Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #41
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly63 View Post
I checked out the Home pro Lr and the only thing that makes me hesitate is that there are so many other tools you have to buy to set the eyelets etc... My new Cropodile seems fine. I wonder why that is when so many are saying there's aren't working?
I think a lot of the issues happened during shipping. My black setting attachments appear to be just slightly out of alignment, making it harder to set eyelets. But I think that it just banged up during shipping. UPS is not always that gentle!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #42
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly63 View Post
I checked out the Home pro Lr and the only thing that makes me hesitate is that there are so many other tools you have to buy to set the eyelets etc... My new Cropodile seems fine. I wonder why that is when so many are saying there's aren't working?
I had a Home Pro LR and what I didn't like about it was that in order punch holes, you had to change out the top and bottom parts for punching. Then to set eyelets, you had to change out the top and bottom parts. I also had a problem of the eyelet sometimes being stuck on the post of the LR Pro. In order to get it "unstuck" I would invariably rip the paper. (It didn't always stick but it was enough to make me not want to use it.)

Kimberly
Old 01-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #43
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via MSN to arubberstamper

I thought of the same thing about the Home Pro Lr too... You have to fiddle so much with it and then you have to buy extra things for it each time that you are going to use. I bought the CAD II cause I don't have a silent setter,It's been working fine for me, if need be I still have my Click-It From Karen Foster. I will use the CAD II probably as much as I use that Click-It. But so glad I did get the CAD II.
arubberstamper
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #44
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter2 View Post
I had that problem with mine with the 1/8" hole. I fixed it. I'll try to describe what I did.
1. Begin by gently pressing the lever with the selecter set on the 3/16" punch. Don't force it - you just want it to come down so you can see where it is misaligned.
(Just a side note - by profession I'm a mechanical engineer and there's a law somewhere that says we must mess with everything until we fix it or make it worse)
GOD BLESS YOU!!!! I just received my Big Bite today (surprise for me, 'cause I just got an email that I would receive it after Feb. 10th!!) and I was so excited to try it out. Mine was 1/16" out of alignment with the hole and I was bummed. I tried trusty old SCS and found your awesome directions. Now it works great. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I speak the truth not so much as I would, but as much as I dare,
.......and I dare a little more as I grow older.
-Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)
Old 01-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #45
Hardware Hotshot

Well after about 4 hours of trying, I've boxed mine up and I'm sending it back tomorrow. So disappointed - I'm not usually an ''early adopter'' of new technology but I went out on a limb this time. I've tried eyelets of various brands, sizes and shapes; tried splitting the backs as suggested and they worked better but still not well. The only gromlet I tried has one prong going inward and the rest STUCK TO THE TOOL and damaged the rubber. Seriously, I had to pry it loose from the dang thing!

I'm sending them the samples I've made and resisted the urge to include curses because I have to pay return shipping. Glad I kept my original - almost let my BF take it last weekend!
SCS Fan Club Member #68691
http://gaylestamps.stampinup.net
Old 01-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #46
Gabfest Goddess

Call HSN. If it is defective, they will not charge you the return shipping when you use the prepaid label. The lady just told me you had to call so they could make note of it in the computer.
HTH