Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #2841
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
Here's just another quick observation on my new Cricut MINI.

Did I say OMG how great this little machine cuts? Anyway, prior to buying it I was wondering how it would do with very small intricate cuts. Well, I'm not wondering any longer. I put it through its paces with the Ornamental Iron cart. That cart has very very thin detailed cuts. The machine made consistently clean cuts, no ripping or tearing of card stock. All I really had to do was poke out a few very very tiny little holes in the design.

And I didn't even have to fiddle with the settings. I gave it my best guess - and it was right on. I'm just lovin this!
Congratulations on your recent purchase, and happy to hear you're having so much fun with it! I always get a big smile on my face when a fellow crafter makes a purchase that brings them so much joy.

When the E2 first came out, I got one and that was my first Cricut machine. I have lots of cartridges now, and thanks to your posting, I got my Gypsy and E2 updated, and all my cartridges are now available in the CCR! I'm so excited that I can create and now cut through there without pulling anything out! And, I'm so proud to be learning how to do all of this since I am not a computer tekkie!! I feel like a whole new design world has opened up and can hardly wait to put it to use in a variety of ways!! So, I can relate to your excitement over your machine in some manner.......
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #2842
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi!
I don't use center point very often, it's not hard, just takes a little fiddling.

Get a piece of vellum, size it so it it large enough to go over your image, make a plus mark with pencil and ruler in the center of the vellum.

Put your artwork on you Cricut Mat.

Layer the vellum over the artwork, tape the vellum to your artwork with painter's tape.

Feed the mat into your machine. Guide your cutting blade to the center of the plus mark on the vellum over your artwork.

Press all the right buttons, center point, your image, paper size, speed, depth, etc....

Without moving the artwork, carefully remove the vellum.

Press cut.

This is how I use the center point feature
Scrapjanny likes this post.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #2843
Matboard Maniac

By any chance does anyone know when the update to the Gypsy is going to include the Creative Cards and Simple Cards?
Thanks,
Valerie
Old 05-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #2844
Insane Embellisher

Thank you for sharing your system. I have an E2, so you don't move the blade the same way, you tell it where your paper is placed and hit the CenterPoint feature and it goes to that location. If you put a piece of paper 6" in and 4" down, it will then go to that location and based on your image and size will cut, and you can do that all over your mat.

I have since tried again and am doing better. It's easier if I do the cut first, then stamp my image. Maybe one of these days I won't be so nervous about it!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #2845
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!
I don't use center point very often, it's not hard, just takes a little fiddling.

Get a piece of vellum, size it so it it large enough to go over your image, make a plus mark with pencil and ruler in the center of the vellum.

Layer the vellum over the artwork, tape the vellum to your artwork with painter's tape.

Feed the mat into your machine. Guide your cutting blade to the center of the plus mark on the vellum over your artwork.

Press all the right buttons, center point, your image, paper size, speed, depth, etc....

Press cut.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I tried using the center point feature and could never get it centered properly. I never thought of this; how smart! I appreciate it so much that you shared this! I like using digi images, and this might work well with those. Appreciate it!
Old 05-19-2013, 04:52 AM   #2846
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!

Press cut.

This is so smart! Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic tip!

Creative Team Member of Scrap Your Scraps
http://www.scrapyourscraps.blogspot.com

Jeanette
Old 05-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #2847
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnval View Post
By any chance does anyone know when the update to the Gypsy is going to include the Creative Cards and Simple Cards?
Thanks,
Valerie
I read on the cricut forum that content updates to the gypsy were going to be few and far between...... like maybe every 3 months or so. It's because they have officially discontinued the gypsy and are wanting to steer everyone to Cricut Craft Room.
Alot of ladies are very anxious to get the Creative Cards, Simple Cards, First Few Years and When I was a Kid cartridges loaded onto their gypsies.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #2848
Embossing Fanatic

I am considering buying a used twice Cricut mini. It is registered to the present owner on the Cricut website. Will that make a difference when I register it, and will it keep me from working on Craftroom?
Old 05-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #2849
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch fan View Post
I am considering buying a used twice Cricut mini. It is registered to the present owner on the Cricut website. Will that make a difference when I register it, and will it keep me from working on Craftroom?
It might. I had a terrible time syncing my cartridges with CCR because the email address I registered my Gypsy with and the one I used for my CCR account didn't match. The first rep. refused to change my email address, even though I told her that I don't use the old one anymore. Ridiculous! I finally sorted it all out by dealing with a different rep., but it was very aggravating.

Email addresses seem to be a big deal with ProvoCraft. Maybe the present owner can have the registration changed for you before you buy it. I hope it all works out for you.

Jeanette
Old 05-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #2850
Embossing Fanatic

Scrapjanny: I decided not to buy at this time. I have to get my Expression (the old one) updated and see what Provo Craft will do about my Gypsy linked carts.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #2851
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch fan View Post
Scrapjanny: I decided not to buy at this time. I have to get my Expression (the old one) updated and see what Provo Craft will do about my Gypsy linked carts.
You can now link all of the carts that are on your gypsy to Cricut Craft Room. On the cricut chat forum there are detailed instructions. It works!
Old 05-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #2852
Glitter Queen

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
My question is on a different subject that also drives me crazy, because I'm scared to try it and ruin something!!!

After stamping and coloring an image I sometimes find I'm jockying too much with a die to get the right shape and would love to be able to use my E2 with Centerpoint and cut a shape perfect around my artwork. How do I do that after all that work? Any help for those using this feature would be greatly appreciated!!!
I would practice using a stamped/uncolored image on a separate piece of paper. Stamp your image and measure it across and height drawing pencil lines at the center in both directions. Mark your center point with a dot large enough for you to see when you place it inside your cricut. You may need to practice cutting it out in the various shapes you'd like. Once you find centerpoint for that image, you could always keep your uncolored stamped image as a reference for when you want to cut it out on your cricut. You simply place your image any where on your cricut mat and load into your machine. Center the blade over the center point of the image (where ever your two lines intersect), select centerpoint and the shape and size, then press cut. Ta da! Easy peasy! It should cut around it. I use centerpoint to cut out sentiments I type up on my computer all the time!
Here is video on You Tube by cardcrazy09 that should give you a visual if you need some help:
Ruby Tuesday ~ Center Point Feature - YouTube

If the link above does not work search on You tube for her channel and the title of the video is:
Ruby Tuesday ~ Center Point Feature
Hope this helps!
Charlene
Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #2853
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for the welcome and introduction to the Cricut forum.

Desiderata
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #2854
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftexplorer View Post
Thanks for the welcome and introduction to the Cricut forum.
Welcome!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #2855
Compulsive Stamper

I have seen monogrammed tumblers on Etsy Just wondering how you would cut monograms using your Cricut? Some sort of design software or is there a cart? What design softwares are still available? I have the original small Cricut.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #2856
Kookie Creator

Default Bride

Hi I am looking for some Bride, Groom, Bridesmaid groomsmen flower girl and ring bearer images for a cricut. I do have SCAL so I could use svgs too. My niece is getting married and I would like to make tumblers for the bridal party. Please let me know if you have a favorite cartridge for all of this items.
Thanks
Old 06-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #2857
Insane Embellisher

I've had my cricut for quite awhile and have cut vinyl with it but only to put quotes on the walls. What are some other fun, not too complicated projects that you've done with your cricut/vinyl? I'd like to do some other crafts/decor and maybe even start on Christmas gifts.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #2858
Die Cut Diva

I used the Wedding cartridge to make a scrapbook for my niece. I love the images on that one.

Jeanette
Old 06-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #2859
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmom69 View Post
I've had my cricut for quite awhile and have cut vinyl with it but only to put quotes on the walls. What are some other fun, not too complicated projects that you've done with your cricut/vinyl? I'd like to do some other crafts/decor and maybe even start on Christmas gifts.
When my niece was getting married, I used my Cricut and vinyl to cut out sunflowers and stick them to small flowerpots. Her theme was sunflowers, and the bridal shower favors were sunflower seeds and decorated flower pots. The sunflowers are still sticking to the pots.

Jeanette
Old 06-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #2860
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
When my niece was getting married, I used my Cricut and vinyl to cut out sunflowers and stick them to small flowerpots. Her theme was sunflowers, and the bridal shower favors were sunflower seeds and decorated flower pots. The sunflowers are still sticking to the pots.
That is such a cool idea! Sunflowers are so pretty. My neighbors has huge stalks of them this year!

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #2861
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
Love this idea!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #2862
Inking Addict

Default Roland Blades

Hi there! I just discovered that you can buy cheaper blades for the cricut and wondering if anyone out there has tried them out? Roland blades off ebay, so much cheaper and I heard that 60 is for the deep blade and 30 is regular. Any opinions before I make an order?

Thanks!!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #2863
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubichon View Post
Hi there! I just discovered that you can buy cheaper blades for the cricut and wondering if anyone out there has tried them out? Roland blades off ebay, so much cheaper and I heard that 60 is for the deep blade and 30 is regular. Any opinions before I make an order?

Thanks!!!!

Would definitely be interested in knowing about cheaper blades that work well. Wish the cricut mats would last better than they do.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #2864
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Would definitely be interested in knowing about cheaper blades that work well. Wish the cricut mats would last better than they do.
Are these the three newest mats you're referring to or the prior ones? I thought the latest ones were supposed to fix that "no stick" problem. I loaded up on the old ones, so I think I'm set, but I would be interested in hearing about the new color coded ones, just in case I go through my stash!!!
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #2865
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
Are these the three newest mats you're referring to or the prior ones? I thought the latest ones were supposed to fix that "no stick" problem. I loaded up on the old ones, so I think I'm set, but I would be interested in hearing about the new color coded ones, just in case I go through my stash!!!

Have not seen the newest mats at the local craft store by me but would like to hear from people who have them.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #2866
Inking Addict

I just re-stick my mats with stick away and stick & spray from CC International and it works sooo good!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #2867
Polyshrink Goddess

CTMH just announced a new cartridge - August 1st release date. Called Artbooking. It will be a $99 bundle so I assume that means coordinating stamps and chip board also.

This is another one of their versatile jam packed carts like Art Philosophy and Artiste. In fact I think if Cricut owners could only have 3 cartridges it would certainly be these three.

It's pricey for sure. But like their previous 2 I have found that it is worth the money. This one is no exception. I'm gonna get it on pre-order. Anyway, for anyone that's interested HERE is a link to view the handbook. I just did a google search and came up with this link - so I'm sure there are others. I'm not affiliated with anything CTMH - I'm just hyped for this cartridge.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #2868
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
CTMH just announced a new cartridge - August 1st release date. Called Artbooking. It will be a $99 bundle so I assume that means coordinating stamps and chip board also.

This is another one of their versatile jam packed carts like Art Philosophy and Artiste. In fact I think if Cricut owners could only have 3 cartridges it would certainly be these three.

It's pricey for sure. But like their previous 2 I have found that it is worth the money. This one is no exception. I'm gonna get it on pre-order. Anyway, for anyone that's interested HERE is a link to view the handbook. I just did a google search and came up with this link - so I'm sure there are others. I'm not affiliated with anything CTMH - I'm just hyped for this cartridge.
That cart is definitely to die for! Love what I see.

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #2869
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Thanks for sharing this! Great cartridge; they sure upped their game again, didn't they? Each one gets better and better. I have the other two, and from the looks of this one, guess I'll be adding it as well! How do they do it?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #2870
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I was just thinking of saving money to buy one of their carts and couldn't decide which one. Now this one looks even better! Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #2871
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to pammers Send a message via Yahoo to pammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannemarie View Post
Hi I am looking for some Bride, Groom, Bridesmaid groomsmen flower girl and ring bearer images for a cricut. I do have SCAL so I could use svgs too. My niece is getting married and I would like to make tumblers for the bridal party. Please let me know if you have a favorite cartridge for all of this items.
Thanks

Hi,

I did this for two weddings...so easy to do! I used the Formal Occasions cartridge for the dresses and for the tux (groom cup). I ordered my polka dot ribbon on ebay and the cups I ordered from Amazon. So very easy. Oh and instead of the polka dots on the bride and groom cups, I did the rings from Tie the Knot cartridge.

Have fun!

Pam
I Love the Beach!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #2872
Die Cut Diva

Ugh, why did I look? I love that cartridge! I wish they sold it without all the stamps and other products. I love CTMH stamps and papers, but I just want the cartridge. They should offer that as an option.

Jeanette
Old 08-06-2013, 04:56 AM   #2873
Insane Embellisher

Where can I find a pdf to print out that shows images from the cartridges I have? I'd like to put them in a binder so I can flip thru more easily to see what I have.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:28 AM   #2874
Insane Embellisher

Never mind. I found the pdf's.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #2875
Stazon Splitcoast

I was using a Cricut Lite cartridge the other night and I couldn't get the layers to cut. There should be 4 different images for each button on the keyboard: regular, shift regular, layer, and shift layer. At least that is what I am calling them. LOL No matter what I tried, it kept cutting the same scalloped circle. I have to admit that I don't use my Cricut as much as I should, so maybe I am just not familiar enough with it. BTW it is a Cricut Expression. Am I doing something wrong or is it a defunct cartridge?
Old 08-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #2876
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CuteCats View Post
I was using a Cricut Lite cartridge the other night and I couldn't get the layers to cut. There should be 4 different images for each button on the keyboard: regular, shift regular, layer, and shift layer. At least that is what I am calling them. LOL No matter what I tried, it kept cutting the same scalloped circle. I have to admit that I don't use my Cricut as much as I should, so maybe I am just not familiar enough with it. BTW it is a Cricut Expression. Am I doing something wrong or is it a defunct cartridge?
Did you press the function key first, and then the key? If you are using the Shift key, you need to press that too. HTH.

Jeanette
Old 08-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #2877
Compulsive Stamper

I have a Cricut Expressions and a few cartridges. I must admit that I have not used it much at all. Now that they have this CCR, that works on the computer, my interest has been tweeked again. I have noticed in the buy and sell forum that people mention if the cartridges have been linked to a gypsy. Why is that important to know? Also, if I upload?? my cartidges so I can use them with CCR will that make it difficult for me to sell my cartridges if I find I still don't make use of them? Is it the same thing as linking them to a Gypsy? Thanks for any info on this as I know NOTHING about the gypsy or their new CCR.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #2878
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin261 View Post
I have a Cricut Expressions and a few cartridges. I must admit that I have not used it much at all. Now that they have this CCR, that works on the computer, my interest has been tweeked again. I have noticed in the buy and sell forum that people mention if the cartridges have been linked to a gypsy. Why is that important to know? Also, if I upload?? my cartidges so I can use them with CCR will that make it difficult for me to sell my cartridges if I find I still don't make use of them? Is it the same thing as linking them to a Gypsy? Thanks for any info on this as I know NOTHING about the gypsy or their new CCR.
Once they have been linked to a Gypsy they cannot be linked to another one. The cartridges are still good to use in your machine. I don't know how CCR works.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #2879
Matboard Maniac

Hi Penguine!

Just as Iluvcards said, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Gypsy, it is sort of like a crutch for me now. I do not have the ability to connect my Cricut to my computer b/c of space issues....so I have never tried the CCR.

I will not consider buying a cartridge that has already been linked to a Gypsy b/c I NEED it to be linked to mine.

There were a ton of people who hated their Gypsy and did not use it, so this is not an issue for them.

As more and more time so by, this is not going to be so much of an issue b/c Provo Craft has discontinued the Gypsy and as they break or become non working there is nothing to do except sell your soul, or an organ to another one!

If my Gypsy ever stops working, I will have to do it the "old fashioned" way and insert the cart one by one as I use them. That would be such a pain for me b/c as I said I have major space issues and all my cartridges (over 100) are stored away.

Blessings,
Valerie
Old 08-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #2880
Proud Fan Club Member

I have all three, Cricut, Gypsy, CCR up and mostly running. I do not use my Gypsy much as it WILL NOT work with my Cricut. All of my older cartridges are linked to my Gypsy. I will not link my new ones to it even though I can use my Gypsy with the Cricut machine at my LSS during crops. I just take my carts if going to a crop. Not a problem for me as I don't have all that many, but I have been adding to my inventory this year......

I design mostly with CCR and you don't have to link carts for it to work but you do have to have the physical cart (no problem for me because I use an iMac) to cut and it is not portable!!

I to LOVED my Gypsy but it quite "talking" with my Cricut (older model) after a month of using the two together. Provo Craft could not help!! It bummed me out so I bought a Silhouette Cameo.......... which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. Besides my Cricut only cuts 6x12 whereas I cut 12x12 for scrapbooking with the Cameo.

Now I would be interested to find out if/how I can link all the carts that are on my Gypsy to CCR on my computer. Just sweet not to pull out the linked carts every time but not a deal breaker.
J.26 F.31 M.24 A. 1