Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 05-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #2721
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch fan View Post
Scrapjanny: I decided not to buy at this time. I have to get my Expression (the old one) updated and see what Provo Craft will do about my Gypsy linked carts.
You can now link all of the carts that are on your gypsy to Cricut Craft Room. On the cricut chat forum there are detailed instructions. It works!
Unread 05-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #2722
Glitter Queen

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
My question is on a different subject that also drives me crazy, because I'm scared to try it and ruin something!!!

After stamping and coloring an image I sometimes find I'm jockying too much with a die to get the right shape and would love to be able to use my E2 with Centerpoint and cut a shape perfect around my artwork. How do I do that after all that work? Any help for those using this feature would be greatly appreciated!!!
I would practice using a stamped/uncolored image on a separate piece of paper. Stamp your image and measure it across and height drawing pencil lines at the center in both directions. Mark your center point with a dot large enough for you to see when you place it inside your cricut. You may need to practice cutting it out in the various shapes you'd like. Once you find centerpoint for that image, you could always keep your uncolored stamped image as a reference for when you want to cut it out on your cricut. You simply place your image any where on your cricut mat and load into your machine. Center the blade over the center point of the image (where ever your two lines intersect), select centerpoint and the shape and size, then press cut. Ta da! Easy peasy! It should cut around it. I use centerpoint to cut out sentiments I type up on my computer all the time!
Here is video on You Tube by cardcrazy09 that should give you a visual if you need some help:
Ruby Tuesday ~ Center Point Feature - YouTube

If the link above does not work search on You tube for her channel and the title of the video is:
Ruby Tuesday ~ Center Point Feature
Hope this helps!
Charlene
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #2723
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for the welcome and introduction to the Cricut forum.

Desiderata
caterinafmig likes this post.
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #2724
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftexplorer View Post
Thanks for the welcome and introduction to the Cricut forum.
Welcome!
Unread 06-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #2725
Glitter Queen

I have seen monogrammed tumblers on Etsy Just wondering how you would cut monograms using your Cricut? Some sort of design software or is there a cart? What design softwares are still available? I have the original small Cricut.
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #2726
Matboard Maniac

Default Bride

Hi I am looking for some Bride, Groom, Bridesmaid groomsmen flower girl and ring bearer images for a cricut. I do have SCAL so I could use svgs too. My niece is getting married and I would like to make tumblers for the bridal party. Please let me know if you have a favorite cartridge for all of this items.
Thanks
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #2727
Polyshrink Goddess

I've had my cricut for quite awhile and have cut vinyl with it but only to put quotes on the walls. What are some other fun, not too complicated projects that you've done with your cricut/vinyl? I'd like to do some other crafts/decor and maybe even start on Christmas gifts.
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #2728
Die Cut Diva

I used the Wedding cartridge to make a scrapbook for my niece. I love the images on that one.
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #2729
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmom69 View Post
I've had my cricut for quite awhile and have cut vinyl with it but only to put quotes on the walls. What are some other fun, not too complicated projects that you've done with your cricut/vinyl? I'd like to do some other crafts/decor and maybe even start on Christmas gifts.
When my niece was getting married, I used my Cricut and vinyl to cut out sunflowers and stick them to small flowerpots. Her theme was sunflowers, and the bridal shower favors were sunflower seeds and decorated flower pots. The sunflowers are still sticking to the pots.
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #2730
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
When my niece was getting married, I used my Cricut and vinyl to cut out sunflowers and stick them to small flowerpots. Her theme was sunflowers, and the bridal shower favors were sunflower seeds and decorated flower pots. The sunflowers are still sticking to the pots.
That is such a cool idea! Sunflowers are so pretty. My neighbors has huge stalks of them this year!

I am a life artist and love it!
Unread 06-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #2731
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
Love this idea!
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #2732
Embossing Fanatic

Default Roland Blades

Hi there! I just discovered that you can buy cheaper blades for the cricut and wondering if anyone out there has tried them out? Roland blades off ebay, so much cheaper and I heard that 60 is for the deep blade and 30 is regular. Any opinions before I make an order?

Thanks!!!!
Unread 06-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #2733
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubichon View Post
Hi there! I just discovered that you can buy cheaper blades for the cricut and wondering if anyone out there has tried them out? Roland blades off ebay, so much cheaper and I heard that 60 is for the deep blade and 30 is regular. Any opinions before I make an order?

Thanks!!!!

Would definitely be interested in knowing about cheaper blades that work well. Wish the cricut mats would last better than they do.
Unread 06-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #2734
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Would definitely be interested in knowing about cheaper blades that work well. Wish the cricut mats would last better than they do.
Are these the three newest mats you're referring to or the prior ones? I thought the latest ones were supposed to fix that "no stick" problem. I loaded up on the old ones, so I think I'm set, but I would be interested in hearing about the new color coded ones, just in case I go through my stash!!!
caterinafmig likes this post.
Unread 06-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #2735
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
Are these the three newest mats you're referring to or the prior ones? I thought the latest ones were supposed to fix that "no stick" problem. I loaded up on the old ones, so I think I'm set, but I would be interested in hearing about the new color coded ones, just in case I go through my stash!!!

Have not seen the newest mats at the local craft store by me but would like to hear from people who have them.
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #2736
Embossing Fanatic

I just re-stick my mats with stick away and stick & spray from CC International and it works sooo good!
Unread 06-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #2737
Polyshrink Goddess

CTMH just announced a new cartridge - August 1st release date. Called Artbooking. It will be a $99 bundle so I assume that means coordinating stamps and chip board also.

This is another one of their versatile jam packed carts like Art Philosophy and Artiste. In fact I think if Cricut owners could only have 3 cartridges it would certainly be these three.

It's pricey for sure. But like their previous 2 I have found that it is worth the money. This one is no exception. I'm gonna get it on pre-order. Anyway, for anyone that's interested HERE is a link to view the handbook. I just did a google search and came up with this link - so I'm sure there are others. I'm not affiliated with anything CTMH - I'm just hyped for this cartridge.
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #2738
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
CTMH just announced a new cartridge - August 1st release date. Called Artbooking. It will be a $99 bundle so I assume that means coordinating stamps and chip board also.

This is another one of their versatile jam packed carts like Art Philosophy and Artiste. In fact I think if Cricut owners could only have 3 cartridges it would certainly be these three.

It's pricey for sure. But like their previous 2 I have found that it is worth the money. This one is no exception. I'm gonna get it on pre-order. Anyway, for anyone that's interested HERE is a link to view the handbook. I just did a google search and came up with this link - so I'm sure there are others. I'm not affiliated with anything CTMH - I'm just hyped for this cartridge.
That cart is definitely to die for! Love what I see.

I am a life artist and love it!
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #2739
Crimping Master

Quote:

Thanks for sharing this! Great cartridge; they sure upped their game again, didn't they? Each one gets better and better. I have the other two, and from the looks of this one, guess I'll be adding it as well! How do they do it?
Unread 06-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #2740
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I was just thinking of saving money to buy one of their carts and couldn't decide which one. Now this one looks even better! Thanks for sharing.
Unread 06-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #2741
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to pammers Send a message via Yahoo to pammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannemarie View Post
Hi I am looking for some Bride, Groom, Bridesmaid groomsmen flower girl and ring bearer images for a cricut. I do have SCAL so I could use svgs too. My niece is getting married and I would like to make tumblers for the bridal party. Please let me know if you have a favorite cartridge for all of this items.
Thanks

Hi,

I did this for two weddings...so easy to do! I used the Formal Occasions cartridge for the dresses and for the tux (groom cup). I ordered my polka dot ribbon on ebay and the cups I ordered from Amazon. So very easy. Oh and instead of the polka dots on the bride and groom cups, I did the rings from Tie the Knot cartridge.

Have fun!

Pam
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #2742
Die Cut Diva

Ugh, why did I look? I love that cartridge! I wish they sold it without all the stamps and other products. I love CTMH stamps and papers, but I just want the cartridge. They should offer that as an option.
Unread 08-06-2013, 04:56 AM   #2743
Polyshrink Goddess

Where can I find a pdf to print out that shows images from the cartridges I have? I'd like to put them in a binder so I can flip thru more easily to see what I have.
Unread 08-06-2013, 05:28 AM   #2744
Polyshrink Goddess

Never mind. I found the pdf's.
Unread 08-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #2745
Stazon Splitcoast

I was using a Cricut Lite cartridge the other night and I couldn't get the layers to cut. There should be 4 different images for each button on the keyboard: regular, shift regular, layer, and shift layer. At least that is what I am calling them. LOL No matter what I tried, it kept cutting the same scalloped circle. I have to admit that I don't use my Cricut as much as I should, so maybe I am just not familiar enough with it. BTW it is a Cricut Expression. Am I doing something wrong or is it a defunct cartridge?
Unread 08-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #2746
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CuteCats View Post
I was using a Cricut Lite cartridge the other night and I couldn't get the layers to cut. There should be 4 different images for each button on the keyboard: regular, shift regular, layer, and shift layer. At least that is what I am calling them. LOL No matter what I tried, it kept cutting the same scalloped circle. I have to admit that I don't use my Cricut as much as I should, so maybe I am just not familiar enough with it. BTW it is a Cricut Expression. Am I doing something wrong or is it a defunct cartridge?
Did you press the function key first, and then the key? If you are using the Shift key, you need to press that too. HTH.
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #2747
Compulsive Stamper

I have a Cricut Expressions and a few cartridges. I must admit that I have not used it much at all. Now that they have this CCR, that works on the computer, my interest has been tweeked again. I have noticed in the buy and sell forum that people mention if the cartridges have been linked to a gypsy. Why is that important to know? Also, if I upload?? my cartidges so I can use them with CCR will that make it difficult for me to sell my cartridges if I find I still don't make use of them? Is it the same thing as linking them to a Gypsy? Thanks for any info on this as I know NOTHING about the gypsy or their new CCR.
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #2748
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin261 View Post
I have a Cricut Expressions and a few cartridges. I must admit that I have not used it much at all. Now that they have this CCR, that works on the computer, my interest has been tweeked again. I have noticed in the buy and sell forum that people mention if the cartridges have been linked to a gypsy. Why is that important to know? Also, if I upload?? my cartidges so I can use them with CCR will that make it difficult for me to sell my cartridges if I find I still don't make use of them? Is it the same thing as linking them to a Gypsy? Thanks for any info on this as I know NOTHING about the gypsy or their new CCR.
Once they have been linked to a Gypsy they cannot be linked to another one. The cartridges are still good to use in your machine. I don't know how CCR works.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #2749
Matboard Maniac

Hi Penguine!

Just as Iluvcards said, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Gypsy, it is sort of like a crutch for me now. I do not have the ability to connect my Cricut to my computer b/c of space issues....so I have never tried the CCR.

I will not consider buying a cartridge that has already been linked to a Gypsy b/c I NEED it to be linked to mine.

There were a ton of people who hated their Gypsy and did not use it, so this is not an issue for them.

As more and more time so by, this is not going to be so much of an issue b/c Provo Craft has discontinued the Gypsy and as they break or become non working there is nothing to do except sell your soul, or an organ to another one!

If my Gypsy ever stops working, I will have to do it the "old fashioned" way and insert the cart one by one as I use them. That would be such a pain for me b/c as I said I have major space issues and all my cartridges (over 100) are stored away.

Blessings,
Valerie
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #2750
Pearl-ExPert

I have all three, Cricut, Gypsy, CCR up and mostly running. I do not use my Gypsy much as it WILL NOT work with my Cricut. All of my older cartridges are linked to my Gypsy. I will not link my new ones to it even though I can use my Gypsy with the Cricut machine at my LSS during crops. I just take my carts if going to a crop. Not a problem for me as I don't have all that many, but I have been adding to my inventory this year......

I design mostly with CCR and you don't have to link carts for it to work but you do have to have the physical cart (no problem for me because I use an iMac) to cut and it is not portable!!

I to LOVED my Gypsy but it quite "talking" with my Cricut (older model) after a month of using the two together. Provo Craft could not help!! It bummed me out so I bought a Silhouette Cameo.......... which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. Besides my Cricut only cuts 6x12 whereas I cut 12x12 for scrapbooking with the Cameo.

Now I would be interested to find out if/how I can link all the carts that are on my Gypsy to CCR on my computer. Just sweet not to pull out the linked carts every time but not a deal breaker.
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #2751
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
I have all three, Cricut, Gypsy, CCR up and mostly running. I do not use my Gypsy much as it WILL NOT work with my Cricut. All of my older cartridges are linked to my Gypsy. I will not link my new ones to it even though I can use my Gypsy with the Cricut machine at my LSS during crops. I just take my carts if going to a crop. Not a problem for me as I don't have all that many, but I have been adding to my inventory this year......

I design mostly with CCR and you don't have to link carts for it to work but you do have to have the physical cart (no problem for me because I use an iMac) to cut and it is not portable!!

I to LOVED my Gypsy but it quite "talking" with my Cricut (older model) after a month of using the two together. Provo Craft could not help!! It bummed me out so I bought a Silhouette Cameo.......... which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. Besides my Cricut only cuts 6x12 whereas I cut 12x12 for scrapbooking with the Cameo.

Now I would be interested to find out if/how I can link all the carts that are on my Gypsy to CCR on my computer. Just sweet not to pull out the linked carts every time but not a deal breaker.
Yes, you can link your cartridges with CCR if they are linked with your Gypsy! I believe the directions are on the CCR site. Just make sure that you use the same email address for everything. (Don't ask. ) Now everything works with everything else for me. The only exception is my Cricut E, which I haven't synced with CCR, because I want to continue using SCAL 2 with it.
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #2752
Pearl-ExPert

I'm with you Scrapjanny, if I had SCAL on any Cricut, I would not change it for anything. Thanks for the info, I kind of knew I could get it to link but I'm afraid something bad will happen to my Cricut or computer.

Last edited by sewflake; 08-19-2013 at 08:10 PM..
Unread 08-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #2753
Cardstock Collector

Can someone tell me the basic differnce between an Expression & Expression 2? I have the small Cricut and am finding I "need" the bigger one, not sure which one is better or if it makes that much difference?

Thanks,
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #2754
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNY View Post
Can someone tell me the basic differnce between an Expression & Expression 2? I have the small Cricut and am finding I "need" the bigger one, not sure which one is better or if it makes that much difference?

Thanks,
I believe the expression 2 can also print.

I am so envious of people who have SCAL. I wish I could find an old copy. I will not update my expression. I have even considered selling mine so that I could get something to work with MDS.
member #1989

if you don't talk to your cat about catnip who will?
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #2755
Matboard Maniac

Hi Nancy!

I actually have both of the machines you are considering.

I am not computer savvy at all! I am very limited in space and have to craft in my dining room. And pack everything away for every meal. Bummer!

So I LOVE the E2 b/c all my carts are on my Gypsy and w/ the digital screen you do not NEED the handbook and overlay. I have all my carts, handbooks and overlays packed away.

If you use CRR or you Gypsy this will not be an issue for you. I do not have the ability to connect my Cricut to my computer so I do not use CRR.

With that being said I really miss the regular Expression. It is really easy to use and I LOVE the navigation buttons. I guess I am a "touchy-feely" person. (I do not like my touch screen phone for the same reasons...miss my old dumb phone with physical keys that I can feel and depress.

The E2 has NO buttons for you to push, NO navigation buttons and you have to remember what the 20-30 icons are each time you use it. It has a touch screen that you use a stylus to select. I do not use it enough to remember so I have a cheat sheet.

It does have some really neat features that remind me of the Gypsy. Being able to chance the cutting setting based on the type of paper you are using is AWESOME!

But again I do not use it enough so I get frustrated. Because I am frustrated I do not want to use it too much. It is a catch 22 for me.

Neither one prints. Only the Imagine prints but that has been discontinued.

Hope this helps,
Valerie
Unread 08-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #2756
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks, everyone, for your info on the gypsy and CCR in regards to their cartridges.

I just need a bit more clarification:

1. if I purchase cartidges on the buy and sell forum that were linked to a gypsy I can use them with CCR but not a gypsy
2. uploading/linking my cartridges to CCR will not restrict resale
Unread 08-22-2013, 02:39 AM   #2757
Die Cut Diva

I don't think you can link a cartridge to CCR if it has been linked to a Gypsy that you don't own. However, you can just cut with it using CCR. You'll have to insert the cartridge when it's time to cut.
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #2758
Pearl-ExPert

Scrapjanny is right, once the cartridge is linked to a Gypsy it can not be linked to another Gypsy or CCR, but you can design with CCR, insert the cart and cut.

It makes me wonder if the owner of the Gypsy these said carts are linked to can download/link to CCR with that Gypsy and cut without possessing the cartridges any longer.
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #2759
Cardstock Collector

Thanks so much Valerie, that helps a lot. I don't have a gypsy nor have I connected with CCR yet. LOL I am so far behind the times! I don't have a ton of cartridges, so just keep plugging them in.

But I now have the first 2 CTMH cartridges and will be ordering the new one in October and they do so much, and lots of it requires the larger machine. In the last two months I've used those cartridges the most - I'm sure the touch screen would be a huge learning curve for me also (since I don't use it everyday!)

I'm just doing my research as I plan to but one with my birthday money.
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #2760
Matboard Maniac

Hi Nancy!

The CTMH are my favorite ones as well!

I have had a cricut since they first came out...and I am STILL behind the times! That is what appealed to me in the very beginning. It was not computer dependent and you just plug and go...Voila! This is for me! All these years later...I am still at the same point. Sad really.

I was forced to learn BASIC Gypsy "stuff" for 3 reasons....

1. I was never sure what orientation/size my image was going to cut and when dealing w/ scrap pieces of paper this very much frustrated me when I laid my paper out wrong. I waisted SO much paper!

2. I REALLY did not like the tick marks that were cut into the paper for fold lines. In cards esp. So when I heard that the Gypsy would solve that I had to learn.

3. For space reasons, I was able to store away the physical boxes, carts b/c w/ the Gypsy I could just plug my Gypsy in and my ENTIRE cart library was in the tiny hand held unit! YEA!

I am going to hate life if my Gypsy ever stops working! I Can Not connect to CCR b/c my computer is in a totally different part of the house. I had heard rumors about a wireless adapter that the E2 can accommodate that was supposed to allow someone like me to sill be able to "connect" but wirelessly. (This feature was WHY I upgraded to the E2) However, I was later told that the adapter was only for connection for UPGRADES only for the cutting and personal use....AT THIS TIME...

Bummer...

The company is really pushing everyone to use the CCR...they have discontinued the Gypsy so support for it is VERY hard to get. I took over 6 months for them to update it so that that last few carts that I purchased could be linked to it! VERY frustrating. That is what they want...to convert people to CCR which is available immediately. But again, I can not use the CCR...not everyone has their machines next to their computers.

I REALLY want the new CTMH cart...But I will not purchase it until I know that the update to the Gypsy to include it in my library has been done.

Valerie