Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #2641
Glitter Queen

Smile help .

has anyone got the cricut expression 2 annaversary .i have just got mine .
i have joinned the internet programme .it only lets me use the one they pick it wont even reconize mine when i put it in . hope you can advece me .thank you .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #2642
Glitter Queen

not sure were my question goes to i was in cricut chirp first then it went to stamps .
annimay .
Old 04-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #2643
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by annimay123 View Post
not sure were my question goes to i was in cricut chirp first then it went to stamps .
annimay .
Try going to cricut.com and then go to community. I just have the cricut expression, but there maybe others there that could help with the expression 2.

Good Luck
Old 04-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #2644
Polyshrink Goddess

Default cord to connect Expression to computer?

Does anyone know where I can buy a cord to connect my Expression to my computer? I can't find mine anywhere. Never have used it, so I don't even know what it looks like!!!

My motto for life: "Less is More"
Old 04-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #2645
Embossing Fanatic

Default Cricut Cord for PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndie View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy a cord to connect my Expression to my computer? I can't find mine anywhere. Never have used it, so I don't even know what it looks like!!!
The cord is a long 'white' USB cord with a cricut on one end.
It's my understanding you can use any printer USB cord or just buy a USB cord. Just make sure it is long enough to connect computer & machine. You probably know this already, none of the Cricut machines need to be connected to a computer to work you just insert your cartridges, set your dials accordingly & cut. If you plan on using CCR to design & cut your images, then you need the USB cord to hook up your machine to your computer. If you go to cricut.com, community you can ask a question, or do a search for 'cord' and all messages for 'cord' will come up.

HTH
MollyZ

Last edited by Mollyz; 04-29-2012 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: added information
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #2646
Glitter Queen

hi molly can you please tell me what you put your settings on to use cricut i am still having trouble getting the cutter to cut through the paper thank you annimay .
Old 04-30-2012, 03:04 AM   #2647
Embossing Fanatic

Default Cricut Cord for PC

Quote:
hi molly can you please tell me what you put your settings on to use cricut i am still having trouble getting the cutter to cut through the paper thank you annimay .
Hi annimay,

It all depends on the paper and the image. My Cricut is always set to use '3' across the board; that is, Pressure 3, Speed 3, Blade set at 3. Attached is list from Cricut on the different settings for paper types. Also, make sure the 'dot' on your blade is facing you. It is very important that this dot on the blade is pointing to you.

HTH
Mollyz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ConsummablesTipsTricks.pdf (2.45 MB, 35 views)
Old 04-30-2012, 03:11 AM   #2648
Embossing Fanatic

Default Expression 2

Quote:
has anyone got the cricut expression 2 annaversary .i have just got mine .
i have joinned the internet programme .it only lets me use the one they pick it wont even reconize mine when i put it in . hope you can advece me .thank you .
Hello again,
I strongly suggest you watch the video's on YouTube to get a feel of how the E2 works. There are many ways to use the functions on this machine and IMHO there is a learning curve. That is why I prefer the original Expression. Go to YT, type in: cricut expression 2 anniversay. The video's will explain all the machine functions and are helpful.

HTH
Mollyz
Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #2649
Glitter Queen

hi i have just used my cricut to the internet but it blows my net out can someone help me has to why it does this , thank you .
Old 05-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #2650
Glitter Queen

Heart success

hi just thought i would let you know i have had success in cutting some things today at last . i have worked out how to do 1' things instead of lg things so all i need now is to be able to get my cricut to work on my computer .also to get crafy room to accept my password .every time i try they say wrong !!!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #2651
Inking Addict

I have been trying to update a brand new Gypsy and have had no success. Like the above poster, I cannot log in Cricut because of this password issue. Don't understand why the company doesn't fix this! And their phone service stinks too! I love my Expression 2 and it works fine but thank goodness I have 90 days to return the Gypsy. Provo Craft is really dropping the ball here.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 AM   #2652
Embossing Fanatic

Hi All!
I am so frustrated! I try and try to use my Cricut but their is always something!!! I will see a new cart and think wow, this one is awesome! I buy it, only to be disappointed again! Always something...either the mat isn't sticky enough...or too sticky. The cs shreds or tears...or doesn't cut all the way down into the fine areas. Sometimes the machine will stop cutting and then just stop...for what reason I don't know. At that point I have to turn the machine off and then back on again, leaving me with less paper than I started with. I love the idea of the Cricut but at least when I use my Spellbinders or my Cuttlebug dies I know what I will be getting. Why is it that it's always a surprise when my Cricut actually does what it is supposed to do? What am I doing wrong?
Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #2653
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrag4037 View Post
Hi All!
I am so frustrated! I try and try to use my Cricut but their is always something!!! I will see a new cart and think wow, this one is awesome! I buy it, only to be disappointed again! Always something...either the mat isn't sticky enough...or too sticky. The cs shreds or tears...or doesn't cut all the way down into the fine areas. Sometimes the machine will stop cutting and then just stop...for what reason I don't know. At that point I have to turn the machine off and then back on again, leaving me with less paper than I started with. I love the idea of the Cricut but at least when I use my Spellbinders or my Cuttlebug dies I know what I will be getting. Why is it that it's always a surprise when my Cricut actually does what it is supposed to do? What am I doing wrong?
That's why I love my BS and my Cricut sits in the closet unloved.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #2654
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogzruleca View Post
That's why I love my BS and my Cricut sits in the closet unloved.
I don't have the same problems but I agree I am never confident that I will get what I want with my cricut.
I look at other's work and it's always crisp and professional looking. Mine more often than not isn't cut all the way through on one part or it rips the paper a little....
I think if I had the problems you have I would pitch the thing out the window!
Sorry I can't help but sometimes knowing it's not just you helps a little.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #2655
Die Cut Diva

Neither do I have the same problems and I do love my cricut but feel sorry when I read that someone doesn't like theirs, I do have scal thank goodness as I just couldn't afford to buy all those carts.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #2656
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks to all of you that replied...it's just so frustrating! My scrappy bff is all the time calling me about a great cart she's found on ebay and how much she loves it... so, I buy one and sure enough, it won't work well for me!! I had seen the new Flower Shop cartridge and thought it would be so awesome but I know just as sure as I get it that it won't work for me! lolol!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #2657
Die Cut Diva

Do you have design studio? I only have the trial version but it does mean you can change the sizes of the shapes and perhaps do more with the carts
Old 05-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #2658
Rubber Obsessor

Have you used your friends Cricut to make sure it's not operator error? If hers works fine for you maybe you got a bad machine???? Is it still under warranty?
Old 05-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #2659
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrag4037 View Post
Thanks to all of you that replied...it's just so frustrating! My scrappy bff is all the time calling me about a great cart she's found on ebay and how much she loves it... so, I buy one and sure enough, it won't work well for me!! I had seen the new Flower Shop cartridge and thought it would be so awesome but I know just as sure as I get it that it won't work for me! lolol!

Have your friend come over and y'all play with yours. It could be the settings youare using, or the sizes for a certain pattern that isn't working.

Also, check out the cricut forum.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #2660
Embossing Fanatic

Y'know...that is an awesome idea!!! I will get her over here and have her show me her tricks! She uses hers all the time! I have had this machine quite awhile so it's not under warranty and if I could figure out everything I would love to get a new one. As it is, their is no way I would~ Thanks for the feedback~
Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #2661
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi!
I am sorry you are frustrated. I have a dear friend who gets frustrated with her Cricut. I don't know about your situation, but my friend does not have a lot of patience nor does she set aside time to actually learn how to use the machine.

When I teach my "How to use your Cricut" Class. I basically walk through every button on the machine, and the handbook is my guide. I'd suggest you'd start with that, then you understand how and what each button does.

For example, portrait versus landscape (all that means is how the images are cut on the mat)

Fit to page, fit to length, not the same but great results.

One of the biggest problems I found that beginners have is that they misunderstand the height of images. Take a border cut. Say the cut has 4 scallops. (You can see the cut in the handbook). If you were to stretch it to 12" to make a border it's like 3" from the straight edge to the scallop and still only 4 scallops. Welding images together is what gives you a 12" border, and many scallops.

Stuff like that

When I first got my Cricut I loaded it with George and Basic Shapes (came with the machine) and some not so great scrap paper (color and design wise, not so great) and I just spent a few hours doing practice cuts. Figuring out size, width, etc.

There are also a bunch of videos on You-Tube that show the basics of all the machines, they are a lot of help. Just do a search and you'll get lots of tips and tricks.

I've taught this class to my friends and they love it, but then their machines sit for months and they forget the steps. I understand, I have to re-teach myself sometimes too.

As for perfect cuts, I don't always get them. I used to make lots of sample cuts, just to be sure before cutting with good paper. Also, there is a free program called Cricut Craft Room that works on the computer and it allows you to do welding, cutting, shaping, moving around the mat and so much more. There are videos. I use both CCR and the portable device called "Gypsy" and this has saved on wasted time and cuts. I can see what I'm going to cut before I push the button and hope 3" is what I really want.

The mats getting unsticky, happens all the time. I keep a roll of painters tape, the blue stuff, and I tape my paper down all the time, mostly smaller pieces, so they don't shift as the mat flexes in and out of the machine. That and a good blade and you should have great cuts.

There's an app available, but also a computer download from "Above Rubies Studio" and she has this huge, magnificent list of paper by brand and type and blade, speed, pressure setting suggestions for the best cuts possible. Very helpful

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ladybugstamper2; 05-07-2012 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: Added more information
Old 05-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #2662
Cardstock Collector

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're not having the success your friend is. I have discovered paper quality matters. Some papers (like the Michael's inexpensive Soloid Recollections packs) just don't cut as well as others. If a paper is too soft, thin, or has too much cotton in it, I do nothing but struggle. With good quality papers, I rarely have an issue with.

Having her walk you through is a terrific idea. If you discover some of your issues are machine related, don't worry that it's out of warranty. Call the Cricut support line, talk to them about your issues, they may have a fix for you. Or better yet, help you with your defective machine. Both my mom and I have machines. She was having issues cutting that I wasn't I kept telling her she didn't need to cut everyting 2Xs to cut through, but her machine needed it. Finally after 2 years of this, she called Cricut. They tried several fixes with her over the phone. Finally they determined it was a bad blade housing and sent her a new one, for free.

On the matt front. If you have some of the newer matts and they're not sticking. Call Cricut. They were having issues with the first generation of these. Mom called to ask (we could only get the lightest weight of papers to hold). what was the issue, and they sent her replacements.

In short, don't give up yet. I'm sure your friend has all sorts of easy tips and tricks that will help you out. Hit the web (youTube, Above Ruby's etc). Before you send your machine packing.

Good Cutting!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #2663
Die Cut Diva

I don't know if this well help you any but there is a new Cricut book out: Amazon.com: Cricut Expression: A Comprehensive Guide to Creating with Your Machine (9781423623106): Cathie Rigby: Books

I have no reviews of it yet. I have a copy on hold at the library. AboveRubieStudios also has a DVD that is excellent for beginner and expert Cricut users. I got mine at the library too.

Crossing fingers you don't have a defective machine.

You will also get off cuts if your blade is turned the wrong way. Here's a good tutorial: The Card Castle: Installing the Cricut Blade Assembly

Do you see how the blade arrow is pointing right between the arms of the blade holder. Put your blade housing exactly like that. If you just stick the blade in all willy nilly it really messes up your Cricut cuts. All Cricut users have done it one time or another. I have been using the Cricut since it first came out and I did that just recently. I thought my Cricut was broken and almost throttled the machine, lol.

One last thing if your machine is just turning off and on it might be a problem with the Cricut. There could be a loose connection. If you have a friend or family member who knows electronics they can pop your Cricut open and probably find it easily.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 05-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #2664
Glitter Queen

hi ladys i tried to get the book but amazon was soand as i am in australia i dont know were to get it .
Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #2665
Glitter Queen

help does anyone no how to get your own cartridges in exprection 2 in the craft room .i have been trying for hrs .i get up what i want then it wont print out because it doesnt reconise my cartridge .i would appreciate some help thank you .
Old 05-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #2666
Glitter Queen

I am in the process of purchasing a Cricut. Probably Expression. Are there any good buys out ther. What do I need to look for when purchasing?
Old 05-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #2667
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshuffler View Post
I am in the process of purchasing a Cricut. Probably Expression. Are there any good buys out ther. What do I need to look for when purchasing?
I would look for a silhouette and buy it instead.

my blog -- my recipes
Old 05-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #2668
Matboard Maniac

cricutmachine.com has a sale going on. They even have bundles with the Expression machine. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #2669
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshuffler View Post
HSN usually has some very good deals, and you can spread out the payments. I would also check Hallmark Scrapbook. That's where I got mine several years ago, and I bought it for a very good price, with free shipping.

Jeanette
Old 05-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #2670
Rubber Obsessor

I also bought mine from Hallmarkscrapbook.com and got free shipping.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #2671
Die Cut Diva

I am a very happy camper right now. I spent about an hour unsuccessfully trying to update my firmware so that I could use my Gypsy and Design Studio. It was my error, though, because I was selecting the Original Cricut instead of the Cricut Create. I was updating the Mini Cake machine, which is essentially the Create, but I forgot that. Anyway,once I updated it successfully, I fully expected that my SCAL 2 wouldn't work, but I was wrong! It still works! So does everything else. I don't understand it, but I'm definitely not complaining.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Jeanette
Old 06-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #2672
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
help does anyone no how to get your own cartridges in exprection 2 in the craft room .i have been trying for hrs .i get up what i want then it wont print out because it doesnt reconise my cartridge .i would appreciate some help thank you .
Hi annimay,
Here the thing... if your cart is linked to the Craftroom aka CCR tha name will be in a darker text compared to the other cartridges listed. If it is not linked, you must insert that cart in your machine in order to cut images. If it is linked, you must have a cartridge, doesn't matter which one, in your machine. Just insert any cricut cart. The carts that come with the machine will automatically appear as linked and be in the darker text.

To have your carts appear in CCR go to the 'options' tab, select 'Craft Room', select 'bookmarks' and check off each cartridge you own or that came with your machine. When finished, hit 'continue' and it will take you back to the main screen. Under 'Filter' select 'bookmarks' and all your carts will be listed. Again, if they are linked to your account via CCR they will appear in the darker text.

Please note if you are creating images using more than one cartridge, and the cartridges are not linked, you will receive a message, and you will need to insert each cartridge until CCR captured all the carts you used. Also, you cannot cut with a cartridge if you don't own it. You can design cards/LO but not cut.

There are a number of video's on youtube and w/in CCR that can help you better understand how CCR works. Once you understand it, it is a terrific tool. Personally, I love it.

BTW, I had many problems with my E2 and after returning it 3 times, requested PC send me the Expression. I have had no problems whatsoever with the Expression and use it everyday.

Hope the above helps and very good luck with your E2. It is a great machine just not my cup tea.

Last edited by Mollyz; 06-04-2012 at 09:16 PM..
Old 06-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #2673
Glitter Queen

Default freezing cricut

hi has anyone had their cricut expression screen freeze on them .if so what to do about it . this would be a wonder machine if it worked constantly. hope sumone can help .
Old 06-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #2674
Glitter Queen

thank you mollyz for your reply will try that later .
Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #2675
Crimping Master

Quote:
hi has anyone had their cricut expression screen freeze on them .if so what to do about it . this would be a wonder machine if it worked constantly. hope sumone can help .
Whenever that happens to me I turn the machine off and then back on again and start over. Hope this helps.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #2676
Glitter Queen

Default freezing cricut

thank you for replying .no that didnt work i only wish it had .i am taking it back to were i brought it .it is my second one so i am not thinking much about this machine .
Old 06-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #2677
Glitter Queen

ok
Old 06-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #2678
Crimping Master

Quote:
thank you for replying .no that didnt work i only wish it had .i am taking it back to were i brought it .it is my second one so i am not thinking much about this machine .
When I had a problem with my first machine I called the company and they replaced it. They sent me a new machine with a return shipping label and I just replaced the new with mine, applied the label, took it to UPS and that took care of it. I didn't even have to pay for the shipping. Good luck, I hope you get yours taken care of. I love my Cricut.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #2679
Glitter Queen

Default molly /cricut

hello molly thank you for answering me . i have been given a phone number from the place i brought it, and have found out it is called print blocks in queensland ,so i got in touch with them i friday but i am still waiting for a phone call back . it is so frustrating to have these problems .i just pray they will help me as i am apensioner and $6oo .is a lot for something that doesnt work .
so this is my frightful winch for the day .annimay.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #2680
Glitter Queen

Smile cricut

hi does any one wth cricut expression an 2 have trouble using it on the computer ,with the cord that you got with it . my internet keeps going off .
i have found were there is an adapter for this machine but is only out in america . i would like someones knowledge on this .thank you .