Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Crops Help Please - Anyone have dealings with them this week?

I posted a thread here about a week ago asking for the best price on Cricuts. I was given a link to Custom Crops. I posted another thread for a review on this company and most everyone had ok things to say about them.

Custom Crops was offering a deal on their Cricuts for $149 plus free shipping and being able to choose the cartridge that came with it. Terrific! I was ready to order, but I had a question before I placed my order. The website says they offer live help, but it has not been available all week. They have an online contact/email thing so I wrote my questions there and waited. Still no response after 5 days. I tried calling both their 800 number and their regular number. Regardless of the time I called, I always got the answering machine that says the offices were closed even though I was calling during the hours they stated that they were open. I tried emailing directly and I get no response.

I just checked their site again today and now the price of the Cricut has gone up to $179. Still reasonable, but I'm mad that I missed the other deal because no one ever contacted me. Even though that is a higher price though, they have a new sale on cartridges and the ones I want are on sale so, in the end, I would come out about the same. BUT the sale ends tonight - which I'm surprised at since yesterday when I was on their site there was nothing about a new sale or quick end date.

I'd still like to get in on a great deal but I'm seriously hesitant about ordering from a company that can't answer their phones or emails. And I hate to make a snap decision because a sale is ending tonight.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried to contact this company this week or tried to order from them and what the results were. Also, would you trust a company that can't respond? Thoughts please...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I believe they "might" have been still moving, i emailed them early on in the week and they just got back to me today, and actually sent my package out today as well with a note of apology about my issues. I tried calling them too during the week and went to VM, i do believe that is why.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I have always had amazing service from custom crops and I am in Australia!
I received a cricut trimmer & the blade was damaged, so I was sent 2 packets of scoring blades and 2 packets of cutting blades as an apology. And my e-mails were always answered promptly.

Their shipping is always very quick to Asutralia too.

Don't know what happened this week, but it isn't their usual service.
Pat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've ordered many times from them and never had any problem...always received my merchandise very quickly! I'm surprised to hear you say you can't get ahold of them....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2008, 07:48 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Have you looked at Scrappersmusthaves.com? Thier machine is 179.95 and free shipping. Many of their carts are $34.95, they even have Plantin school for $29.95. I have ordered from her in the past and had great service. A number of others from the cricut MB have recommend this site.

Here is the site:

http://www.scrappersmusthaves.com/cricut-machines.html

I have never ordered from Custom crops but the reviews I have read are mixed. Some have been happy with them others not. I have no association with scrappersmusthaves. Just one very happy customer.

Good luck with your order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

i live in australia adn have ordered products from custom craft and have found their service good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm having a problem getting ahold of anyone at Custom Crops, too.

I ordered a Scor-Pal a month ago and still haven't received it. Can't reach them by phone and they don't answer emails. I'm very frustrated with them. I can understand if they shut off their phones to fill orders, but at least acknowledge us when we try to contact you by email.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marissa64View Post
I'm having a problem getting ahold of anyone at Custom Crops, too.

I ordered a Scor-Pal a month ago and still haven't received it. Can't reach them by phone and they don't answer emails. I'm very frustrated with them. I can understand if they shut off their phones to fill orders, but at least acknowledge us when we try to contact you by email.
If you see this message give them a call now. I just tried their number 800-348-9700 and a person answered the phone. It is 2:32 EST here when I place the call.

Good Luck,
Reply With Quote Likes