Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 02:13 PM   #121
Die Cut Diva

I had followed a link yesterday I believe from scs and they had cartridges for about $40, but I can't find it today. It was late last night and I forgot to save it. My mom got a cricut for Christmas and I want her to buy more cartridges----he-he. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

My Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #122
Forum Fanatic

I have seen two on this thread-- http://www.freewebs.com/kimskorner/index.htm and http://www.creativexpress.com/shop/o...er&offerid=569 Hope this helps! Kelly
Barbaralynn's Summer Swap

I'm a BRAK member. We would love for you to join us!
Click here for more information!
Old 12-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #123
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee O. View Post
I had followed a link yesterday I believe from scs and they had cartridges for about $40, but I can't find it today. It was late last night and I forgot to save it. My mom got a cricut for Christmas and I want her to buy more cartridges----he-he. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
might be creativeXpress. they usually have sales dont know the exact website address but their might be a link in the cricut chatter thread the first one. also Supergal Ithink w/66 on the end sells carts on ebay for 35$ plus 5$ shipping. she is lousy at communicating with but she usually throws in free mats or blades and sends the carts the week she gets the payment, I have been pleased with her deliveryand havent had a problem but it can be frustrating if you want to talk to/or email her...HTH
Old 12-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #124
Forum Fanatic

try these:
http://www.customcrops.com
http://www.cherishedscrapsandcards.com
http://www.scrappersmusthaves.com

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 12-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #125
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the links. The customcrops was it. I knew you all would know. I love this site. It really shouldn't be just a stampin' site, it should be it's own seach engine. Google, yahoo, scs..................... Thanks again, now I can quit driving myself crazy.

My Blog
Old 12-28-2007, 12:19 AM   #126
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TangoAlphaMike

I have trouble with the blade chewing the paper up. I was using the pea pod design when this happened the most. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tam
Old 12-30-2007, 09:04 PM   #127
Stazon Splitcoast

Default nestablities & the cricut

NOTE TO THOSE WHO ASKED WITH OUT QUOTING EVERYONE:

Cuttlebug for nestabilities,

Cricut has multiple ways for cutting Like nestabilities;

W/O the software you can cut cirles and squares using the Mini Monograms Scalloped & Regular foundations. These scallops arenot as tiny as Nestability ones are...But I use them and like them just fine, use them all the time.

Using the software:

You can make the scalloped circles and squares into ovals or rectangles just the loops are elongated.

If you want to take the time. You can use the shapes in george and the circle and make it tiny and copy and move them all around the edge of the shapes and make your own scallops, and then weld them, but once you have the template made and saved you can reuse them multiple times to cut what ever you want.

To emboss the edge like nestabilities you just need to cut the original shape you put loops around out of chip board and use a mouse pad and emboss in the cuttlebug after you cut the shape with your cricut the edge embosses the card slightly inside the loops or the same making the original shpe slightly smaller about 1/8th of an inch for the straight edge. I know its work, but doable...some people like me, sometimes have more time than money. silhouette shapes can be embossed the same way. I dont use a mouse pad but use my rubber mat I got with my Big Impression starter kit(BISK) the same one I use to emboss with the brass templates in my Cuttlebug..
HTH
Old 01-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #128
Polyshrink Goddess

Default any Canadians order from www.customcrops.com yet?

I just noticed this link (www.customcrops.com ) in a this thread and the prices are great and still on sale! Just wondering if anyone in Canada has ordered from them as of yet and if so what Duty was and if you got everything okay?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #129
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu View Post
I just noticed this link (www.customcrops.com ) in a this thread and the prices are great and still on sale! Just wondering if anyone in Canada has ordered from them as of yet and if so what Duty was and if you got everything okay?
you might want to ask in the Chatter thread it is read more frequently and their are a few Canadians that might be able to help you...
Old 01-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #130
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Does anyone have the Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More Cricut Cartridge?

I'm wondering if anyone has the "Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More Cricut Cartridge" and if so how large you can make the boxes? The main image that describes it says 1" to 5.5" but I'm not sure how that relates to the boxes? are they really small even at the 5.5 setting?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #131
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm wondering if anyone has the "Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More Cricut Cartridge" and if so how large you can make the boxes? The main image that describes it says 1" to 5.5" but I'm not sure how that relates to the boxes? are they really small even at the 5.5 setting?
pretty much unless you have a expression. you can make them bigger.I havent tried to modify it yet with the DSS..that might work to make it a bit bigger
I posted a purse on my blog last mothers day...

Last edited by jostvig; 01-07-2008 at 12:48 PM..
Old 01-10-2008, 07:17 AM   #132
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to stampinsusie2003

If you go on custom crops you will see that if you bought two cartridges during December your entiltled to one FREE! I just submitted my rebate today.
Take alook its only good through Janaury 31st!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #133
Cardstock Collector

Default need cricut websites for cartridges

Hi all
Looking to buy cartridges at the lowest prices and also to get a machine. I have the chance to get the older model at 100. with out the george cartridge I'm not sure if this is a good buy or not. What do you think?
Old 01-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #134
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to StampBee

Quote:
I was wondering this very same question!! I have the Cricut Expressions, I might give it a try later tonight to see just how big I can get...only thing is, I only have the 12 x 12 mat that came with the machine...WOW! I just can't afford all of the "neato attachments!" LOL
Most are all on my "wishlist"!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #135
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to StampBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyi View Post
Hi all
Looking to buy cartridges at the lowest prices and also to get a machine. I have the chance to get the older model at 100. with out the george cartridge I'm not sure if this is a good buy or not. What do you think?
My bff just bought hers at our local Wal*Mart for $184.00...SOOO I would say if it was for $100, that might be a good deal, but you also mentioned it did not come with the George cart.
You might be able to find that cart or others cheaper.
I just bought "Tags, Bags, Boxes & More" at our local Hobby Lobby for $35.00
(which almost had me PIMPing!)
Old 01-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #136
Cardstock Collector

I have seen it on sale at Michaels, with the full setup for $139.00 at times. (the baby bug) If you can wait do. The full setup is the tool kit, one or two? cartridges, paper, cutter ect. GREAT DEAL!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #137
Hardware Hotshot

Thumbs up Mats too sticky? Read on...

This was in the Cricut e-newsletter today:

TIPS TREASURE CHEST - Mat too sticky?

Question:
I got a nice supply of mats to go with my Expression. Problem is . . . they are too sticky and hold onto the paper for dear life. I'm still learning and I end up tearing up a lot of newly cut projects when removing them and having to scrape paper residue off the mats. Is there some way to "tame down" the sticky on new mats?- RosemaryHagedorn

Answers and Suggestions:
1. It may be the paper you are using. If it is light weight, like printer paper it will stick and be hard to remove. Cardstock works much better. I use the little hook in the tool kit and it works well.- MaryDirector

2. I too had the too sticky problem. What I do is use heavy card stock first, before I use paper. This method seems to wick up some of the tackiness and allows me to use paper without it tearing. -eja

3. The spatula works wonders for removing the cuts on the first super sticky run, and the scraper is a lifesaver!- knarrly

4. I just got mine and I tried a tip from another site that dental floss works well to remove the paper without making it curl up! It works really well! I was able to take off the unused paper and then remove my cut items more easily.- TeresaSmith

5. My mats were not quite this sticky - however, I bent the mats slightly which helped the paper pop off very easily - i did many christmas labels and decorations and bending the mat slightly worked with different papers and designs - the little hook tool helped with the rest - hope this helps. - BarbaraHanson
Old 01-23-2008, 12:41 PM   #138
Hardware Hotshot

Default Can't find 12x12 mats locally...

...you can cut those 12x24 mats in 1/2. Yep, I did it...I hummed, and hah-ed, and waffled between "should I?" and "shouldn't I?", and then, I just pulled out the scissors and snip, snip, snipped my way to two new mats! The cut was easy and clean, and I did it on the 12" line. I've cut a full page embellie and some smaller stuff and no problemo folks! So, if you're WM or Michaels sells only the 12x24 mats (makes no sense, I know) then do it...just go buy those big mats, and cut one down to size!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:24 AM   #139
Crimping Master

if you don't have the expression, the flower top box is small..it will hold a tea light maybe 2....but if you have the expression, dial it all the way up and you will have a nice sized box, still small, but nice for favors etc.
I really like mine..I made 75 little flower boxes for a shower, made the window in front and put a tea light in each with the bride and grooms monogram on the back.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #140
Rubber Obsessor

Should I buy the Cricut or the Cricut Expressions. Is it worth the additional money for the Expression? What is the USB port on the machine for?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #141
Cardstock Collector

I own both, and I use both. I have the expressions hooked up the my computer. The USB port is for interfacing the cricut to the computer. The software is pretty neat, you can weld, and it actually has helped me not waste as much paper. Because you can rotate and move your choice shapes all over the paper. The question of which to buy depoends on size of your cut outs or shapes. If youre primarily a card maker, the original is great. If you do layouts or want to mass produce, then the larger one is helpful. Sorry, but in the end it comes down to what you would like to do with it. Either way you CANNOT go wrong. It is such a fantastic product.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #142
Polyshrink Goddess

I just got a cricut for Christmas and have been enjoying it alot. My question is... out of all the cartridges, which one is the best one (more versital for everyday occasions) Thanks
Old 02-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #143
Polyshrink Goddess

I have 12 cartridges (gasp!) and I would have to say that the one I find most all-round versatile is doodlecharms. It has something on it for just about any occasion ~ baby, halloween, thanksgiving, christmas etc. Just my .02 of course, but probably the one I reach for most often.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #144
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks, That helps me narrow it down a bit.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #145
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to teri2006
Default new cricut

i just got one monday.. problem is the cutting blad isnt going dow close to the paper.. i put the green stem thing in it but it still is wiggly? am i doing some thing wrong? HELP.. i need to make a baby scrapbook page fast... teri
Old 02-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #146
Crimping Master

Default cricut

Yes, you have the blade in wrong...I did the same thing...you need to have the green thing almost at the paper...it looks like the locking thing goes around the middle of the green blade holder, but put it down farther and see if it locks in .
Rachel
Old 02-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #147
Stampin' Fool

Which Xyron machine do you gals feel works best with the Cricut? I have the mini and it is a pain in the butt.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #148
Pearl-ExPert

scrapinnut620........I have several of them. For very small things, I use the X one, works terrific! I also use the 500 and the 2 and 4 inch hand held ones. The 900 one I don't use all that often, but do at times use it on my cards.

Patti
Old 02-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #149
Stampin' Fool

Default X one

I have the X Xyron. I must be doing something wrong as when I put the aplabets in there I feel like I am either scrunching them up since I can't see where they gat places, or I am wasting adhesive, or they just won't stick well. What is the 2 and 4?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:46 AM   #150
Polyshrink Goddess

When using the Xyron with really small letters, put the letters onto the sticky side of a post it note that is small enough to fit through the Xyron first....no lost pieces and you just take the post it off the top of the letters when you take it out and the sticky is on the back.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #151
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9kids View Post
When using the Xyron with really small letters, put the letters onto the sticky side of a post it note that is small enough to fit through the Xyron first....no lost pieces and you just take the post it off the top of the letters when you take it out and the sticky is on the back.
That is such an awesome tip! I never would have come up with that one! Thanks.
Design Team Member for Sweet n Sassy Stamps
Old 02-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #152
Gallery Gazer

Don't forget to visit us in the Cricut 2 thread. This thread is for great FAQs and tips. The other thread is for questions and just daily chat about our bugs. See you over there!

My Gallery
Old 02-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #153
Compulsive Stamper

Default basting temp spray on Mats

I clean my cutting mat with soap and water and then dry. A light spray of basting temp adhesive (in the sewing section) keeps them like brand new. Haven't had to by a new mat since!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #154
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to stampmouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriseo View Post
I clean my cutting mat with soap and water and then dry. A light spray of basting temp adhesive (in the sewing section) keeps them like brand new. Haven't had to by a new mat since!
thanks for the tip
Old 02-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #155
Matboard Maniac

Default What is "weld"??

[QUOTE=Deisia;8711661]I own both, and I use both. I have the expressions hooked up the my computer. The USB port is for interfacing the cricut to the computer. The software is pretty neat, you can weld, and it actually has helped me not waste as much paper. Because you can rotate and move your choice shapes all over the paper. QUOTE]

Is welding what I think it is??! Can you cut out a name and it not be individual letters?? I want to be able to cut out a name or phrase, and it be all together, not individual letters. Can this be done? Does it depend on the cartridge? Can the original cricut do this? Do I need the cricut software for cutting out whole phrases/names??

TIA!!
Old 02-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #156
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cropmaster2000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deisia View Post
I own both, and I use both. I have the expressions hooked up the my computer. The USB port is for interfacing the cricut to the computer. The software is pretty neat, you can weld, and it actually has helped me not waste as much paper. Because you can rotate and move your choice shapes all over the paper.
Is welding what I think it is??! Can you cut out a name and it not be individual letters?? I want to be able to cut out a name or phrase, and it be all together, not individual letters. Can this be done? Does it depend on the cartridge? Can the original cricut do this? Do I need the cricut software for cutting out whole phrases/names??

TIA!!

Yes, you can do this - but only with the software. That's a huge benefit of having the software. The software opens up unlimited options for Cricut owners.

Photography Site

Old 02-23-2008, 06:54 AM   #157
Cardstock Collector

[QUOTE=cropmaster2000;8857948]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deisia View Post
I own both, and I use both. I have the expressions hooked up the my computer. The USB port is for interfacing the cricut to the computer. The software is pretty neat, you can weld, and it actually has helped me not waste as much paper. Because you can rotate and move your choice shapes all over the paper. QUOTE]

TIA!!
I have welded everything including shapes to make borders to go across the page. It takes a little work, but you have a preview button that allows you to see what you cut, before you cut. Yes, names or places, whatever, can be one word. No more individual letters unlesss you choose. It's a great thing. I'm kind of an addict I suppose. Either cricut can do it. Any cartridge, and yes this requires the software.

Last edited by Deisia; 02-23-2008 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: MOre info
Old 02-25-2008, 09:08 AM   #158
Cardstock Collector

so much great information! thanks ladies
Old 02-28-2008, 06:46 AM   #159
Compulsive Stamper

Smile circut

I was watching the infomercial on the cricut and say that they were using a sticky material that she put on the wall over the door. Has anyone seen this? Anyways i was wondering if anyone knew what this was and where i might be able to get it..
Old 02-28-2008, 06:54 AM   #160
Rubber Obsessor

Are you referring to the wall words, or quotes she put over the door? I too saw the infomercial. It is cricut vinyl, and I just ordered some off of ebay. It is a vinyl with an adhesiving backing. You cut the letters you want, peel off the backing to expose the adhesive and stick it on the wall I can't wait to try it, as the wall words are soooo pricey!
Janice

Never allow disfunctional people to define who you are.