In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree31Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #1841
Gallery Gazer
 
Hiding in My Craft Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere under all these scraps!
Posts: 6,684
Default

I don't have it but you all are such enablers!! LOL!
__________________
Laurie
My Gallery
My Blog: Hiding in My Craft Room
Hiding in My Craft Room is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #1842
Stampin' Fool
 
mommarocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft Room View Post
I don't have it but you all are such enablers!! LOL!
who,,,,,us??? we wouldnt enable! lol.....(cough-cough) speaking of which, has anyone seen the halloween cart that has the 3-d stuff on it??? i know it's like 69 bucks......i looked at the pics and it looks like it would do a totally awesome 3-d haunted house!!! sighs.....enable????? (hehehehehe)
__________________
rubber stamps rule!!
mommarocks is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #1843
Crimping Master
 
Iluvcards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SW Ohio 45371
Posts: 1,238
Default

Check out - CricutMachine.com They have it for $19.95 right now. The sale ends tomorrow night though.
__________________
http:www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=37753

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Iluvcards is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #1844
Gabfest Goddess
 
davesgram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcards View Post
Check out - CricutMachine.com They have it for $19.95 right now. The sale ends tomorrow night though.

They have a great price on the Cricut Expression!
__________________
Vivace "Don't be reckless with other peoples hearts, don't put up with people who are reckless with yours."May we all be like coffee! My AVON website AvonBloghttp://www.bakerella.com/cheesecake-bars/
davesgram is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #1845
Gallery Gazer
 
Hiding in My Craft Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere under all these scraps!
Posts: 6,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommarocks View Post
who,,,,,us??? we wouldnt enable! lol.....(cough-cough) speaking of which, has anyone seen the halloween cart that has the 3-d stuff on it??? i know it's like 69 bucks......i looked at the pics and it looks like it would do a totally awesome 3-d haunted house!!! sighs.....enable????? (hehehehehe)

Nice try!! But I already have that one!! Halloween Hauntings and it is wonderful!
__________________
Laurie
My Gallery
My Blog: Hiding in My Craft Room
Hiding in My Craft Room is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #1846
Gallery Gazer
 
Hiding in My Craft Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere under all these scraps!
Posts: 6,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcards View Post
Check out - CricutMachine.com They have it for $19.95 right now. The sale ends tomorrow night though.

I have purchased from them before with no problems!
__________________
Laurie
My Gallery
My Blog: Hiding in My Craft Room
Hiding in My Craft Room is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:54 AM   #1847
Hardware Hotshot
 
TheOtherMeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,859
Default

OhMyCrafts also has Happy Hauntings on sale. $24.95. Free shipping over $50. Coupon code COMEBACK for 10% off.

OMC can be a little slow in shipping. Not always, but often enough that they've got a bit of a rep for being slow.

http://www.ohmycrafts.com/all-cricut-cartidges.aspx
__________________
You had me at, "We shouldn't be doing this!"
TheOtherMeg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #1848
Hardware Hotshot
 
TheOtherMeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,859
Default

I would like to use the shape of the Martha Stewart Branch punch to make wreaths for a class project. I need the cut to be larger, though, so the kids could assemble their wreaths on a paper plate..

Does anyone have a cutfile or SVG for a shape like the MS Branch punch?

Here's a pic of the punch: MS Branch punch

Martha calls it the Autumn Branch punch: MS site
__________________
You had me at, "We shouldn't be doing this!"

Last edited by TheOtherMeg; 10-07-2010 at 11:45 AM..
TheOtherMeg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #1849
Crimping Master
 
Iluvcards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SW Ohio 45371
Posts: 1,238
Default

Did you check your cartridges for something similar? Gypsy Wanderings, Storybook and Winter Frolic all have something you might be able to use.
__________________
http:www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=37753

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Iluvcards is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #1850
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg View Post
I would like to use the shape of the Martha Stewart Branch punch to make wreaths for a class project. I need the cut to be larger, though, so the kids could assemble their wreaths on a paper plate..

Does anyone have a cutfile or SVG for a shape like the MS Branch punch?

Here's a pic of the punch: MS Branch punch

Martha calls it the Autumn Branch punch: MS site


Do you have SCAL 2 or SCAL 1?? I can make a .jpg file of it to use in SCAL 2. Then, you can just import it into the program.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #1851
Kookie Creator
 
Inky fingers 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Saskatoon SK
Posts: 399
Question Compatabilities with Mac

So....I am new to the whole world of Cricut.....just bought one this week (personal). Don't stone me - I'm a slow learner!! lol

I am also new to the world of Mac - just got one this summer....still in the missing my PC stage. I am wondering who has a Mac out there, and what is compatible and what isn't - Design Studio, SCAL, even a cool font/dingbat site I found - which has an amazing sale on right now, by the way!! Scrapbooking fonts, alphabets, Journaling Delights and Clip Art - Lettering Delights

Any help would be greatly appreciated. i know that as I research more, i will find many answers, but just need some quick help right now.....
__________________
Carolyn
~If a redhead goes crazy, is it called Gingersnaps?~


Inky fingers 2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #1852
Kookie Creator
 
Inky fingers 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Saskatoon SK
Posts: 399
Default

Sorry....Just realized I should have put this on the chatter thread! I pasted it there too.
__________________
Carolyn
~If a redhead goes crazy, is it called Gingersnaps?~


Inky fingers 2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:02 AM   #1853
Stampin' Fool
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 1,439
Default

Put me in the group of people who love the Cricut.....sometimes! I am getting better cuts these days but still get tears on some letters even when cut at 3". I use the three settings like has been listed here for different papers but every 3rd or 4th cut really messes up. I have the personal cutter and saw the E on sale this week. So, my question is: Are people having less problems with the cutting on the E versus the personal? Or is it basically a crap shoot? I don't do huge projects so the only reason I would upgrade would be if the cuts were a lot more consistent and smooth with the E. Thanks.
PJill is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:24 AM   #1854
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,761
Default

I don't have problems with either of mine, so I can't help you PJill. I don't get bad cuts unless my settings are off or my blade isn't sharp.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:32 AM   #1855
Gallery Gazer
 
Chinook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 6,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJill View Post
Put me in the group of people who love the Cricut.....sometimes! I am getting better cuts these days but still get tears on some letters even when cut at 3". I use the three settings like has been listed here for different papers but every 3rd or 4th cut really messes up. I have the personal cutter and saw the E on sale this week. So, my question is: Are people having less problems with the cutting on the E versus the personal? Or is it basically a crap shoot? I don't do huge projects so the only reason I would upgrade would be if the cuts were a lot more consistent and smooth with the E. Thanks.
I got the Expression a year ago and the only time I have trouble with tears is if my pressure is too high, or my blade needs to be replaced. Once I went to replace the blade and there was a tiny bit of paper caught on the blade. Cleared that off wthout swapping the blade for a new one and it cut great again. When I saw the baby bug was at Michaels for a steal, I picked it up to have one for when my friends come over (weekly). So I have used both and the only time I have any tearing is if my settings are off or the blade needs to be replaced.

Oh, I did replace the blade on the new baby bug MUCH earlier than it 'should' have been, but it made all the difference. HTH!
__________________
Cheers, Karen
My Gallery
My Blog
Chinook is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #1856
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky fingers 2 View Post
So....I am new to the whole world of Cricut.....

I am also new to the world of Mac - just got one this summer....still in the missing my PC stage. I am wondering who has a Mac out there, and what is compatible and what isn't - Design Studio, SCAL, even a cool font/dingbat site I found - which has an amazing sale on right now, by the way!! Scrapbooking fonts, alphabets, Journaling Delights and Clip Art - Lettering Delights

Any help would be greatly appreciated. i know that as I research more, i will find many answers, but just need some quick help right now.....

I am new to the cricut world and can now call myself an addict I also have a MAC and a PC and I LOVE my MAC and would never go back! I am using SCAL and have never had any issues
gabenick2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #1857
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,064
Default

Does anyone know where I can get a mitten pattern for SCAL?

Bonnie
Stampnf1n is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #1858
Rubber Obsessor
 
sandyh124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 109
Send a message via AIM to sandyh124 Send a message via Yahoo to sandyh124
Default

Just a comment on Cricut settings for different papers. I've had my E since the beginning of March, and had to do some real searching for the proper settings for my machine. Apperently the settings in the machine instructions are not exactly the way my machine is calibrated.
From what I have read on various boards is that each machine, no matter what size, is a bit different. So the suggestions for pressure, blade depth and speed on one machine may not be exactly the same as on another machine. Best advice I found - test your machine with the paper you want to use (in the corner or off to the side where you'll have scrap) to see how it cuts best with that paper. Use different settings and WRITE DOWN your best performance settings with that paper. Tape it in the lid of your machine for your reference. Sometimes I get bad cuts on paper too and the settings still have to be tweaked a little, or I need a sharper blade. But when I find the right settings, my E works like a champ!
Thin papers are usually good with 3 and below blade depth, thicker paper definitely more to the high end - my machine is almost always at a 6 even with a new blade. I like to use Bazzill Bling cardstock and it's pretty heavy weight paper.
The more detailed the cut, the slower the speed.
It really depends on what paper type you are using as to the pressure settings - small sharp points on the Bling paper are tough ones for my machine, but I have the deep cut blade and use that on a lower setting and it usually works for me. The multiple cut feature I've had problems with, so I need to work on that area more.

HTH,
__________________
Sandy
let yourself day dream, agree with your imagination, laugh at the rules and color outside the lines....
sandyh124 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #1859
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampnf1n View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a mitten pattern for SCAL?

Bonnie


I will be glad to make you a .jpg that you can import into SCAL if you will tell me what you're looking for.

(As long as you have SCAL 2)...
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #1860
Gallery Gazer
 
Chinook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 6,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampnf1n View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a mitten pattern for SCAL?

Bonnie
You can check out SVGcuts.com or MyScrapChick and browse their winter files for a mitten shape. Or, you could do an internet search for mitten images and see if you can find one that you can make your own SVG from. HTH!
__________________
Cheers, Karen
My Gallery
My Blog
Chinook is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #1861
Gallery Gazer
 
Hiding in My Craft Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere under all these scraps!
Posts: 6,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh124 View Post
Just a comment on Cricut settings for different papers. I've had my E since the beginning of March, and had to do some real searching for the proper settings for my machine. Apperently the settings in the machine instructions are not exactly the way my machine is calibrated.
From what I have read on various boards is that each machine, no matter what size, is a bit different. So the suggestions for pressure, blade depth and speed on one machine may not be exactly the same as on another machine. Best advice I found - test your machine with the paper you want to use (in the corner or off to the side where you'll have scrap) to see how it cuts best with that paper. Use different settings and WRITE DOWN your best performance settings with that paper. Tape it in the lid of your machine for your reference. Sometimes I get bad cuts on paper too and the settings still have to be tweaked a little, or I need a sharper blade. But when I find the right settings, my E works like a champ!
Thin papers are usually good with 3 and below blade depth, thicker paper definitely more to the high end - my machine is almost always at a 6 even with a new blade. I like to use Bazzill Bling cardstock and it's pretty heavy weight paper.
The more detailed the cut, the slower the speed.
It really depends on what paper type you are using as to the pressure settings - small sharp points on the Bling paper are tough ones for my machine, but I have the deep cut blade and use that on a lower setting and it usually works for me. The multiple cut feature I've had problems with, so I need to work on that area more.

HTH,

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I totally agree and you have said it so well. I want to add one thing that I think it also depends on the age of the blade. My blade is just about ready to be changed and I have noticed my settings need to be a little "tweeked".
__________________
Laurie
My Gallery
My Blog: Hiding in My Craft Room
Hiding in My Craft Room is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #1862
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
You can check out SVGcuts.com or MyScrapChick and browse their winter files for a mitten shape. Or, you could do an internet search for mitten images and see if you can find one that you can make your own SVG from. HTH!
Thanks I will look around. I keep running in to stuff that has virus warnings.
Weird

Bonnie
Stampnf1n is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #1863
Forum Fanatic
 
gale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,740
Default

Also check the scal forums. Sometimes people share shapes there.
__________________
Wash: "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
Jayne: "Da*n straight."


my blog -- my recipes
gale is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #1864
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 2,682
Default

this is wonderful! I just got my bug and a gypsy. I'm learning to use it and MTC on my laptop. I'm glad I have some place to check for technical stuff when I get stuck.
ScrapWithM is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #1865
Compulsive Stamper
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rockford, MI
Posts: 46
Default

This question may already be on here, but wondering.....can I get by with the Cricut Create or do I need the Expression? Will I regret getting the smaller one and always wished I bought the Expression? Tight on money, but tired of holding out! I need a Cricut!!

Thanks!
__________________
~Kelley
My Gallery
My Blog
kherrick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #1866
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kherrick View Post
This question may already be on here, but wondering.....can I get by with the Cricut Create or do I need the Expression? Will I regret getting the smaller one and always wished I bought the Expression? Tight on money, but tired of holding out! I need a Cricut!!

Thanks!


TOTALLY depends on how big you need to cut. I LOVE having my big Cricut, but was happy with my baby bug for a long time. If you thing you will ever need/want to cut over 6x12, then go ahead with the big one.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #1867
Gabfest Goddess
 
davesgram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,819
Default

I started out with the smaller cricut and I was happy. My suggestion is go online and watch some videos of both and think about what YOU want to do with one. Then think about which fills the bill for you. Also, there are some websites with some great prices on the Expression. So I suggest shopping around, as you might find a great deal!
__________________
Vivace "Don't be reckless with other peoples hearts, don't put up with people who are reckless with yours."May we all be like coffee! My AVON website AvonBloghttp://www.bakerella.com/cheesecake-bars/
davesgram is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #1868
Glitter Guru
 
fmtinsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: surrounded by mountains
Posts: 5,825
Default

I agree with Vivace and Shell. I had the baby bug first because that was all they had. I was very happy with it. I just got the E for Mothers Day this year. Think about what you will be using it for. I got my E from Ohmycrafts. sign up for their emails and you get a daily discount code which can be used for Cricut things. I happened to get lucky and got a discount and free shipping.
__________________
Michele ~ MY GALLERY ~My Blog
fmtinsley is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #1869
Gallery Gazer
 
Hiding in My Craft Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere under all these scraps!
Posts: 6,684
Default

Also, I might be considered lazy (and that's alright LOL!) but I love the fact that I don't have to cut down paper to fit my mat. Plus, I mainly have 8 1/2 X 11 solid colored cardstock so to cut it down to 6 X 11 waste A LOT of paper. Really it's about time too.

If in doubt go big. For the price difference it is so worth it! IMO! To me the only appeal of the Create is the portability of the size but I have taken my Expression on crops!! Oh and I guess it is a little cheaper. Someone here got an Expression somewhere with extra carts for a steal of a deal. Plus, with the new Imagine out maybe the prices will go down even lower.

Whatever you decide you will love it!!!
__________________
Laurie
My Gallery
My Blog: Hiding in My Craft Room
Hiding in My Craft Room is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #1870
Hardware Hotshot
 
TheOtherMeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,859
Default

A lot of carts have 3D cuts, cards, envelopes, bags, etc. IME, those items cut waaaay too small to be useful on the baby bug or Create.
__________________
You had me at, "We shouldn't be doing this!"
TheOtherMeg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #1871
Gabfest Goddess
 
Kduff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,362
Default

Had a baby to start with as it was all I could afford and only a couple of months back bought my E, love it, if you have the $ I'd go for the E instead of the baby.
My tags bags and boxes cart was hopeless with the baby one, the first thing I did on the E was make a decent sized box lol
Kduff is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #1872
Hardware Hotshot
 
TheOtherMeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Do you have SCAL 2 or SCAL 1?? I can make a .jpg file of it to use in SCAL 2. Then, you can just import it into the program.
I'm sorry I missed this post!

Thank you so much for the offer. I have MTC. I had SCAL1 on another computer but never got handy with it and, when that computer died, went with MTC the second time around. I'm not as handy with MTC as I'd like to be (I detect a trend...), so I don't know if I can use a SCAL-created file in it.
__________________
You had me at, "We shouldn't be doing this!"
TheOtherMeg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #1873
Hardware Hotshot
 
TheOtherMeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcards View Post
Did you check your cartridges for something similar? Gypsy Wanderings, Storybook and Winter Frolic all have something you might be able to use.
Thanks! I have GW and Storybook and will give those a looksee.

As for checking, uh... no, I didn't. I had "Martha Stewart Branch Punch" in my head and that was all I was considering. Something similar will work for my project, though. I just need to cut a lot of that sort of shape so the kids can assemble wreaths on paper plates.
__________________
You had me at, "We shouldn't be doing this!"
TheOtherMeg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:58 AM   #1874
Stazon Splitcoast
 
2CuteCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: west central MN
Posts: 13,814
Default

I just bought a Cricut last night so I am subbing.
__________________
Roxane
BRAK Member
Danica Patrick fan
2CuteCats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:49 AM   #1875
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 249
Default

Can anyone tell me where I can find the best deal on an Expression at the current time? I am looking to purchase one for our school for the teachers to use and we are wanting to surprise them and get it for them before Thanksgiving, so they will have it to use for bulletin boards, etc.
__________________
Jenn ~ Dippity Dot Inspiration Blog
Pink Whimsy Consultant:Pink Whimsy - Jennifer Underwood
jennunder is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #1876
Stazon Splitcoast
 
2CuteCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: west central MN
Posts: 13,814
Default

I bought mine at WalMart. It was $249.
__________________
Roxane
BRAK Member
Danica Patrick fan
2CuteCats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #1877
Stazon Splitcoast
 
2CuteCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: west central MN
Posts: 13,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kduff View Post
Had a baby to start with as it was all I could afford and only a couple of months back bought my E, love it, if you have the $ I'd go for the E instead of the baby.
My tags bags and boxes cart was hopeless with the baby one, the first thing I did on the E was make a decent sized box lol
I bought the Expression because it does more plus you can only put paper in that is 6 inches wide in the original Cricut and the Cricut Create.
__________________
Roxane
BRAK Member
Danica Patrick fan
2CuteCats is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #1878
Gabfest Goddess
 
davesgram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,819
Default

Cricut Expression Machines
__________________
Vivace "Don't be reckless with other peoples hearts, don't put up with people who are reckless with yours."May we all be like coffee! My AVON website AvonBloghttp://www.bakerella.com/cheesecake-bars/
davesgram is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #1879
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennunder View Post
Can anyone tell me where I can find the best deal on an Expression at the current time? I am looking to purchase one for our school for the teachers to use and we are wanting to surprise them and get it for them before Thanksgiving, so they will have it to use for bulletin boards, etc.
I got mine in a very good deal on Black Friday a couple of years ago ($179 + a cart) - honestly if you can wait it could be worth it and you can spend that extra on either cartridges or other bits and pieces for it.
RiverIsis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:21 AM   #1880
Mad Swapper
 
craftyteaspoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bears country
Posts: 1,945
Welding letters with the Gypsy

I can't get this to work, can anyone help me? I've followed the directions and the letters seem to be welded together into one continuous word but when it cuts each letter is cut separately. I've tried welding images together also and they cut separately too. Any advice???
__________________
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
craftyteaspoon is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off