Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 01:42 PM   #2321
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
I don't usually remember to check this thread, I usually am on the fun and games one. But I started reading it this morning, and saw that the carts are on sale at Michaels......so I had to go and get the Mickey font since I actually had a little $ for once, lol. Love it!!! I can't wait to use it! I'm going to a scrapbooking retreat this weekend, so I'm sure it will get a lot of use, lol.

I remember to check because I check my threads through my User CP. Since I'm subscribed to the thread, my User CP tells me when it has been updated.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #2322
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynstamps View Post
I did it!!!! I can't believe it!!! I just bid on an Expression online from Custom Crops (because I need to pay by Paypal) and I actually won it for $290!! With shipping it will be $314 which is a pretty good deal. I decided not to get the AC Moore bundle because I don't really want Paper Pups and I might buy Stretch Your Imagination separately later.

I can't believe I actually did it!!! My DH said to wait until tomorrow. Oops!
Congrats Robyn! I got a shipping notice today so mine will be here sometime next week! YIPPEEEE!!!!

Pages completed for summer challenge: 32
Pages completed in 2009: 110 12x12 & 86 8x8
Pages completed in 2008: 242
Old 09-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #2323
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I remember to check because I check my threads through my User CP. Since I'm subscribed to the thread, my User CP tells me when it has been updated.
What's a User CP, where is it located, and how do I use it? (I don't ask for much, do I? lol)
Old 09-20-2007, 08:13 PM   #2324
Gallery Gazer

Hi Molly & Amy! Long time no talk!

Can't wait for my Expression. Has anyone ordered their Ebug from Custom Crops? I wonder how long it will take. My Cuttin' Up cartridge took about 3 days.

My Gallery
Old 09-21-2007, 02:32 AM   #2325
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Can't wait for my Expression. Has anyone ordered their Ebug from Custom Crops? I wonder how long it will take. My Cuttin' Up cartridge took about 3 days.
Hi Robyn! I ordered mine from hallmark scrapbook. If your cartridge only took 3 days from them, then your e-bug probably won't take long either.

Last edited by hart2heart; 09-21-2007 at 02:41 AM..
Old 09-21-2007, 02:34 AM   #2326
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

YIKES! This site is crazy! Double post again. Sorry.

Last edited by hart2heart; 09-21-2007 at 02:40 AM..
Old 09-21-2007, 03:04 AM   #2327
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
What's a User CP, where is it located, and how do I use it? (I don't ask for much, do I? lol)
At the top of the page on the right side you should see a "Welcome danssister". Click on that. On the left hand side of that page, click on List Subscriptions. This will list the threads you've posted in

Or, right above where it shows how many pages are in a specific thread you should see "Quick Links". Click that and then click "Subscribed Threads".

I have my account set up to email me whenever someone posts in a thread that I've posted in. Then I just click the link in the email to bring me to the thread.

Kimberly
Old 09-21-2007, 07:11 AM   #2328
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN View Post
At the top of the page on the right side you should see a "Welcome danssister". Click on that. On the left hand side of that page, click on List Subscriptions. This will list the threads you've posted in

Or, right above where it shows how many pages are in a specific thread you should see "Quick Links". Click that and then click "Subscribed Threads".

I have my account set up to email me whenever someone posts in a thread that I've posted in. Then I just click the link in the email to bring me to the thread.

Kimberly
Thanks! I printed this out so I can try it out later.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:12 AM   #2329
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hi Robyn! Missed you!

I hope you get your expression soon!
Old 09-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #2330
Crimping Master

Hi, Ladies. I usually lurk in this thread but I'm so excited that I had tell someone and knew you could relate. I've had my bug for awhile and have been waiting patiently to order PPDU from Kim. Today, while cleaning out my kid's stamping stuff, I realized I still have the SU set called PaperDolls/Paper Pals & Accessories!!! I hope the face stamps and clothing embellishment stamps will work with PPDU!! Can anybody tell me how the bug sized paper dolls compare to the ones SU sold with the Paper doll set?

Also, which cricut tote do you all like? I need to figure out how to haul my stuff around. TIA for any and all help.

Proud to be a SU Demo & USC Gamecock Fan!
Old 09-21-2007, 10:23 AM   #2331
Total Quack

Quote:

Kimberly

You can also go to Quick Links and click on User CP. That's the page I have bookmarked so that I go there directly instead of going through the forums.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #2332
Die Cut Diva

My little Cricut arrived safe and sound this morning. The seller had said that she would include one cartridge with it which turned out to be the Celebrations cartridge. I made a quick trip to Michaels and bought the Zoobaloo and Walk In My Garden cartridges since they were on sale. When I got home, I decided to at least unwrap the machine. I found the George cartridge still plugged in. I emailed the seller because I'm pretty sure she needs that back. (Her email ad only specified one cartridge plus since she didn't include the keypad overlay or book, I'm assuming this wasn't part of the deal.)

Now to find time to play!

Kimberly
Old 09-21-2007, 12:42 PM   #2333
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkymommy View Post
Hi, Ladies. I usually lurk in this thread but I'm so excited that I had tell someone and knew you could relate. I've had my bug for awhile and have been waiting patiently to order PPDU from Kim. Today, while cleaning out my kid's stamping stuff, I realized I still have the SU set called PaperDolls/Paper Pals & Accessories!!! I hope the face stamps and clothing embellishment stamps will work with PPDU!! Can anybody tell me how the bug sized paper dolls compare to the ones SU sold with the Paper doll set?

Also, which cricut tote do you all like? I need to figure out how to haul my stuff around. TIA for any and all help.
Welcome to the thread! I have those sets too and I have been hoping they work. I don't have a cricut tote so I can't help you there.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:55 PM   #2334
Gallery Gazer

Awesome Kimberly!!! Have fun playing!! You picked great cartriges.

My Gallery
Old 09-21-2007, 02:01 PM   #2335
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I did it!!!! I can't believe it!!! I just bid on an Expression online from Custom Crops (because I need to pay by Paypal) and I actually won it for $290!! With shipping it will be $314 which is a pretty good deal. I decided not to get the AC Moore bundle because I don't really want Paper Pups and I might buy Stretch Your Imagination separately later.

I can't believe I actually did it!!! My DH said to wait until tomorrow. Oops!
Okay hi everyone, Great news Robyn! Poor DH! Ohwell It will save him a little bit of $'s so maybe he'll get over it.

I read backwards, so I will just tell you what I do to get to the threads, I dont get emails, because it would clog up my mail box, I open the thread subscription page and I added it as one of my Home pages so it opens up when I log on. I right click on the thread and then click open in NEW TAB for both the Crciut threads. Then I can just click the tab to switch between threads for talking. I can open any thread from the tab I have set as a home page, SO I just refresh it occassionally and I can see if anyone has posted to it recently. I can keep track of my swap threads this way also. You can have an infinate Number of threads open this way. the only thread I get email notifications from is the one Roxie post when shes posted the sketch challenge, which only happens once a week. HTH
Old 09-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #2336
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
.....(Her email ad only specified one cartridge plus since she didn't include the keypad overlay or book, I'm assuming this wasn't part of the deal.) Now to find time to play! Kimberly
too funny... I love george so I hope you get it! If not have fun with your machine... at custon crops(I think, look for previous post) you can order George if you want it.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #2337
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
My little Cricut arrived safe and sound this morning. The seller had said that she would include one cartridge with it which turned out to be the Celebrations cartridge. I made a quick trip to Michaels and bought the Zoobaloo and Walk In My Garden cartridges since they were on sale. When I got home, I decided to at least unwrap the machine. I found the George cartridge still plugged in. I emailed the seller because I'm pretty sure she needs that back. (Her email ad only specified one cartridge plus since she didn't include the keypad overlay or book, I'm assuming this wasn't part of the deal.)

Now to find time to play!

Kimberly
Congrats on your new bug and the cartridges! Have fun playing!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #2338
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I did it!!!! I can't believe it!!!
YEA!!! You are going to LOVE IT! Not that I ever had the 6" one, but it seems to me that having to trim the paper every time would be a pain. I've also been using 8 1/2 x 11 colored copy paper for all this PTA stuff that I somehow got myself wrangled into. (Not going to use the nice scrapbook paper on the "5th grade parents over here" poster, if you know what I mean!

Great price too--you got me beat by ONE dollar! I paid $315 he he

You'll have to tell us how long it take from the time the package hits your floor til you've cut! Hmmmm...which cartridge to use first???
Old 09-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #2339
Glitter Guru

Umm Uhh Hi, remember me??

Shell and Kathy love the new avatars!!

Hey girls what new, not time to change my mind these days let alone do any cricuting

I hardly took any pictures this summer, I am waiting on getting the Nikon D40 ( maybe this weekend!!!) so I didn't take many picture with my other camera, I did take lots of the first day of school for my youngest though, so the little bug will get some use yet.

Aunty Kath got an expressions this morning for pretty cheap on ebay, good thins she is related and we can share our machines and carts.

Well I should get to bed morning comes way to early

C

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 09-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #2340
Insane Embellisher

Yep, I purchased my first cricut Expression. Bid one bid on ebay and got it for 251.00 this morning. Now just to wait for it to arrive safe and sound. Then I can join you "expert, seasoned" cricut girls in conversion. Can't wait.
Kathy
Old 09-21-2007, 11:00 PM   #2341
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post

Hey girls what new, not time to change my mind these days let alone do any cricuting

I hardly took any pictures this summer, I am waiting on getting the Nikon D40 ( maybe this weekend!!!) so I didn't take many picture with my other camera, I did take lots of the first day of school for my youngest though, so the little bug will get some use yet.

Aunty Kath got an expressions this morning for pretty cheap on ebay, good thins she is related and we can share our machines and carts.

C
Hey Conni glad you found time to check in.. Should be fun to try that new machine, and I hope you get agood camera so i can see some more pictures
Old 09-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #2342
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Benko View Post
Yep, I purchased my first cricut Expression. Bid one bid on ebay and got it for 251.00 this morning. Now just to wait for it to arrive safe and sound. Then I can join you "expert, seasoned" cricut girls in conversion. Can't wait.
Kathy
Are you Aunt Kathy,

Welcome to the thread and have fun with that e-bug
Old 09-22-2007, 04:12 AM   #2343
Gallery Gazer

Hi Conni!! You were missed. I hope everyone is healthy in your family and things are going well.

Welcome Kathy!! You will love your bug. I am looking forward to my Expression arriving next week, too.

I hope you all have a great day!

My Gallery
Old 09-22-2007, 04:26 AM   #2344
Total Quack

Quote:

C

Conni!!! Good to hear from you. You sound very busy, but know we've missed you.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:27 AM   #2345
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

C
Hi conni!

Old 09-22-2007, 04:28 AM   #2346
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Kathy
Welcome Kathy! You are going to love the cricut! My e-bug should be here Wednesday. I can't wait!

Old 09-22-2007, 04:53 AM   #2347
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart2heart View Post
Welcome Kathy! You are going to love the cricut! My e-bug should be here Wednesday. I can't wait!
I'm hoping mine is, too, but I haven't received an e-mail confirmation yet. This would be a great week to get it because I'm not as busy as I have been before.

My Gallery
Old 09-22-2007, 06:04 AM   #2348
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I'm hoping mine is, too, but I haven't received an e-mail confirmation yet. This would be a great week to get it because I'm not as busy as I have been before.
Same here. This is the first week in a while that we dont' have something going on every night of the week. This week only Monday and Tuesday, which works out perfect because then my schedule is clear after it arrives. Molly and I are scrapbooking all weekend next weekend too.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:13 AM   #2349
Insane Embellisher

So why are these expressions so cheap right now. In Canada you can't buy the 6" for 300.00. Scrapbook Paradise in Calgary wanted 800.00 for their expressions. I'm glad I left it there. What has been the US price?
Kathy
Old 09-22-2007, 07:24 AM   #2350
Kookie Creator

Default NEW CARTS on PROVOCRAFT.COM

Ok, i was lookking at the website and there are new new new things!!! They vinyl, new papers, but also NEW cartridges. I was jsut moaning that i didnt find what i wanted at michaels during the sale...and no there is one that has stuff for all four seasons!!!

When and where will these be available????

check it out!
http://www.provocraft.com/products/i....php?cl=cricut

jen
Old 09-22-2007, 07:30 AM   #2351
Kookie Creator

AND...you know those USB ports we have wondered about....i just saw the whole Cricut Design Studio software. What do you all think of that? What will it cost I wonder?
Old 09-22-2007, 08:04 AM   #2352
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
So why are these expressions so cheap right now. In Canada you can't buy the 6" for 300.00. Scrapbook Paradise in Calgary wanted 800.00 for their expressions. I'm glad I left it there. What has been the US price?
Kathy
The place I got mine from was offering 2 different prices. Both options came with free shipping. It was $308.99 or for $338.99 you could select an extra cartridge. I did the $338.99 and got going places in addition to the 2 that come with the e-bug. I thought that was a great deal since I got the extra cartridge for $30 and I didn't have to add shipping on top of the price. Now I just have to wait patiently until Wednesday.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #2353
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendem19 View Post
Ok, i was lookking at the website and there are new new new things!!! They vinyl, new papers, but also NEW cartridges. I was jsut moaning that i didnt find what i wanted at michaels during the sale...and no there is one that has stuff for all four seasons!!!

When and where will these be available????

check it out!
http://www.provocraft.com/products/i....php?cl=cricut

jen
Any time between now and Dec.
Kim is doing preorders, JKCrafts has them listed but no release dates.
I have heard Nov. for the christmas ones and the rest in Dec.

Last edited by jostvig; 09-22-2007 at 03:57 PM..
Old 09-22-2007, 10:24 AM   #2354
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
AND...you know those USB ports we have wondered about....i just saw the whole Cricut Design Studio software. What do you all think of that? What will it cost I wonder?
JKCraftshttp://www.jkcrafts.com/has it listed for 90 on their site but they always have sales so I am guessing less than 90 on the whole. I am hoping for closer to 75$

Last edited by jostvig; 09-22-2007 at 10:29 AM..
Old 09-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #2355
Stazon Splitcoast

Herea link to Kims site preorder page for the new carts.

She ships them as soon as they get in. She is great to do business with.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #2356
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Along the same line.... I was thinking about getting the cartridge Beyond Birthdays but then I was wondering if this would really be necessary since the new software will be able to join the letters together. Why buy this cartridge when the new software will able to do this with your existing font cartridges?

I still haven't even turned my baby bug on yet. I decided to move my stamping room around a bit (took the top part off my stamp cabinet and set that on the floor so that now I have more counter top room). Plus I have to finish my current project of putting away all of my newly EZ Mounted individual stamps. I did get the Paper Pups cartridge today though.

Kimberly
Old 09-22-2007, 01:27 PM   #2357
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Kim Slaymaker is going to be selling these for $59 from what I understand. Way good deal!! I'll definitely be purchasing the DSS!

My Gallery
Old 09-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #2358
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Kim Slaymaker is going to be selling these for $59 from what I understand. Way good deal!! I'll definitely be purchasing the DSS!
Wow! Thanks for this tidbit of info! I know where I'll be purchasing MY copy.

Kimberly
Old 09-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #2359
Gallery Gazer

Me, too.

My Gallery
Old 09-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #2360
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
JKCraftshttp://www.jkcrafts.com/has it listed for 90 on their site but they always have sales so I am guessing less than 90 on the whole. I am hoping for closer to 75$
This price includes the cable, with special cricut cable. I imagine they will have the software with out a cable for those who dont need it.

Last edited by jostvig; 09-22-2007 at 03:55 PM..