In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #2241
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 122
Default

HidinInMyCraftRoom - I am in Chandler Arizona and love it. Originally from Nebraska where it is COLD so I don't mind the heat!!!!!
katzkreationz az is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #2242
Gallery Gazer
 
Hiding in My Craft Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere under all these scraps!
Posts: 6,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzkreationz az View Post
HidinInMyCraftRoom - I am in Chandler Arizona and love it. Originally from Nebraska where it is COLD so I don't mind the heat!!!!!
We moved here from hot sticky Panama City, Florida and don't miss the humidy and don't really mind the heat either. I do miss trees and grass but the mountains make up for that!
__________________
Laurie
My Gallery
My Blog: Hiding in My Craft Room
Hiding in My Craft Room is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #2243
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9
Default

I am hoping I am in the right place for this and that someone out here can help me. I need to make a 3D castle using Once Upon a princess, but, I am not sure of what the size ratios are for the different pieces. I can get the walls the same height- but then what of the corners and the towers...how do I adjust for that so it all fits together? I have a gypsy and an expression.
bemax is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #2244
Gallery Gazer
 
Chinook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 6,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemax View Post
I am hoping I am in the right place for this and that someone out here can help me. I need to make a 3D castle using Once Upon a princess, but, I am not sure of what the size ratios are for the different pieces. I can get the walls the same height- but then what of the corners and the towers...how do I adjust for that so it all fits together? I have a gypsy and an expression.
I would think as long as you DON'T have REAL SIZE selected, the pieces are all made to work together. So if you select the first piece of the castle - say a wall - to be 7" high, then import the other pieces in at 7" and they should work perfectly.

Try doing two test cuts on plain card stock -- a wall and a pennant or tower and you will see how it should work.

Hope this helps!
__________________
Cheers, Karen
My Gallery
My Blog
Chinook is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #2245
Gallery Gazer
 
Hiding in My Craft Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere under all these scraps!
Posts: 6,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemax View Post
I am hoping I am in the right place for this and that someone out here can help me. I need to make a 3D castle using Once Upon a princess, but, I am not sure of what the size ratios are for the different pieces. I can get the walls the same height- but then what of the corners and the towers...how do I adjust for that so it all fits together? I have a gypsy and an expression.
I agree with Karen! Be sure that you are NOT using real dial size. However with the Gypsy it's a little different. Once you set the size make sure you don't accidently resize when you drag and place images on the screen.
__________________
Laurie
My Gallery
My Blog: Hiding in My Craft Room
Hiding in My Craft Room is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #2246
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Default Help with Image details on cricut expression

Does anyone have any hints on cutting the details for images (e.g., Spongebob) when the feature you select has you cut items of a different color in the same cut?
conniedln is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:16 AM   #2247
Glitter Guru
 
gramak8e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 5,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybugandi45 View Post
Hi
I'm betting that there is already an answer to this question buried in the 58 pages of this thread but Im hoping maybe something has changed. I have the Expression. Have had it for 5 years maybe but just recently started using it a lot. The issue I have is not really with the Cricut but with the paper. I use Stampin Up and the whisper white is terrible for cutting. It just shreds. Drives me crazy....is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have an idea why this happens? Should I give up and try another brand? If so, can you please recommend another brand?
I emailed SU! Looking for an answer and all I got was 'we will look into this but you wont hear back from us.....just understand that we are discussing this issue'....argh
Hi Laurie! I had that problem with SU paper as well. Try reducing your pressure and blade and use the multi-cut feature...worked for me!
__________________
Kate
Enjoy the simple things in life!
gramak8e is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:18 AM   #2248
Glitter Guru
 
gramak8e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 5,426
Default

Has anyone heard the official release date for cricut craft room...I am really anxious to try it out!!
__________________
Kate
Enjoy the simple things in life!
gramak8e is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #2249
Forum Fanatic
 
gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniedln View Post
Does anyone have any hints on cutting the details for images (e.g., Spongebob) when the feature you select has you cut items of a different color in the same cut?
If you have design studio you can cut them one at a time. Otherwise the only thing you can do is cut all of the shapes in all of the colors you need and throw away the unneeded ones.
__________________
Wash: "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
Jayne: "Da*n straight."


my blog -- my recipes
gale is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #2250
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 740
Default

If you have a Gypsy, you can omit the parts you don't want to cut. Then make the cut, omit the other part and cut again. Works great and saves paper.
__________________
Happy Stamping, Cynthia
I only stamp on days that end with "Y"
http://ladybugstamperscraftsite.blogspot.com/
ladybugstamper2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #2251
Crimping Master
 
frou frou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybugandi45 View Post
Hi
I'm betting that there is already an answer to this question buried in the 58 pages of this thread but Im hoping maybe something has changed. I have the Expression. Have had it for 5 years maybe but just recently started using it a lot. The issue I have is not really with the Cricut but with the paper. I use Stampin Up and the whisper white is terrible for cutting. It just shreds. Drives me crazy....is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have an idea why this happens? Should I give up and try another brand? If so, can you please recommend another brand?
I emailed SU! Looking for an answer and all I got was 'we will look into this but you wont hear back from us.....just understand that we are discussing this issue'....argh
I have this trouble with some of the older SU paper, its very fiberous and does shred. Some colors cut beautifully...some do not! I have had excellent results with American crafts white paper { I do recieve AC cardstock as part of my DT position, but I love it so much I buy it as well} It really cuts like a dream!
__________________
www.inkingpink.com
Provocraft Cricut Circle, Stampcation!
frou frou is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #2252
Stampin' Fool
 
mommarocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,318
Default

does anyone know why when you try to redeem your cricut points, the only mailing option is fedex express which they charge ten bucks for??? they dont give us the option to choose which way we would like it mailed....i dont like that
__________________
rubber stamps rule!!
mommarocks is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #2253
Stampin' Fool
 
mommarocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frou frou View Post
I have this trouble with some of the older SU paper, its very fiberous and does shred. Some colors cut beautifully...some do not! I have had excellent results with American crafts white paper { I do recieve AC cardstock as part of my DT position, but I love it so much I buy it as well} It really cuts like a dream!
have you tried using a cutting guide? there's a link somewhere on here, or if someone knows it off hand from aboverubiestudio that is excellent!!! i've used it even on very detailed cuttings and it works excellent!!
__________________
rubber stamps rule!!
mommarocks is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #2254
Crimping Master
 
frou frou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,242
Default

love above Rubies! wonderful info for sure!!

The only problem I ever have is with older paper...yep some of my paper has been hanging around for many years! I just know to use that for cards and not to cut with! LOL
__________________
www.inkingpink.com
Provocraft Cricut Circle, Stampcation!
frou frou is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #2255
Swapper of the Month December 2011
 
mybugandi45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ...in a state of disarray
Posts: 4,122
Default

I have a question for anyone. I have an expression but I don't know if this makes any difference to my question....does anyone have the Home Decor cartridge?? I'm specifically talking about the awesome cupcake on this cartridge.........is there a way to just cut the wrapper? I want my wrapper brown and the actual cake white. How can I just cut the wrapper in brown CS and not have to waste so much CS by having the cake print too? Help! Thanks too.
__________________
Lori Smith
mybugandi45 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #2256
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 20
Default

So, I have MTC because I was using it with my Cricut and now I can't! If I take the plunge, and purchase SCAL, and don't update it - will I be able to continue using it after ProvoCraft gets their way, and settles the lawsuit with them?
romomalley is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #2257
Glitter Guru
 
fmtinsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: surrounded by mountains
Posts: 5,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romomalley View Post
So, I have MTC because I was using it with my Cricut and now I can't! If I take the plunge, and purchase SCAL, and don't update it - will I be able to continue using it after ProvoCraft gets their way, and settles the lawsuit with them?
Did you update MTC after it was changed? I have MTC and can still use it with my Cricut. I just can't update MTC anymore.
__________________
Michele ~ MY GALLERY ~My Blog
fmtinsley is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #2258
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 20
Default

Unfortunately, yes, so now I cannot use it anymore. I wish I would not have updated! I didn't realize what had happened between MTC and Cricut.
romomalley is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #2259
Forum Fanatic
 
gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,812
Default

Do you still have the older exe file from when you downloaded it before? If so you can just install it again from that one. I always save my exe file in case I can't get the program again.
__________________
Wash: "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
Jayne: "Da*n straight."


my blog -- my recipes
gale is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:33 AM   #2260
Polyshrink Goddess
 
kinglake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Surrey UK
Posts: 613
Default

I have decorated my cricut using vinyl and cartridges...cindy loo and cricut sampler. what do you think... xx jo xx
Attached Thumbnails
100_1827.jpg  
__________________
Jo
http://kinglakescrafts.blogspot.com/
kinglake is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:54 AM   #2261
Swapper of the Month December 2011
 
mybugandi45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ...in a state of disarray
Posts: 4,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglake View Post
I have decorated my cricut using vinyl and cartridges...cindy loo and cricut sampler. what do you think... xx jo xx
Hello UK you're far away! One of the best reasons for SCS....speaking to ladies around the world.

I love your Cricut artwork. Fantastic idea! I've had vinyl sitting around for a few years......I know what to do with it now. I hope its still workable?
__________________
Lori Smith
mybugandi45 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #2262
Swapper of the Month December 2011
 
mybugandi45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ...in a state of disarray
Posts: 4,122
Default

I have a question for anyone. I have an expression but I don't know if this makes any difference to my question....does anyone have the Home Decor cartridge?? I'm specifically talking about the awesome cupcake on this cartridge.........is there a way to just cut the wrapper? I want my wrapper brown and the actual cake white. How can I just cut the wrapper in brown CS and not have to waste so much CS by having the cake print too? Help! Thanks too.
__________________
Lori Smith
mybugandi45 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #2263
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 20
Default

No, I do not have the original exe file. My husband re-imaged our computer, so it was not saved. Thanks for the idea though. Any other ideas?
romomalley is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #2264
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lake Placid, Florida
Posts: 151
Default Internet images

This has probably been answered somewhere on here but there are over 100 pages to read thru and I don't have the time right now.

I know that I have seen things that people have done with the Cricut that they have taken the images off of the internet and they say that they have special software to do that. What do I need? I am needing to make a ton of things for VBS at church and there is no way that I can find all the stuff on cartridges, there are none at the local Michaels that will work for Chinese things. Any help here would be appreciated. I thought it was the Design Studio that I need, but the box says that it requires that you still need the cartridges for that to work.

Thanks
__________________
Cathy
"Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice." Philippians 4:4
My very little blog.
cathykeck is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #2265
Forum Fanatic
 
gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,812
Default

You need Sure Cuts a Lot 2. I think Fairy Cuts still works with the cricut too but I don't know for sure. SCAL2 is at http://www.craftedge.com but I'm not sure of the site for fairy cuts-you can probably find it with google.
__________________
Wash: "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
Jayne: "Da*n straight."


my blog -- my recipes
gale is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #2266
Crimping Master
 
lovetostamp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In Peace and Happiness
Posts: 1,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglake View Post
I have decorated my cricut using vinyl and cartridges...cindy loo and cricut sampler. what do you think... xx jo xx
Your cricut looks darling, what a great idea! Very creative......
lovetostamp3 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #2267
Compulsive Stamper
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 49
Default

I just received my new Expression 2 love the touch screen and mat image. Still playing with it but lovin it so far....
mcclurg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #2268
Crimping Master
 
lovetostamp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In Peace and Happiness
Posts: 1,011
Default

I just got mine too, and I'm a new Cricut user. Love the features of the E2, and hope to have a whole new card and scrapping world opened to me..... can hardly wait to create.
lovetostamp3 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #2269
Gallery Gazer
 
Hiding in My Craft Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere under all these scraps!
Posts: 6,684
Default

Isn't the new cricut E2 great!! I'm just loving mine!! I've made a few videos if anyone is interested. You can get to them from my signature!
__________________
Laurie
My Gallery
My Blog: Hiding in My Craft Room
Hiding in My Craft Room is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #2270
Gallery Gazer
 
stampinsweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 6,646
Send a message via MSN to stampinsweeney
Default

I really want the E2, but my husband is slated to be laid off in three weeks. Can't justify the extra cost especially if I don't sell my E first. Wish I could have gotten it on flex pay when HSN had it.

Anyone have fave Cricut You-Tubers? I'm a Cricut video addict. lol!
__________________
The Shamrock Stamper - My Card Creations [/CENTER]
~Morissa~
stampinsweeney is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #2271
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
You need Sure Cuts a Lot 2. I think Fairy Cuts still works with the cricut too but I don't know for sure. SCAL2 is at http://www.craftedge.com but I'm not sure of the site for fairy cuts-you can probably find it with google.
Version 2 is no longer up and this is the straw that broke the Camel's back as far as I am concerned with regard to Provocraft. As I posted in another thread what next will they mandate in my crafting?
RiverIsis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #2272
Gabfest Goddess
 
davesgram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
You need Sure Cuts a Lot 2. I think Fairy Cuts still works with the cricut too but I don't know for sure. SCAL2 is at http://www.craftedge.com but I'm not sure of the site for fairy cuts-you can probably find it with google.
Ok, found it, and love it! But. What if PC goes after them? My daughter wants a program for the Cricut I gave her, but I am afraid to recommend one in light of recent developments. If she goes on a purchases the program, what if PC goes after Fairy Cut?
__________________
Vivace "Don't be reckless with other peoples hearts, don't put up with people who are reckless with yours."May we all be like coffee! My AVON website AvonBloghttp://www.bakerella.com/cheesecake-bars/
davesgram is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #2273
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesgram View Post
Ok, found it, and love it! But. What if PC goes after them? My daughter wants a program for the Cricut I gave her, but I am afraid to recommend one in light of recent developments. If she goes on a purchases the program, what if PC goes after Fairy Cut?
PC are going after everyone and everything. If she wants to use Cricut then she has to use their programs. Also be aware if she does use their programs they believe they own anything she creates (from previous experience by other users).

If she wants more than what Cricut offer then she can spend her money elsewhere - SCAL and MTC both have lists of cutters they work on. I have a list from the Cricut Boycott page on Facebook about other electronic die cutters - many have better reviews than Cricut. And don't worry I have a Cricut so I'm not being "anti-Cricut".

Here's the link - http://thatsscrapinc.com/ComparisonC...thBlackCat.htm

At this time if I hadn't already invested in Cricut I wouldn't. They aren't going to see another penny of my money because they are just being bullies and I don't support that behavior in my life.
RiverIsis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #2274
Gabfest Goddess
 
davesgram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
PC are going after everyone and everything. If she wants to use Cricut then she has to use their programs. Also be aware if she does use their programs they believe they own anything she creates (from previous experience by other users).

If she wants more than what Cricut offer then she can spend her money elsewhere - SCAL and MTC both have lists of cutters they work on. I have a list from the Cricut Boycott page on Facebook about other electronic die cutters - many have better reviews than Cricut. And don't worry I have a Cricut so I'm not being "anti-Cricut".

Here's the link - http://thatsscrapinc.com/ComparisonC...thBlackCat.htm

At this time if I hadn't already invested in Cricut I wouldn't. They aren't going to see another penny of my money because they are just being bullies and I don't support that behavior in my life.
Thanks so much! I am going to pass this to my daughter and give her some other options.
thanks again!
__________________
Vivace "Don't be reckless with other peoples hearts, don't put up with people who are reckless with yours."May we all be like coffee! My AVON website AvonBloghttp://www.bakerella.com/cheesecake-bars/
davesgram is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #2275
Glitter Queen
 
nick_9216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 11
Default

I am new to SCS and am fairly new to crafting (i've only been at if for about a year). I have a cricut expression and have been reading a lot about SCAL and MTC, but just as i was getting ready to take the plunge and purchase one of them i am hearing about the lawsuit with provocraft. Does it pay for me to get one? Or should i just download the trial versions and cut like crazy until they stop working? Any ideas? Also i just heard about cricut's craft room on their website, anyone been invited to use it yet? Do you think they will let us use all the SVG files we already have (cause i've been downloading free ones like CRAZY!)?
nick_9216 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #2276
Forum Fanatic
 
gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,812
Default

You can't cut with the trial versions. At least not a good cut. And even if you could, even the trial versions that are available for download no longer work with the cricut. I am willing to bet that the cricut craft room will not allow you to cut svg files but I could be wrong.
__________________
Wash: "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
Jayne: "Da*n straight."


my blog -- my recipes
gale is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #2277
Compulsive Stamper
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28
Default

my brother surprised me with the E2 - he was sold on the idea it was a special addition and would be not produced again with the 4 carts. I'm not real impressed with it so far - too much hunting to find size of cuts, pressure, etc. I liked the E (also have the baby bug) and it is so much easier to just turn the dials on the sides. I don't have the gypsy, I do have the DS but have only used it maybe 3 times in 4 years and to move the needle to the exact area to cut....I don't see the advantage of the E2. Was it designed for people with the gypsy in mind? I've tried watching videos on it but I guess for now I'm so disappointed in it nothing sinks in. I can't get the cuts to fit right in any of the preloaded carts...which, by the way...I love all 4 of them. It almost looks like those are the only ones needed to create fantastic greeting cards.
mac4551 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #2278
Crimping Master
 
lovetostamp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In Peace and Happiness
Posts: 1,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac4551 View Post
my brother surprised me with the E2 - he was sold on the idea it was a special addition and would be not produced again with the 4 carts. I'm not real impressed with it so far - too much hunting to find size of cuts, pressure, etc. I liked the E (also have the baby bug) and it is so much easier to just turn the dials on the sides. I don't have the gypsy, I do have the DS but have only used it maybe 3 times in 4 years and to move the needle to the exact area to cut....I don't see the advantage of the E2. Was it designed for people with the gypsy in mind? I've tried watching videos on it but I guess for now I'm so disappointed in it nothing sinks in. I can't get the cuts to fit right in any of the preloaded carts...which, by the way...I love all 4 of them. It almost looks like those are the only ones needed to create fantastic greeting cards.
The E2 is my first Cricut, and maybe that's why I'm adjusting okay to it, I have nothing to unlearn. I find it easy to navigate and with the icon cheat sheet, it seems simple. I haven't used my gypsy much with it though, I have bought quite a few cartridges on sale and off ebay, and find it easier to put them in and use the machine, but then again, I'm new and still learning, big time!!!
lovetostamp3 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:32 AM   #2279
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romomalley View Post
No, I do not have the original exe file. My husband re-imaged our computer, so it was not saved. Thanks for the idea though. Any other ideas?
You may be able to get them to resend you the installer, try this page: Craft Edge: Lost Software Installer
pinkgeek is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #2280
Embossing Fanatic
 
Mollyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 63
Default

I can't ask this question on the PC MB and hope someone here will know the answer. I understand that PC upgraded its software to include the carts that came out in April. Typically, I would update my Cricut and Gypsy to include the Carts. Question: If I update my Cricut and Gypsy, will I lose the ability to cut with MTC?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Best, Mollyz
Mollyz is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off