Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-22-2006, 08:17 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRICUT!!

This may seem so silly but I am sooooo excited. My LSS had the Cricut advertised for $149.99 in a pre Thanksgiving Midnight Madness Sale. I got there 1 1/2 hours before they opened and I was number 5 in line and they had 5 Cricuts! I got the last one!!!!! Whoo hoo! I am so excited.

Sorry but had to share!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 08:39 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I was at M's (In Canada) today and they had Cricut on sale for $239... i almost bought one! I'm still tempted :S

Congrats on your score!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2006, 10:29 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW! OK, now I'm officially jealous, lol. I got mine at QVC and it included an extra, exclusive cartridge. So, the current "sale" prices have been sort of what I paid if you subtract out the cartridge. But $149....that's WAY low!! Congrats on your score!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2006, 12:16 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Jennifer,

That's AWESOME !!! I love my Cricut. I'm one of those who can't wait for sales, etc, so I end up paying too much. I got mine at M's w/my 40% coupon before they stopped doing that. Now I noticed that HL has the same note on their coupon (can't use it for Cricut or accessories)....... You were quite lucky!!! What cartridges do you have???

Jacque
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2006, 12:58 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

My girlfriend, who lives in Fargo, ND, called me Tuesday night and told me she ran into her Michaels to pick something else up and noticed that they were having an "Unadvertised Special" ---CRICUT was 1/2 OFF!!!! Yes!!! It's really true!! Also, ALL of the cartridges were also 1/2 off!! This includes the newest ones just released :mrgreen: Other Cricut accessories were NOT included though--like the mats and tools, etc. So she frantically called me and asked me if I wanted any of the new cartridges! So she picked me up 2 of the new cartridges that were just released.
Then I called my girlfriend here who didnt have the machine yet and she was quick to say she would love the machine if they had one left so Darcy went back tonight to check and was able to get Jen the machine for LESS than 1/2 off tonight and a cartridge for 1/2 off!!! This is just unbelieveable!!! :p
Darcy asked the gal in charge of that dept. at Michaels what was going on and that gal replied that now Wal-Mart in Fargo is carrying Cricut and they are just trying to stay in competition with their prices!!!!!!!!!! Have you ladies heard that Wal Mart is carrying Cricut?! This was total news to me!!! I thought that the retailers had to sign this 'agreement' with the makers of the Cricut stating that they would sell it for a certain price, etc. and that is why JoAnns, Michaels, and the other stores can not honor the 40% off coupons anymore?! So we called our Super Wal-Mart here and they had not heard of the Cricut being carried at our local store --- have any of you seen it at your stores?
Sooo.... just a friendly heads up to everyone.......check out your local Wal-Marts and also check your Michaels for these 'un-advertised specials'!!!!! Esp now on Friday for the special holiday deals!! Darcy stated she had to actually walk up to the locked display case at Michaels on Tuesday to see the special but today there were signs hanging near the front door about it.
Good Luck!! ;)
~ Teresa ~ Member #4536
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2006, 03:55 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow. Good for you have fun playing with your new toy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2006, 06:15 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks!! I've heard that since Walmart is going to be selling the Cricut cheaper that Michael's is going to drop their prices also!! I just have the George and Teardrop Cartridge. I really want the Tags, Bags and Boxes one. I'm in the process of selling a retired alpha here on SCS and when that money goes into my paypal account I'm going to buy it off ebay. With other money I have from retired stuff I've sold it will be like getting it for free!! Is it sad that I'm bummed that I have to go to my families houses for Thanksgiving and I'd rather just stay home and play!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2006, 08:44 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

I was at Michael's and Walmart on Tuesday and they were both selling for $179. A gal in Micheal's told me they wouldn't be advertising the price because of some deal with Provo Craft that they can't advertise a sale price in a flyer. Walmart's was the same price and cartridges were $54 on up. I didn't get one though. Can't seem to justify it for my SU business so don't know if it would be worth it. How is anyone using it for SU business purposes? Would love to hear.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm going to use it for my scrapbooking and my personal cards. Of course I'll be using Stampin Up paper. I really want the Tags, Bags and Boxes font (which I just bought on the bay) so I can make cute boxes for my hostess items that I give out. I can easily stamp on the boxes before assembling them and show how they are related to Stampin Up. But I do have to agree...it's more of a personal purchase than a professional purchase!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

So jealous of all of you. I didn't have to have one of these until I saw samples on here & the Cricut page. Now I really want one. I wentto my Walmart the other night & they didn't have one. Good think or I might have brought it home. I haven't checked Michaels lately since I probably shouldn't buy it right now anyway. But I sooooo want one! I love that you can make them all different sizes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2006, 11:40 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

I'm not going to use my Cricut for my SU business since we don't sell it. I use it when my friend & I stamp together----she used it to make her thank you cards for baby gifts. It's a fun machine and quite easy to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2006, 10:55 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow ladies,

I just bought me cricuit today at Michaels. I'm so excited it was on sale for $179 and the cartridges for $49.99. The coupon that was in the flyer for 25% off your entire order before 9am said that it wasn't for cricuit products, but one of the cashiers said when they scaned the coupon it work for the cricuit products.

Okay long story short, I got my cricuit for $134.25 and 2 cartridges for $37.50each. What a steal. Sorry I just wanted to share.

Thanks,
Trisha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2006, 11:09 AM   #13  
Kec
Rubber Obsessor

I got the same deal Trisha did. I wasn't really even in the market a Cricut, but when I saw that deal, I had to have it. I got the machine for $134 and a cartridge for $37.50. Considering the machine alone was $299, that is such a steal. Yehaw!

--Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2006, 12:29 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I just got back from Michaels with 4 new cartridges!! At $37.50 each I couldn't pass them up!!! Now I guess I better figure out how to use the darn thing!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Our Michael's was out of the new cartridges - the zoo one (David Walker). If any of you have it in stock near you, and can buy it for me I will pay you back PLUS send May Arts ribbon to play with! Email first just in case - don't want more than one of the cartridges!
Ours were 49.99 and you could use coupons also.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh that's so cool you guys got at such a good price and M's let you use the extra 25% coupon. What a deal!! I already have the machine, so I bought Tear Drop. I already have Tags, Bags & Boxes which is to die for and Doodlecharms. I don't really like any of the new carts, they are cool, but I'm not into them. That's good bc it saved me some $$ to buy the cuttlebug. hehe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2006, 04:59 PM   #17  
Inking Addict

I spoke to a friend of mine that owns a scrapbook store. Buy your Cricut now at Michaels, JoAnne's and Walmart. These large vendors have any agreement with Provocraft that they can sell these for these low prices but once they are sold out...........no more great deals. This is a one time deal. My friend that owns a scrapbook store has an agreement with Provocraft and he cannot sell the Cricut for lower then 229.00. He told me that his wholesale cost is 179.00 for the Cricut. So get these deals while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Babette from Illionis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2006, 06:18 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_place_for_ink
Our Michael's was out of the new cartridges - the zoo one (David Walker). If any of you have it in stock near you, and can buy it for me I will pay you back PLUS send May Arts ribbon to play with! Email first just in case - don't want more than one of the cartridges!
Ours were 49.99 and you could use coupons also.
You may want to check www.creativexpress.com They had this cartridge in stock, and the cartridges were on sale for $47 & $37 each. You have to put the item in your cart to see the sale price.
My Blog: A Reinvented Mom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2006, 07:06 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I was in WalMart this morning doing the lovely Black Friday shopping and saw the Cricut there. I don't remember what the price is, but since it's likely I'll be going back there I'll let you know what they're selling for here in Hawaii.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2006, 07:42 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

I went back to Michaels today and got another cartridge for $39.99!

I wonder why they are selling them so low when they wouldn't even let you use the coupons before!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #21  
Glitter Queen

I also got my Cricut yesterday at Michael's with a 25% off coupon making it $135. I even asked a manager if I could use the coupon because it does say you can't use it for Cricut products but he said I could!
Reply With Quote Likes