Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #2921
Rubber Obsessor

Has anyone uploaded the cricut handbooks that they have shortened to put on the Ipad?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:20 PM   #2922
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes. I use an app called Good Reader. I have the books on my iPad and my iPhone.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #2923
Proud Fan Club Member

I have not read all 74 pages of the Cricut thread so if this was talked about before then I'm sorry to repeat the question. I have just removed the plastic sheet from a new Cricut mat (the green one) and the smell of the mat is so offensive it is hard to work in my 10x12 space. My paper even picked up the odor from the mat and it was only on there about 5 to 10 minutes!!
I tried putting it outdoors for a time but I needed to use it again. Is there any way to get rid of the stink?? I'm sure over time it will eventually go away but for now it's giving me a headache. I don't mind leaving it outside or in the garage during the night, but it seems as though the plastic sheet has to be off (I did not smell them before removing the sheeting, I have had them for 6 weeks already) and I don't want the mats to get dusty or dirty while they are uncovered!!

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
J.26 F.31 M.24 A. 22
Old 02-05-2014, 11:16 PM   #2924
Die Cut Diva

I always hate to tell people to do this because it's like calling the IRS for a wait time. I would call ProvoCraft about your mats. It is the glue that is causing the fumes. Those fumes are really dangerous. Years ago over at the Cricut forum we were having a discussion about the mat fumes.

I wrote I almost ended up in the hospital with an asthma attack. One of the members her child did end up in the hospital. Apparently PC read my message. This is when they cared. They wanted to replace the mats or compensate me for them. I told them not to worry about it. I would be happy if they fixed the glue issue.

The newer mats are supposed to be better with less odors. I have bought a set of mats last year. The smell was much better. I would definitely call and tell them.

Don't feel bad it's not just Cricut. Some of the other die cutter's have even worse smelling mats. These companies really need a new glue manufacturer. I think they are using the same ones. I know at the time PC was using a mfg. from China.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 02-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #2925
Die Cut Diva

I always hate to tell people to do this because it's like calling the IRS for a wait time. I would call ProvoCraft about your mats. It is the glue that is causing the fumes. Those fumes are really dangerous. Years ago over at the Cricut forum we were having a discussion about the mat fumes.

I wrote I almost ended up in the hospital with an asthma attack. One of the members her child did end up in the hospital. Apparently PC read my message. This is when they cared. They wanted to replace the mats or compensate me for them. I told them not to worry about it. I would be happy if they fixed the glue issue.

The newer mats are supposed to be better with less odors. I have bought a set of mats last year. The smell was much better. I would definitely call and tell them.

Don't feel bad it's not just Cricut. Some of the other die cutter's have even worse smelling mats. These companies really need a new glue manufacturer. I think they are using the same ones. I know at the time PC was using a mfg. from China.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:00 AM   #2926
Die Cut Diva

I am sorry about the double post. My Internet had a glitch due to the cold.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #2927
Proud Fan Club Member

DeeAnn, thanks for the information. I guess I knew as a last resort to call PC but like you said about the IRS, I need a time when I can sit on hold. These are some of their brand new mats, the standard strength ones..... yes, I believe it is coming from the glue used on the mat.
It deeply concerns me if the glue might be toxic. PC is still using manufacturers from China for the mats I have!!
J.26 F.31 M.24 A. 22
Old 02-12-2014, 02:13 AM   #2928
Matboard Maniac

Maybe a Cricut is in my future. I am not tech savvy, how complicated is this machine to use? Where is the best place to read about the machine?

Tara
Old 02-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #2929
Stampin' Fool

I can't tell you about the newer ones, as I have an Expression and the baby one. I watched a friend use hers one day, and I was able to get the hang of it with mine. They have great tutorials on Youtube. That's where I go to learn about lots of things.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #2930
Polyshrink Goddess

Is there some trick to registering my new Expressions2, or a trick to becoming a Member so I can use my Digital Image Credits? When I try to do either, I get a message to try again later, but I'm getting tired of trying again later and getting scared my kids gifted me with an albatross that will cause me more problems than it's worth. If phoning for help is like phoning the IRS, I'm remembering when I phoned the IRS and it took me five years and hundreds of phone calls before they finally admitted their mistake and stopped threatening to ruin my life. Life's short, maybe too short for an Expressions2? Are you in love with yours?
Old 03-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #2931
Matboard Maniac

I remember my first purchase of a Cricut. I watched the DVD that was included in it and felt very threatened. But then I jumped in and found it to be very easy. Now that said...The Expression2 has a bit of learning curve. But not to bad. I would call it an UN-learning curve because it does work a bit differently. Just remember..."It is only paper" and you will do fine.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #2932
Insane Embellisher

I am in love with my E2, then again, I never had a prior Expression, it was my first.

It's been easy for me to use, videos on the internet have been great, and my personal experience with ProvoCraft has been wonderful. Yes, I may have to be on hold for awhile, however, when a company has a number of products they are supporting, I expect that to happen. Every Cust. Service Rep has been very polite and helpful, then again, I've never been rude to them. If I've had an issue, they have been quick to send out a replacement part at no cost, so I can't complain.

I'm not a computer whiz, so I like the variety of cartridges, and have fun changing/altering them thru the CCR and it works great for me with my E2 as well. So, I'm a happy camper with the products, and they work for me and my crafting needs and I've had great success!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #2933
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
I am in love with my E2, then again, I never had a prior Expression, it was my first.
, and they work for me and my crafting needs and I've had great success!
Ahhhh! Bless you, you give me hope. FINALLY I got registered today with no idea why twenty tries over a week didn't get me registered. This is my first electronic cutter too, a gift from my children. Otherwise I would have returned it because a struggle just to get it registered seemed a very bad omen.

Thanks to all for your replies,
Soon-to-b-happy E2 User
Old 03-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #2934
Hardware Hotshot

Default cricut explore

Working with my new Cricut Explore. I love love love it!!!! I am not a computer whiz or anything close to it but so far after three days with the explore I have cut from the image library and svg images without any trouble. It is so quiet when cutting and so far no wasted paper...... hope the good times continues
smokiesgal likes this post.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #2935
Stazon Splitcoast

I too am loving my new Explore. It cuts vinyl like "buttah"!

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:49 AM   #2936
Pearl-ExPert

for those that have the explore, does it only work if you are connected to the internet? and have you tried it with MDS?
member #1989

if you don't talk to your cat about catnip who will?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #2937
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycattracks View Post
for those that have the explore, does it only work if you are connected to the internet? and have you tried it with MDS?
Yes, it only works if you are connected to the internet.

Yes, I have used MDS with the Explore. That being said, I only exported various images as SVGs and then sized and cut them on the Explore. I added a card to the gallery here this afternoon which included little birds. The birds were exported from MDS, uploaded to the Explore Design Space and cut. The bird image is saved to my DS. So when I go to search my images, it is there for me to use again and again.
mycattracks likes this post.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:50 PM   #2938
Stazon Splitcoast

Explore only works when connected to the internet. I have a new Dell using windows 8.1

I am not sure what MDS is. Please clue me in.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #2939
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Explore only works when connected to the internet. I have a new Dell using windows 8.1

I am not sure what MDS is. Please clue me in.
MDS is Stampin' Up's digital software program, My Digital Studio.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:05 PM   #2940
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gails View Post
MDS is Stampin' Up's digital software program, My Digital Studio.
Thanks for clueing me in. I don't have that program so I can't compare with the Explore.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #2941
Proud Fan Club Member

For those ladies that have the new Explore, please let me hear more!!
I need to decide if I really want one but since they are so new.......my past experience with Provo Craft has not always been the best, but that was a couple years ago. I have since fallen back in love with Cricut and they seem to have made all the updates to all their devices that will allow them all to work together again, IE; Cricut, CCR, Gypsy.
J.26 F.31 M.24 A. 22
Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #2942
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon,
I am really enjoying my new Explore. I work during the week so have limited time to spend using it. However, this past weekend I created a birthday card and used the marker to write my sentiment. That was pretty slick and love the new markers too! I also created another project linking two entirely different images together (one was all words) where I was able to take the sentiment image and place it over the other image (rectangle) and create a project to frame. I did it to understand how to create invitations. I am so excited about being able to use it for this!!! There are many things I will be exploring with this machine and every week I learn something new. I go to bed thinking about what my next project will be and super excited to use it with my scrapbooking! It does require you to be connected to the internet but I am so happy I purchased my machine. I also have a few other Cricut machines (long time user) and a Silhouette and I plan to keep it as well. However, I have to say my Explore is my most favorite machine in the house right now!

I hope this helps with your decision making process. Let us know what you decide to do.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:47 AM   #2943
Proud Fan Club Member

Dell or anyone, have you posted any cards of layouts with cuts made using the Explorer?? I did take a look at yours Gail. Pretty neat how you can export an svg file then cut it with another program, (MDS cut with Explorer) if I understood that correctly.
J.26 F.31 M.24 A. 22
Old 03-28-2014, 06:49 AM   #2944
Polyshrink Goddess

After buying new mats , I learned that if, you wipe your mat on a regular bases with a baby wipe, it will stay sticky longer. Its awesome.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #2945
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
Dell or anyone, have you posted any cards of layouts with cuts made using the Explorer?? I did take a look at yours Gail. Pretty neat how you can export an svg file then cut it with another program, (MDS cut with Explorer) if I understood that correctly.
If you go to my blog you can see the St. Patrick's Day card I cut and a vinyl piece I put on my machine. I have cut other items but haven't had time to post them yet. I love my machine!

Old 04-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #2946
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is a card I created from the ready to make projects in Cricut Design Space.
Attached Thumbnails
ag-card-butterfly.jpg  

Old 04-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #2947
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Here is a card I created from the ready to make projects in Cricut Design Space.
Your card is just beautiful!! So intricate.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:07 AM   #2948
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
Your card is just beautiful!! So intricate.
Thank you!

I plan to use the Explore this weekend to cut some vinyl and make a few other projects. This machine is so quiet and I just love all the features it has to it.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #2949
Crimping Master

Does the MDS work with any other cricut machine yet? I have the gypsy and mini. ;(
Old 05-23-2014, 12:52 AM   #2950
Cardstock Collector

I hope to get plenty of info from all of you.
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:51 AM   #2951
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via AIM to Jill with a G

I thought I was going to get a Silhouette Cameo, but now that I've watched a few videos on the Cricut Explore, I am thinking about that option!
I have a Cricut Imagine. I really like it. However it is now a discontinued Cricut machine and not much to support it anymore. I still use it because I like to take regular Cricut cartridges and print out pretty paper and color my fonts with the Imagine colors and designer papers.
I really like the idea of the Explore though, but I still need more info.
Will the Explore cut fonts and images from your computer? That would be cool.
Can I use Imagine cartridges with the Explore?
If anyone knows, I'd appreciate your response!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:39 AM   #2952
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill with a G View Post
I thought I was going to get a Silhouette Cameo, but now that I've watched a few videos on the Cricut Explore, I am thinking about that option!
I have a Cricut Imagine. I really like it. However it is now a discontinued Cricut machine and not much to support it anymore. I still use it because I like to take regular Cricut cartridges and print out pretty paper and color my fonts with the Imagine colors and designer papers.
I really like the idea of the Explore though, but I still need more info.
Will the Explore cut fonts and images from your computer? That would be cool.
Can I use Imagine cartridges with the Explore?
If anyone knows, I'd appreciate your response!
Jill,
I have both Silhouette and Explore. Love them both and was an original Cricut user. I have an Imagine too. You cannot use Imagine cartridges with the Explore (the only down side). However, you can use regular Cricut cartridges and upload and cut .svg, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, and .dxf files absolutely free. You can also use fonts that you have installed on your computer.

There is a lot of versatility with the machine. If you go to the Cricut.com site you can learn more and visit the forum to hear the pros and cons of the machine.

I am very happy with my purchase.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #2953
Pearl-ExPert

thanks to a winning lottery ticket I am the new owner of the explore! anyone know of any videos to watch that use the explore with mds? I have only found one so far
member #1989

if you don't talk to your cat about catnip who will?
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #2954
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
thanks to a winning lottery ticket I am the new owner of the explore! anyone know of any videos to watch that use the explore with mds? I have only found one so far
Congrats to you! You will love the Explore! You can go to Cricut.com as they have videos to walk you through various cutting techniques. Have fun with your new machine!

Old 06-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #2955
Rubber Obsessor

Default Learn the Cricut Explore

Quote:

I just receive my Cricut Explore and you need to check out Caramiller.com. She have a lot of video's. Also, Melody Lane on you tube. If you are on Facebook, there are two groups you can join Let's learn cricut and Let's learn cricut explore. The ladies in these groups can answer any question. I have learned a lot from them. Good luck!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #2956
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Hooray for you!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #2957
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Congratulations!!! I got an email from Cricuit saying they were on YouTube. It seems to be all about the Explore......... Good luck!!

OfficialCricut - YouTube
mycattracks and Jill with a G like this post.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #2958
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone,
I have a Cricut Expression I and have had it for about 3 years. I have always had a hard time getting it to cut out small images. I bought new blades and put them in last night. I read in the book where it said to check your pressure, blade depth, and speed. I checked the blade depth and I did have it at 6. I slowed the speed down to minimum and put the pressure on maximum. It did work better but still has some problems with small images. I bought mine for card making and not scrap booking, so I want small images. I have lots of cartridges. LOL Does anyone else have this problem? Or is this just the way it will always be with a Cricut Expression?
Old 07-08-2014, 07:32 AM   #2959
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CuteCats View Post
Hi everyone,
I have a Cricut Expression I and have had it for about 3 years. I have always had a hard time getting it to cut out small images. I bought new blades and put them in last night. I read in the book where it said to check your pressure, blade depth, and speed. I checked the blade depth and I did have it at 6. I slowed the speed down to minimum and put the pressure on maximum. It did work better but still has some problems with small images. I bought mine for card making and not scrap booking, so I want small images. I have lots of cartridges. LOL Does anyone else have this problem? Or is this just the way it will always be with a Cricut Expression?

I have the same problem with small and intricate cuts. Very frustrating.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #2960
Rubber Obsessor

Yep, same problem.