Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #2121
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
just quoting so I can see the link. Why it's not showing up for me in your post is beyond me. Weirdness.
Well that is weird! I don't see it either. But I see it in the quote! ??
Old 02-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #2122
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaklatet View Post
"Provo Craft just announced that they will be opening up a Cricut Craft Room, which will be an online design studio and we will be able to create and cut from their whole library of images. That would be great! If you would like to read the information here is the link: Cricut News"

This is not quite accurate. According to the "Cricut News", you can create from the whole library of images, but will only be able to cut out images from cartridges that you own.
Darn, I misread that. I was wondering how they were going to make money on that kind of a deal, and now I know. That isn't going to be any different really then the Design Studio.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #2123
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennunder View Post
SCAL does not work with the Cricut cartridges, but it does allow you to cut all sorts of images and fonts that you have downloaded onto your computer. I use it and really like it. I use my Gypsy to design with my Cricut cartridges. It would be neat if there was one program that could do it all.

Provo Craft just announced that they will be opening up a Cricut Craft Room, which will be an online design studio and we will be able to create and cut from their whole library of images. That would be great! If you would like to read the information here is the link: Cricut News
Correction: You will be able to create with their whole library, but only cut with the cartridges that you have.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #2124
Gabfest Goddess

If you want to know more there is this facebook group "Cricut Craft Room Users", it should tell you more, probably yahoo groups that will talk you through it as well.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...37322842998601
Old 02-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #2125
Gabfest Goddess

Here is some more information about the library:
Cricut Craft Room
Old 02-26-2011, 10:05 PM   #2126
Gabfest Goddess

List of retired carts: (several I wanted on the list, boooohoooo)

Retired Cartridges - Cricut Cartridge Library
Old 02-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #2127
Compulsive Stamper

What is better-the Cricut Expression 2 or the Cricut Imagine? Do you think Provocraft will be coming out with an Imagine 2 soon? Will the Expression 2 be able to print? I am very excited and can't wait to get one of these, but I want to make sure I make the right choice. Where do you suggest buying them? I want to get the best price possible. Someone told me that she doesn't have to spend $90 on the cartridges and can get them for $20 or $40. Do you know where that might be? Thanks!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #2128
Rubber Obsessor

I get my cartridges at CricutMachine.com and have received great prices and customer service.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:08 AM   #2129
Polyshrink Goddess

Just got an email from "All things Cricut"...site that sales cartridges for 50%to70% off. Anyone ever dealt with them before. Looks like they just open up 2-2011....a bit worried they might not be safe? Looking for someone who knows anything. There is no message about being new...and have no idea where they got my address? Help...really good deals...Maybe?
Old 02-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #2130
Polyshrink Goddess

Default was it safe?

Katzkreationzaz: CricutMachine.com......did you have any trouble with your credit card at that site. Just read people were having some problems...with their cards and had to close them? How was your experience?

Last edited by pa stamper; 02-28-2011 at 02:15 AM.. Reason: added more information
Old 02-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #2131
Cardstock Collector

Default cricut power cords

Can the power cords be interchanged between the different Cricut machines?
Old 02-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #2132
Forum Fanatic

no the cords can't be interchanged.

I did a comparison of cuts with the personal and the expression. I have posted here about how my E cuts weird. Today I was able to make room so I can have both machines out and decided to do the same cut in both. Check it out on my blog:
Stamps and Stitches: Cricut-expression vs personal

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 02-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #2133
Gabfest Goddess

SVGCuts.com*|*Free SVG Files for Sure Cuts A Lot

Check out the swan!

Had to share this svg file. So pretty!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #2134
Rubber Obsessor

I have purchased from them at least a half a dozen times and my best friend as many and neither one of us has had any problems. I work in identity theft so I am very careful about companies I deal with and have never had any problem except for pizza delivery. May I suggest never using your debit card for pizza delivery as my money ended up in Istambul without me! but no problem with cricutmachine.com.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #2135
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to angiesprouse Send a message via Yahoo to angiesprouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.G View Post
Can the power cords be interchanged between the different Cricut machines?
I have used my expression power cord on both the baby bug and the expression with no problems.

You can find me blogging at: http://allthatscrapforme.blogspot.com/
Old 03-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #2136
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiesprouse View Post
I have used my expression power cord on both the baby bug and the expression with no problems.
Someone just posted in another thread that they weren't able to get their expression to work using the baby bug's cord. Maybe it goes only one way and not the other.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #2137
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via MSN to stampinsweeney

Cricut Experts,

Does anyone have experience using bulletin board paper in the Cricut? I have the new Quarter Note cart and want to decorate my classroom with large images. I would imagine because it is so thin that I would need to use a slow setting and low pressure. Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Morissa
Old 03-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #2138
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinsweeney View Post
Cricut Experts,

Does anyone have experience using bulletin board paper in the Cricut? I have the new Quarter Note cart and want to decorate my classroom with large images. I would imagine because it is so thin that I would need to use a slow setting and low pressure. Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Morissa
I would use the deep cut blade set and experiment with the settings. You would think that the settings would be uniform between machines, but they are not. I got one after using my friends and falling in love and I assumed that I would just set it to the same settings as hers. Mine needs to be at a harder pressure. I love that cartridge you got, I have been thinking about getting it but I am trying to be good about spending. I bet your classroom decor turns out awesome! Take some pics and share.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #2139
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via MSN to stampinsweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by StamperedChef View Post
I would use the deep cut blade set and experiment with the settings. You would think that the settings would be uniform between machines, but they are not. I got one after using my friends and falling in love and I assumed that I would just set it to the same settings as hers. Mine needs to be at a harder pressure. I love that cartridge you got, I have been thinking about getting it but I am trying to be good about spending. I bet your classroom decor turns out awesome! Take some pics and share.
So, I took some of the bulletin board paper home to practice with this weekend. The fibers come right off onto the mat and make a huge mess. I think it is on the level of construction paper...messy and not worth it. I think colored cardstock (even the cheap stuff) is MUCH better.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #2140
Rubber Obsessor

Wow - WhoDaThunkIt? Thanks for sharing your experiences with the bulletin board paper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinsweeney View Post
So, I took some of the bulletin board paper home to practice with this weekend. The fibers come right off onto the mat and make a huge mess. I think it is on the level of construction paper...messy and not worth it. I think colored cardstock (even the cheap stuff) is MUCH better.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #2141
Gabfest Goddess

For you newer cricuteers, or anyone interested:
My Cricut Review: Expression vs Original Cricut Machine - The Fun Times Guide to Stamping & Scrapbooking
Enjoy
Old 03-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #2142
Embossing Fanatic

My cricut is fairly new to me and I have 2 questions!

1. I was wondering if there is a font out there that handwrites? so that all the letters
are connected together?

2. I'm itching to be able to connect it to the computer, but I heard you shouldn't until your warranty runs out? Anyone out there had good/bad experience with this?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #2143
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubichon View Post
My cricut is fairly new to me and I have 2 questions!

1. I was wondering if there is a font out there that handwrites? so that all the letters
are connected together?

2. I'm itching to be able to connect it to the computer, but I heard you shouldn't until your warranty runs out? Anyone out there had good/bad experience with this?
Everybody correct me if I'm wrong but, you can connect any font you have on a cartridge by using the software made for the Cricut called Cricut Design Studio. You can also manipulate any font you have downloaded to your computer with software such as Sir Cuts A Lot and Make the Cut. I personally have MTC and it works great. I have connected my Cricut to my computer many times and haven't had any issues. Hope this helps.

My Gallery
My New Blog
Old 03-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #2144
Mad Swapper

Could someone tell me if any of the cricut cartridges have a fence on them? I am looking for a fence to put with some of the "my favorite things" pure innocence girl images. I have several cartridges but don't remember seeing a fence on any of them. Thanks, Angel
Old 03-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #2145
Glitter Queen

I am the proud new owner of a Cricut Personal Cutter. I realize it isn't the full size machine, but I just bought the Wild Card Cartridge and can't get it to cut some envelopes and cards. I'm getting a message that says the characters won't fit, please pick a different size. Shouldn't it at least be able to cut at the 5" that the machine allows? When I get that message, it won't even let me cut at 1". Am I doing something wrong, or is this cartridge just very limited with the smaller machine? I was hoping to be able to at least cut gift card size cards. Any advice and/or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #2146
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1971 View Post
Could someone tell me if any of the cricut cartridges have a fence on them? I am looking for a fence to put with some of the "my favorite things" pure innocence girl images. I have several cartridges but don't remember seeing a fence on any of them. Thanks, Angel
Country Life- Mickey and Friends-Pooh and Friends-Everyday Paperdolls-Paper Doll Dress Up-Freshly Picked-Happy Hauntings-Heritage-Cricut Lite Bloom-Mini Monsters-My Community-My World-October 31st-Old West-Potpouri Basket-Songbird-Straight From the Nest-Wall Decor and More-Word Builders.
Go to www.cricutsearch.com and enter your search word. You'll get all the cartridges with page number the cut is listed on. Hope this helps.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Last edited by Iluvcards; 03-09-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Old 03-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #2147
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1971 View Post
You can go to cricutsearch.com to look up images on cartridges. It is wonderful! It even goes the page number in the handbook. I'm not at home but I think that's the website. If it doesn't come up I have a badge on my blog for the site.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #2148
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcards View Post
Country Life- Mickey and Friends-Pooh and Friends-Everyday Paperdolls-Paper Doll Dress Up-Freshly Picked-Happy Hauntings-Heritage-Cricut Lite Bloom-Mini Monsters-My Community-My World-October 31st-Old West-Potpouri Basket-Songbird-Straight From the Nest-Wall Decor and More-Word Builders.
Go to www.cricutsearch.com and enter your search word. You'll get all the cartridges with page number the cut is listed on. Hope this helps.
Thank you sooo much. I didn't know you could do that. Very helpful. I do have a couple of those cartridges so I'll have to give them a second look. Thanks, Angel
Old 03-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #2149
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmtinsley View Post
You can go to cricutsearch.com to look up images on cartridges. It is wonderful! It even goes the page number in the handbook. I'm not at home but I think that's the website. If it doesn't come up I have a badge on my blog for the site.
Thank you very much! I knew my splitcoast friends would be able to help me out.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:38 PM   #2150
Glitter Queen

Does anyone know which, if any, cards & envelopes can be cut on the Baby Bug using the Wild Card Cart? Also, what is the largest setting that can be used?
Old 03-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #2151
Rubber Obsessor

I don't know off hand, but you could load your paper and press the "Fit To Page" key. Although I don't even know if the baby bug HAS that function. If it does, cut the envelope at 'Fit To Page", and make a note of the size that appears on the screen.
Then you can cut the card and layers at that size and it will all fit.
It will be smallish, but at least you will get the matching envelope.
HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathykag View Post
Does anyone know which, if any, cards & envelopes can be cut on the Baby Bug using the Wild Card Cart? Also, what is the largest setting that can be used?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #2152
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathykag View Post
I am the proud new owner of a Cricut Personal Cutter. I realize it isn't the full size machine, but I just bought the Wild Card Cartridge and can't get it to cut some envelopes and cards. I'm getting a message that says the characters won't fit, please pick a different size. Shouldn't it at least be able to cut at the 5" that the machine allows? When I get that message, it won't even let me cut at 1". Am I doing something wrong, or is this cartridge just very limited with the smaller machine? I was hoping to be able to at least cut gift card size cards. Any advice and/or tips would be greatly appreciated.
I believe it is because it is wanting to cut an envelope in proportion to a 5" card which would be bigger that your 6" working space. I agree you should be able to do fit to page. Which machine do you have the original bug or create? Not sure if the o bug has that feature. I think the biggest card you can cut would be 2 3/4. Try cutting that size envelope. Hope that helps!

Oh and maybe try cutting at the largest size but put real dial size ON. Let us know if any of these suggestions work! Good luck!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:02 AM   #2153
Matboard Maniac

Could someone please help me understand with the Heritage Cartridge..I wanted to cut a frame on Pg.31 (outline shape) and if I select 2" it cuts it that wide, but it's WAY too long (horizontally) for a card. Is there any way I can cut it to only be 2" LONG ? I'm new to using my Cricut still, and don't understand if/when I select the setting (2") is that the width or length of cutout I guess is what I'm trying ? to figure out.

Hoping this makes sense to someone..thanks for your help!! If I posted this in the wrong forum..sorry...
Old 03-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #2154
Swapper of the Month December 2011

Hi
I'm betting that there is already an answer to this question buried in the 58 pages of this thread but Im hoping maybe something has changed. I have the Expression. Have had it for 5 years maybe but just recently started using it a lot. The issue I have is not really with the Cricut but with the paper. I use Stampin Up and the whisper white is terrible for cutting. It just shreds. Drives me crazy....is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have an idea why this happens? Should I give up and try another brand? If so, can you please recommend another brand?
I emailed SU! Looking for an answer and all I got was 'we will look into this but you wont hear back from us.....just understand that we are discussing this issue'....argh
Old 03-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #2155
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnney View Post
Could someone please help me understand with the Heritage Cartridge..I wanted to cut a frame on Pg.31 (outline shape) and if I select 2" it cuts it that wide, but it's WAY too long (horizontally) for a card. Is there any way I can cut it to only be 2" LONG ? I'm new to using my Cricut still, and don't understand if/when I select the setting (2") is that the width or length of cutout I guess is what I'm trying ? to figure out.

Hoping this makes sense to someone..thanks for your help!! If I posted this in the wrong forum..sorry...
If you have the expression, you can cut to the length you need instead of the height. Just click the 'fit to length' button before you cut (it will tell you the height, I think, after you press cut).

Old 03-13-2011, 01:38 AM   #2156
Matboard Maniac

Hi Gale..I should have mentioned in my posting that I do NOT have the cricut expression. It is the smaller original ? cricut machine I guess you'd say. Just bums me out that I can't use any of the really cute frames for my card making fronts. Was hoping to be able to cut one out and than stamp my sentiment in the middle..know what I mean?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #2157
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnney View Post
Hi Gale..I should have mentioned in my posting that I do NOT have the cricut expression. It is the smaller original ? cricut machine I guess you'd say. Just bums me out that I can't use any of the really cute frames for my card making fronts. Was hoping to be able to cut one out and than stamp my sentiment in the middle..know what I mean?
Hi JoAnney,

When I had the small Cricut, I bought Cricut Design Studio. That allows you to manipulate your images and turn them sideways or on a slant. You will also be able to do many other things with it. You do need to use a computer with DS. If you get a Gypsy (on Clearance at Michael's if you can still find them), you will be able to do almost the same things without being attached to a computer.

In short, with DS or a Gypsy, you will be able to cut some of the images that don't fit quite right if you use the small Cricut all by itself. If you need more details, please feel free to PM me, and I will do my best to help you.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #2158
Forum Fanatic

Do you have any of the cricut pens? If so you can use some scrap paper and try out different sizes, and that way you can see what the size should be before you do the cut. If you don't have one I'd be happy to drop one in the mail for you (I got a few free when I had so many problems with my E) for the next time.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #2159
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybugandi45 View Post
Hi
I'm betting that there is already an answer to this question buried in the 58 pages of this thread but Im hoping maybe something has changed. I have the Expression. Have had it for 5 years maybe but just recently started using it a lot. The issue I have is not really with the Cricut but with the paper. I use Stampin Up and the whisper white is terrible for cutting. It just shreds. Drives me crazy....is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have an idea why this happens? Should I give up and try another brand? If so, can you please recommend another brand?
I emailed SU! Looking for an answer and all I got was 'we will look into this but you wont hear back from us.....just understand that we are discussing this issue'....argh
I never in a million years thought that I would like it, but the colorbok white paper from Wal Mart is really good in the cricut. It doesn't shred or shed on the cricut mats. It is $5 for a decent sized 12x12 pack. It is textured on one side and regular on the other.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #2160
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybugandi45 View Post
Hi
I too had this problem with SU cardstock and I thought maybe it was just my problem with the settings or what I was trying to cut out. I haven't had any trouble with the cardstock I have picked up from Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's or other places.