Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #761
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
Thanks for posting this link! I received the expression for my 40th birthday and spent the day reading this entire thread and following all of the links. This was the single most valuable tip here for beginners. I have used the cricut several times, but only new the very basics. The videos on her blog explained all of the features of the expression.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #762
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikivoly View Post
Thanks for posting this link! I received the expression for my 40th birthday and spent the day reading this entire thread and following all of the links. This was the single most valuable tip here for beginners. I have used the cricut several times, but only new the very basics. The videos on her blog explained all of the features of the expression.
hey that's what i got(which was on the first october....)but i barely was just able to order it......(getting impatient.....they havent shipped it yet....but they said it would take up to 48hrs to ship.....lol, dang nab it....)
i think i'm going to love it!!!! i used a friend of mine, her cricut personal cutter and i love it.....sighs, (waiting patiently....or maybe not....lol)

happy belated 40th!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:03 AM   #763
Crimping Master

i've started reading all the posts on here so i can a "heads" up on the info. i do plan on joining some cricut "help" sites and such cuz i know i'm going to be reading and needing some help, lol. i didnt realize this thing did so much and i dont even have it yet!!! (as of 10min, they still havent shipped it....but it hasnt been 48 hrs either, lol...i thought i was going to be patient right????? lol )

seriously though, alot of info so dont shoot me if i ask some "dumb" questions ok
Old 10-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #764
Crimping Master

WAHOOOOOOOOOO, it shipped this morn at 7:45am......yehawwww!!!!! (ok, i'm calm, really i am.....)(puts her face to the windows....where you at UPS man?????)
Old 10-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #765
Rubber Obsessor

Good afternoon everyone. I am thinking about getting a Cricut, probably just the little one, but would love the big one. Does anyone know of anyplace that has a really good deal on these?

http://cropmomscraftycards.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #766
Crimping Master

Hey everybody- quick question - where do i go to see what each cartridge has? I know you have all spoke about it before- thanks for the info.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #767
Matboard Maniac

Default cartridge samples

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls1guy View Post
Hey everybody- quick question - where do i go to see what each cartridge has? I know you have all spoke about it before- thanks for the info.
Cricut.com is where I went. Click on product, then cartridges, then the individual cartridge you are interested in. There's a box in the top right that says "cartridge sample" and it will show you what it looks like. I printed out sheets for every cartridge I have and put them in my sample duotang (has samples of all stamps, inks, pens, markers, embossing folders, punches, etc) so I can easily pick out what I'm looking for. HTH.

Have fun!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #768
Crimping Master

Humm. I tried Cricut.com and customcrop has more detailed information but i thought there was a place that had a directory basicly. Maybe in a spreadsheet form- with the contents shown and the name of the cartridge. I can't believe cricut has made 100 cartridges- oy!
Old 10-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #769
gio
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
Unfortunately she can't set it to 11" and 3/4" both. The size for fit to length is set on the same dial as the regular size. I think she will have to use DSS or piece the fences together.
You are right. I tried the fit to length and it doesn't work. I need to piece the fence together. Looks like DDS is on my list to buy list. I think the software would really take the Cricut expression to the next step and be well worth the insvestment. Thanks for all your help ladies.

Gabriel , Isabelle, Olivia
My three inspirations
Old 10-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #770
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommarocks View Post
hey that's what i got(which was on the first october....)but i barely was just able to order it......(getting impatient.....they havent shipped it yet....but they said it would take up to 48hrs to ship.....lol, dang nab it....)
i think i'm going to love it!!!! i used a friend of mine, her cricut personal cutter and i love it.....sighs, (waiting patiently....or maybe not....lol)

happy belated 40th!!!!!

I have friend that got one for her 40th too! It must be the cool gift for 40 year old women.

Where did you order yours? I got mine from customcrops.com
Old 10-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #771
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
You are right. I tried the fit to length and it doesn't work. I need to piece the fence together. Looks like DDS is on my list to buy list. I think the software would really take the Cricut expression to the next step and be well worth the insvestment. Thanks for all your help ladies.
They're having a sale over at www.cricutmachine.com
If you buy certain cartridges for $60.00 you get the Design Studio or Jukebox FREE!!!! I just ordered one to get the Jukebox.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #772
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls1guy View Post
Humm. I tried Cricut.com and customcrop has more detailed information but i thought there was a place that had a directory basicly. Maybe in a spreadsheet form- with the contents shown and the name of the cartridge. I can't believe cricut has made 100 cartridges- oy!
Did you find what your looking for? I know Cricut has a picture of all their carts. I've gone there many times.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #773
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcards View Post
If you buy certain cartridges for $60.00 you get the Design Studio or Jukebox FREE!!!! I just ordered one to get the Jukebox.
Oh, man, don't tell me that! I just got 3 cartridges on ebay and I so want another jukebox. I have one but need another one (actually 2more). Ok, off to look.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #774
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikivoly View Post
I have friend that got one for her 40th too! It must be the cool gift for 40 year old women.

Where did you order yours? I got mine from customcrops.com
i ordered from HSN.com and they had various cricut bundles. depends on your "limit" and what all you "want"(lol) or "need"(i have to have it!!!, lol).....

(counting down the days to arrival.....)
Old 10-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #775
Crimping Master

(shhhhhhhhh, it's me........it's in-state already!!!!! wahooooooooooo)
Old 10-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #776
Crimping Master

i couldnt sleep last night and checked....(yes, i know it's annoying, but i'm excited what can i say....) that it's already in route to be delivered....TODAY!!!!!! wahoooooooooooo!!!

i saw this link on cricut.com cause i know someone was asking on where people were getting their cricuts....

http://www.cricut.com/education/
i'm not an educator, but this deal looks like it rocks!!!!

(puts face to window.....looks around for that big brown truck......)
Old 10-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #777
Gabfest Goddess

That educators deal works out to about $40.00 per cart. With a free cric included that might be a pretty good deal!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #778
Insane Embellisher

mommarocks, I know exactly how you feel, I have only had my CE 2 weeks and I was so excited when mine arrived, and I have drove my poor husband crazy, telling him how much I love my cricut, lol, I know crazy. Deer season opens here this weekend, so I have my 2 days all planned out, while he goes hunting, I am staying in my pjs in my craftroom, only to come out for food and bathroom breaks, hehe, have fun when it arrives!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #779
Gabfest Goddess

Here is a place I like to go and explore:

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tt.aspx?forumid=82

If it is already posted, my apologies.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:30 AM   #780
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelsmom View Post
mommarocks, I know exactly how you feel, I have only had my CE 2 weeks and I was so excited when mine arrived, and I have drove my poor husband crazy, telling him how much I love my cricut, lol, I know crazy. Deer season opens here this weekend, so I have my 2 days all planned out, while he goes hunting, I am staying in my pjs in my craftroom, only to come out for food and bathroom breaks, hehe, have fun when it arrives!
bathroom breaks?????? we dont need those....rofl, lol......that's what depends are for!! (rethinks that.....ehhh, maybe not).......
my dd told me this morning that we needed to watch the infomercial on the cricut......ok, how does she know there was even an infomercial on it? lol...but i'm glad i did watch it cuz it showed how to do wonder-under on material in the cricut!!!! wayyy cool
Old 10-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #781
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelsmom View Post

LOL! Take the food to the craft room with you .....

Now, the bathroom... can't help you there. I have a bathroom in my Haven. LOL!!

I hope all of you new Cricuteers enjoy your new bugs. SO much fun.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #782
Crimping Master

it's here!!!!!!!!!!!! i havent even opened the box!! see how bad i am....i was in route to do a rush fedex drop off for my hubby and i saw the ups truck and turned around...lol....the delivery guy is like "you really must want this huh?" lol, rofl......he asked what it was and kind of jokingly harrassed me about it and wished me luck.....so i'm going to finally crack open the box......
Old 10-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #783
Crimping Master

ok....heehehehehehe i'm so giddy...this is wayyyy too cool, but i'm going to have to wait cuz my dd is more into this and i really cant open anything....

the cartridges came with cricut rewards, or at least one of the carts did...do all the carts come with these?

i thought i was going to have to go to HL tomorrow for a spatula then rememered it came with one . but i may end up going anyways cuz carts are on sale and i didnt get a christmas one....lol......

what do you recommend i do first besides get familiar with the equipment?
Old 10-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #784
Crimping Master

i pushed the button too soon, sorry....i will prob get the deep cut blade thingie...the doodlebug charm cart comes with some shapes that could be made into xmas decorations out of chipboard......wahoooooooooo
Old 10-15-2009, 05:44 AM   #785
Crimping Master

i havent been able to read the booklet yet on the cricut studio software, but does anyone know if you can import your own shapes into the program and cut?? my husband got this bright idea(lol.....this coming from the same guy who thought the cricut was dumb....i know, bite his tongue right....lol, rofl..) of cutting out our company logo.....
Old 10-15-2009, 06:16 AM   #786
Glitter Guru

Quote:
i havent been able to read the booklet yet on the cricut studio software, but does anyone know if you can import your own shapes into the program and cut?? my husband got this bright idea(lol.....this coming from the same guy who thought the cricut was dumb....i know, bite his tongue right....lol, rofl..) of cutting out our company logo.....
YOu can only import a file that was created on Design Studio. You can create your own images and designs by welding images from the cartridges you have. I use the George cartridge a lot for this because it has all your basic shapes. Can you post a picture of the logo?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:17 AM   #787
Glitter Guru

Quote:
ok....heehehehehehe i'm so giddy...this is wayyyy too cool, but i'm going to have to wait cuz my dd is more into this and i really cant open anything....

the cartridges came with cricut rewards, or at least one of the carts did...do all the carts come with these?

i thought i was going to have to go to HL tomorrow for a spatula then rememered it came with one . but i may end up going anyways cuz carts are on sale and i didnt get a christmas one....lol......

what do you recommend i do first besides get familiar with the equipment?
Just start playing with it!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #788
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmtinsley View Post
YOu can only import a file that was created on Design Studio. You can create your own images and designs by welding images from the cartridges you have. I use the George cartridge a lot for this because it has all your basic shapes. Can you post a picture of the logo?
i can post one, but i think you've already answered my question cause the logo was an original, done in photoshop in (if i understand correctly)pdf layered form or something like that...hey i never claimed i understood this stuff....lol...anyways!!! i will ask dh when he has a minute to see if it can be done in design studio.....
Old 10-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #789
Crimping Master

thanks, sorry....laptop is going bonkers on me.....
Old 10-16-2009, 03:47 AM   #790
Crimping Master

i finally got to play some yesterday(night)....will play more when all "distractions" are in school....lol

question: chipboard. it dont cut all the way thru it. i went and got the deep cut blade, have the blade on six, the pressure on max(if i understood the lady in the video correctly...) and it cuts it, but it doesnt cut all the way through. what might i be doing wrong? does it cut all the way thru normally?

another question: the mat is super mondo sticky. i know it's supposed to be that way, but it curls the paper when i gently pull it off.

thanks for all the help.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:16 AM   #791
Crimping Master

you need to still use the multi cut function on the cricut to get through chip board. I thought that was why I spent the extra money on the deep cut blade to avoide that but nope!! and the mats are super sticky. If you are using paper, then I would either rub the mat on your jeans or stick your hands on it or flip on the carpet just a little to get some of the stick off..it is kind of a catch 22 because the sticky wears off rather quickly then you need to use spray adhesive to make it sticky again, but I agree it is way to sticky to begin with
Old 10-16-2009, 04:25 AM   #792
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsrlb View Post
you need to still use the multi cut function on the cricut to get through chip board. I thought that was why I spent the extra money on the deep cut blade to avoide that but nope!! and the mats are super sticky. If you are using paper, then I would either rub the mat on your jeans or stick your hands on it or flip on the carpet just a little to get some of the stick off..it is kind of a catch 22 because the sticky wears off rather quickly then you need to use spray adhesive to make it sticky again, but I agree it is way to sticky to begin with
you are awesome!!! it did it.......i was really starting to get frustrated cuz i read the instructions and couldnt find anything......but now i have to get one kiddo to school.....lol

thanks!!!!
the multifunction option was the key on this issue
Old 10-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #793
Crimping Master

ok....back from running errands, getting kids glasses fixed.....

what is it about the multi function that helps with cutting into chipboard? it worked great....just curious is all...i plan on loading the design studio software today.....from what everyone else has said, the george basic shapes cart is a good one to have.....guess i will have to go get it.......sometime,lol.....
Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 AM   #794
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcards View Post
Cool - thanks so much! I had BD $ that I had been saving. I ordered 2 so I can get another Jukebox and the Design Studio. I've been wanting to try the DS but I wasn't sure I would like it. Getting it for free is great so if I don't like it at least I have a cartridge I like! WooHoo!!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #795
Crimping Master

i'm bummed now. i was planning to go to HL and get the george basic cart, but design studio already came with it .......lol....well dang nab it....lol.......this is cool though!!!

is there a difference in the version that's on the software then the actual physical cartridge?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #796
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
i'm bummed now. i was planning to go to HL and get the george basic cart, but design studio already came with it .......lol....well dang nab it....lol.......this is cool though!!!

is there a difference in the version that's on the software then the actual physical cartridge?
Design Studio will show you all the cartridges; but in order to cut with them, you must have the physical cartridges.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #797
Rubber Obsessor

Default Pretty disgusted

I've had my Expression for 2 weeks now and I cannot even begin to describe the amount of expensive paper I have wasted trying to get a clean cut from my Cricut. I need help. Is there a cheat sheet with cutting settings to use when cutting Bazzill or Papertrey Ink cardstock? Now matter what do my pieces are shredded or not cut completely through the page. I am also using Scal 2.0 so the multi cut option isn't an option.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #798
Pearl-ExPert

Just got my cricut today. I'm having a terrible time reading this post and pronouncing it correctly because my oh so grammatical self wants to say CRY cut instead of cricket!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #799
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblesistersmom View Post
Just got my cricut today. I'm having a terrible time reading this post and pronouncing it correctly because my oh so grammatical self wants to say CRY cut instead of cricket!

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #800
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaibauer View Post
I've had my Expression for 2 weeks now and I cannot even begin to describe the amount of expensive paper I have wasted trying to get a clean cut from my Cricut. I need help. Is there a cheat sheet with cutting settings to use when cutting Bazzill or Papertrey Ink cardstock? Now matter what do my pieces are shredded or not cut completely through the page. I am also using Scal 2.0 so the multi cut option isn't an option.
You should be able to multi cut with scal. If there isn't a multi cut option (I have scal 2 but haven't really used it much yet) you can just copy and paste the shape over itself and it should cut it out twice.

Be sure the blade housing is set to 6. Not sure what other settings you can change or modify via SCAL2.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥