Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cricut Create or Expression????

I'm going to buy one or the other this weekend and can't make up my mind! I have the orriginal bug and it's time for an upgrade I just can't make up my mind which one I want/need I like the size of the create but I also like the option of cutting things larger than 12" with the Ebug but I don't know if I would use that size enough to justify the extra cost and space it would take up. What to do, what to do?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I have the Create and love it. That being said, I often lament, thinking I should have gotten the bigger one. HOwever, when my mom offered to buy my Create so I could buy an Expression, I turned her down! I have a friend with the Expression and keep telling myself if I ever need anything big, I can use hers. I haven't needed to, yet. I think the biggest advantage to the bigger machine is not having to cut down paper all of the time. Now that I have figured out to load one mat while one mat is used to cut, that's helped me out some. I haven't helped much, have I??? hehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

I love my Expression...I can do small cuts for my card making and scrap booking and then cut larger items for home decor and school projects. I say go big...by the BIG BUG! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2009, 03:20 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

I recently upgraded to the Expression from the original Cricut. I'm not (gasp) a scrapbooker at all; cards, altered items, and such only for me. I didn't think I "needed" the bigger one, but my DD and a LSS shop owner convinced me I did. (DDs ulterior motive was to inherit the baby Cricut.) Don't regret it at all. So many more options on the Expression make it the better choice in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2009, 03:36 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stampindad....If you already have the original Cricut, then to get the Create would be nearly the same. You would be only adding a few more features which you really can't take full advantage of due to the small size of the machine. In my opinion, then you may as well just keep the original Cricut. there's not enough difference to make it worth it.

When having the Expression, you can take full advantage of the features as they were meant to be used.

You don't have to be a scrap booker to think that would be the real only reason to have the Expression. The Expression has many features that can be used with smaller projects also. (I am not a scrap booker and I have the Cricut and Expression and don't regret the additional purchase at all!)

Yes, the Expression is a bit more in cost and size, but as many Expression owners have stated, it's well worth it. Obviously, no one can spend your money, but can only give opinions as to the advantages. You have to make the final decision. I would only suggest that you purchase the Expression in a store rather than over the internet. Skip the shipping expense and the wait time for it to be delivered. Also, save the worry that the machine get damaged in transit and need to be returned.

These are just my opinions as others have their own. In the end, the decision is up to you to decide.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2009, 03:38 AM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

I would go with the E because You can still cut small cuts and you still have the big cut too! I got the Create I love it but I would really love the E to do bigger cuts. I would not trade my Create bug for anything. and other thing is how much space do you have?
space is my prob.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2009, 05:24 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I'm another one encouraging you to upgrade to the Expression. I started with the Obug, and I still have it. When given the option of the Create or the Expression I went with the Expression. Size and features were the factors for going to the larger machine. The Create and Expression let you increase by 1/4" and the extra features which the Obug doesn't, so upgrading was an easy choice.

What tipped the choice to the Expression was the fact that I could cut up to 12x24". You wouldn't think that was necessary until you want to make boxes or bags. I got the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More and Paper Pup cartridges in a free promotional shortly after purchasing the Obug and that TBBM cartridge didn't get used much. The sizes were too small on the 6x12 cutting size.

I now use the Expression more than the Obug, but having the ability to cut gift boxes is sure nice. I also purchased Wild Card and I can make card and envelopes. Which I've heard are a challenge on the Create, again it's a size issue.

Good Luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2009, 05:56 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I'd have to say the biggest difference in the 2 is the fact that the Expression can cut as small as 1/4" and go all the way up to 23"...To me this is the bonus! I use to have the regular cricut....I really did like it...but I'm limited on sizes... I use to scrapbook a ton...but now I just make cards and I tell ya...making something at the right size for my cards is awesome! The Expression is also perfect for a much larger quanity...so if you need to make invites for a b-day party or something...you can make a much larger quanity on the bigger cricut and get them done fairly quicker too! You just need to decide what exactly your needs are going to be...and then decide which one is going to be perfect for those needs! I gave my mom my little bug...she loves it and she knows she can use mine if she needs a different size than what she has...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 06:35 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Yup, a little late here but hoping you got the expressions. You won't be sorry if you did. I'm glad I upgraded.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 06:51 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you like to make envelopes for your cards or want bags & boxes that will hold something larger than a single Hershey's Kiss, I suggest the Expression. Envelopes, bags, and boxes are cut from a single sheet of paper and then folded 4+ times to create the item. If you start out with a small sheet of paper, you're going to end up with a minuscule item!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2009, 07:46 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

I would say the Expression. I just bought the Create and haven't really done much with it yet, but I'm already thinking about upgrading to the Expression at some point. As someone else pointed out, you aren't going to be able to do much more with the create than you can do with the original. Since you already have one, I would try to find the best deal online and keep looking for a while. I don't remember where, but I did see the Expression brand new for $215 somewhere online (about 2 weeks after I bought my Create for about 30 less). Keep an eye for the bargains and you may not have to pay much extra compared to the create.
Reply With Quote Likes