Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cricut Cutting Tool at WalMart Friday

A friend of mine turned me onto a website that has the black friday ads posted early. Was scanning it and found this ad for Wal Mart.

http://bfads.net/Cricut-Cutting-Tool-at-WalMart
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I guess with all the recent posts about this, we should have a mini-SCS get together in the craft isle at walmart - say about 6AM. EST..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:23 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Oh man, this is a tough decision! I wanted to get the bigger one, but with the smaller one this cheap, it is tempting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't know if this is a different machine/box than the one in Walmart today but it might be wise to go buy it now and take it back Friday a.m. for a price adjustment? I think there will be lots of crowds and very little product - yikes! Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 07:29 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinscrapnewbieView Post
I don't know if this is a different machine/box than the one in Walmart today but it might be wise to go buy it now and take it back Friday a.m. for a price adjustment? I think there will be lots of crowds and very little product - yikes! Kim
Will they do that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinscrapnewbieView Post
They won't give you the price adjustment for a product bought the previous day on the specials on Friday. Sorry! (I was a customer service assoicate for 3 yrs there, just recently had to retire due to health reasons).

The products shown in the ad for Friday for the set hours for the special. After 11AM the prices will automaticaly go back to nornal prices. Controlled by WM in Bentonville, AR.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 08:13 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

My mom sent me the ad it it says two cartridges, but the ones in our store only has one cartridge. So it must be a special bundle that they are getting in. I too worked for Walmart for many years, as a department manager and I know that most of the items on that special ad are sent in specifically for that ad that day.

I have the original and the Expressions machines.. I love the Expressions.. hands down way worth the money and the two cartridges it comes with are way better then the two my original came with (got it from QVC so I got the Doodletype cartridge and George).

Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

My Walmart only had the box with one cartridge. I asked the lady in the department, she said they generally have a meeting with the employees when the ads come out to explain what the specials are. She said I should check back with them late tomorrow or Thursday morning to see if they have any and what the special will be. She said if it is a early bird deal it starts at 5:00 am. My DH said he would go that early if I really want to use my stamping savings for one. I just don't know. It will take half the money I have saved. Thank could buy a lot of stamps or more things for the CB my DH got me for Christmas.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Yes, it is a special bundle! There is an additional cartridge called Keystroke or something like that. I already own the big and little bug but am tempted to buy this one just for the bonus cartridge then sell the bug and George. I will already be at WM at 4:45 am and one just might fall in my cart.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

They are also going on sale at Michaels too for about the same price with the tool kit included.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I saw the Wal mart one, and considered getting it. Haven't heard or seen anything about the Michaels one though....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

I think the one with the extra cart is the best deal in my opinion. I have the tool kit and have used it once in the past 10 months. They are valued at around $20-24 where a cartridge is valued at $59 and up.

Hope you ladies can find the best deal for you!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Bummer! What about returning it Fri a.m. and immediately rebuying it there at the c/s desk? I already have the big one but Robyn below had a great idea to just get the new cartridge and sell the rest. But 4:00 a.m. is awfully early - seems to get earlier every year. I just saw JcPenney is opening at that time too. Have fun! Kim

[QUOTE=travelinscrapper;7778465]They won't give you the price adjustment for a product bought the previous day on the specials on Friday. Sorry! (I was a customer service assoicate for 3 yrs there, just recently had to retire due to health reasons).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

[QUOTE=stampinscrapnewbie;7779578]Bummer! What about returning it Fri a.m. and immediately rebuying it there at the c/s desk? I already have the big one but Robyn below had a great idea to just get the new cartridge and sell the rest. But 4:00 a.m. is awfully early - seems to get earlier every year. I just saw JcPenney is opening at that time too. Have fun! Kim

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelinscrapperView Post
They won't give you the price adjustment for a product bought the previous day on the specials on Friday. Sorry! (I was a customer service assoicate for 3 yrs there, just recently had to retire due to health reasons).
They will not do that. It HAS to be bought during blitz and the hrs are generally 5AM to 11AM...Your receipt will show you bought on Thursday.
You will have to get up EARLY to be able to get it at the price they are advertising. ALSO if it'a a bundle, they won't be out on the sales floor until 5AM. So the one in the store isn't the one that will be on the blitz ad.

Sorry, but if you want the Cricut with the 2 carts, you will have to be there at 5 AM when the store reopens. AND remember some stores won't get that many of these items. Sometimes they are only shipped maybe 10 and other stuff that will sell really fast a couple of pallets.

I've worked blitz and it's not fun, but you can get bargains, the secret to this whole thing is...if you want it cheap, you have to give up sleep to do it.

But I will tell you this...you won't be able to buy it on Thurs and return it on Friday and get the sale price. Wrong item. The bar codes will be different.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 08:00 AM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

One of our local Wal-Mart had about 15 of them out last night for the sale price listed in the Black Friday brochure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #16  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbirk52View Post
One of our local Wal-Mart had about 15 of them out last night for the sale price listed in the Black Friday brochure.
They aren't suppose to. The ad prices aren't suppose to be good until Friday morning at 5AM.

And are you completely sure it's the SAME product. Does it have 2 carts in it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Absolutly sure! Bought one, ticket rang up Cricut Hlday 119.00. Had the George and the new Keystone cartridge with it. Several people on another board said their Wal-Mart had them out yesterday, so I checked ours. Glad I don't have to get up at 4am. It woul be worth checking your store. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #18  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Absolutly sure! Bought one, ticket rang up Cricut Hlday 119.00. Had the George and the new Keystone cartridge with it. Several people on another board said their Wal-Mart had them out yesterday, so I checked ours. Glad I don't have to get up at 4am. It woul be worth checking your store. Good luck!
You got a pre Thanksgiving bargain...good for you!!! I'm so surprised that they had them in the system for that price already. My store never put stuff out until 3AM when they closed/locked the doors and reopen at 5AM.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow cool - way to go! Kim
Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

You got a pre Thanksgiving bargain...good for you!!! I'm so surprised that they had them in the system for that price already. My store never put stuff out until 3AM when they closed/locked the doors and reopen at 5AM.
Is your store open typically for 24 hours? We have a supercenter and I'm trying to decide which WM to go to on Friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #21  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber31View Post
Is your store open typically for 24 hours? We have a supercenter and I'm trying to decide which WM to go to on Friday.
Yes...all 3 of our stores in town are open 24 hrs. And they are all supercenters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Yes...all 3 of our stores in town are open 24 hrs. And they are all supercenters.
Thanks - I was wondering if the superstores would close at all or if people would hang out early to beat the rush.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

They will not do that. It HAS to be bought during blitz and the hrs are generally 5AM to 11AM...Your receipt will show you bought on Thursday.
You will have to get up EARLY to be able to get it at the price they are advertising. ALSO if it'a a bundle, they won't be out on the sales floor until 5AM. So the one in the store isn't the one that will be on the blitz ad.

Sorry, but if you want the Cricut with the 2 carts, you will have to be there at 5 AM when the store reopens. AND remember some stores won't get that many of these items. Sometimes they are only shipped maybe 10 and other stuff that will sell really fast a couple of pallets.

I've worked blitz and it's not fun, but you can get bargains, the secret to this whole thing is...if you want it cheap, you have to give up sleep to do it.

But I will tell you this...you won't be able to buy it on Thurs and return it on Friday and get the sale price. Wrong item. The bar codes will be different.
Actually, I got this email from black friday info today:

This is a general Black Friday alert to give you a heads up for what to
expect tonight into Black Friday. First up, BestBuy has announced that
they are putting their Black Friday items for sale online tonight at
midnight. We expect other retailers such as Walmart and Circuit City to
also put their items for sale online very early in the morning and
throughout the day on Thanksgiving right into Black Friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Here is what the Keystone cartridge looks like that is included in the Walmart special. Just scroll down and you will see it.

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/t...2&mpage=2&key=

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

I couldn't resist, so I ran out to WM tonight. There are none out there. But they don't carry any bug merchandise anyway, so we'll see. They had a ton of people putting out all the pallets for Friday, with signs on them ("not for sale until Friday at 5am"). I searched the piled up stuff but didn't see the bug.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 04:07 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Where is the website to find out what many stores are having for Black Friday specials?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 06:03 PM   #27  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kheila KirwanView Post
Where is the website to find out what many stores are having for Black Friday specials?
http://bfads.net/ is one.........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #28  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I went to 2 local stores. They both had a couple but none of them had the extra cartridge so I didn't even bother to see if it would ring up at the BF price. The closest walmart isn't a super walmart and never have much inventory (to be honest I was surpised to see that they even had a cricut.). So while it's a great price but there's no way I'm getting up at 4 am to fight for a parking space only to find out that only 3 were available.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks a lot DixieCurl. I'm going to check it out!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 01:31 AM   #30  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you miss out at Wal Mart, creativexpress.com has the baby bug for 119.00, but not sure what it will come with.

The expressions "bundle" will be on sale at AC Moore for $299, but again, no idea on what is in the bundle.

Happy Shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 05:12 AM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Our Walmart put the bundles out yesterday morning at 9 am. I found out around 5pm and asked why they were already on the floor, they said that they had 27 and were worried that they wouldn't sell them ~ like they still have all the ones they got a couple of years ago! the craft dept. in our store really stinks ~ the ladies that work there know nothing about crafting.. you ask them a question and they give you a "duhh" look. I worked for WM for many years and our craft dept. lady was always on top of things. Anyways.. my dad went last night and got one for my mom. The keystone cartridge that comes in the WM bundle is a pretty neat alphabet.
Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 06:19 AM   #32  
Kookie Creator

Michaels cricut complete fri and sat for $129.99 is still the best deal. That keystone cart with the walmart bundle is very basic and boring! I doubt I would use that much. Plus don't most people who have a cricut buy aditional carts eventually, and keystone is so much like other carts, doubt i would ever use it for than once, but i know i would need the extra mats and blades that come in the complete set at michaels!
from michaels website:
Exclusive to Michaels, the Cricut� Complete set from Provo Craft offers all you need to release your creative potential! In addition to the revolutionary Cricut� Personal Electronic Cutter�, the set also contains the Cricut George with Basic Shapes� font cartridge, one Celebrations� paper pad, one Rainbow� cardstock pad, one power adapter, three cutting mats, one Cricut paper trimmer, one Cricut tool kit, one Cricut spatula tool, two Cricut replacement blades, and the Quick Start Guide and Manuals. Whether you�re a parent, educator, or crafter of any sort, with so many different materials at your fingertips you�re sure to make the most of the exciting Cricut cutting system

Our michaels opens at 6 am, and we only have 16 to sell, get there early girls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 07:51 AM   #33  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kheila KirwanView Post
I use blackfridayinfo.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 08:01 AM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenmac820View Post
Michaels cricut complete fri and sat for $129.99 is still the best deal. That keystone cart with the walmart bundle is very basic and boring! I doubt I would use that much. Plus don't most people who have a cricut buy aditional carts eventually, and keystone is so much like other carts, doubt i would ever use it for than once, but i know i would need the extra mats and blades that come in the complete set at michaels!
from michaels website:
Exclusive to Michaels, the Cricut� Complete set from Provo Craft offers all you need to release your creative potential! In addition to the revolutionary Cricut� Personal Electronic Cutter�, the set also contains the Cricut George with Basic Shapes� font cartridge, one Celebrations� paper pad, one Rainbow� cardstock pad, one power adapter, three cutting mats, one Cricut paper trimmer, one Cricut tool kit, one Cricut spatula tool, two Cricut replacement blades, and the Quick Start Guide and Manuals. Whether you�re a parent, educator, or crafter of any sort, with so many different materials at your fingertips you�re sure to make the most of the exciting Cricut cutting system

Our michaels opens at 6 am, and we only have 16 to sell, get there early girls!
Is that really a better deal even though it costs $10 more? I was questioning buying the one at WM because I don't really like the Keystone cart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 09:19 AM   #35  
Kookie Creator

Default cricut carts on sale at michaels 1/2 price!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrskelly2uView Post
Is that really a better deal even though it costs $10 more? I was questioning buying the one at WM because I don't really like the Keystone cart.
Yes, because all the stuff you get is worth it!
The tool kit $30.00 value
the cutting mats $15 value
the refill blades $10 value
the 2 paper pads $12 value
the cricut paper trimmer $10 value

that's $77 or more worth of stuff. And $25 of that is stuff you will need eventually anyways, the mats and blades.

To me, that keystone alphabet is a waste, there are much better carts than that out there.

Plus cricut cartridges are going to be on sale for $44.99 (that's 50% off!)

Last edited by jenmac820; 11-22-2007 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: mispelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenmac820View Post
Yes, because all the stuff you get is worth it!
The tool kit $30.00 value
the cutting mats $15 value
the refill blades $10 value
the 2 paper pads $12 value
the cricut paper trimmer $10 value

that's $77 or more worth of stuff. And $25 of that is stuff you will need eventually anyways, the mats and blades.

To me, that keystone alphabet is a waste, there are much better carts than that out there.

Plus cricut cartridges are going to be on sale for $44.99 (that's 50% off!)
Thanks for your help and input! I'm going to get the Michaels one. I'm going to try getting there by 5:30 tomorrow (YIKES!!!) because I don't know how many they will have or how many people will show up at opening to snag it. Let's just hope I don't oversleep!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 01:26 AM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well I can say the Cricut @ my walmart was unpopular - I didn't get to see any fellow SCS'ers this morning :(

I think the Cricut was not on sale for BF, but was regular priced for another type of sale - because it rang up before 5AM.

The only places in my walmart that seen any visitors was electronics and toys... I saw people puting toy after toy after toy into their carts (yes, I said carts -they were kinda in a train-like formation)...

Not that I want to judge those folks, but seriously - do kids need that many toys! I should retract that, now that I'm staring around my craft room

I was thinking about fighting the Michaels crowd this morning, but I decided against it. I don't need the tool set, since I already have similar tools (OMG, Ijust said I don't need something)... so this is fine for me to start with.

Good luck SCS'ers - I hope you get what your looking for today..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 02:08 AM   #38  
Mad Swapper

My DH is currently fightling the crowds at Walmart to get me one. He called to say he has one in his cart. About 5 other people were there right away this morning. In passing by on his way from some other items he noticed more on the pallet were gone. We don't have a Michael's anywhere near this blessed town.
SANTA GOT ME A CRICUT!!! "Chirp" baby "Chirp" I need to look for a smily with antenea.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 02:24 AM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbmusicView Post
My DH is currently fightling the crowds at Walmart to get me one. He called to say he has one in his cart. About 5 other people were there right away this morning. In passing by on his way from some other items he noticed more on the pallet were gone. We don't have a Michael's anywhere near this blessed town.
SANTA GOT ME A CRICUT!!! "Chirp" baby "Chirp" I need to look for a smily with antenea.

Too bad you don't live near me... there were 10 on an endcap in crafts (facing towards the back wall of the store). Not a soul in sight in the crafts section... although the crowds were growing when I was there... I plan on staying in today
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 02:26 AM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbmusicView Post

Too bad you don't live near me... there were 10 on an endcap in crafts (facing towards the back wall of the store). Not a soul in sight in the crafts section... although the crowds were growing when I was there... I plan on staying in today
Reply With Quote Likes