In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #241
Die Cut Diva
 
Carole4312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: England
Posts: 4,108
Send a message via MSN to Carole4312 Send a message via Skype™ to Carole4312
Default

You can already pre-order the deep cut blade and housing, I think its about $24.99 - I ordered mine from custom crops. Its a deeper blade, so that it can cut thicker chipboard.
__________________
Stampin Up! demo for Lancashire, UK :)
Carole4312 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #242
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 76
Default Mat reconditioning

I recondition my Cricut mats by running them through my Xyron loaded with the repositional adhesive cartridge. Mask the edges first with masking tape, then run the mat through (what used to be) sticky side down. Works like a CHARM and the images are MUCH easier to remove!

Has anyone heard anything about the cardmaker cartridge that was in development? I saw mention of it on the Cricut site, now that's gone. sab
sabknits is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #243
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 76
Default Cricut Create

I saw this most recently mentioned in a Michael's ad. I think they have exclusive rights to it for some period of time..... like Martha Stewart was at Michael's exclusively for a while, now AC Moore also carries her stuff. sab
sabknits is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #244
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 76
Default Adhesives and not-so-sticky-anymore mats

I love the Sakura Quickie Glue pens! WONDERFUL for tiny pieces. I line up my lettering on my card, then stick a post-it note on top, pick up the letters and apply the glue, then put the whole thing back down on my card. The post-its keep everything in original position.

Not-so-sticky-anymore mats are great for laying out small pieces. Since the glue is repositional and not so sticky anymore, the pieces can easily be adjusted to the desired location. I use the old mats for aligning fabric pieces and ribbon too. sab
sabknits is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #245
Insane Embellisher
 
dbrpuppets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabknits View Post
I recondition my Cricut mats by running them through my Xyron loaded with the repositional adhesive cartridge. Mask the edges first with masking tape, then run the mat through (what used to be) sticky side down. Works like a CHARM and the images are MUCH easier to remove!

Has anyone heard anything about the cardmaker cartridge that was in development? I saw mention of it on the Cricut site, now that's gone. sab

I wondering if you are thinking of Wildcards? There is a screenshot on everythingcricket. You need to go down a ways and you will see it. Looks like a fun cartridge. Here is the site:

http://everythingcricut.blogspot.com/
dbrpuppets is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:38 AM   #246
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 76
Default Wildcards

Yes! Thanks so much for the post! sab
sabknits is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:20 AM   #247
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KENTUCKY
Posts: 629
Default

In DSS, does anyone know what size to make the "top note" image from Accent Essentials to match the size of the new "top note" from SU? THANKS!
1GirlTwinBoys is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #248
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 16
Default

Hi ladies -

I found a craigslist post where a store is selling a bunch of new cricut cartridges for $35 each - not sure if its a good deal????

http://boise.craigslist.org/art/832943235.html
__________________
Rhiannon
rhirhi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #249
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 19
Default

Do you happen to know if I can cut the felt that come in 8x11 pieces with my Cricut?
karson56 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:55 PM   #250
Die Cut Diva
 
CanadianKristin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: My happy place in beautiful British Columbia!
Posts: 4,794
Default

I read on the Cricut board somewhere that if you can't sew it with a machine, you shouldn't put it in your Cricut. I did hear of girls contemplating cutting the mounted linen cloth 'paper' from CTMH ... but haven't tried for fear of wrecking the motor?!?!!?
__________________
Kristin, Happily Dizzy Mom of Four
My Blog
2011 goal: 3p, 2010 goal: 94p, 2009: 136p, 2008: 766p accomplished
CanadianKristin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #251
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 19
Default

I attempted it and the blade went over the felt in the correct pattern but didn't cut. Attempted to raise and lower the blade with same results. Karen
karson56 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #252
Embossing Fanatic
 
Joy4lly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 99
Talking

Posted this elsewhere ..but wanted to ask here too.. the Cricut Epxressions w/ the 4 Cartiridge bundle is on sale this week at A.C Moore for $349. Is that a good deal? Also what cartridges do you normally get w/ the bundle? I saw just he ABC ones.

I want to cut vinyl w/ this. Would I go through blades and mats often if I'm cutting alot of vinyl do you think? If anyone has experience with this please let me know.

Also, The software to connect to your computer that has been mentioned. Is that software just for different fonts? or can you upload on your computer and then transfer that to your Cricut and cut it?

TIA..sorry but I am new to all this...

JOY
Joy4lly is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:27 AM   #253
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 17
Default ?

I do want a cricut! Do you guys feel it is the best cutter to buy? I would love some advice!
Cindylouh is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:19 AM   #254
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 76
Default

I own a Sizzix Sidekick and have access to a Cricut (original) and a Quickuts machine (DIL shares). They each have their advantages and disadvantages.

With the Cricut I've been frustrated that the smallest image I can print is 1" in one direction or another. As a card maker I find that 1" letters are a bit much for most of my designs. Other images are useful though. The consumables are a pain (blades, mats) and the cartridges (with ANY cutter) are limiting. The Cricut CAN cut windows in cards if you're not too particular about the placement. Cricut blades seem to go dull more quickly than I'd like; I've ruined many a cut with a dull blade.

The Sizzix and Quickuts dies can get expensive but I can generally count on a good, clean cut from both those machines. Both machines have a narrow cutting plate so aren't useful for cutting windows in cards. Once you have the basic setup the only consumable to buy is the cutting mat.

NONE of these machines cuts chipboard.

All of that said, once I discovered that I could recondition the Cricut mats using a Xyron machine loaded with repositional adhesive I found that I used the machine a lot more.

Yes, I could buy the newer model but it's expensive and there are enough disadvantages that I want to see other machines in action before plunking down my annual materials budget. I live in the Washington DC Metropolitan area and you'd think we'd have access to shops with equipment but in fact there is only ONE that I know of that has an AccuCut which they make available to their customers. It would be nice to see the rest of them in action to make a more informed choice. Even the scrapbook shows that come here show mostly paper and embellishments, few stamps and fewer machines. sab
sabknits is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:18 AM   #255
Insane Embellisher
 
dbrpuppets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindylouh View Post
I do want a cricut! Do you guys feel it is the best cutter to buy? I would love some advice!
I have the cricut expression and I love it. The price of cartridges has come down and you can get some good deals on ebay. The expression cuts from 1/4 inch to 11 1/2 inches. I haven't had any trouble with blades but I have only had it 4 months.

With the expression you can now buy a deep cut cartridge and blades that will cut foam, chip board and magnetic material. I just got my deeb cut cartridge yesterday so I need to read what all it can cut.

Best wishes on your decision. My scraproom doesn't have a computer so the cricut was the best option for me.
dbrpuppets is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #256
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 746
Default

Hi!
I have the Original Cricut, which nowadays is considered the small Cricut. It took me 3 years to get one of my own. I've had the Sizzix Original and the Sidekick for several years and I do like to use them. What I find limiting about the Sizzix is that the dies are only the size you buy, no size adjusting possible. I will keep all my 200 plus dies and 2 alphabets because I still use them. The Circut is great but it doesn't have every shape in the world, LOL!! Another major point about the Sizzix is that it cuts through so many different materials, like felt, fabric, shrink plastic, thin woods, thin metals, paper and cardstock. Plust probably lots of other things I can't think of right now. I have enough basic shapes to make this a great tool to go along with my Cricut.

I've had the Original Cricut almost a year now. I did go a bit crazy and bought or received a lot of cartridges in a very short time. I have 21 cartridges right now (2 came with the machine, 2 were free as part of a promotional, and 2 were gifts, the rest were bought at sale prices). The only item I paid retail price for was the Design Software. Yes, the fact that the Cricut Original only cuts as small as 1" is frustrating, I'm a card maker and that's a large size. With the Design Software I am able to get smaller cuts, absolutely no problem. This software has expanded my machine so much. I believe this software is almost required to get the most out of your machine.

Besides downloading free cut files from others, which are designs people have created on the DS program and share with others. I have been making my own cut files. Nothing fancy, just letters and numbers sized for my classrooom calendar, but to me this makes the machine more versatile. I am also able to combine an image from one cartridge, with an image from another cartridge for a new unique shape, or single cut. (You have to own the cartridge to make this work, you can't use images from cartridges you don't have, but otherwise it's simple.) Also this software allows you to manipulate the size of any image, you can stretch it, shrink it, weld it together to make a border, make it lean left or right, etc. And even though my machine can only cut 5.5" tall, with the software you can rotate the direction and stretch the image to almost 11" tall, just like a cut on the expression. There is a mat on the software program so you design on the mat and see how your cut will look before cutting.

As for the tools, I only have the spatula and it works just fine. I have gotten a almost a years worth of cuts out of my mats, and I still haven't replaced on yet. I do use baby wipes to refresh my mats, makes them sticky again with great success. I haven't replaced a blade yet either, maybe I don't cut enough, LOL!!!

I hope this helps. Yes, the down side to the software is you have to hook to a computer, but then upside is you get so much more out of the machine. It's a trade off I guess.

Good Luck with your decision.
__________________
Happy Stamping, Cynthia
I only stamp on days that end with "Y"
http://ladybugstamperscraftsite.blogspot.com/
ladybugstamper2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:38 AM   #257
Rubber Obsessor
 
kraftkris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 253
Default

Hi...thank you for all this information! I am just getting a cricut today (the small cricut) and I can't wait! I will definitely look into getting the software after seeing your post!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!
I have the Original Cricut, which nowadays is considered the small Cricut. It took me 3 years to get one of my own. I've had the Sizzix Original and the Sidekick for several years and I do like to use them. What I find limiting about the Sizzix is that the dies are only the size you buy, no size adjusting possible. I will keep all my 200 plus dies and 2 alphabets because I still use them. The Circut is great but it doesn't have every shape in the world, LOL!! Another major point about the Sizzix is that it cuts through so many different materials, like felt, fabric, shrink plastic, thin woods, thin metals, paper and cardstock. Plust probably lots of other things I can't think of right now. I have enough basic shapes to make this a great tool to go along with my Cricut.

I've had the Original Cricut almost a year now. I did go a bit crazy and bought or received a lot of cartridges in a very short time. I have 21 cartridges right now (2 came with the machine, 2 were free as part of a promotional, and 2 were gifts, the rest were bought at sale prices). The only item I paid retail price for was the Design Software. Yes, the fact that the Cricut Original only cuts as small as 1" is frustrating, I'm a card maker and that's a large size. With the Design Software I am able to get smaller cuts, absolutely no problem. This software has expanded my machine so much. I believe this software is almost required to get the most out of your machine.

Besides downloading free cut files from others, which are designs people have created on the DS program and share with others. I have been making my own cut files. Nothing fancy, just letters and numbers sized for my classrooom calendar, but to me this makes the machine more versatile. I am also able to combine an image from one cartridge, with an image from another cartridge for a new unique shape, or single cut. (You have to own the cartridge to make this work, you can't use images from cartridges you don't have, but otherwise it's simple.) Also this software allows you to manipulate the size of any image, you can stretch it, shrink it, weld it together to make a border, make it lean left or right, etc. And even though my machine can only cut 5.5" tall, with the software you can rotate the direction and stretch the image to almost 11" tall, just like a cut on the expression. There is a mat on the software program so you design on the mat and see how your cut will look before cutting.

As for the tools, I only have the spatula and it works just fine. I have gotten a almost a years worth of cuts out of my mats, and I still haven't replaced on yet. I do use baby wipes to refresh my mats, makes them sticky again with great success. I haven't replaced a blade yet either, maybe I don't cut enough, LOL!!!

I hope this helps. Yes, the down side to the software is you have to hook to a computer, but then upside is you get so much more out of the machine. It's a trade off I guess.

Good Luck with your decision.
kraftkris is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #258
Glitter Queen
 
LPCrafting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Rolling Hills of the Blue Ridge in Virginia
Posts: 26
Default

I just purchased an Expressions online... I can't wait for it to arrive!! Subscribing... and hopefully will be able to contribute later!
__________________
Laura
http://starbreezedesigns.blogspot.com
Create something that makes you happy every day!
LPCrafting is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:50 AM   #259
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,065
Default

LP ..... try this thread .... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...9#post11653319 . You might find a lot more information and get answers to your questions quickly on there.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #260
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
lisa foster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,835
Default

I ordered a Cricut Expression today from that TV Infomercial thing. I'm not sure if I have made a mistake, or if it was an ok deal. I paid for the whole thing upfront (I thought the payment thing was sort of crooked)...it was 399.99 w/ shipping. Has anyone else ordered this way? Is it really going to take 4-6 weeks to get here??? (I didn't find THAT out until I had already paid for it!) Advice?
__________________
Come visit me at:
Pretty Pastimes
lisa foster is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #261
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa foster View Post
I ordered a Cricut Expression today from that TV Infomercial thing. I'm not sure if I have made a mistake, or if it was an ok deal. I paid for the whole thing upfront (I thought the payment thing was sort of crooked)...it was 399.99 w/ shipping. Has anyone else ordered this way? Is it really going to take 4-6 weeks to get here??? (I didn't find THAT out until I had already paid for it!) Advice?

Yikes. That's rather expensive. Do you have the option of canceling the order?? Or can you return it when it gets there? Custom Crops has it for $279 with free shipping and your *choice* of any 2 cartridges. If there's any way you can get out of the other deal, you'd save a TON of money going this way. Just my opinion....
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:55 AM   #262
Insane Embellisher
 
dbrpuppets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa foster View Post
I ordered a Cricut Expression today from that TV Infomercial thing. I'm not sure if I have made a mistake, or if it was an ok deal. I paid for the whole thing upfront (I thought the payment thing was sort of crooked)...it was 399.99 w/ shipping. Has anyone else ordered this way? Is it really going to take 4-6 weeks to get here??? (I didn't find THAT out until I had already paid for it!) Advice?

4-6 weeks seems like quite a long time. I agree with the others that if you can cancel I would. Scrappersmusthaves.com, custom crops both have better deals and quicker shipping. If you can't cancel, know you are getting a great machine and will have a blast with it. You can always ask questions here or cricut.com (look under community). Someone is always willing to share where to get the best deals.
dbrpuppets is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #263
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,823
Default Settings for DCWV cardstock?

Can anyone tell me which settings on the Cricut will allow me to cut DCWV cardstock without getting little white tears in the cardstock? Do I have to NOT use the DS so that I can cut the shapes faster? I don't have this problem with cardstock that doesn't have a white core. Any help would be greatly appreciated, because this is getting very frustrating for me. Thanks.
__________________
My Blog:http://www.scrapjanny.blogspot.com
Follow me on Pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.com/janny_girl/
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #264
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
Can anyone tell me which settings on the Cricut will allow me to cut DCWV cardstock without getting little white tears in the cardstock? Do I have to NOT use the DS so that I can cut the shapes faster? I don't have this problem with cardstock that doesn't have a white core. Any help would be greatly appreciated, because this is getting very frustrating for me. Thanks.
I think I just came up with a way. Since the white marks are only on the top side of the paper, if I flip the shape and flip the paper, and the white marks will be on the underside of the shape. I'd still welcome any other suggestions, though.
__________________
My Blog:http://www.scrapjanny.blogspot.com
Follow me on Pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.com/janny_girl/
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:02 AM   #265
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,013
Default

Hello.......I'm looking for the cartridge Accent Essentials. I can't find it listed on the Cricut website. Is this cartridge only available as included when you purchase the Cricut Expression machine?? I've seen it listed on eBay, but for a rather high price. I'm also not interested in purchasing it used, I feel that's dangerous.

Patti
pjw2855 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:53 AM   #266
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,017
Default cricut

Accent Elements was in the acmoore expression bundle. So the only way you will get it is "used" but I would say that most are "new"...like when I bought mine, I didnt want all the carts. so I sold them on ebay...it wasnt in the clam case but it was new. I dont think you can really do anything to them to ruin them...just check the persons feedback and pay with paypal and you will be protected...also I always ask if the item is in working order, and keep a record of the answer in your saved mail, that way if it comes and it does not work, you have some recourse.
craftsrlb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:21 AM   #267
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 76
Default

I've had the same problem with the Provo papers (white core). I deepened the blade length without adding pressure, slowed the machine to speed 1. Worked pretty well. New blade works even better!

I've been known to go around the edges with matching markers (works well on all but the most intricate cuts) or to cover the entire image with a light colored dye ink pad (shades the edges but doesn't alter the color of the paper). Flipping the image didn't work well for me as I was using directional images. sab
sabknits is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:14 AM   #268
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: California
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjw2855 View Post
Hello.......I'm looking for the cartridge Accent Essentials. I can't find it listed on the Cricut website. Is this cartridge only available as included when you purchase the Cricut Expression machine?? I've seen it listed on eBay, but for a rather high price. I'm also not interested in purchasing it used, I feel that's dangerous.

Patti

I purchased my at customcrops.com, for $39, watch for a sale
gailwoo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:18 AM   #269
Crimping Master
 
MaiTi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,357
Send a message via Yahoo to MaiTi
Default

I just purchased my Cricut, and my first layouts are on my blog!!!

I'm so freaking excited about this awesome machine!
MaiTi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:12 AM   #270
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 76
Default

I got mine through Amazon, "new or used" section. Came within 2 days and in pristine condition, in original box and shrink wrapped. sab
sabknits is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #271
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 94
Default

What cardstock seems to work best in the cricut expression and which one's should I avoid? Also, I have mostly 81/2 x11 cardstock right now, I can still use this in the bigger cricut, right(I know it's probably a really dumb question)?
Thanks
Susan
sditz1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #272
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa foster View Post
I ordered a Cricut Expression today from that TV Infomercial thing. I'm not sure if I have made a mistake, or if it was an ok deal. I paid for the whole thing upfront (I thought the payment thing was sort of crooked)...it was 399.99 w/ shipping. Has anyone else ordered this way? Is it really going to take 4-6 weeks to get here??? (I didn't find THAT out until I had already paid for it!) Advice?
I ordered mine from online (same place as the infomercial)
I am doing the payment plan and called them when my card was billed, said they would not bill until it was shipped. It shipped on the 10th, but she said that it does take about 3 weeks shipping
I ask her if they used pony express. She said "we use a priority shipping that will ensure that you get it in great condition and not damaged"
She also stressed that it "usually takes much less time"
So here's hoping our new bugs here soon

Dawn
__________________
So many crafts.. so little time :)
Duddlebug is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:17 AM   #273
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,017
Default cricut

well girls, you can get it on acmoore web site usually 329. free shipping with 4 carts and markers...so not sure what you are getting with your set. but thats about how much they are on the site, can get new ones on ebay for about 279...or in acmoore or joanns for 259-319
craftsrlb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #274
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 97,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsrlb View Post
well girls, you can get it on acmoore web site usually 329. free shipping with 4 carts and markers...so not sure what you are getting with your set. but thats about how much they are on the site, can get new ones on ebay for about 279...or in acmoore or joanns for 259-319

Custom Crops has it for $279 or so with *your choice* of 2 cartridges.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #275
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddlebug View Post
I ordered mine from online (same place as the infomercial)
I am doing the payment plan and called them when my card was billed, said they would not bill until it was shipped. It shipped on the 10th, but she said that it does take about 3 weeks shipping
I ask her if they used pony express. She said "we use a priority shipping that will ensure that you get it in great condition and not damaged"
She also stressed that it "usually takes much less time"
So here's hoping our new bugs here soon

Dawn
Well.. talk about good timing... I got home from work and it was here. So Lisa, hopefully your's will be there very soon too.

Dawn
__________________
So many crafts.. so little time :)
Duddlebug is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #276
Pearl-ExPert
 
thescrapmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,762
Send a message via AIM to thescrapmaster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sditz1 View Post
What cardstock seems to work best in the cricut expression and which one's should I avoid? Also, I have mostly 81/2 x11 cardstock right now, I can still use this in the bigger cricut, right(I know it's probably a really dumb question)?
Thanks
Susan
You can use any sized paper you want, you just have to line it up with the cutting blade with the arrow buttons.

I think 65lb or 80lb cardstock works the best -I use Stampin' UP which is 80lb, Colormates which is 65lb, and Paper24/7 which is 65lb. They are seem to cut perfectly as long as the blade isn't completely dull. The thin stuff you sometimes get in the craft store brand multipacks shreds sometimes even with a new blade.
__________________
~Samantha
Crafty blogging at thescrapmaster.com
Crafty Video Making at thescrapmaster on Youtube
thescrapmaster is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #277
Stampin' Fool
 
kitty14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,370
Exclamation Circut cartridge sale

I got an email saying that Ohmycrafts.com is having a huge cartridge sale. Some are only $39.

Hope this helps some people!
kitty14 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:33 AM   #278
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 8
Default

Does anyone have Parallels 3.0 running XPsp2 installed on their MAC and are using the Cricut Design Studio? If so, does it work okay?
JoAnn Badger is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #279
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SW Ontario, Canada
Posts: 763
Default

I'm running DS on my Mac with VMWare Fusion. Runs like a charm!
__________________
9kids
Yes I really do have 9 kids ~ ages 4 through 28 ;)
Visit my blog, A Little Bit of Everything
9kids is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #280
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 8
Smile

Thanks 9kids for the info. There are 3 programs for the MAC - Parallels, BootCamp and VMWare Fusion. Will check to see how Parallels and VMWare Fusion compare. At least there is a system that will allow me to use DS on my MAC.
JoAnn Badger is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off