Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Customers who placed Cuttlebug Preorders

First, let me preface this to say the online company I ordered from has a very good reputation and has been extremely quick to answer my emails. So this has nothing to do with the online company, but everything to do with Provo Craft.

I placed an order from an online company on June 26 for a Cuttlebug Preorder Bundle to include the new embossing folders along with 2 folders which were to be exclusive to the preorder. This was a Provo Craft promo, not the online store. I knew they probably would not ship until after CHA. Then, I received this from the online company yesterday:

Dear Provo Craft Customer,
We have made the decision to not release the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Bundles. This also means that 37-1917 Harlequin and 37-1918 Celtic Knot that are exclusive to the bundle are not going to be released either. We apologize about any inconvenience that this may cause you or your customers. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact your sales representative.

Thank You,
Provo Craft

It deeply saddens me that a company would put their vendors in a situation such as this. So....why did Provo Craft decide to not release the bundle? I don't know. They did not state the reason, but perhaps they chose to offer the bundle to HSN for immediate monetary purposes, leaving the vendors in limbo after depleting their inventory. I know it was offered on HSN.

I do like Cuttlebug folders, but I like QuicKutz and Sizzix equally. So, with other options on the market, this will be my last Provo Craft purchase. Some may say this is a little extreme, but I have learned sometimes companies are just not worth supporting and this is one of them.

I hope those who are affected by this will write/email/phone Provo Craft to express your dissatisfaction with their marketing techniques, customer service and the way this was handled. I know this has probably been a nightmare for vendors and they are the ones stuck in the middle, not Provo Craft (they use sales representatives to take the heat)

Thanks for reading.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted on a thread here months ago that Provocraft was not going to release the Celtic knot and Harlequin folders....Wonder why the on line company didnt know that...?
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

The celtic knot and harlequin folders were only available if you ordered the bundle of ALL the new releases. More than one online vendor was under the impression that they would be able to order these bundles and within the last day or so got this lovely e-mail from Provocraft. The bundle was available from HSN, but their stock sold out pretty quickly.

Sorry, I think it stinks! I don't care for all the new folders being released but was planning on ordering the bundle so that I could get those two. Sorry, Provocraft. Now I'll probably pick up a couple of the new folders, but I can get folders from Sizzix that I like just as well or better, and those will emboss a full A2 card front without leaving a border.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Provocraft needs a new to hire a new Public relations person because their message sounds unprofessional. How could they risk insulting their dedicated customer base by not providing a viable reason? Don't they realize what a gold mine they would have if they could just get their act together?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I'm not sure what this special was valued at, but HSN has the newest CB folders (11) and the two items you are speaking of are in the group of 11. They are selling for $39.95. I got mine a little over a month ago.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

I think I originally paid a bit less than $39.95 on HSN a while back, but didn't realize that this bundle was exclusive to HSN. I'm so glad that I got them when I did, because shortly after I ordered my bundle, they were sold out. I LOVE the Harlequin one, and think I'll really like the Celtic Knot, too - just haven't had a chance to use it yet. I agree that Provocraft made a mistake in offering this bundle to their retailers knowing that they would sell out on HSN. Not cool. I feel like this is some kind of goofy gimmick to get people hyped up about wanting what they can't have, and then creating a frenzy for it when it is finally released. KWIM? If so, that's kind of skeezy. I hope it's not the case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I just picked up my preorders from my LSS here in Ontario, Canada and the same thing happened to me. I was not happy either, but, like you indicated it is not the retailer that is at fault.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I just purchased mine on hsn.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Default sizzix folders?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
The celtic knot and harlequin folders were only available if you ordered the bundle of ALL the new releases. More than one online vendor was under the impression that they would be able to order these bundles and within the last day or so got this lovely e-mail from Provocraft. The bundle was available from HSN, but their stock sold out pretty quickly.

Sorry, I think it stinks! I don't care for all the new folders being released but was planning on ordering the bundle so that I could get those two. Sorry, Provocraft. Now I'll probably pick up a couple of the new folders, but I can get folders from Sizzix that I like just as well or better, and those will emboss a full A2 card front without leaving a border.

I didn't know that Sizzix made embossing folders! Where do you get them?

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #10  
Inking Addict

I order from the Sizzix website and their outlet on eBay. Great service BTW.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

I, personally, am getting very tired of the poor attitudes some of these large companies have when dealing with the public.
Sometimes, it's a letter like the one from Provocraft, other times, it is no response to an email. A third is the "nasty" person on the other end of the phone line.:twisted:

I am wondering just where and when did this attitude come from? What happened to respect and courtesy?:confused:

If they can't treat me with the same respect and courtesy that I treat them with, I will take my business elsewhere and not feel guilty about not recommending them to others. When their business drops off, maybe they will change their attitude.

It is such a shame that it always comes down to the "almighty dollar!":twisted:

They are a lot of us that have preordered these folders and now what?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by idletigerView Post
I order from the Sizzix website and their outlet on eBay. Great service BTW.
I have some of the Sizzix TEXTURE PLATES but the embossing was deeper on the Cuttlebug ones.

Does Sizzix make any more kinds of folders? Maybe I do not know about those.

Of course, I could just keep spraying the card stock before using the TEXTURE PLATES. That DID work nicely, if anybody wants to give that a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2009, 03:26 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty14View Post
I have some of the Sizzix TEXTURE PLATES but the embossing was deeper on the Cuttlebug ones.

Does Sizzix make any more kinds of folders? Maybe I do not know about those.

Of course, I could just keep spraying the card stock before using the TEXTURE PLATES. That DID work nicely, if anybody wants to give that a try.
Yes, Sizzix makes embossing folders, A2 and smaller ones like Cuttlebug. I really like the way they come as a package for $10.99. Usually an A2, 2 smaller ones and a medium. Love 'em!

And Quickutz makes some beautiful embossing folders a well.

Like I said in my original post, there are too many good options available now - no need for me to deal with the poor service and attitude from Provo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2009, 07:59 AM   #14  
Inking Addict

ditto Betty!
Sizzix makes different embossing folders: textured impressions, embosslits, and simple impressions-just check out their web site sizzix.com. plus I use my brass templates (from the olden days when we embossed with a lightbox LOL) in my Big Shot. the impressions pad really helps to get good depth to the embossing as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

I am in unhappy land too.....Having told quite a few people about this wonderful "deal"....had lots of orders just on my description......sat back and waited....Hassled the wholesaler in Brisbane weekly.....Now they are my link to Provocraft, so I did not think to look further afield for information....All I have ever gotten is that the wholesaler has not heard anything.

I went to a class at the wholesalers WITH a Provocraft representative....played with ALL the new folders and was informed of the "deal" from her.

Now I am left with going back to everyone and informing them it isn't a done deal after all.....

and they better NOT bring out the deal after everyone buys stuff individually.....that unhappy camp won't have enough room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #16  
Kookie Creator

I just order 11 new released folders from HSN got them for $43 that included shipping Here is the code I used for discount
C56574
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #17  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by bettystampsView Post
Yes, Sizzix makes embossing folders, A2 and smaller ones like Cuttlebug. I really like the way they come as a package for $10.99. Usually an A2, 2 smaller ones and a medium. Love 'em!
I just bought a really nice Sizzix Christmas folder set that is beautiful. Got it at my local Joann.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Check these out from Quickutz http://www.iheartpapers.com/category.php?category_id=56

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Will the Sizzix folders work in a cuttlebug machine? From reading all the posts I get the impression that they will work, but now I'm not sure if you guys have the Cuttlebug or some other machine?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #20  
Crimping Master

I think Provo Craft has tons of issues- one being they do not follow up on their word. I bought a Cricut expression the day after Thanksgiving- when they had the big promo about the 2 cartridges-uhhh. What a joke! I called them, emailed them, left messages... i wanted to send in my sisters receipt and my own- seperate receipts seperate purchases but pay for the shipping on my card- the expression was a gift, so she couldn't do it herself and the promo would be over.

9 months later- many phone calls, many promises and still didn't get the cartridges. They are a terrible company to fight with! To honor their word! When you finally get someone- you think it will be figured out- nope. Just another example-- i won't buy their cuttlebug after this experience- i am going with a big shot from SU!- i hate doing business w/companies that treat their customers like this...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2009, 05:44 AM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post
Will the Sizzix folders work in a cuttlebug machine? From reading all the posts I get the impression that they will work, but now I'm not sure if you guys have the Cuttlebug or some other machine?
I have a Big Kick, but I can't imagine that the Sizzix folders wouldn't work in your bug. When I have a Sizzix folder and a Cuttlebug folder together, the only way I can tell them apart is that the Sizzix is just a tiny bit bigger than the Cuttlebug - a smidge wider and a little bit longer. I know a lady who bought some of the Sizzix folders to use with her Cuttlebug and I haven't heard that she had any problems with them.

I've done cards using both types of folders and haven't had to change my sandwich, so they are the same thickness.
Reply With Quote Likes