Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #2001
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynstamps View Post
You're right! I guess I was hopin' for some validation!
COnsider yourself Validated
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #2002
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
COnsider yourself Validated
I asked my DH if I could buy it today but he thought that September would be better for our family. By then I probably won't even want it!! I'm such an instant gratification person with my stamping stuff. This will be good practice for my patience. I know I need to work on that desparately!!

My Gallery
Old 08-03-2007, 11:23 AM   #2003
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Okay, so I know I have been totally MIA on here forever! Too much business going on! I just saw all the Disney Cricut and Cuttlebug stuff yesterday. I'm dying! And Robyn . . . the software will work with BOTH the Cricut and Cricut Expression, am I right? That is sooooooooooooo awesome! Something else I am going to need! Will it only work with the fonts and images you already have on the cartridges? Or will it work with anything else on my computer? I'm stoked!
Wickedly Wonderful Creations
I'm a FREAK!! Check out the latest Control Freaks Blog Tour
2012 Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team
Old 08-03-2007, 07:52 PM   #2004
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I asked my DH if I could buy it today but he thought that September would be better for our family. By then I probably won't even want it!! I'm such an instant gratification person with my stamping stuff. This will be good practice for my patience. I know I need to work on that desparately!!
Robyn September will workout fine. Infact for me I'll be so busy and gone in August, I wouldn't even have time to play with it until the kids are back in school in September, if even then. October is more up my Alley, or December, because I have some new carts I also want, KWIM
Old 08-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #2005
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendybell View Post
Okay, so I know I have been totally MIA on here forever! Too much business going on! I just saw all the Disney Cricut and Cuttlebug stuff yesterday. I'm dying! And Robyn . . . the software will work with BOTH the Cricut and Cricut Expression, am I right? That is sooooooooooooo awesome! Something else I am going to need! Will it only work with the fonts and images you already have on the cartridges? Or will it work with anything else on my computer? I'm stoked!
Hi Wnedy, Welcome back! I was wondering the same thing will it work with the Cricut or is this an E-bug thing?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #2006
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
Hi Wnedy, Welcome back! I was wondering the same thing will it work with the Cricut or is this an E-bug thing?
It will work with both bugs just like the carts work with both. Exciting, huh!!?? I still can't decide if I am getting the ebug or not. I LOVE my little bug and I use it every single day. It's so easy to store and then pull out. I don't know how much room the new one will take up. There are a lot of great things about the big bug but I wonder if I really "need" it. We will see how I feel in a month!!

My Gallery
Old 08-03-2007, 08:59 PM   #2007
Gallery Gazer

Here's more info directly from the Provo Craft blog....

August 03, 2007

A Sneak Peek of Cricut DesignStudio™ and a Quick Note About Cuttlebug

Attention ladies and gentlemen: We have exciting news—the USB port on your Cricut machines now serves a new and exciting purpose! (hooray!!)

Meet Cricut DesignStudio™, a new easy-to-use software that connects your personal computer to your Cricut machine. At the CHA Convention and Trade Show two weeks ago, we offered a sneak peek of the Cricut DesignStudio. It only seems appropriate that we share that info with you too!

So here’s the scoop:
The Cricut DesignStudio program allows you to explore the thousands of letters, shapes, and phrases found in the complete Cricut cartridge library, regardless if you own the cartridges or not. You’ll be able to search for characters using key words and you’ll be able to preview the cartridge content in detail before you buy new cartridges at your local stores.

This software also allows you to quickly and easily move, rotate, weld, skew, flip, and size Cricut cartridge content. You work with an onscreen cutting mat to create your own cutting design, even using characters from more than one cartridge. What you see is what you cut, saving you precious time, paper, and cutting blades. Save the cutting mat layouts you design for future use or share them with friends. Once you design the mat layout, simply have your Cricut cartridges on hand and Cricut DesignStudio will let you know when to insert a cartridge so that it can cut your design.

Look for the awesome new Cricut DesignStudio program this fall. It will also be available in a cool bonus pack that includes the Cricut DesignStudio software, user manual, 10-foot Cricut USB connection cable, and a Cricut mouse pad. We’ll offer a free trialware to all that can be downloaded from Cricut.com that lets you cut using the cartridges that came with your machine (e.g. the original Cricut machine will cut using the George and Basic Shapes™ cartridge and the Cricut Expression machine will cut using the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge and the Accent Essentials shape sampler cartridge).

Cricut DesignStudio will work with both the original Cricut and Cricut Expression machines and all the Cricut cartridges available today and in the future. And yes, it is extremely awesome. Stay tuned for further details as we get closer to the release this fall. You’re going to love this!

My Gallery
Old 08-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #2008
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Cricut DesignStudio will work with both the original Cricut and Cricut Expression machines and all the Cricut cartridges available today and in the future. And yes, it is extremely awesome. Stay tuned for further details as we get closer to the release this fall. You’re going to love this!
Dont you just love that sentence LOL. Thanks Robyn for posting that you should probably copy it and post it to the Sticky thread also. This sounds so exciting, but it sounds like you'll have to do hot swapping. I wonder if that will be a problem. Maybe now they will just come out with an adapter that lets you have a lot of carts connected to the one port all at once. I think this will really open up the usefull ness of the tool. I like that they are doing a free software trial for using with george so you can try it out. I also like the idea that you can save and share the templates. Then when You or someone does a nice LO I can say email me the template. SO be sure to save them. I might need them.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #2009
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
It will work with both bugs just like the carts work with both. Exciting, huh!!?? I still can't decide if I am getting the ebug or not. I LOVE my little bug and I use it every single day. It's so easy to store and then pull out. I don't know how much room the new one will take up. There are a lot of great things about the big bug but I wonder if I really "need" it. We will see how I feel in a month!!
Just my 2 cents worth.
The only thing that interested me with the E-bug was the ability to rotate the objects so you could cut them longer. It looks like the new software will allow you to do some of that. Letters and numbers could be cut larger just because of length. I think I would wait and play with the new software before deciding on buying the E-bug. The larger Mat is appealing, but I think I would want to try the options with the software before buying
E-bug.
Maybe there is a reason they released the E-bug before the software.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #2010
Stazon Splitcoast

One last thing, Did they say When they were releasing it? Can you tell I cant wait.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:08 AM   #2011

Just making sure I understand (I have obviously been away waaayyy toooo long!). Is "ebug" a nickname for the Expression? That is kinda what I am getting from what y'all are saying . . .

Because the LCD screen on the original Cricut is so small, it may make it trickier to tell what you are doing, but maybe not. I LOVE the size of my Cricut. It is the one major reason the Expression has no appeal to me. I do not want something that ginormous! I'll just hafta get the software and see how I like it. It'll be interesting to see how the thing works with multiple cartridges coming in and out. Like Kathy said, how can you do anything without hot swapping?
Old 08-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #2012
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Just making sure I understand (I have obviously been away waaayyy toooo long!). Is "ebug" a nickname for the Expression? That is kinda what I am getting from what y'all are saying . . .

Because the LCD screen on the original Cricut is so small, it may make it trickier to tell what you are doing, but maybe not. I LOVE the size of my Cricut. It is the one major reason the Expression has no appeal to me. I do not want something that ginormous! I'll just hafta get the software and see how I like it. It'll be interesting to see how the thing works with multiple cartridges coming in and out. Like Kathy said, how can you do anything without hot swapping?
Well E-bug is my term for the Expression, because I dont want to type Expression. KWIM Yes I am a lazy typer
The Ebug appeals to me to cut larger purses and the Accents cart! I want it.
Any one have one to sell?

I went to my walmart today and they had a lady there demo-ing it. I stopped to talk to her. She had never used a cricut. She got the stuff the night before. She didnt know anything about the machine. She didnt have anything cut any larger than 2 1/2" on display. I started talking to her, and basically ended up giving her a demonstration. I told her cut out some letters at 5 1/2"
and with Shadows, if she wants to show it off. She didnt even know about the expression.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:05 AM   #2013
Die Cut Diva

I just purchased my Cricut & I'm excited to hear that there is a wonderful new addition coming. Great Christmas present!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:05 AM   #2014
Gallery Gazer

I've decided to go ahead and purchase the Expression. One of the main reasons is that I will be able to do more sizes. It is quite a jump to go from 2 to 2 1/2. I will be able to do 2 1/4 with the Expression. How fun is that to have that many more options? Plus, the mats won't be that much more expensive because my Hobby Lobby lets you use the coupons on the accessories. I will not be purchasing it until September but at least I know what I want.

Also, my Paper Dolls bundle will be on its way to me on Monday Priority mail!! I should have it by Wednesday!! I almost scrapped a page yesterday but my kids were all in dress up clothes. I thought how I would wait until I had the PD cart in my hands. What a fun page that is going to be!!

My Gallery
Old 08-05-2007, 06:07 AM   #2015
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbook4ever View Post
I just purchased my Cricut & I'm excited to hear that there is a wonderful new addition coming. Great Christmas present!
Congratulations!! What new addition are you talking about?? The USB software?? That should be really fun.

If you have any questions about your bug just let us know. We all are pretty hooked to the Cricut!

My Gallery
Old 08-05-2007, 06:10 AM   #2016

Guess I need to go and check out the paper doll stuff. Hadn't seen that yet!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:18 AM   #2017

Guess I'm not sure what you are talking about, unless of course, you mean the Disney princess and stuff. Am I getting warmer?
Old 08-05-2007, 06:29 AM   #2018
Gallery Gazer

Paper Dolls handbook. Watch out!!

www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=916718

My Gallery
Old 08-05-2007, 06:34 AM   #2019

Where in the heck did this come from??? I didn't see it anywhere in the new stuff!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:35 AM   #2020

I'm assuming Kim has these. May just be taking a little drive to visit her tomorrow!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:41 AM   #2021

Okay, I just went and checked Kim' website and didn't see any paper dolls . . . where did you get your "bundle" from, Robyn??
Old 08-05-2007, 06:51 AM   #2022

Since I'm just hanging out this morning, I checked back and see that you bought the AC Moore bundle. Sigh . . . is anywhere, besides ebay, selling it by itself???
Old 08-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #2023
Gallery Gazer

Sorry Wendy. You can only get the bundle at AC Moore. They have a bunch there but you need to have somebody pick one up for you. My friend in North Carolina picked mine up for me yesterday. She made a 45 minute drive to do it. What a great friend!

My Gallery
Old 08-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #2024
Stampin' Fool

Okay, I'm trying to decide.... to I get the small cricut or the EBug? Can you cut larger sized letter with the Ebug? I'm a school teacher and I can see all kinds of classroom potiental. I'm just trying to decide if the extra cost of the ebug is worth it. ACMoore has the original Cricut on sale for $139 this week. The cheapest that I've seen the ebug is $399. Any suggestions or coments?

Join my Swaps ::Doily Cards Due 9/30:: ::MFT Swap Due 9/30::
Old 08-05-2007, 08:49 AM   #2025

Quote:
Sorry Wendy. You can only get the bundle at AC Moore. They have a bunch there but you need to have somebody pick one up for you. My friend in North Carolina picked mine up for me yesterday. She made a 45 minute drive to do it. What a great friend!
Dang it! I don't need those other cartridges, and can't justify spending the $$$ just to get the paper dolls! We don't have an AC Moore anywhere in Utah, either (that I know of). What's a girl to do???
Old 08-05-2007, 05:35 PM   #2026
Inking Addict

Hi! I just got directed over here from another thread. I'm a teacher, too, and I love my Expressions. When I want to do a craft project with kids (or SCS swaps) it cuts out multiple whatevers a lot faster because you can cut more copies with the larger papers. Plus it is great for bulletin boards.

I got mine on-line cheaper than what you mentioned, but I don't know if it would violate any rules to post the URL. Let me know if I can post it, or PM me and I'll send it to you.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #2027
Inking Addict

Default JoAnn Cricut teacher coupon!

Wow!! I just got an email coupon from JoAnn for 25% off the total purchase of Cricut machines, cartridges, and accessories when you present your teacher rewards card. It is good until Sept. 8, so if you're a teacher who doesn't have her reward card yet, get to Joann's and sign up!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #2028
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I've decided to go ahead and purchase the Expression. One of the main reasons is that I will be able to do more sizes. It is quite a jump to go from 2 to 2 1/2. I will be able to do 2 1/4 with the Expression. How fun is that to have that many more options? Plus, the mats won't be that much more expensive because my Hobby Lobby lets you use the coupons on the accessories. I will not be purchasing it until September but at least I know what I want.

Also, my Paper Dolls bundle will be on its way to me on Monday Priority mail!! I should have it by Wednesday!! I almost scrapped a page yesterday but my kids were all in dress up clothes. I thought how I would wait until I had the PD cart in my hands. What a fun page that is going to be!!
Oh jk. Robyn have fun I might have to hit you up for some paper dolls I am not seeing it available or listed with Provocraft from CHA they are just listing the two princess carts. I hope thats just because ACMoore has the bundle in Aug. Have a good week I'll check in next Sat/Sun to see what you've posted .
Old 08-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #2029
Stazon Splitcoast

Robyn did you see tha Cuttlekids cutter for die cuts, Includes paper dolls it says? I was looking at PC in their CHA link for new stuff. I need to go to bed it is late.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:57 PM   #2030
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Did you all see this???

VERY BIG NEWS ABOUT THAT USB PORT ON YOUR CRICUT!!!!!!!!!!!! Coming out in the fall will be "The Cricut Design Studio" - a very cool software package that will allow you to hook your Cricut up to your computer, manipulate and design with any image/font from all of your cartridges and cut. You can "weld" your letters together so they print as one piece; You can resize & relocate items within the cutting template; You can create images within images.... example - start with a heart and put a heart inside it along with the letters of your name. Resize any of the hearts or letters to make it fit right in front of you. Move the letters around so they will cut straight, diagonal, scattered - any way! Then CUT. It will take about 2 minutes to cut something that big, but it will all cut as one big design. PLUS. You can mix and match images from cartridges this way!!!!! This software bundle will be released in the Fall and will retail at $89.95. Bundle will include: Software CD which will work on Windows XP & Windows Vista only; Cricut Mouse pad & 10 foot USB cable.

I know what I am getting for xmas this year!!
Old 08-06-2007, 03:55 AM   #2031
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Dang it! I don't need those other cartridges, and can't justify spending the $$$ just to get the paper dolls! We don't have an AC Moore anywhere in Utah, either (that I know of). What's a girl to do???
Wendy,
I have AC Moore near me and I'd be glad to get you what you want ... let me know...
Old 08-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #2032

Here's a link where they are preselling the Paper Doll cartridge. I am assuming they won't have them 'til fall:

http://www.memorymiser.com/catalog.p...Fcategory%3D14
Old 08-06-2007, 08:42 AM   #2033
Gallery Gazer

I heard that Kim is going to presell as well. Provo Craft said that AC Moore will be the only one carrying it so that is why I went ahead and bought it. Those who are preselling cannot confirm with certainty that they will have PD available. I didn't want to take a chance and plus, I am very impatient.

My Gallery
Old 08-06-2007, 08:52 AM   #2034
Rubber Obsessor

Same here!!! mine's moving across the Atlantic as we speak!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:14 AM   #2035

Quote:
I heard that Kim is going to presell as well. Provo Craft said that AC Moore will be the only one carrying it so that is why I went ahead and bought it. Those who are preselling cannot confirm with certainty that they will have PD available. I didn't want to take a chance and plus, I am very impatient.
I did e-mail Kim over the weekend (also tried to call today, but she wasn't home!). I'll find out the scoop from her on whether or not anyone but AC Moore will carry them (eventually). I just can't see buying a bunch of cartridges I already have just to get one that I don't. Then ya hafta go through the pain of trying to find someone to buy the other ones from ya. By the time I spend the $$ to have someone ship 'em to me, I'm not getting that great of a deal for resale, either. Sigh . . . I'm like you Robyn . . . impatient. But I am also BROKE after Convention, so it's probably good if I have to wait anyway!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #2036
Gallery Gazer

Holy cow!! Our thread was on page 8! How did that happen???

My Paper Doll Dress Up cart arrived today! Too bad I am too tired to play with it. Hopefully tomorrow I can make something cool to upload.

If anyone is interested in the Jasmine cart I have one for sale for $40 plus shipping. I am keeping mine and selling this for the friend who shipped me my bundle.

Have a great night everyone!!

My Gallery
Old 08-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #2037
Total Quack

I am *dying* for Paper Dolls AND the design studio ..... I have got to find some money. LOL!

Photography Site

Old 08-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #2038
Stazon Splitcoast

Robynyou found anytime to play with paperdolls yet. I would really love to have one to play with. I am thinking you might be able to do some cute cards and thngs with it. as well as a quiet book. Post when you get a chance and Wendy plaes let us know what kim says.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #2039
Gallery Gazer

Yes! I made a few dolls yesterday. I am so in love with this cart!!! I will post pics tomorrow.

My Gallery
Old 08-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #2040
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes! I made a few dolls yesterday. I am so in love with this cart!!! I will post pics tomorrow.
I hope I can get it soon. Hope PC lets us know whats what with it. I am also wishing for Accents I really want that cart. You are lucky to be getting it with the E-bug.