In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #2641
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Default

hi ladys i tried to get the book but amazon was soand as i am in australia i dont know were to get it .
annimay123 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #2642
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Default

help does anyone no how to get your own cartridges in exprection 2 in the craft room .i have been trying for hrs .i get up what i want then it wont print out because it doesnt reconise my cartridge .i would appreciate some help thank you .
annimay123 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #2643
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Greeneville, TN
Posts: 15
Default

I am in the process of purchasing a Cricut. Probably Expression. Are there any good buys out ther. What do I need to look for when purchasing?
kshuffler is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #2644
Forum Fanatic
 
gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshuffler View Post
I am in the process of purchasing a Cricut. Probably Expression. Are there any good buys out ther. What do I need to look for when purchasing?
I would look for a silhouette and buy it instead.
__________________
Wash: "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
Jayne: "Da*n straight."


my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
gale is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #2645
Rubber Obsessor
 
wimarinemom2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burlington WI
Posts: 322
Default

cricutmachine.com has a sale going on. They even have bundles with the Expression machine. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything.
__________________
You never know how strong you are until strong is the only choice you have.
wimarinemom2006 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #2646
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshuffler View Post
I am in the process of purchasing a Cricut. Probably Expression. Are there any good buys out ther. What do I need to look for when purchasing?
HSN usually has some very good deals, and you can spread out the payments. I would also check Hallmark Scrapbook. That's where I got mine several years ago, and I bought it for a very good price, with free shipping.
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #2647
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Paul Park, MN
Posts: 149
Default

I also bought mine from Hallmarkscrapbook.com and got free shipping.
Shayshe is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #2648
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,147
Default

I am a very happy camper right now. I spent about an hour unsuccessfully trying to update my firmware so that I could use my Gypsy and Design Studio. It was my error, though, because I was selecting the Original Cricut instead of the Cricut Create. I was updating the Mini Cake machine, which is essentially the Create, but I forgot that. Anyway,once I updated it successfully, I fully expected that my SCAL 2 wouldn't work, but I was wrong! It still works! So does everything else. I don't understand it, but I'm definitely not complaining.

Has this happened to anyone else?
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #2649
Embossing Fanatic
 
Mollyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annimay123 View Post
help does anyone no how to get your own cartridges in exprection 2 in the craft room .i have been trying for hrs .i get up what i want then it wont print out because it doesnt reconise my cartridge .i would appreciate some help thank you .
Hi annimay,
Here the thing... if your cart is linked to the Craftroom aka CCR tha name will be in a darker text compared to the other cartridges listed. If it is not linked, you must insert that cart in your machine in order to cut images. If it is linked, you must have a cartridge, doesn't matter which one, in your machine. Just insert any cricut cart. The carts that come with the machine will automatically appear as linked and be in the darker text.

To have your carts appear in CCR go to the 'options' tab, select 'Craft Room', select 'bookmarks' and check off each cartridge you own or that came with your machine. When finished, hit 'continue' and it will take you back to the main screen. Under 'Filter' select 'bookmarks' and all your carts will be listed. Again, if they are linked to your account via CCR they will appear in the darker text.

Please note if you are creating images using more than one cartridge, and the cartridges are not linked, you will receive a message, and you will need to insert each cartridge until CCR captured all the carts you used. Also, you cannot cut with a cartridge if you don't own it. You can design cards/LO but not cut.

There are a number of video's on youtube and w/in CCR that can help you better understand how CCR works. Once you understand it, it is a terrific tool. Personally, I love it.

BTW, I had many problems with my E2 and after returning it 3 times, requested PC send me the Expression. I have had no problems whatsoever with the Expression and use it everyday.

Hope the above helps and very good luck with your E2. It is a great machine just not my cup tea.
__________________
Best, Mollyz

Last edited by Mollyz; 06-04-2012 at 09:16 PM..
Mollyz is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #2650
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Default freezing cricut

hi has anyone had their cricut expression screen freeze on them .if so what to do about it . this would be a wonder machine if it worked constantly. hope sumone can help .
annimay123 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #2651
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Default

thank you mollyz for your reply will try that later .
annimay123 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #2652
Crimping Master
 
Iluvcards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SW Ohio 45371
Posts: 1,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annimay123 View Post
hi has anyone had their cricut expression screen freeze on them .if so what to do about it . this would be a wonder machine if it worked constantly. hope sumone can help .
Whenever that happens to me I turn the machine off and then back on again and start over. Hope this helps.
__________________
http:www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=37753

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Iluvcards is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #2653
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Default freezing cricut

thank you for replying .no that didnt work i only wish it had .i am taking it back to were i brought it .it is my second one so i am not thinking much about this machine .
annimay123 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #2654
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Default

ok
annimay123 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #2655
Crimping Master
 
Iluvcards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SW Ohio 45371
Posts: 1,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annimay123 View Post
thank you for replying .no that didnt work i only wish it had .i am taking it back to were i brought it .it is my second one so i am not thinking much about this machine .
When I had a problem with my first machine I called the company and they replaced it. They sent me a new machine with a return shipping label and I just replaced the new with mine, applied the label, took it to UPS and that took care of it. I didn't even have to pay for the shipping. Good luck, I hope you get yours taken care of. I love my Cricut.
__________________
http:www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=37753

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Iluvcards is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #2656
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Default molly /cricut

hello molly thank you for answering me . i have been given a phone number from the place i brought it, and have found out it is called print blocks in queensland ,so i got in touch with them i friday but i am still waiting for a phone call back . it is so frustrating to have these problems .i just pray they will help me as i am apensioner and $6oo .is a lot for something that doesnt work .
so this is my frightful winch for the day .annimay.
annimay123 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #2657
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Smile cricut

hi does any one wth cricut expression an 2 have trouble using it on the computer ,with the cord that you got with it . my internet keeps going off .
i have found were there is an adapter for this machine but is only out in america . i would like someones knowledge on this .thank you .
annimay123 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 AM   #2658
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,727
Default

annimay- Have you been over to the Cricut MB? This is the forum for the E2: Expression 2 Machine [2001186] - Cricut Forums

Narelle & Mercy are the Bug Guides for that forum. They are both from Australia. I know you wrote in an earlier thread you were from Queensland New Zealand. The Australian & New Zealand Cricut vendors are usually linked together. Mercy & Narelle are really sweet and they would help you. Don't be shy about posting over there.

The problems you are writing about are definitely a power issue. I want to help but I am in the States so I would just mess you up more. I thought of Narelle & Mercy since they are in that area and are the top Cricut experts for that area. There are a couple other New Zealand girls over at the Cricut MB who might be able to help too.

I hope that helps.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #2659
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Default

hi mad swapper i have tried and tried to get into cricut site but it wont accept me even with the password they send me it just doesnt accept me .i did get my machine upgraded i had to take it to my daughters place to use her internet as my machine will not accept it when i put the cord in which i received with cricut it cuts my internet out ,we cannot get the adapter in australia yet .i was thinking if that is the problem i would try to get on a site in america and have one sent over. but i am not sure that that is what is needed .
annimay123 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #2660
Pearl-ExPert
 
jan31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: southern spain
Posts: 2,240
Default

Sorry I can't help with your problem but before you order anything electrical from America be sure that it will work in Australia , here in Europe and England we can't use anything electrical bought in the states without a two way plug adapter, hope I'm making sense, didn't want you to waste money if it wouldn't work.
__________________
Jan
Christmas card challenge
S2S 2014 -115.00
jan31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #2661
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,059
Default

I have the Cricut Design studio. I have not used it in a long time. I worked for an hour preparing "McQueen" from Disney Cars to cut in a folded card. I went to cut it on my Expression and it wants to do a update. So I either update it and lose the ability to use Sure Cuts Alot (SCAL)or dont update and I wasted my money on Cricut Design Studio.

Am I understanding that correctly? I just love Sure Cuts Alot but I have so many Cricut cartridges. And Cricut Design Studio is not user friendly or have the feature that SCAL does.

Bonnie
Stampnf1n is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #2662
Forum Fanatic
 
gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,477
Default

I think that's pretty much the way it is. Cricut will do pretty much anything to keep you from using your own creativity with their precious machines. So you have to choose, CDS or SCAL.
__________________
Wash: "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
Jayne: "Da*n straight."


my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
gale is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #2663
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,727
Default

I know a lot of people are using SCAL with CDS. I am using MTC with my little Cricut Create. I have recently updated my Create & Gypsy with no problems or blocking. I hope that helps some.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #2664
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,147
Default

As long as you don't update the Firmware, you will still be able to use SCAL. Updating for just the cartridges won't block it. Is it telling you that you have to update to get the Cars cartridge into Design Studio, or is it telling you to update your Firmware?
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #2665
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
As long as you don't update the Firmware, you will still be able to use SCAL. Updating for just the cartridges won't block it. Is it telling you that you have to update to get the Cars cartridge into Design Studio, or is it telling you to update your Firmware?
I updated the cartridges to get the Disney Pixar Cars cartridge in Design Studio. When I went to actually cut the design I created in Design Studio it said I needed to upgrade something so I panicked and shut everything off.

I use SCAL so much on my own designs I wont be able to live without.

I even thought about purchasing a used/reconditioned Cricut for the Design Studio. But I dont have the room so I am not doing that yet.

Why cant Provo Craft just play nice?!!

Bonnie
Stampnf1n is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:03 AM   #2666
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,727
Default

I don't even know why DS is telling you to upgrade. PC hasn't updated Design Studio for a couple of years now. They are slowly getting rid of it for Cricut Craft Room. You can't even buy it any more. Only PC would cause stress like that.

Is it asking for a Firmware update? Do you know which build your Cricut is on. Is it telling you that you need to update so you can cut with the Cars cartridge. You might not have that Font Pack in Design Studio. Font Packs will not hamper your ability to cut with MTC. The Font Packs are essentially a database file.

I did some research for you. Design Studio is not updating Firmware any more. It's updating through Cricut Craft Room. If that update is asking you to upgrade your Cricut it's probably safe. Don't update using CCR because that's the iffy one.

If you turn on your Cricut it will say Firmware with a set of numbers like 2.35. I can check to see if that firmware is safe with MTC.

I found something else. These are the Cricut Firmware numbers that do work with MTC:

Cricut Personal Cutter 1.34
Cricut Expression 2.34 (or 2.35 on a colored E --DON'T update it!)
Cricut Create 3.4

My Cricut Create is at 3.4 and I can still use MTC.

Hope that helps.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #2667
Pearl-ExPert
 
jan31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: southern spain
Posts: 2,240
Default

Hi DeeAnn,
Just catching up with this thread and read your message, thanks for all the info, I havent used design studio for ages, and I'm not sure when I last updated my cricut but it was ages ago and I would be very scared to update now as I use scal all the time, I would never buy another cricut because of all the problems even though I love it and use it all the time, sad isn't it.
__________________
Jan
Christmas card challenge
S2S 2014 -115.00
jan31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #2668
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I don't even know why DS is telling you to upgrade. PC hasn't updated Design Studio for a couple of years now. They are slowly getting rid of it for Cricut Craft Room. You can't even buy it any more. Only PC would cause stress like that.

Is it asking for a Firmware update? Do you know which build your Cricut is on. Is it telling you that you need to update so you can cut with the Cars cartridge. You might not have that Font Pack in Design Studio. Font Packs will not hamper your ability to cut with MTC. The Font Packs are essentially a database file.

I did some research for you. Design Studio is not updating Firmware any more. It's updating through Cricut Craft Room. If that update is asking you to upgrade your Cricut it's probably safe. Don't update using CCR because that's the iffy one.

If you turn on your Cricut it will say Firmware with a set of numbers like 2.35. I can check to see if that firmware is safe with MTC.

I found something else. These are the Cricut Firmware numbers that do work with MTC:

Cricut Personal Cutter 1.34
Cricut Expression 2.34 (or 2.35 on a colored E --DON'T update it!)
Cricut Create 3.4

My Cricut Create is at 3.4 and I can still use MTC.

Hope that helps.
My Cricut comes up with V2.31. And it says my machine needs a firmware update.

Thanks for all the help.

Bonnie
Attached Thumbnails
cricut.jpg  
Stampnf1n is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:35 AM   #2669
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,727
Default

Your welcome Jan.

Stampnf1n- I looked up some things for you. Apparently you can update your Firmware with Design Studio and it will go only up to Firmware 2.34. That's where the firmware updates stop with Design Studio. If you update through Cricut Craft Room you might get a block from MTC but several have updated and are using MTC/CCR/DS just fine.

I am reading the MTC forums about this. I keep hoping one of the MTC posters sees this. I don't post over there. I only lurk occasionally to find an answer for one of my cutters.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #2670
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 814
Default

I am so NOT computer-savvy.
I have a Cricut and Gypsy I got for xmas and haven't used yet. I am intimidated!
What is Design studio?
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
Website (under construction): http://www.inspiredbliss.ca/
DianeCraft is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #2671
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,727
Default

Design Studio is an old program for the Cricut. It's exactly like the Gypsy but used on your computer. It came before the Gypsy. ProvoCraft no longer makes it or really supports it. The new software is Cricut Craft Room. It's free to use. Design Studio was not free if you wanted to cut with the cartridges you owned. There are bugs in Cricut Craft room. Some users love it, other hate it. I don't care for it but I do use it too look up designs when I am thinking of buying a cartridge. I mainly use my Gypsy for designing.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #2672
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Does anyone here use the CCR and have had problems with it? I uploaded it and had no problems for a few weeks now it won't let me log on, I wrote cricut.com and they told me they're working on a fix, but who knows how long that'll be, I want it now, I don't have a qyspy, has anyone else had a problem they were able to fix and how?
I have DS but can't get it to work eighter, a friend gave it to me, and I went through all the updates, and everything, even called them and they finally gave me a key but I just can't get it to activate, it's almost like somethings blocking it,
at this point I'm getting pretty frustrated with my cricut, too bad I was stupid enough to update my firmware, I might be able to set up SCAL, but I really want a program that'll help me weld and play with my cartridges. Stupid bugs on CCR I really loved that program,
Karee Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #2673
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karee Sue View Post
Does anyone here use the CCR and have had problems with it? I uploaded it and had no problems for a few weeks now it won't let me log on, I wrote cricut.com and they told me they're working on a fix, but who knows how long that'll be, I want it now, I don't have a qyspy, has anyone else had a problem they were able to fix and how?
I have DS but can't get it to work eighter, a friend gave it to me, and I went through all the updates, and everything, even called them and they finally gave me a key but I just can't get it to activate, it's almost like somethings blocking it,
at this point I'm getting pretty frustrated with my cricut, too bad I was stupid enough to update my firmware, I might be able to set up SCAL, but I really want a program that'll help me weld and play with my cartridges. Stupid bugs on CCR I really loved that program,
I heard CCR is locking out people. I used CCR with my Imagine. With the Imagine it's like a lottery. It either prints & cuts, only prints or only cuts. It's just different every single time. As a geek I know what the problem is but PC believes most of their customer base is simple minded and lacks intelligence. I really believe this at times. I am a long time Cricut user with a lot of experience. Love the designs on the carts. Love what the machine was really made to do. Don't love the developers. Simple computer code should be a basic when you get a job at a company that provides tech products. Mini rant over, lol. I am not surprised users are locked out of CCR.

Last I heard E2 users can not use CCR or Gypsy at all with their machines.

When you tried to apply the code to Design Studio was your anti-virus and firewall turned off? A lot of times those two programs will block you when your trying to apply a license code. It happens in many of the products on the market and not just Design Studio. If that doesn't work then it's probably on PC's side and you should have one of their tech support stay on the line with you until your DS is fully operational. This should have been done in the first place. Somebody didn't do their job in helping you.

Well, I sound like a flaming grump this morning, ROFL! I am not. I have been sick with that tummy virus going around and running a high fever in a heat wave.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #2674
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I heard CCR is locking out people. I used CCR with my Imagine. With the Imagine it's like a lottery. It either prints & cuts, only prints or only cuts. It's just different every single time. As a geek I know what the problem is but PC believes most of their customer base is simple minded and lacks intelligence. I really believe this at times. I am a long time Cricut user with a lot of experience. Love the designs on the carts. Love what the machine was really made to do. Don't love the developers. Simple computer code should be a basic when you get a job at a company that provides tech products. Mini rant over, lol. I am not surprised users are locked out of CCR.

Last I heard E2 users can not use CCR or Gypsy at all with their machines.

When you tried to apply the code to Design Studio was your anti-virus and firewall turned off? A lot of times those two programs will block you when your trying to apply a license code. It happens in many of the products on the market and not just Design Studio. If that doesn't work then it's probably on PC's side and you should have one of their tech support stay on the line with you until your DS is fully operational. This should have been done in the first place. Somebody didn't do their job in helping you.

Well, I sound like a flaming grump this morning, ROFL! I am not. I have been sick with that tummy virus going around and running a high fever in a heat wave.
I'm starting to agree with you, I'm not very computer smart, but not stupid eigher, I know when something wrong or shouldn't be that way, duh.

Ya I did shut off both my virus scanner and firewall when trying to install both programs, I've pretty much given up on the DS, but am still trying to get CCR to work, I like it better than DS anyway, more features,
the message board on cricut.com is pretty helpful, last night someone had info of how to delete a file called Abode Air Eula on your computer and the program replaces it, and that should work, but it didn't work for me, do you know anything about that? maybe I'll have to get administer rights or something.
Karee Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #2675
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,727
Default

There was a bad storm in my area today and it knocked out the power for several hours in 100 degree heat. I am running a high fever on top of it. Getting better though. To say the least I am not putting two and two together very well. If I am at all confusing please don't be afraid to let me know. I will fix it.

Is your Adobe Air a new copy? If it's not you can download Adobe Zapper to remove all traces of Adobe Air. You can also rollback your computer to a time before you install Adobe Air and try the installation again.

------------

If your installation is new do the following-

Do this key combination- Windows + R. The Windows key is the one shaped like windows. A lot of users when they see a key combination with the + sign they hit the plus sign too. It's an easy mistake to make. Don't do that. Just click the windows key and R together. Your trying to get to your Run box command.

You can also get to Run command by going to start and clicking on the run menu. Windows usually likes to hide this box because it's for experienced users (in Windows mind) so if the box is not there don't worry about it. Just do the key combination instead.

In the Run box copy & past this %appdata%

This will open a folder and you should see Adobe. Open the Adobe folder and find the Air folder.

Right click the eulaAccepted file and select Properties.

Choose General tab uncheck Read Only. You might need administrator rights for this. After unchecking click apply.

Choose Security Tab. Look for your name. Look to see if there is a checkmark next to Full Control.

After your done with the above you can click and delete the file. If it does not delete try in administrator.

Once it's deleted open Cricut Craft Room again and the Eula should rebuild itself.

----------

If this does not work try installing the Desktop Version. If you already had the Desktop Version try opening the Web Version.

I just logged into CCR. I got in fine. It's a bit slow though. I don't have a Cricut machine hooked up to my computer. I hope that helps.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #2676
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

thanks ever so much lylacfey for your reply
I did all the steps you described, even deleted the file and tried again, but it didn't work, what I'm wondering about is when I reach the read only option, it is already unchecked, and I don't have a security tab, I'm wondering if that is because my computer is hooked up to a network which is under a community administer, now I'm wondering If I might just have to get permission to gain full access to Adobe Air,
but what I will try is download the Abode Zapper and try and reinstall the program, I haven't tried that yet, as well as the desktop CCR, even though I've done that a number of times,
Karee Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #2677
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,727
Default

This has worked for me a few times. I will check the Read Only option. Click apply. Exit the program, restart my computer. Go back and uncheck the Read Only box. It seems to be a Windows bug at times.

If you are on a Network you will probably have to log on as the Administrator for that Network and then try deleting Adobe Air for All Users. That is very important. Make sure you delete For All Users and not just in Administrator.

Do try Adobe Zapper. Make sure you restart your computer even if it doesn't ask you too. Adobe loves to hang on with all their programs they make. One of the famed Adobe quirks in the computer nerd world.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #2678
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Thanks for all your help, nothing seems to help,
cricut.com wrote me back today to call them and they'll try to figure out the problem over the phone, but it'll prob take me a while to work up the nerve. lol
I wanna first talk to my brother about trying that Adobe Air file thing on the administer board, if that won't work guess I'll just have to wait till it decides to work again on it's own,
same thing happened to me with my Silhouette program, all of a sudden I just couldn't download the free files, for almost a year, I kept bugging the administer, kept calling their help line, tried everything possible, just nothing I did or tried worked, than one day just out of the blue it started working again, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that'll happen here too.
Karee Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #2679
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Default

there are squares on the george cart


Eddieenn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #2680
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karee Sue View Post
Thanks for all your help, nothing seems to help,
cricut.com wrote me back today to call them and they'll try to figure out the problem over the phone, but it'll prob take me a while to work up the nerve. lol
I wanna first talk to my brother about trying that Adobe Air file thing on the administer board, if that won't work guess I'll just have to wait till it decides to work again on it's own,
same thing happened to me with my Silhouette program, all of a sudden I just couldn't download the free files, for almost a year, I kept bugging the administer, kept calling their help line, tried everything possible, just nothing I did or tried worked, than one day just out of the blue it started working again, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that'll happen here too.
I have a Silhouette too. The Silhouette program can be very nitpicky on a Network. So between CCR and your past problems with the Silhouette I am betting you are having a Network error. It's probably an easy fix once the administrator can get in there. Don't lose hope.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off