Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #41
Die Cut Diva

I got the new one with the reduced reach. 87 vs 125 cm. Or something like that.

What was it that ultimately convinced me? I realized I could line up brads exactly. I usually put them in rows of three. And getting them lined up straight with a paper piercer template is annoying.

Got some eyelets. We shall see. And some chipboard, so I can be excited about how easy it is to punch through. !!!

Sometimes I have to just get a thing so I can stop talking about it.

You gals were very helpful ! Anytime any of you want some help deciding to spend $$$ I've definitely got your back!

RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY

Last edited by Rachelrose; 04-08-2013 at 12:22 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #42
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelrose View Post
I got the new one with the reduced reach. 87 vs 125 cm. Or something like that.

What was it that ultimately convinced me? I realized I could line up brads exactly. I usually put them in rows of three. And getting them lined up straight with a paper piercer template is annoying.

Got some eyelets. We shall see. And some chipboard, so I can be excited about how easy it is to punch through. !!!

Sometimes I have to just get a thing so I can stop talking about it.

You gals were very helpful ! Anytime any of you want some help deciding to spend $$$ I've definitely got your back!
You made me laugh with this, Rachel. I do the same thing sometimes. I know if I go to sleep thinking about it, and then wake up thinking about it, I'm a goner.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 04-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #43
Crimping Master

I have only the Big Bite because even though I'm a card maker, I wanted to be able to put an eyelet or punch a hole anywhere and so needed the longer throat. It does the trick and is quieter than the Click-it tool. That being said, I have to really contort to see where the hole is going as it sits on the desk and one cannot see from the top where the hole should be placed. There are markings on it for that reason, but as yet, I have not been able to figure it out without lots more effort than getting down to where the work is at my eye level. If there was a better long throated tool that would be more ergonomically designed, I would trash my Big Bite and get it.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #44
Die Cut Diva

The demo videos for the Big Bite that I watched say you can see where the hole is going if you hold the thing in your hand and turn it upside down. They show this. I don't know how heavy the Big Bite is, but it does seem like an awkward solution.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #45
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Hmm - so you can! And it's not impossible - in fact it's easier than I thought. When I first read your post I thought no way! But it's very heavy to hold, since it is designed for desk-top use. And you need good lighting from above.
SCS Photo Challenge #205 ~ Get Stuffed
Ways to Use It : Thursday Challenge ~ Ornamental Ornaments
Techniques ~ Monday is Technique Time; TLC5102: A Zip and a Dash
Old 04-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #46
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelrose View Post
The demo videos for the Big Bite that I watched say you can see where the hole is going if you hold the thing in your hand and turn it upside down. They show this. I don't know how heavy the Big Bite is, but it does seem like an awkward solution.
I will have to watch the video, but I can't imagine holding the Big Bite upside down, holding the paper in the slot with the paper (and finally with the eyelet) in place and being able to squeeze that handle with the same hand that is holding it. I have enough trouble lining everything up while the machine is sitting securely on my work table.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:07 AM   #47
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne3579 View Post
I will have to watch the video, but I can't imagine holding the Big Bite upside down, holding the paper in the slot with the paper (and finally with the eyelet) in place and being able to squeeze that handle with the same hand that is holding it. I have enough trouble lining everything up while the machine is sitting securely on my work table.
Ah, but you only need to hold it upside down to punch the hole - once that's done you can still set the eyelet with it sitting on the table as usual.
But to be honest I was only trying it out to see could it be done! I never realised you could look through the bottom before . I find it perfectly satisfactory to mark my hole spot with a little pencil cross and check I have it positioned right once I start pressing down on the punch part.
SCS Photo Challenge #205 ~ Get Stuffed
Ways to Use It : Thursday Challenge ~ Ornamental Ornaments
Techniques ~ Monday is Technique Time; TLC5102: A Zip and a Dash
Old 04-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #48
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
Ah, but you only need to hold it upside down to punch the hole - once that's done you can still set the eyelet with it sitting on the table as usual.
But to be honest I was only trying it out to see could it be done! I never realised you could look through the bottom before . I find it perfectly satisfactory to mark my hole spot with a little pencil cross and check I have it positioned right once I start pressing down on the punch part.
Thanks for your response. I will continue using mine like you do.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #49
Mad Swapper

Just my two cents . I only have the Big Bite and I use it all the time. I'm glad to have the extra reach when I need it. I just make a pencil mark and look from the side to line up my punch. Never had a problem yet with punching the hole exactly where I wanted it to be.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #50
Die Cut Diva

Well, I have to learn to use my CAD now that I have it! I can punch a hole, but haven't set an eyelet yet. Maybe later today I'll play with that.

Good to know you have not had problems with placement with the BB, since I may, as so many seem to, end up with both eventually.