Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-07-2015, 12:26 PM   #2921
Crimping Master

Does anyone know if the Forum on the Cricut website is working? I haven't used it for a long time and I haven't been able to get in it for over a week, unless I'm missing something!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-07-2015, 03:02 PM   #2922
Compulsive Stamper

It is closed. Everyone moved to FB sites. Cricut does have a blog and you can find them on Youtube.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:42 PM   #2923
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolin View Post
It is closed. Everyone moved to FB sites. Cricut does have a blog and you can find them on Youtube.
Thank you so much for letting me know! I thought I was going nuts!
Old 11-09-2015, 03:14 AM   #2924
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamL View Post
Does anyone know if the Forum on the Cricut website is working? I haven't used it for a long time and I haven't been able to get in it for over a week, unless I'm missing something!
Hi there PamL. The Cricut Circle is still open however, you have to pay a fee or I believe you can still use your Cricut points to join. At any rate, it is a yearly fee and you receive a Cricut cartridge plus other benefits. You can check out the site to see how to join. That forum is still going on and several of us are still members there.

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 11-20-2015, 04:46 PM   #2925
Polyshrink Goddess

Smokiesgal,
I don't belong to any Facebook groups or the circut circle, so I don't have anywhere else I can ask this question. Is there any information about when a new gypsy update might be coming? I have the new ctmh artistry cart and would love to get it loaded onto my gypsy. Maybe post the question on the circle forum and see if anybody has heard any rumors........?
Old 11-20-2015, 06:58 PM   #2926
Glitter Guru

I love my Gypsy. If they ever stop supporting it, I'll be sorely tempted to sell my whole Cricut kaboodle (two machines and 220+ carts) and be done with them.

What I'd REALLY love is a new & improved Gypsy (larger screen, more tools, etc.) and a truly portable cutter that uses physical carts and/ or carts loaded on a Gypsy/Gypsy-like device, is not internet-dependent, and has the duo heads and cutting quality of the Explore.

Provo Craft has totally left their original customer base -- the folks who bought into the system because it was portable -- by the wayside. I have better cutters with MUCH better design programs, but the old Cricuts (the original and the first Expression) are truly portable and great for using in places where an internet connection may be spotty or nonexistent. We need something portable like these old workhorses, but with onboard drawing & scoring, and improved cutting.
sewnmachine and glendak like this post.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:24 PM   #2927
Crimping Master

I hear what you are saying, TheOtherMeg. I have an E2, and one of the reasons I got it, (and the 150+ cartridges to go along with it) was I could take it to classes, and to crops, etc, and no computer was needed to run it. It would work with the Gypsy, and was simple. I now feel Provo Craft just pumps out a new machine each year to make money, and doesn't bother to support the investments or machines we have purchased in the past. You are right, with all the money their customer base has invested in their products, they shouldn't be so quick to ignore or disregard that base. Those are clients you can easily lose who will get frustrated. I too feel like you; as much as I love my E2, without showing support, why would I want to invest in any more of their products, when they are unwilling to support the ones they already have?????
TheOtherMeg and Annecards like this post.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:15 PM   #2928
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
I hear what you are saying, TheOtherMeg. I have an E2, and one of the reasons I got it, (and the 150+ cartridges to go along with it) was I could take it to classes, and to crops, etc, and no computer was needed to run it. It would work with the Gypsy, and was simple. I now feel Provo Craft just pumps out a new machine each year to make money, and doesn't bother to support the investments or machines we have purchased in the past. You are right, with all the money their customer base has invested in their products, they shouldn't be so quick to ignore or disregard that base. Those are clients you can easily lose who will get frustrated. I too feel like you; as much as I love my E2, without showing support, why would I want to invest in any more of their products, when they are unwilling to support the ones they already have?????
Exactly!

Also, PC has proven itself very computer (or, at least, software) dumb. Their constant problems with updates and their inability to create a design program that is as robust as programs that have been around for years proves this (to me, anyway). I hesitate to invest in anything from them that's dependent upon internet access and their own software & servers. If their design program was something I could download and manage on my own, that'd be one thing, but to rely on them to do even the simplest of cuts... I'm not ready to take that leap. They abandon machines and programs right and left. At least with my old Expressions (yes, I bought a backup!) and physical carts, I can keep using my purchases after PC walks away from yet another system.
lovetostamp3 and Annecards like this post.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:55 AM   #2929
Die Cut Diva

ProvoCraft is no longer providing updates for the Gypsy. They have, in fact, stopped supporting it, and I don't think they are replacing/repairing them anymore.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:10 AM   #2930
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
ProvoCraft is no longer providing updates for the Gypsy. They have, in fact, stopped supporting it, and I don't think they are replacing/repairing them anymore.
I know they no longer provide updates to design capabilities, but last I knew (it's been a while!), they were still providing cartridge/library updates. It always took a while after a new cart was released for them to get around to it, but eventually we could link new carts to our Gypsys.

Are they no longer providing cartridge/library updates???

So many people love the Gypsy. It boggles my mind that PC abandoned it and never even came out with a new and improved version. They just want everyone toeing the line on the PC-controlled online programs. grrr. Some of us really need more portability than that.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:48 AM   #2931
Matboard Maniac

Oh yes, I would also love to know whether or not a cartridge/library will be updated. I would prefer to not waste my time waiting for one if one is not coming.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:46 PM   #2932
Die Cut Diva

From what I've read and heard, they are not providing any more updates at all. That's what I meant by my earlier post. Sadly, they have totally stopped suppport of any kind.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #2933
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
Smokiesgal,
I don't belong to any Facebook groups or the circut circle, so I don't have anywhere else I can ask this question. Is there any information about when a new gypsy update might be coming? I have the new ctmh artistry cart and would love to get it loaded onto my gypsy. Maybe post the question on the circle forum and see if anybody has heard any rumors........?
I posted a note on the Circle forum to see if anyone knows if there is a new update coming. I gave my Gypsy to my daughter so, I am not keeping up with it anymore. However, you can always call PC support directly and they will be able to tell you. If I hear any different, I will let you know.

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 11-29-2015, 06:28 AM   #2934
Stampin' Fool

I am so disappointed with provo craft over the whole gypsy thing.
And now with the new machines you have to be connected to your computer. No!!
The reason I bought 2 cricuts, and a butt-load of carts was so i didn't have to
be connected. And i could take it wherever i went.The new stuff isn't
ANDROID friendly yet.
My husband keeps saying it's time to just by the new one, I can't do it. Maybe it's
time to go with a new company.
hoptownracer1 and TheOtherMeg like this post.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:34 PM   #2935
Rubber Obsessor

Default cricuit

I have so much invested in the old one I don't want to upgrade to wireless. I need to find another operating old one in case this one goes down. I am disappointed too in all the upgrads and online stuff.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:27 PM   #2936
Rubber Obsessor

I own a gypsy, 2 circuit originals and 1 small circuit. I stopped buying carts when they would not update software to allow SCAL. I will keep the ones I have. I purchased the second one as a back up when the new versions would not support SCAL. I love other PC items, but will never purchase a system that requires their technical support or upgrades as they don't support the product. My next cutter purchase will be with a company that will not require only their carts or items on only their site. They have no idea how much business they have lost not just from me but I used to praise their product and endorsed it to many students and associates.
CottageBliss likes this post.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #2937
Inking Addict

I have Cricut Expression and it is fine except it does a poor job of small and intricate cuts. I got the german blade, played with settings and it is better but not great. It appears that the Circut Explore cuts better than the Expression and even the Silhouette. If I got Explore, will it work with all the cartridges I have? Or do I have to upload them to the web? Or should I just forget Cricut and move on to Silhouette. I really prefer plug and play, I don't have time for the steep learning curve that seems to be necessary for Silhouette or messing with any software.
I have a Mac/Yosemite and it sounds like people are having trouble with that. I suppose I could get one at Joann, try it out and return it if I don't like it.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #2938
Polyshrink Goddess

If you linked your carts to CCR then they will be available to you in design space. No uploading. You can also pay for a subscription that will give you access to all the images. Design space will also permit you to import svg files from outside parties.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:03 AM   #2939
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

do any of you know if there is a cartridge that has anything for USMC ( Marine Corps) on it? ( someone told me she vaguely remembered a set that had the EGA on it)

thanks in advance,
Old 12-15-2015, 11:26 AM   #2940
Cardstock Collector

Try Stand and Salute. I think it might.
JBgreendawn likes this post.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:49 AM   #2941
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Okay so, now I have a new question, is it always better to buy the actual cartridge rather than the digital download because? ( what if they say do away with their site, will the machine ) Explore One still work with just plugging the cartridge into it?

(the one my mom has does not hook up to a computer so, she only buys cartridges)
Old 12-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #2942
Polyshrink Goddess

None of the Explores will work with a cartridge plugged into it. The cartridge is used to link to your Cricut account, but the cartridges won't work like in the Expression machines.

I still like the Explore, and I still have my cartridges and Expression.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:01 AM   #2943
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

ahhh so, if that is the case I may as well not buy another cartridge and just buy the downloads right? THANKS
Old 12-23-2015, 07:35 AM   #2944
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
ahhh so, if that is the case I may as well not buy another cartridge and just buy the downloads right? THANKS
My thinking is the exact opposite. lol

I buy physical carts because they can be used across all Cricut machines. The downloads/Explore won't work without an internet connection.

Without Gypsy support, though, I'm not interested in buying carts now. I bought into the Cricut system because it was portable and could be used as a standalone cutter. No computer or internet required. Plug and play. The Expression has never been as good as my KNKs with excellent design software (that I own and have installed on my computers), but it had them beat in the portability department.

I still use my Expression and Gypsy at school and other places without reliable wifi. I even have a backup Expression in the closet. I don't see myself getting an Explore because I have great cutters with awesome design software so why buy another computer-dependent machine (with clunky design software) -- that MUST be online, no less!

Cricut really needs to remember why so many people bought into the system in the first place. Portability. Offer us an Expression-type machine (with a large onboard display screen and the option to use physical carts or a portable design device) that cuts as well as the Explore and has the dual heads. Offer us a new and improved Gypsy/Gypsy-like design device. There are buyers for these things!

Cater to both the computer/online-dependent folks AND those who need portable/standalone cutters. Why abandon all the folks in the second group? It doesn't make sense. We're not even asking for new technology, just a repackaging/update of what PC is already providing the online-dependent folks.

Last edited by TheOtherMeg; 12-23-2015 at 07:40 AM..
bacon, hoptownracer1 and lovetostamp3 like this post.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:25 PM   #2945
Insane Embellisher

Smile

I'm like you; I don't want to hook my cricut up to a computer. I like it to be stand alone, and I like having the physical cartridges. Would be great if they could make a newer and improved gypsy. I like my expression and baby bug!
bacon, caterinafmig and TheOtherMeg like this post.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #2946
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoptownracer1 View Post
I'm like you; I don't want to hook my cricut up to a computer. I like it to be stand alone, and I like having the physical cartridges. Would be great if they could make a newer and improved gypsy. I like my expression and baby bug!

I am computer challenged so like you, the cricut sits on the desk by its lonesome using cartridges.
hoptownracer1 and lovetostamp3 like this post.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #2947
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoptownracer1 View Post
My thoughts exactly! I just bought an expression, used but in excellent condition. I am very excited!
hoptownracer1 and lovetostamp3 like this post.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:27 PM   #2948
Insane Embellisher

Smile

That's awesome! I hope you will enjoy it a lot!
bacon likes this post.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #2949
Compulsive Stamper

Does anyone know if the Stampin' Up! pens will fit in the new Explore Air? I do not actually own any Stampin' Up! pens and want to be sure before trying to invest for an upcoming project. The idea of having the pen/stamp pad in exactly the same shade would perfect!

While I would much prefer an option to take my own carts offline, and only have to connect if I want to use something that I don't currently own - I am loving the iPad app.

I do understand the concerns about having to be connected, and thus am likely to also hang on to my Gypsy until I feel confident in their level of support for the Design Space program. Hopefully they'll keep updating, and eventually allow the end-user to decide whether or not to be connected to the cloud.
lovetostamp3 likes this post.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #2950
Kookie Creator

Default Will the future Explore Air machines need internet?

Sorry if this has been discussed. This is an incredibly long thread and a few searches didn't come up with anything.

I currently own the Pazzles Inspiration and am ready to upgrade to a newer machine. I'd like to go for the Explore Air. I don't really love the fact that you need an internet connection for it to work, but that's not necessarily a deal breaker for me. Is there any buzz about what the next generation Explore might include/not include? If there is talk of standalone capabilities coming down the road, I'll wait it out. My Pazzles still works and is fine for my needs for the time being. But if Cricut is strongly committed the internet connection I might just go ahead and but the Explore Air sooner than later.

I know no one can no for sure, but I just wonder if there was any gossip out there regarding this issue.

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #2951
Inking Addict

deleted

Last edited by stricklandpm; 02-09-2016 at 01:20 PM..
Old 02-09-2016, 01:20 PM   #2952
Inking Addict

Default Will the future Explore Air machines need internet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctychick View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed. This is an incredibly long thread and a few searches didn't come up with anything.

I currently own the Pazzles Inspiration and am ready to upgrade to a newer machine. I'd like to go for the Explore Air. I don't really love the fact that you need an internet connection for it to work, but that's not necessarily a deal breaker for me. Is there any buzz about what the next generation Explore might include/not include? If there is talk of standalone capabilities coming down the road, I'll wait it out. My Pazzles still works and is fine for my needs for the time being. But if Cricut is strongly committed the internet connection I might just go ahead and but the Explore Air sooner than later.

I know no one can no for sure, but I just wonder if there was any gossip out there regarding this issue.

Thanks!

I wrote to them before I bought mine and they assured me they are working on this. We really need to be able to save things on our computers and not be bound to an internet connection!

Last edited by stricklandpm; 02-09-2016 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: wrong title
SoBelle0 likes this post.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:59 AM   #2953
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stricklandpm View Post

I wrote to them before I bought mine and they assured me they are working on this. We really need to be able to save things on our computers and not be bound to an internet connection!
So does this mean that this would be a software upgrade to the current Explore Air or would you need to buy a new machine?
Old 02-10-2016, 03:05 AM   #2954
Die Cut Diva

Does anyone know if, and how, to transfer saved .cut files, or how to import them into Design Space? I'd hate to lose all the files I've created over the years, and I want to use them with my new machine. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2016, 04:39 AM   #2955
Matboard Maniac

I haven't used my Cricut Expression for two years-so gave to my niece. EVRERYTHING! But I do have alot of the certificates.... are these still used?? Is there anyway to transfer to her since she has the machine? I didn't know what was involved to move to her?? TIA!
Old 02-10-2016, 06:01 AM   #2956
Inking Addict

Default Transfer my own cut file to Design Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
Does anyone know if, and how, to transfer saved .cut files, or how to import them into Design Space? I'd hate to lose all the files I've created over the years, and I want to use them with my new machine. Thanks!
Go to Cricut.com, set up a Cricut ID, and you will have access tutorials and videos that tell you how to do almost anything you need to do. Just click on the support button. It is too complicated to give directions on this forum.

Here is a link to the subject on You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmvr...k#action=share
sherry107 likes this post.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:03 AM   #2957
Inking Addict

Default Circut Explore internet required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctychick View Post
So does this mean that this would be a software upgrade to the current Explore Air or would you need to buy a new machine?
It would be software to install on your computer. You Cricut machine would then also be able to do everything on your computer as well as the internet.
Check out these Facebook support groups - you will get much more help and information there. They all have many helpful members and are very active:
Lets Learn Cricut Explore
Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space
Cricut Explore & Design Space

Last edited by stricklandpm; 02-10-2016 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: add information
ctychick likes this post.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:07 AM   #2958
Kookie Creator

Default Best deals or places to buy?

Does the Explore Air ever go on sale anywhere? I've seen deals on the Explore One, but I definitely want the wireless version. Also, do you find the bundles to be worth it? On the Cricut website I see bundles ranging from the machine only to the machine + a ton of supplies. I already have a ton of vinyl, so those bundles don't interest me. I'm just looking for advice on how I should go about finding the best deal or package. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #2959
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Go to Cricut.com, set up a Cricut ID, and you will have access tutorials and videos that tell you how to do almost anything you need to do. Just click on the support button. It is too complicated to give directions on this forum.

Here is a link to the subject on You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmvr...k#action=share
I already have a Cricut ID, so I'll check that out. Thanks for the link and the help.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #2960
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
It would be software to install on your computer. You Cricut machine would then also be able to do everything on your computer as well as the internet.
Check out these Facebook support groups - you will get much more help and information there. They all have many helpful members and are very active:
Lets Learn Cricut Explore
Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space
Cricut Explore & Design Space
Thank you. I'll check these out.