In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 AM   #2681
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,654
Default

annimay- Have you been over to the Cricut MB? This is the forum for the E2: Expression 2 Machine [2001186] - Cricut Forums

Narelle & Mercy are the Bug Guides for that forum. They are both from Australia. I know you wrote in an earlier thread you were from Queensland New Zealand. The Australian & New Zealand Cricut vendors are usually linked together. Mercy & Narelle are really sweet and they would help you. Don't be shy about posting over there.

The problems you are writing about are definitely a power issue. I want to help but I am in the States so I would just mess you up more. I thought of Narelle & Mercy since they are in that area and are the top Cricut experts for that area. There are a couple other New Zealand girls over at the Cricut MB who might be able to help too.

I hope that helps.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #2682
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Default

hi mad swapper i have tried and tried to get into cricut site but it wont accept me even with the password they send me it just doesnt accept me .i did get my machine upgraded i had to take it to my daughters place to use her internet as my machine will not accept it when i put the cord in which i received with cricut it cuts my internet out ,we cannot get the adapter in australia yet .i was thinking if that is the problem i would try to get on a site in america and have one sent over. but i am not sure that that is what is needed .
annimay123 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #2683
Mad Swapper
 
jan31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: southern spain
Posts: 1,932
Default

Sorry I can't help with your problem but before you order anything electrical from America be sure that it will work in Australia , here in Europe and England we can't use anything electrical bought in the states without a two way plug adapter, hope I'm making sense, didn't want you to waste money if it wouldn't work.
__________________
Jan
Christmas card challenge
S2S 2014 +85.50
jan31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #2684
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,055
Default

I have the Cricut Design studio. I have not used it in a long time. I worked for an hour preparing "McQueen" from Disney Cars to cut in a folded card. I went to cut it on my Expression and it wants to do a update. So I either update it and lose the ability to use Sure Cuts Alot (SCAL)or dont update and I wasted my money on Cricut Design Studio.

Am I understanding that correctly? I just love Sure Cuts Alot but I have so many Cricut cartridges. And Cricut Design Studio is not user friendly or have the feature that SCAL does.

Bonnie
Stampnf1n is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #2685
Forum Fanatic
 
gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,406
Default

I think that's pretty much the way it is. Cricut will do pretty much anything to keep you from using your own creativity with their precious machines. So you have to choose, CDS or SCAL.
__________________
Wash: "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
Jayne: "Da*n straight."


my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
gale is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #2686
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,654
Default

I know a lot of people are using SCAL with CDS. I am using MTC with my little Cricut Create. I have recently updated my Create & Gypsy with no problems or blocking. I hope that helps some.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #2687
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,052
Default

As long as you don't update the Firmware, you will still be able to use SCAL. Updating for just the cartridges won't block it. Is it telling you that you have to update to get the Cars cartridge into Design Studio, or is it telling you to update your Firmware?
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #2688
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
As long as you don't update the Firmware, you will still be able to use SCAL. Updating for just the cartridges won't block it. Is it telling you that you have to update to get the Cars cartridge into Design Studio, or is it telling you to update your Firmware?
I updated the cartridges to get the Disney Pixar Cars cartridge in Design Studio. When I went to actually cut the design I created in Design Studio it said I needed to upgrade something so I panicked and shut everything off.

I use SCAL so much on my own designs I wont be able to live without.

I even thought about purchasing a used/reconditioned Cricut for the Design Studio. But I dont have the room so I am not doing that yet.

Why cant Provo Craft just play nice?!!

Bonnie
Stampnf1n is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:03 AM   #2689
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,654
Default

I don't even know why DS is telling you to upgrade. PC hasn't updated Design Studio for a couple of years now. They are slowly getting rid of it for Cricut Craft Room. You can't even buy it any more. Only PC would cause stress like that.

Is it asking for a Firmware update? Do you know which build your Cricut is on. Is it telling you that you need to update so you can cut with the Cars cartridge. You might not have that Font Pack in Design Studio. Font Packs will not hamper your ability to cut with MTC. The Font Packs are essentially a database file.

I did some research for you. Design Studio is not updating Firmware any more. It's updating through Cricut Craft Room. If that update is asking you to upgrade your Cricut it's probably safe. Don't update using CCR because that's the iffy one.

If you turn on your Cricut it will say Firmware with a set of numbers like 2.35. I can check to see if that firmware is safe with MTC.

I found something else. These are the Cricut Firmware numbers that do work with MTC:

Cricut Personal Cutter 1.34
Cricut Expression 2.34 (or 2.35 on a colored E --DON'T update it!)
Cricut Create 3.4

My Cricut Create is at 3.4 and I can still use MTC.

Hope that helps.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #2690
Mad Swapper
 
jan31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: southern spain
Posts: 1,932
Default

Hi DeeAnn,
Just catching up with this thread and read your message, thanks for all the info, I havent used design studio for ages, and I'm not sure when I last updated my cricut but it was ages ago and I would be very scared to update now as I use scal all the time, I would never buy another cricut because of all the problems even though I love it and use it all the time, sad isn't it.
__________________
Jan
Christmas card challenge
S2S 2014 +85.50
jan31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #2691
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I don't even know why DS is telling you to upgrade. PC hasn't updated Design Studio for a couple of years now. They are slowly getting rid of it for Cricut Craft Room. You can't even buy it any more. Only PC would cause stress like that.

Is it asking for a Firmware update? Do you know which build your Cricut is on. Is it telling you that you need to update so you can cut with the Cars cartridge. You might not have that Font Pack in Design Studio. Font Packs will not hamper your ability to cut with MTC. The Font Packs are essentially a database file.

I did some research for you. Design Studio is not updating Firmware any more. It's updating through Cricut Craft Room. If that update is asking you to upgrade your Cricut it's probably safe. Don't update using CCR because that's the iffy one.

If you turn on your Cricut it will say Firmware with a set of numbers like 2.35. I can check to see if that firmware is safe with MTC.

I found something else. These are the Cricut Firmware numbers that do work with MTC:

Cricut Personal Cutter 1.34
Cricut Expression 2.34 (or 2.35 on a colored E --DON'T update it!)
Cricut Create 3.4

My Cricut Create is at 3.4 and I can still use MTC.

Hope that helps.
My Cricut comes up with V2.31. And it says my machine needs a firmware update.

Thanks for all the help.

Bonnie
Attached Thumbnails
cricut.jpg  
Stampnf1n is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:35 AM   #2692
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,654
Default

Your welcome Jan.

Stampnf1n- I looked up some things for you. Apparently you can update your Firmware with Design Studio and it will go only up to Firmware 2.34. That's where the firmware updates stop with Design Studio. If you update through Cricut Craft Room you might get a block from MTC but several have updated and are using MTC/CCR/DS just fine.

I am reading the MTC forums about this. I keep hoping one of the MTC posters sees this. I don't post over there. I only lurk occasionally to find an answer for one of my cutters.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #2693
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 779
Default

I am so NOT computer-savvy.
I have a Cricut and Gypsy I got for xmas and haven't used yet. I am intimidated!
What is Design studio?
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
Website (under construction): http://www.inspiredbliss.ca/
DianeCraft is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #2694
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,654
Default

Design Studio is an old program for the Cricut. It's exactly like the Gypsy but used on your computer. It came before the Gypsy. ProvoCraft no longer makes it or really supports it. The new software is Cricut Craft Room. It's free to use. Design Studio was not free if you wanted to cut with the cartridges you owned. There are bugs in Cricut Craft room. Some users love it, other hate it. I don't care for it but I do use it too look up designs when I am thinking of buying a cartridge. I mainly use my Gypsy for designing.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #2695
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Does anyone here use the CCR and have had problems with it? I uploaded it and had no problems for a few weeks now it won't let me log on, I wrote cricut.com and they told me they're working on a fix, but who knows how long that'll be, I want it now, I don't have a qyspy, has anyone else had a problem they were able to fix and how?
I have DS but can't get it to work eighter, a friend gave it to me, and I went through all the updates, and everything, even called them and they finally gave me a key but I just can't get it to activate, it's almost like somethings blocking it,
at this point I'm getting pretty frustrated with my cricut, too bad I was stupid enough to update my firmware, I might be able to set up SCAL, but I really want a program that'll help me weld and play with my cartridges. Stupid bugs on CCR I really loved that program,
Karee Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #2696
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karee Sue View Post
Does anyone here use the CCR and have had problems with it? I uploaded it and had no problems for a few weeks now it won't let me log on, I wrote cricut.com and they told me they're working on a fix, but who knows how long that'll be, I want it now, I don't have a qyspy, has anyone else had a problem they were able to fix and how?
I have DS but can't get it to work eighter, a friend gave it to me, and I went through all the updates, and everything, even called them and they finally gave me a key but I just can't get it to activate, it's almost like somethings blocking it,
at this point I'm getting pretty frustrated with my cricut, too bad I was stupid enough to update my firmware, I might be able to set up SCAL, but I really want a program that'll help me weld and play with my cartridges. Stupid bugs on CCR I really loved that program,
I heard CCR is locking out people. I used CCR with my Imagine. With the Imagine it's like a lottery. It either prints & cuts, only prints or only cuts. It's just different every single time. As a geek I know what the problem is but PC believes most of their customer base is simple minded and lacks intelligence. I really believe this at times. I am a long time Cricut user with a lot of experience. Love the designs on the carts. Love what the machine was really made to do. Don't love the developers. Simple computer code should be a basic when you get a job at a company that provides tech products. Mini rant over, lol. I am not surprised users are locked out of CCR.

Last I heard E2 users can not use CCR or Gypsy at all with their machines.

When you tried to apply the code to Design Studio was your anti-virus and firewall turned off? A lot of times those two programs will block you when your trying to apply a license code. It happens in many of the products on the market and not just Design Studio. If that doesn't work then it's probably on PC's side and you should have one of their tech support stay on the line with you until your DS is fully operational. This should have been done in the first place. Somebody didn't do their job in helping you.

Well, I sound like a flaming grump this morning, ROFL! I am not. I have been sick with that tummy virus going around and running a high fever in a heat wave.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #2697
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I heard CCR is locking out people. I used CCR with my Imagine. With the Imagine it's like a lottery. It either prints & cuts, only prints or only cuts. It's just different every single time. As a geek I know what the problem is but PC believes most of their customer base is simple minded and lacks intelligence. I really believe this at times. I am a long time Cricut user with a lot of experience. Love the designs on the carts. Love what the machine was really made to do. Don't love the developers. Simple computer code should be a basic when you get a job at a company that provides tech products. Mini rant over, lol. I am not surprised users are locked out of CCR.

Last I heard E2 users can not use CCR or Gypsy at all with their machines.

When you tried to apply the code to Design Studio was your anti-virus and firewall turned off? A lot of times those two programs will block you when your trying to apply a license code. It happens in many of the products on the market and not just Design Studio. If that doesn't work then it's probably on PC's side and you should have one of their tech support stay on the line with you until your DS is fully operational. This should have been done in the first place. Somebody didn't do their job in helping you.

Well, I sound like a flaming grump this morning, ROFL! I am not. I have been sick with that tummy virus going around and running a high fever in a heat wave.
I'm starting to agree with you, I'm not very computer smart, but not stupid eigher, I know when something wrong or shouldn't be that way, duh.

Ya I did shut off both my virus scanner and firewall when trying to install both programs, I've pretty much given up on the DS, but am still trying to get CCR to work, I like it better than DS anyway, more features,
the message board on cricut.com is pretty helpful, last night someone had info of how to delete a file called Abode Air Eula on your computer and the program replaces it, and that should work, but it didn't work for me, do you know anything about that? maybe I'll have to get administer rights or something.
Karee Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #2698
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,654
Default

There was a bad storm in my area today and it knocked out the power for several hours in 100 degree heat. I am running a high fever on top of it. Getting better though. To say the least I am not putting two and two together very well. If I am at all confusing please don't be afraid to let me know. I will fix it.

Is your Adobe Air a new copy? If it's not you can download Adobe Zapper to remove all traces of Adobe Air. You can also rollback your computer to a time before you install Adobe Air and try the installation again.

------------

If your installation is new do the following-

Do this key combination- Windows + R. The Windows key is the one shaped like windows. A lot of users when they see a key combination with the + sign they hit the plus sign too. It's an easy mistake to make. Don't do that. Just click the windows key and R together. Your trying to get to your Run box command.

You can also get to Run command by going to start and clicking on the run menu. Windows usually likes to hide this box because it's for experienced users (in Windows mind) so if the box is not there don't worry about it. Just do the key combination instead.

In the Run box copy & past this %appdata%

This will open a folder and you should see Adobe. Open the Adobe folder and find the Air folder.

Right click the eulaAccepted file and select Properties.

Choose General tab uncheck Read Only. You might need administrator rights for this. After unchecking click apply.

Choose Security Tab. Look for your name. Look to see if there is a checkmark next to Full Control.

After your done with the above you can click and delete the file. If it does not delete try in administrator.

Once it's deleted open Cricut Craft Room again and the Eula should rebuild itself.

----------

If this does not work try installing the Desktop Version. If you already had the Desktop Version try opening the Web Version.

I just logged into CCR. I got in fine. It's a bit slow though. I don't have a Cricut machine hooked up to my computer. I hope that helps.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #2699
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

thanks ever so much lylacfey for your reply
I did all the steps you described, even deleted the file and tried again, but it didn't work, what I'm wondering about is when I reach the read only option, it is already unchecked, and I don't have a security tab, I'm wondering if that is because my computer is hooked up to a network which is under a community administer, now I'm wondering If I might just have to get permission to gain full access to Adobe Air,
but what I will try is download the Abode Zapper and try and reinstall the program, I haven't tried that yet, as well as the desktop CCR, even though I've done that a number of times,
Karee Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #2700
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,654
Default

This has worked for me a few times. I will check the Read Only option. Click apply. Exit the program, restart my computer. Go back and uncheck the Read Only box. It seems to be a Windows bug at times.

If you are on a Network you will probably have to log on as the Administrator for that Network and then try deleting Adobe Air for All Users. That is very important. Make sure you delete For All Users and not just in Administrator.

Do try Adobe Zapper. Make sure you restart your computer even if it doesn't ask you too. Adobe loves to hang on with all their programs they make. One of the famed Adobe quirks in the computer nerd world.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #2701
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Thanks for all your help, nothing seems to help,
cricut.com wrote me back today to call them and they'll try to figure out the problem over the phone, but it'll prob take me a while to work up the nerve. lol
I wanna first talk to my brother about trying that Adobe Air file thing on the administer board, if that won't work guess I'll just have to wait till it decides to work again on it's own,
same thing happened to me with my Silhouette program, all of a sudden I just couldn't download the free files, for almost a year, I kept bugging the administer, kept calling their help line, tried everything possible, just nothing I did or tried worked, than one day just out of the blue it started working again, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that'll happen here too.
Karee Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #2702
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Default

there are squares on the george cart


Eddieenn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #2703
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karee Sue View Post
Thanks for all your help, nothing seems to help,
cricut.com wrote me back today to call them and they'll try to figure out the problem over the phone, but it'll prob take me a while to work up the nerve. lol
I wanna first talk to my brother about trying that Adobe Air file thing on the administer board, if that won't work guess I'll just have to wait till it decides to work again on it's own,
same thing happened to me with my Silhouette program, all of a sudden I just couldn't download the free files, for almost a year, I kept bugging the administer, kept calling their help line, tried everything possible, just nothing I did or tried worked, than one day just out of the blue it started working again, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that'll happen here too.
I have a Silhouette too. The Silhouette program can be very nitpicky on a Network. So between CCR and your past problems with the Silhouette I am betting you are having a Network error. It's probably an easy fix once the administrator can get in there. Don't lose hope.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #2704
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I have a Silhouette too. The Silhouette program can be very nitpicky on a Network. So between CCR and your past problems with the Silhouette I am betting you are having a Network error. It's probably an easy fix once the administrator can get in there. Don't lose hope.
Oh Lylacfey I feel like such an idiot, you using the words "network error" should have put a light bulb over my head, but I feel like banging my head against a wall, I'm such a dummy, there's something wrong with our wireless router, my bro keeps promising to replace it, and sometimes, although the net works it acts funny or slow, almost every time I want to use my printer I have to reset the network, last night I was trying to upload pictures to my computer to my camera and I kept getting a error camera not found...so this morning I unplugged the network and restarted it, later I was fooling around on my computer and for the heck of it decided to check my craft room one more time and almost freaked when I logged in, So all I needed to do in the first place was reset my network, I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place,
Karee Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #2705
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,654
Default

Your not an idiot. I am a computer geek & I forget things all the time. A couple of weeks ago my computer kept beeping at me over and over again. I was trying to find the beep. I unplugged everything. It was still beeping. Then I set all my peripherals on the floor and shut off my computer so I could figure out who was the beeping offender. My computer kept beeping.

Then I noticed my DH was playing Fallout. I said "Are you beeping?" He said it was the guys helmet in FallOut. It beeps when he's about ready to die. I said "I thought you were a Fallout expert!" "How are you dying?" He said he was looking for a hard snowglobe and he kept getting killed. I said "Dude, I tore my computer up looking for the beep." He fell off the couch laughing when he saw I had everything on the floor.

The Silhouette & Cricut are technically Printers. On Windows & Linux systems all die cut machines set up as printer drivers. I am so glad you were able to fix it and can use CCR again.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #2706
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
Your not an idiot. I am a computer geek & I forget things all the time. A couple of weeks ago my computer kept beeping at me over and over again. I was trying to find the beep. I unplugged everything. It was still beeping. Then I set all my peripherals on the floor and shut off my computer so I could figure out who was the beeping offender. My computer kept beeping.

Then I noticed my DH was playing Fallout. I said "Are you beeping?" He said it was the guys helmet in FallOut. It beeps when he's about ready to die. I said "I thought you were a Fallout expert!" "How are you dying?" He said he was looking for a hard snowglobe and he kept getting killed. I said "Dude, I tore my computer up looking for the beep." He fell off the couch laughing when he saw I had everything on the floor.

The Silhouette & Cricut are technically Printers. On Windows & Linux systems all die cut machines set up as printer drivers. I am so glad you were able to fix it and can use CCR again.
Thanks so much for all your help, I'm so glad there are such nice people on these boards willing to help out,
Karee Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #2707
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklvr View Post
I found a blog that explained how to use this score blade. You can only use it for the tbb&m 2 cart. from how I read it, and they will eventually make more carts you can use this for? Anyway she goes on to say as an example:
The shift base of the milkcarton for example is actually the scoring feature. You would replace your cutting blade with the score blade for this part. You would then unload your mat, replace the blade with the cutting blade, load your mat and it would return to the place you scored, then cut the Base milk carton. I sure hope the handbook that comes with the cart explains each one for me.
I just got theTBBM2 cart and my score lines don't line up with my boxes. I have watched a couple YouTube videos but still can't get it. I don't unload my mat, but push the load mat again to score. I saw this post and was wondering if you could tell me what blog you saw or if anyone else has any suggestions. I really want to make these awesome boxes.
Any help would be appreciated.
stampinCC is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #2708
Embossing Fanatic
 
Sharnette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 61
Default

OK, I this might seem like a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway,lol. I just moved and while unpacking my E2 I misplaced my blade housing, I also have an E. Since you can buy blade housing, can I just take the blade housing from my E and put it in the E2? I really want to play with the new one, lol. Can anyone help me? Thanks
Sharnette is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #2709
Stampin' Fool
 
scrapinnut620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oswego, Illinois
Posts: 1,436
Default

Cricut Craft Room Cutting Images

After I chose my images and placed them on my virtual mat, I thought can I cut each of these in the color I want or have to change out paper for each image? I have the original cricut machine. Can anyone help?
__________________
Scrapinnut620
My Gallery
scrapinnut620 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #2710
Glitter Guru
 
sami02usc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toledo, Oh
Posts: 5,518
Send a message via AIM to sami02usc
Default

They interchange I actually took my original metal housing from my baby bug and put it in my E2 before selling my baby bug. I love my E2 enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharnette View Post
OK, I this might seem like a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway,lol. I just moved and while unpacking my E2 I misplaced my blade housing, I also have an E. Since you can buy blade housing, can I just take the blade housing from my E and put it in the E2? I really want to play with the new one, lol. Can anyone help me? Thanks
__________________
Samantha- A Muse Studio Creative Consultant
My Blog
sami02usc is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #2711
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,052
Default

If I install Cricut Craft Room, will I have to update my firmware? Will CCR block SCAL if I install it on a different computer?
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #2712
Matboard Maniac
 
jeffnval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bedford TX
Posts: 260
Default

subbing
__________________
Crafty MOM of 3 girls
jeffnval is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #2713
Embossing Fanatic
 
Sharnette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami02usc View Post
They interchange I actually took my original metal housing from my baby bug and put it in my E2 before selling my baby bug. I love my E2 enjoy!

Thank You Sam. Sorry it took so long to reply, I just started my new job and haven't had a chance to get back on here. I'm gonna take the blade out of the E and put it in the E2. I really want to play with it and the 2 cartridges that came preloaded...that will be my Saturday after I do some house cleaning and whatnot, lol.
Sharnette is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #2714
Polyshrink Goddess
 
sewnmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the "Hood"
Posts: 648
Default

Just an FYI for anyone that owns a Cricut Create - if you update your machines firmware to build 1.61 you will NOT be able to cut using your cartridges!!!!
I updated my Create via my Gypsy so they could play together. Big mistake. The firmware was updated to 1.61 and would no longer recognize cartridges. ***?
I went to the Cricut message boards and sure enough......everybody that had that build was having the same problems.
One of the guides then instructed everyone to download the trial verision of Cricut Design Studio, and let it update/backdate the build to 1.54. This fix works - unfortunately 1.54 will not work with the Gypsy. So be it. I'd rather be able to use my cartridges instead of the Gypsy. As with all things Provo Craft, I just never know when my Gypsy will meet an untimely death. Anyway, setting it back to build 1.54 allows it recognize your carts.

So. As one woman said on the Cricut message boards - instead of suing the software developer of SCAL, they should have HIRED him. Clearly Provo Craft doesn't have any capable software/firmware engineers on staff. Everything PC releases as "updates" are like seek and destroy missiles.
__________________
A good dog, a sewing machine, and an old guitar......
sewnmachine is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #2715
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
If I install Cricut Craft Room, will I have to update my firmware? Will CCR block SCAL if I install it on a different computer?
Yes, you will have to update your firmware. Some users have been blocked. Others have not. I noticed most SCAL users are having better luck. I bet the CraftEdge forum would have a better answer.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #2716
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
Just an FYI for anyone that owns a Cricut Create - if you update your machines firmware to build 1.61 you will NOT be able to cut using your cartridges!!!!
I updated my Create via my Gypsy so they could play together. Big mistake. The firmware was updated to 1.61 and would no longer recognize cartridges. ***?
I went to the Cricut message boards and sure enough......everybody that had that build was having the same problems.
One of the guides then instructed everyone to download the trial verision of Cricut Design Studio, and let it update/backdate the build to 1.54. This fix works - unfortunately 1.54 will not work with the Gypsy. So be it. I'd rather be able to use my cartridges instead of the Gypsy. As with all things Provo Craft, I just never know when my Gypsy will meet an untimely death. Anyway, setting it back to build 1.54 allows it recognize your carts.
You want hear what is really weird. I updated my Gypsy and it's working with the Create. I have a friend who updated her Gypsy it's working with the Create. I updated a couple months ago. She updated a few weeks ago when one of the new cartridges came out. I updated because my Gypsy was glitchy and needed a new format. I did format the whole Gypsy. I did it under an hour too. How the heck did I luck out? I updated my Gypsy while it was hooked to my computer and so did my friend.

I have three other friends who have updated and their Creates won't work with the Gypsy. I have another friend whose Create won't work with the cartridges even after she reverted back. Another friend whose Create is now dead in the water.

Your right about their engineers.

I kind of rely on my Create. I do Kawaii swaps & I get a lot of requests for Create a Critter and Hello Kitty items. I have a friend that is a cake decorator and she requests templates from me. Now, I am scared of my Create and if it's going to give me the dreaded message my Gypsy doesn't work or my cartridges.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #2717
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 22
Default Cricut Mat

My dearest Mama was trying to do me a favor and purchased a new mat for my Expression... unfortunately, she purchased the mat for the Cricut Mini. Even though the mat size isnt recognizable, can I still use it in the Expression? I'm in Germany, so getting a new mat can be a problem (just like re-sticking).

Thanks for your help - love the tips on this forum!
NessaLynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:22 AM   #2718
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
Yes, you will have to update your firmware. Some users have been blocked. Others have not. I noticed most SCAL users are having better luck. I bet the CraftEdge forum would have a better answer.
Thanks, DeeAnn. I don't think I'm going to take the chance on updating my firmware until I research further. I appreciate the feedback.
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #2719
Polyshrink Goddess
 
sewnmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the "Hood"
Posts: 648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
You want hear what is really weird. I updated my Gypsy and it's working with the Create. I have a friend who updated her Gypsy it's working with the Create. I updated a couple months ago. She updated a few weeks ago when one of the new cartridges came out. I updated because my Gypsy was glitchy and needed a new format. I did format the whole Gypsy. I did it under an hour too. How the heck did I luck out? I updated my Gypsy while it was hooked to my computer and so did my friend.

I have three other friends who have updated and their Creates won't work with the Gypsy. I have another friend whose Create won't work with the cartridges even after she reverted back. Another friend whose Create is now dead in the water.

Your right about their engineers.



I kind of rely on my Create. I do Kawaii swaps & I get a lot of requests for Create a Critter and Hello Kitty items. I have a friend that is a cake decorator and she requests templates from me. Now, I am scared of my Create and if it's going to give me the dreaded message my Gypsy doesn't work or my cartridges.

Wow! The Create functionality is really all over the map. Check what your build is on the Create - it's build 1.61 that is causing all the problems. The guide (Narelle) said that build went tooooooo far for the Create. After I updated to that build my Gypsy did indeed work - it was the carts that it wouldn't read. Then one woman said her Gypsy worked with that build for about 5 cuts, and then her machine wouldn't recognize neither the Gypsy nor the carts. So, who knows?

My Gypsy works well with my baby bug, and I have ZERO intentions of updating it. So. I am frozen in time.
__________________
A good dog, a sewing machine, and an old guitar......
sewnmachine is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #2720
Proud Fan Club Member
 
sewflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: in my craft room
Posts: 4,103
Default

Here is another person that has had problems with my NEW Gypsy playing well with an older Create. They worked well together for about a month then all of a sudden the Gypsy said it was not getting data to my Cricut, then my cartridges would not work with my create. I became dead in the water, until a call to Provo Craft. After that call I was able to use the cartridges in my Cricut but not with the design ablility of my Gypsy. They sent me a new cord figuring it was a problem with the cord. NOT so! I was going to a crop at my LSS so I took my Gypsy along. It still works with their Cricut expression but not with my Create.

Provo Craft did connect me with Cricut-Craft room which will allow me to use the same functions as the Gypsy and cut on my machine. I am not sure I will ever try to update again..... as long as it (Create) works I am not going to mess with it. I still love the welding I can do with all the fonts I own.

I bought a Silhouette because of all the problems with Cricuts, now I love them both! Keeping my fingers crossed that they both will continue working!!
__________________
Sharon
My Gallery
Scrapbook Goal 2014 - 083/200, j 30, f 26, m 27, a 5
sewflake is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off