it doesn't move. I like not having the guide though because it allows me to accurately cut small pieces so easily. For those of you still waiting, I would say it is worth it!

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Old 10-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #89
Rubber Obsessor

That's great crafthappy1! I am sure you will love it! I've been using mine for a couple weeks now and the blade has gotten noticeable sharper and it's just lovely to cut with. Be sure NOT to pick it up by the bar that blade is on!! It's so tempting to move it that way but you can make it get out of alignment and have major problems, so only pick it up by the base. Let us know what you think once you've used it!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

You all have pushed me over the edge. ?.I will order mine tomorrow direct from the company.
Blessings.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #91
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
That's great crafthappy1! I am sure you will love it! I've been using mine for a couple weeks now and the blade has gotten noticeable sharper and it's just lovely to cut with. Be sure NOT to pick it up by the bar that blade is on!! It's so tempting to move it that way but you can make it get out of alignment and have major problems, so only pick it up by the base. Let us know what you think once you've used it!

Thank you for the tip about how to pick it up, hoping tomorrow i can get to play with it
Old 10-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #92
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafthappy1 View Post
Am very excited !! I am in Australia and just received my cutterpillar pro V3 today after pre ordering it months ago from an Australian on line company . Have yet to try it out, but am aiming to give it a workout on the weekend. Hoping it is as good as the reviews i have read , and shall watch the video before using it to ensure i am using it correctly .
As an Australian I woulld be very interested in your reviews of this product. In particular I'd like to know if there are metric measurments marked on it. If there are no metric rulers, are the A5 and A4 points clearly marked? For the sake of a really good cutter I may be willing to cut mats in imperial but my first paper cut has to be metric.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #93
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstreez View Post
As an Australian I woulld be very interested in your reviews of this product. In particular I'd like to know if there are metric measurments marked on it. If there are no metric rulers, are the A5 and A4 points clearly marked? For the sake of a really good cutter I may be willing to cut mats in imperial but my first paper cut has to be metric.

Unfortunately do to pain levels i was unable to play with my cutterpillar, but will check out the info you are after when i get a chance and let you know.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #94
Glitter Queen

Quote:
The V3's currently available for purchase in Australia are in Metric. I personally would have liked the ruler to display both cm's & inches, as I use both. Not a deal breaker though, it's a 'great' investment.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #95
Glitter Queen

Okay...today was the day. I received a package (at first not knowing what the heck i had ordered)...when i opened it to my surprise...my Cutterpiller Pro arrived!

I ordered from Oh My Crafts in January of this year (2013)

Have yet to try it (i had it delivered to my workplace)!

So I'm hoping for the best!

Good luck to all! They are on their way...
Old 10-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #96
Glitter Queen

Default Finally

Quote:
Well darn...hoping it gets to you as fast as it can! I think you will be very happy with it and it will have been worth the wait. I had ordered a Tonic Studios trimmer off ebay but it never made it to me, so I got a refund and ordered the Cutterpillar instead. So glad I have that instead! Let us know what you think when you get yours.
And can you believe it, UPS left it at the station on Friday so it wasn't delivered until Monday. A bit frustrating but not the wait is finally over. I cut a bit yesterday but Friday night with be the real test. So far I love it. Smooth and I know it will only get better with use. Yes it's been 10 months but that's over now and I sliding through paper!!!! Yahoooooo!
jkstampin likes this post.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:42 AM   #97
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Well finally got to play with it today. Yes it is in metric , but no markings for A4 or A5. But you could always put a mark on it with a permanent marker if you wanted to. But absolutely loving the way it slices through the paper and cardstock .
And the tiny amount of pressure needed against the blade is fantastic when compared to my old cutters.
Love the concept and although dearer than a lot of others , i think the fact that the blade is self sharpening is a real winner.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:09 AM   #98
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papercraft✿Passion View Post
The V3's currently available for purchase in Australia are in Metric. I personally would have liked the ruler to display both cm's & inches, as I use both. Not a deal breaker though, it's a 'great' investment.
Thanks for that info. Both would have been ideal, but knowing it comes in metric makes this worth looking into more seriously.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #99
Cardstock Collector

I'm still waiting on my Cutterpillar Pro V3 that I ordered from OMC in February. My order status has been stalled at "processing" for over a month now and I'm wondering if it's really worth the wait. I contacted OMC again today and they couldn't give me any other details. Should I cancel my order and try another trimmer? If so, what paper trimmers come highly recommended? I don't really want to spend more than the $100 I spent for my Cutterpillar Pro pre-order. Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #100
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haystackcards View Post
I'm still waiting on my Cutterpillar Pro V3 that I ordered from OMC in February. My order status has been stalled at "processing" for over a month now and I'm wondering if it's really worth the wait. I contacted OMC again today and they couldn't give me any other details. Should I cancel my order and try another trimmer? If so, what paper trimmers come highly recommended? I don't really want to spend more than the $100 I spent for my Cutterpillar Pro pre-order. Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
I would most definitely cancel my order with OMC!!!

You can still get the Cutterpillar for $99 with free shipping. Go to the Cutterpillar Facebook Page and if you scroll down to Sept. 20th you will find a link.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #101
Rubber Obsessor

I agree with craftycrunchymama, cancel with OMC and get it directly from Cutterpillar! I've had mine for about 2 months now and LOVE it. And I got it in less than a week! The discount is still on the FB page
Old 10-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #102
Mad Swapper

Haystackcards-

I am in the same boat. I pre-ordered my V3 in March. After my ordered finally got to 'Processing' (Sept 12), I have emailed twice and just get a lame excuse. The second response was kinds snippy. I think I will cancel also.

Also, saw on 7 Kids College Fund where the price was marked down to $99 and it show as 'in stock'.

Have another order pending that was for 'Clearance' items. Now how can you clear stock out that you don't have??? Their response was, 'The manufacturer was slow in delivering their order'.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #103
Glitter Queen

Default Cutterpillar and OMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by haystackcards View Post
Ok. I ordered in Jan and finally received mine and yes it's worth the wait. If you have been waiting this long, DO NOT CANCEL. You are high on the list. They really aren't the problem, the factory is. If you order straight at this point you will have to wait longer. I for sure understand your frustration and probably won't order any big thing from them again. But really, it'll come. Don't set yourself back down further down the line. That's my 2 cents
Old 10-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #104
Stazon Splitcoast

For those thinking of canceling with OMC and ordering straight from cutterpillar - my suggestion is contacting Cutterpillar and asking if it is in stock and ready to ship. If it is, then you should be safe ordering from them. When I contacted their customer service via email I got an almost immediate response, and was very happy with their customer service. My V3 shipped as soon as they had them from the factory, and I recieved it within a week. However, if they are waiting on a shipment just as OMC is, then it may not be worth canceling - as lynniedoll said, you might just put yourself further down the list.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Old 10-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #105
Stazon Splitcoast

I received mine in about 7 business days ordering directly from the company who makes them. It is so easy to use and I finally have a cutter that makes straight cuts! This is the best cutter I have ever owned. You will not be sirry if you get one.
Blessings.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #106
Glitter Queen

I just ordered one from Cartridges & More on sale for $81.29 and then used the coupon code "spooky" for 15% off. Total with priority shipping was $79.09!
sprtchick, smriti and Crafter 4 Life like this post.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #107
Mad Swapper

Decemberroses-

Thank you for the info re Cartridges and More. I placed my order yesterday about 5:00 pm and got notice today at 10:30 am that my order is shipped!!!

NEVER going to be tempted by Oh My Craft's low prices. I pre-ordered my V3 in March. I know that there were problems with design flaws. Got the noticed that my order was 'Processing' on Sept 12 and I patiently waited for notice that it had been shipped. After a month, I emailed them and the response was a repeat of the Aug 24 notice that they were getting them. Two weeks later I emailed again and was basically told 'we are doing our best to get the orders filled!'
Old 10-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #108
Matboard Maniac

Yes THANK YOU! Decemberroses, I jumped on it and ordered one from Cartridges and more and also got a shipping notice today. I ordered it last night. I cancelled my order w/ OMC. They said they "may" be able to cancel the order. So I may have an extra one to sell(that is my kind of luck).But anyway thank you so much!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #109
Glitter Queen

Glad to help! lol! I really wanted one, but I have bought I don't even know how many paper trimmers and was having a hard time justifying the cost, but when I found that, I snagged it fast.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #110
Cardstock Collector

Thank you Decemberroses for the hint with cartridgesandmore. I ordered yesterday pm and got the notification of shipment 2 hours later. I was shocked! It was a little bit more 89.99 plus the additional 15% off with your code "spooky"). $86.48 with the shipping cost. Can't wait to get it!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #111
Compulsive Stamper

Default I got mine

Thanks for the info on getting my cutter now instead of a year from now. The price was incredible and I was able to use the code to get 15% off.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #112
Mad Swapper

Yay, checked the shipping notice and should get my V3 by end of business tomorrow!!!!

Got an email from OMC-
'Thought you would like to know that $xxx is being returned to your Paypal account.' (Not the exact wording but the gist of it.) Excuse me-sure, I would like to have this information!!! What is it with OMC customer service------?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #113
Compulsive Stamper

I have ordered from OMC twice. Both times it took >6 months to get my order. I will not do business with them again.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #114
Glitter Queen

Mine is out for delivery today! I should have it this evening since that's when our Fed Ex and UPS guys deliver here. Yay!
paddenl likes this post.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #115
Mad Swapper

Got mine today about 2:00 pm. Have just tried a few cuts but I think I will like this cutter. Tried cutting 'hair like' strips and these very thin paper curls just rolled off the paper.

Don't have a project pending but will be starting Christmas cards so it will get a workout.

Was talking wilth a friend about my problems getting my V3. (Was an Oh My Craft pre-order that i would still be waiting for if i hadn't ordered from Cartridges and More as decemberroses suggested.) My friend said she'd had hers for a couple of months and loves hers.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #116
Matboard Maniac

Got my Cutterpillar today!! LOOOOVE it. Hopefully it will get a good work out on Sat. And got my refund from OMC. Maybe I should go buy lottery tickets!HA
Old 11-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #117
Compulsive Stamper

Default Cutterpillar Pro V3

I ordered by Cutterpillar from OMC back in May, received a "processing" message a month or so ago and just today received this message:

"Our order fulfillment team and automated process determined that the current inventory and expected new inventory from our suppliers is not enough to allow us to ship these remaining items in the near future.

We have issued a store credit for $ 7.99 plus an additional bonus credit of $5.00 , for a total store credit of $12.99. The code is: GC527018386728384. You may go ahead and use this code at any time and no further response is required.

If you would just prefer a refund of $7.99 for these items, please contact customer service by email (customercare@ohmycrafts.com) with your order number."

Almost can't believe it. I called Cartridges and More and they have the V3 in stock and ready to ship. First hurdle will be getting my money back from OMC. Thanks for the tip on Cartridges and More's pricing and coupon code. This is the 2nd time OMC has disappointed greatly. Why do I keep ordering from them???? Does anyone know of any other website selling the V3 at a decent price?

Thanks,
Patty
Old 11-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #118
Matboard Maniac

I ordered from Cartriges and more before I cancelled from OMC and they did refund after I got the "processing" e-mail but they did refund the $130.00. Got the Carts & more order within a week. and am loving my Cutterpillar.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #119
Compulsive Stamper

If you're still waiting for a Cutterpillar from OMC, do this instead: Contact simpleproducts.com They will ship the V3 to you the very day you request it. Great company that knows the meaning of customer service!
sprtchick likes this post.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #120
Compulsive Stamper

Correction, the website is: simpleproductscorp.com
sprtchick likes this post.