Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #2681
Glitter Queen

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I have a Silhouette too. The Silhouette program can be very nitpicky on a Network. So between CCR and your past problems with the Silhouette I am betting you are having a Network error. It's probably an easy fix once the administrator can get in there. Don't lose hope.
Oh Lylacfey I feel like such an idiot, you using the words "network error" should have put a light bulb over my head, but I feel like banging my head against a wall, I'm such a dummy, there's something wrong with our wireless router, my bro keeps promising to replace it, and sometimes, although the net works it acts funny or slow, almost every time I want to use my printer I have to reset the network, last night I was trying to upload pictures to my computer to my camera and I kept getting a error camera not found...so this morning I unplugged the network and restarted it, later I was fooling around on my computer and for the heck of it decided to check my craft room one more time and almost freaked when I logged in, So all I needed to do in the first place was reset my network, I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place,
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #2682
Pearl-ExPert

Your not an idiot. I am a computer geek & I forget things all the time. A couple of weeks ago my computer kept beeping at me over and over again. I was trying to find the beep. I unplugged everything. It was still beeping. Then I set all my peripherals on the floor and shut off my computer so I could figure out who was the beeping offender. My computer kept beeping.

Then I noticed my DH was playing Fallout. I said "Are you beeping?" He said it was the guys helmet in FallOut. It beeps when he's about ready to die. I said "I thought you were a Fallout expert!" "How are you dying?" He said he was looking for a hard snowglobe and he kept getting killed. I said "Dude, I tore my computer up looking for the beep." He fell off the couch laughing when he saw I had everything on the floor.

The Silhouette & Cricut are technically Printers. On Windows & Linux systems all die cut machines set up as printer drivers. I am so glad you were able to fix it and can use CCR again.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 07-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #2683
Glitter Queen

Thumbs up

Quote:
Your not an idiot. I am a computer geek & I forget things all the time. A couple of weeks ago my computer kept beeping at me over and over again. I was trying to find the beep. I unplugged everything. It was still beeping. Then I set all my peripherals on the floor and shut off my computer so I could figure out who was the beeping offender. My computer kept beeping.

Then I noticed my DH was playing Fallout. I said "Are you beeping?" He said it was the guys helmet in FallOut. It beeps when he's about ready to die. I said "I thought you were a Fallout expert!" "How are you dying?" He said he was looking for a hard snowglobe and he kept getting killed. I said "Dude, I tore my computer up looking for the beep." He fell off the couch laughing when he saw I had everything on the floor.

The Silhouette & Cricut are technically Printers. On Windows & Linux systems all die cut machines set up as printer drivers. I am so glad you were able to fix it and can use CCR again.
Thanks so much for all your help, I'm so glad there are such nice people on these boards willing to help out,
Old 07-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #2684
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklvr View Post
I found a blog that explained how to use this score blade. You can only use it for the tbb&m 2 cart. from how I read it, and they will eventually make more carts you can use this for? Anyway she goes on to say as an example:
The shift base of the milkcarton for example is actually the scoring feature. You would replace your cutting blade with the score blade for this part. You would then unload your mat, replace the blade with the cutting blade, load your mat and it would return to the place you scored, then cut the Base milk carton. I sure hope the handbook that comes with the cart explains each one for me.
I just got theTBBM2 cart and my score lines don't line up with my boxes. I have watched a couple YouTube videos but still can't get it. I don't unload my mat, but push the load mat again to score. I saw this post and was wondering if you could tell me what blog you saw or if anyone else has any suggestions. I really want to make these awesome boxes.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #2685
Embossing Fanatic

OK, I this might seem like a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway,lol. I just moved and while unpacking my E2 I misplaced my blade housing, I also have an E. Since you can buy blade housing, can I just take the blade housing from my E and put it in the E2? I really want to play with the new one, lol. Can anyone help me? Thanks
Old 08-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #2686
Stampin' Fool

Cricut Craft Room Cutting Images

After I chose my images and placed them on my virtual mat, I thought can I cut each of these in the color I want or have to change out paper for each image? I have the original cricut machine. Can anyone help?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #2687
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to sami02usc

They interchange I actually took my original metal housing from my baby bug and put it in my E2 before selling my baby bug. I love my E2 enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharnette View Post
OK, I this might seem like a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway,lol. I just moved and while unpacking my E2 I misplaced my blade housing, I also have an E. Since you can buy blade housing, can I just take the blade housing from my E and put it in the E2? I really want to play with the new one, lol. Can anyone help me? Thanks
Old 08-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #2688
Die Cut Diva

If I install Cricut Craft Room, will I have to update my firmware? Will CCR block SCAL if I install it on a different computer?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #2689
Matboard Maniac

subbing
Old 08-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #2690
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami02usc View Post
They interchange I actually took my original metal housing from my baby bug and put it in my E2 before selling my baby bug. I love my E2 enjoy!

Thank You Sam. Sorry it took so long to reply, I just started my new job and haven't had a chance to get back on here. I'm gonna take the blade out of the E and put it in the E2. I really want to play with it and the 2 cartridges that came preloaded...that will be my Saturday after I do some house cleaning and whatnot, lol.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #2691
Polyshrink Goddess

Just an FYI for anyone that owns a Cricut Create - if you update your machines firmware to build 1.61 you will NOT be able to cut using your cartridges!!!!
I updated my Create via my Gypsy so they could play together. Big mistake. The firmware was updated to 1.61 and would no longer recognize cartridges. ***?
I went to the Cricut message boards and sure enough......everybody that had that build was having the same problems.
One of the guides then instructed everyone to download the trial verision of Cricut Design Studio, and let it update/backdate the build to 1.54. This fix works - unfortunately 1.54 will not work with the Gypsy. So be it. I'd rather be able to use my cartridges instead of the Gypsy. As with all things Provo Craft, I just never know when my Gypsy will meet an untimely death. Anyway, setting it back to build 1.54 allows it recognize your carts.

So. As one woman said on the Cricut message boards - instead of suing the software developer of SCAL, they should have HIRED him. Clearly Provo Craft doesn't have any capable software/firmware engineers on staff. Everything PC releases as "updates" are like seek and destroy missiles.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #2692
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
If I install Cricut Craft Room, will I have to update my firmware? Will CCR block SCAL if I install it on a different computer?
Yes, you will have to update your firmware. Some users have been blocked. Others have not. I noticed most SCAL users are having better luck. I bet the CraftEdge forum would have a better answer.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #2693
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
Just an FYI for anyone that owns a Cricut Create - if you update your machines firmware to build 1.61 you will NOT be able to cut using your cartridges!!!!
I updated my Create via my Gypsy so they could play together. Big mistake. The firmware was updated to 1.61 and would no longer recognize cartridges. ***?
I went to the Cricut message boards and sure enough......everybody that had that build was having the same problems.
One of the guides then instructed everyone to download the trial verision of Cricut Design Studio, and let it update/backdate the build to 1.54. This fix works - unfortunately 1.54 will not work with the Gypsy. So be it. I'd rather be able to use my cartridges instead of the Gypsy. As with all things Provo Craft, I just never know when my Gypsy will meet an untimely death. Anyway, setting it back to build 1.54 allows it recognize your carts.
You want hear what is really weird. I updated my Gypsy and it's working with the Create. I have a friend who updated her Gypsy it's working with the Create. I updated a couple months ago. She updated a few weeks ago when one of the new cartridges came out. I updated because my Gypsy was glitchy and needed a new format. I did format the whole Gypsy. I did it under an hour too. How the heck did I luck out? I updated my Gypsy while it was hooked to my computer and so did my friend.

I have three other friends who have updated and their Creates won't work with the Gypsy. I have another friend whose Create won't work with the cartridges even after she reverted back. Another friend whose Create is now dead in the water.

Your right about their engineers.

I kind of rely on my Create. I do Kawaii swaps & I get a lot of requests for Create a Critter and Hello Kitty items. I have a friend that is a cake decorator and she requests templates from me. Now, I am scared of my Create and if it's going to give me the dreaded message my Gypsy doesn't work or my cartridges.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #2694
Compulsive Stamper

Default Cricut Mat

My dearest Mama was trying to do me a favor and purchased a new mat for my Expression... unfortunately, she purchased the mat for the Cricut Mini. Even though the mat size isnt recognizable, can I still use it in the Expression? I'm in Germany, so getting a new mat can be a problem (just like re-sticking).

Thanks for your help - love the tips on this forum!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:22 AM   #2695
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Yes, you will have to update your firmware. Some users have been blocked. Others have not. I noticed most SCAL users are having better luck. I bet the CraftEdge forum would have a better answer.
Thanks, DeeAnn. I don't think I'm going to take the chance on updating my firmware until I research further. I appreciate the feedback.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #2696
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
You want hear what is really weird. I updated my Gypsy and it's working with the Create. I have a friend who updated her Gypsy it's working with the Create. I updated a couple months ago. She updated a few weeks ago when one of the new cartridges came out. I updated because my Gypsy was glitchy and needed a new format. I did format the whole Gypsy. I did it under an hour too. How the heck did I luck out? I updated my Gypsy while it was hooked to my computer and so did my friend.

I have three other friends who have updated and their Creates won't work with the Gypsy. I have another friend whose Create won't work with the cartridges even after she reverted back. Another friend whose Create is now dead in the water.

Your right about their engineers.

I kind of rely on my Create. I do Kawaii swaps & I get a lot of requests for Create a Critter and Hello Kitty items. I have a friend that is a cake decorator and she requests templates from me. Now, I am scared of my Create and if it's going to give me the dreaded message my Gypsy doesn't work or my cartridges.

Wow! The Create functionality is really all over the map. Check what your build is on the Create - it's build 1.61 that is causing all the problems. The guide (Narelle) said that build went tooooooo far for the Create. After I updated to that build my Gypsy did indeed work - it was the carts that it wouldn't read. Then one woman said her Gypsy worked with that build for about 5 cuts, and then her machine wouldn't recognize neither the Gypsy nor the carts. So, who knows?

My Gypsy works well with my baby bug, and I have ZERO intentions of updating it. So. I am frozen in time.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #2697
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is another person that has had problems with my NEW Gypsy playing well with an older Create. They worked well together for about a month then all of a sudden the Gypsy said it was not getting data to my Cricut, then my cartridges would not work with my create. I became dead in the water, until a call to Provo Craft. After that call I was able to use the cartridges in my Cricut but not with the design ablility of my Gypsy. They sent me a new cord figuring it was a problem with the cord. NOT so! I was going to a crop at my LSS so I took my Gypsy along. It still works with their Cricut expression but not with my Create.

Provo Craft did connect me with Cricut-Craft room which will allow me to use the same functions as the Gypsy and cut on my machine. I am not sure I will ever try to update again..... as long as it (Create) works I am not going to mess with it. I still love the welding I can do with all the fonts I own.

I bought a Silhouette because of all the problems with Cricuts, now I love them both! Keeping my fingers crossed that they both will continue working!!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #2698
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, the real reason I came here tonight was to ask if anyone knows if the svg files designed on the Silhouette can be used and cut with a Cricut though SCAL or Cricut-craft room?
Old 08-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #2699
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
Here is another person that has had problems with my NEW Gypsy playing well with an older Create. They worked well together for about a month then all of a sudden the Gypsy said it was not getting data to my Cricut, then my cartridges would not work with my create. I became dead in the water, until a call to Provo Craft. After that call I was able to use the cartridges in my Cricut but not with the design ablility of my Gypsy. They sent me a new cord figuring it was a problem with the cord. NOT so! I was going to a crop at my LSS so I took my Gypsy along. It still works with their Cricut expression but not with my Create.

Provo Craft did connect me with Cricut-Craft room which will allow me to use the same functions as the Gypsy and cut on my machine. I am not sure I will ever try to update again..... as long as it (Create) works I am not going to mess with it. I still love the welding I can do with all the fonts I own.

I bought a Silhouette because of all the problems with Cricuts, now I love them both! Keeping my fingers crossed that they both will continue working!!
I have an Expression that I will not update or connect with CCR. I have SCAL on it and love my SCAL. I have a backup Expression that will never see CCR either. I do have a personal cutter that I use with my Gypsy.

I am looking at the Pazzle since they allow other software and I am not tied to a cartridge.

Has anyone tried the Pazzles yet?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #2700
Proud Fan Club Member

I never did have SCAL, but if I did I would not update either! All I have is CCR and while it might not have been my first choice "It is what it is" and as long as I can work with the last cartridges I will ever purchase, I am happy.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #2701
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessaLynn View Post
My dearest Mama was trying to do me a favor and purchased a new mat for my Expression... unfortunately, she purchased the mat for the Cricut Mini. Even though the mat size isnt recognizable, can I still use it in the Expression? I'm in Germany, so getting a new mat can be a problem (just like re-sticking).

Thanks for your help - love the tips on this forum!
No, it won't work. I am so sorry. The rollers on the machine will make the mat act wonky. A lot of us tried with the 6x6 mats when the Cricut first came out.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #2702
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
Wow! The Create functionality is really all over the map. Check what your build is on the Create - it's build 1.61 that is causing all the problems. The guide (Narelle) said that build went tooooooo far for the Create. After I updated to that build my Gypsy did indeed work - it was the carts that it wouldn't read. Then one woman said her Gypsy worked with that build for about 5 cuts, and then her machine wouldn't recognize neither the Gypsy nor the carts. So, who knows?

My Gypsy works well with my baby bug, and I have ZERO intentions of updating it. So. I am frozen in time.
I have 1.54, I think. I haven't updated my Create in years. I did update my Gypsy. That makes sense about the firmware build going to far. I didn't think of that. I am a little paranoid about cutting with the Create now because everything will break, lol. I can use my carts but it's a hassle with multiple cuts and sizing. I keep thinking the Gypsy will fail since I just updated it. I am not touching CCR. I have one of the Aqua Expressions. CCR almost blew up my E. It still doesn't work right to this day even after I reverted back firmware and fixed the machine. I have the Imagine and that is pretty much useless on CCR. I miss PC when it was simple.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #2703
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
Oh, the real reason I came here tonight was to ask if anyone knows if the svg files designed on the Silhouette can be used and cut with a Cricut though SCAL or Cricut-craft room?
Yes to SCAL if you have the older version of 1 or 2. SCAL 3 does not work with Cricut. SCAL can cut SVG but not Studio files. Studio is Silhouette's file format.

No to CCR. It's only a cartridge base design program. It can't cut any other file format. You can buy digital images through CCR but they only will work on the Cricut.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #2704
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
No, it won't work. I am so sorry. The rollers on the machine will make the mat act wonky. A lot of us tried with the 6x6 mats when the Cricut first came out.
Thanks! Guess I'll put it on ebay, maybe someone over here has a mini
Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #2705
Crimping Master

Question Help! My Gypsy Locked Up

I hope someone here has had this problem and knows how to fix it. I updated my Gypsy and now it's locked up. I had to turn it off using the little hole in the back and when I turn it back on it never gets past the loading screen. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't use CCR and never have. I have an Expression and that's all.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Last edited by Iluvcards; 09-04-2012 at 07:15 AM..
Old 09-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #2706
Crimping Master

Quote:
I don't know if this well help you any but there is a new Cricut book out: Amazon.com: Cricut Expression: A Comprehensive Guide to Creating with Your Machine (9781423623106): Cathie Rigby: Books

I have no reviews of it yet. I have a copy on hold at the library. AboveRubieStudios also has a DVD that is excellent for beginner and expert Cricut users. I got mine at the library too.

Crossing fingers you don't have a defective machine.

You will also get off cuts if your blade is turned the wrong way. Here's a good tutorial: The Card Castle: Installing the Cricut Blade Assembly

Do you see how the blade arrow is pointing right between the arms of the blade holder. Put your blade housing exactly like that. If you just stick the blade in all willy nilly it really messes up your Cricut cuts. All Cricut users have done it one time or another. I have been using the Cricut since it first came out and I did that just recently. I thought my Cricut was broken and almost throttled the machine, lol.

One last thing if your machine is just turning off and on it might be a problem with the Cricut. There could be a loose connection. If you have a friend or family member who knows electronics they can pop your Cricut open and probably find it easily.
I bought this book on Amazon.com and it is well worth the money. It's not only very informative but also has some projects.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #2707
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Yes to SCAL if you have the older version of 1 or 2. SCAL 3 does not work with Cricut. SCAL can cut SVG but not Studio files. Studio is Silhouette's file format.

No to CCR. It's only a cartridge base design program. It can't cut any other file format. You can buy digital images through CCR but they only will work on the Cricut.
Thanks, this information helps.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:56 AM   #2708
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

I just downloaded the Cricut Expressioin book to my Kindle for .99 YES .99 cents!!

sweettttt
Old 09-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #2709
Compulsive Stamper

Default Cricut Power cord not working

Help! My power cord seems to have a short in it. At least that's what I hope it is?! My machine won't start until I giggle the power cord just right. I've tried the rolling the dials 5 times thing, too. Has anyone experienced this? What to do? I'm going to order another power cord hoping that will solve the problem.
Thanks for your input--
plumdiva
Old 09-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #2710
Stampin' Fool

Smile

I'm so glad that you are going to order another power cord. I've known of a couple people that were electrocuted and died, and it was with devices you wouldn't think would be dangerous. Anytime something shocks you even the slightest bit or has a short in it, please replace it. So I am so happy you are being cautious! I think that is very smart on your part!
Hope the replacement works!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #2711
Watercolor Wizard

Sorry to sound so dumb, but what is SCAL???? Thanks for your help!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #2712
Forum Fanatic

SCAL is a third party program that used to work with the cricut, but Provo Craft sued them and other 3rd party program companies so they could not longer be used with it. It dramatically decreased the creative possibilities with the cricut. You can read more about SCAL here: Craft Edge and another is make-the-cut which is here: Make the Cut!™!

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 09-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #2713
Gabfest Goddess

I love Make The Cut (MTC) you can use it to cut stored fonts and from JPG images, which has given me some unique cuts for birthday cards etc.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #2714
Die Cut Diva

SCAL 2 still works with the Cricut, if you haven't updated the firmware on an older machine. I'm not sure about the newer ones.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #2715
Glitter Queen

Does anyone have any updates on the Cricut Imagine? I am having a hard time finding ink cartridges. You can't even order them through Cricut. Has ProvoCraft indeed discontinued this machine? I love my Imagine it just needs new ink and I just purchased a ton of new Imagine carts.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:52 AM   #2716
Rubber Obsessor

SCAL 2 still works on my Cricut Expression & I have been updating the machine periodically.

I called PC customer service last week about a black ink issue I was having. CS told me the HP 97 & 98 refills are the same as the Imagine refills. I purchased the 98 refill at Staples last week & it works perfectly. Same size but just has a different label.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #2717
Glitter Queen

Thank you so much for the ink refill information.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #2718
Rubber Obsessor

If you purchase a cartridge that has been linked to a Gypsy, can you use it in your own Design Studio?

Thanks for any clarification
Old 09-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #2719
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity3333us View Post
If you purchase a cartridge that has been linked to a Gypsy, can you use it in your own Design Studio?

Thanks for any clarification
Yes, you can use it in Design Studio. No problems at all.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #2720
Polyshrink Goddess

Has anyone tried to log into the Cricut site (community) message board today? I was on earlier and now it's mysteriously unavailable.
I know there was a lot of drama on the board last weekend. In fact one of my posts got deleted because I mentioned a "competitors product". A guy had just bought his wife a Cricut and he was fuming mad because he thought he could create and cut his own designs. I suggested he might want to look at the cameo silhouette as that might be more in line with what he wanted..... and pooph! My post was deleted.

But besides that there were several women that were extremely upset because because Provo Craft updates keep killing their machines - particularly the Imagine. And they were NOT happy.

Some company fellow named Nathan came on the board and tried to calm everyone down, but it really didn't have much effect.

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting that now the entire board is down. Could be a fluke, or something more sinister coming from Provo Craft.