Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #1961
Pearl-ExPert

I am thinking of buying tags, bags, and more.... if you have it, do you love it? how big are the bags once put together? do you have pics of any of your projects? thanks,
Beth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #1962
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to scrappinchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjacobs150 View Post
I am thinking of buying tags, bags, and more.... if you have it, do you love it? how big are the bags once put together? do you have pics of any of your projects? thanks,
Beth
I have it, and I do love it...but...I have not used it much.

I did try two boxes and a bag, and I must be a dunce because it looked more like a ball of crumpled cardstock than a bag or a box! LOL

I have to practice some I guess.....
Old 07-29-2007, 03:30 PM   #1963
Total Quack

Quote:
Beth

I love that cart. The bags and boxes are a bit small when put together but they are *great* for party favors and such. I have one of the popcorn boxes in my gallery. I did it for a shoebox swap in March.

Photography Site

Old 07-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #1964
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Beth
I made the purse for Mothers day and I posted it in my blog here's a link
Old 07-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #1965
Stazon Splitcoast

I forgot to say this is when the purse is cut at 5 1/2". The hersheys kiss gives you an idea of what size it is.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:27 AM   #1966
Gabfest Goddess

Did you all see this???

VERY BIG NEWS ABOUT THAT USB PORT ON YOUR CRICUT!!!!!!!!!!!! Coming out in the fall will be "The Cricut Design Studio" - a very cool software package that will allow you to hook your Cricut up to your computer, manipulate and design with any image/font from all of your cartridges and cut. You can "weld" your letters together so they print as one piece; You can resize & relocate items within the cutting template; You can create images within images.... example - start with a heart and put a heart inside it along with the letters of your name. Resize any of the hearts or letters to make it fit right in front of you. Move the letters around so they will cut straight, diagonal, scattered - any way! Then CUT. It will take about 2 minutes to cut something that big, but it will all cut as one big design. PLUS. You can mix and match images from cartridges this way!!!!! This software bundle will be released in the Fall and will retail at $89.95. Bundle will include: Software CD which will work on Windows XP & Windows Vista only; Cricut Mouse pad & 10 foot USB cable.

My Gallery
Old 07-31-2007, 04:28 AM   #1967
Gabfest Goddess

Our air is still out upstairs so my office is super warm. The ac guys are coming this morning so hopefully they will fix it and I will be stamping away in no time. I did make a couple of cute pages last night, though, when it cooled off.

My Gallery
Old 07-31-2007, 07:25 AM   #1968
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynstamps View Post
Did you all see this???

VERY BIG NEWS ABOUT THAT USB PORT ON YOUR CRICUT!!!!!!!!!!!! Coming out in the fall will be "The Cricut Design Studio" - a very cool software package that will allow you to hook your Cricut up to your computer, manipulate and design with any image/font from all of your cartridges and cut. You can "weld" your letters together so they print as one piece; You can resize & relocate items within the cutting template; You can create images within images.... example - start with a heart and put a heart inside it along with the letters of your name. Resize any of the hearts or letters to make it fit right in front of you. Move the letters around so they will cut straight, diagonal, scattered - any way! Then CUT. It will take about 2 minutes to cut something that big, but it will all cut as one big design. PLUS. You can mix and match images from cartridges this way!!!!! This software bundle will be released in the Fall and will retail at $89.95. Bundle will include: Software CD which will work on Windows XP & Windows Vista only; Cricut Mouse pad & 10 foot USB cable.

OMG!! MERRY CHRISTMAS to ME!!

Thank you so much for sharing this news!! Whoo hoo!!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:17 AM   #1969
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinchick View Post
OMG!! MERRY CHRISTMAS to ME!!

Thank you so much for sharing this news!! Whoo hoo!!
I know! I am sooo excited about this. I hope I can wait until Christmas. I just ordered the AC Moore bundle with a friend. I am sooo super happy to get Paper Dolls!! It should be here for me to play with next week! My friend kept Zooballoo but I might be selling Printing 101 and Jasmine if anyone is interested. Probably for $42.50 plus shipping for each.

Our air should be getting fixed today but now our washer just broke again. This was just fixed last week!!

My Gallery
Old 07-31-2007, 08:27 AM   #1970
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Robyn, I hope all that gets fixed soon! Why oh WHY do things happen in streaks like that?!?!? UGH!!

I can not wait to see what you all do with Paper Dolls! That cart looks like soooo much fun!!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:08 AM   #1971
Say Cheese!!

Send a message via MSN to LateNightScrappin

Can I ask where you saw this?? this is HUGE!! goodbye silhoutte!!!
Quote:
Did you all see this???

Old 07-31-2007, 09:11 AM   #1972
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by latenightscrappin View Post
Can I ask where you saw this?? this is HUGE!! goodbye silhoutte!!!
It was announced at CHA last week. I got this quote from the Cricut message board. I'm so super excited about this!!

My Gallery
Old 07-31-2007, 09:15 AM   #1973
Say Cheese!!

Send a message via MSN to LateNightScrappin

this is awesome... thanks for sharing!!!!
Quote:
It was announced at CHA last week. I got this quote from the Cricut message board. I'm so super excited about this!!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:30 AM   #1974
Gabfest Goddess

Our air is fixed so I am heading upstairs to scrap!!

My Gallery
Old 07-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #1975
Total Quack

Quote:
Did you all see this???

AWESOME news, Robyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad I have XP on my laptop......

I can't wait! Now, I have to save the money for that *and* Paper Dolls. LOL!!

Photography Site

Old 07-31-2007, 10:59 AM   #1976
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post

I'm sure Kim will sell it for $55 just like the carts. At least that is what I'm hoping for. This program is going to save me so much paper!! You can actually see what you are going to cut on your 6x12 space or 12x12 space. I think it will be like Paint or something. You will be able to weld letters with any of the cartridges you own, too. It will not be able to do True Type Fonts but I don't really mind. There are soooo many things I can do with the cartridges and now we will be able to see them all right in front of us. From what I understand you will also be able to use to images together. Like if you want to write something in a heart or another image. Lots of cool things!!

My Gallery
Old 07-31-2007, 11:36 PM   #1977
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Did you all see this???

WOOHOO LINK please, or maybe someone asked that already!?!
Old 07-31-2007, 11:38 PM   #1978
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Big Ditto's for that. I started saving already
Old 07-31-2007, 11:41 PM   #1979
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm sure Kim will sell it for $55 just like the carts. At least that is what I'm hoping for. This program is going to save me so much paper!! You can actually see what you are going to cut on your 6x12 space or 12x12 space. I think it will be like Paint or something. You will be able to weld letters with any of the cartridges you own, too. It will not be able to do True Type Fonts but I don't really mind. There are soooo many things I can do with the cartridges and now we will be able to see them all right in front of us. From what I understand you will also be able to use to images together. Like if you want to write something in a heart or another image. Lots of cool things!!
Shell, now your computer has to be in your craft room so you can multitask with two of your favorite tools at once.( Cricut chat thread talk) This sounds great.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:42 PM   #1980
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Our air is fixed so I am heading upstairs to scrap!!
YEAH!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:43 AM   #1981
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Did you all see this???

Very cool news! Any idea when the markers will be available??
Old 08-01-2007, 05:34 AM   #1982
Polyshrink Goddess

9 days to go!!! Getting excited. Being here and seeing all the new things and haven't even had my hands on "old" stuff yet! LOL The USB port is big news and wonderful. My computer IS in my stamp/scrap room! This is going to be great!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:42 AM   #1983
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
Shell, now your computer has to be in your craft room so you can multitask with two of your favorite tools at once.( Cricut chat thread talk) This sounds great.

Yeah .... and I will NEVER get ANYthing done!!!! LOL!!!!

Photography Site

Old 08-01-2007, 08:17 AM   #1984
Pearl-ExPert

I purposely put my Cricut on the other side of the room from my work table so I would have to get up.....now you ladies made a point that I will be sitting here more with it attached to my computer and me to this thread! LOL

It does sound good!

Who's bringing the coffee/drinks and snacks?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:54 AM   #1985
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyP View Post
Very cool news! Any idea when the markers will be available??
I think I heard September but probably OCt like most everytinh else!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:55 AM   #1986
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsfldmom View Post
9 days to go!!! Getting excited. Being here and seeing all the new things and haven't even had my hands on "old" stuff yet! LOL The USB port is big news and wonderful. My computer IS in my stamp/scrap room! This is going to be great!!!!
Yeah 9 days thats gone by fast. For me anyway!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:56 AM   #1987
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yeah .... and I will NEVER get ANYthing done!!!! LOL!!!!
I often have wished for a few extra arms but now I'll need extra eyes and fingers, LOL
Old 08-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #1988
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinchick View Post
...Who's bringing the coffee/drinks and snacks?
Don't you have yours with you already?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:58 AM   #1989
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
I often have wished for a few extra arms but now I'll need extra eyes and fingers, LOL

LOL!! Yep, me, too!!

Photography Site

Old 08-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #1990
Polyshrink Goddess

I guess from you point of view it has gone fast!!!
I've been scrapbooking a few times and I keep trying to go real slow so I can use my bug when I get it. (Not that I don't have 23 years of pictures to do!!)
You know, I'm getting to the age that I shouldn't be wishing time to go so fast! Who, over the age of 21, wishes for thier birthdays to hurry up????
Old 08-01-2007, 10:46 AM   #1991
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I guess from you point of view it has gone fast!!!
I've been scrapbooking a few times and I keep trying to go real slow so I can use my bug when I get it. (Not that I don't have 23 years of pictures to do!!)
You know, I'm getting to the age that I shouldn't be wishing time to go so fast! Who, over the age of 21, wishes for thier birthdays to hurry up????
Well you have started sooner than I have I have over 25yrs of pictures to do. Hope the next 9 days go quickly for you.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:07 AM   #1992
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks, I'm sure they will.
25 years??? Well, at least we'll never run out of things to do!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #1993
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks, I'm sure they will.
25 years??? Well, at least we'll never run out of things to do!
true
Old 08-02-2007, 07:27 AM   #1994
Gabfest Goddess

Okay girls. I'm thinking of getting the Expression. I know that I said I would "never" get it but now I might have the $$$ to do it. JKCrafts has them for $350 with an extra cart and you can add another cart for $20. Do you think I should do it?? I can't actually purchase it for about a month but I am seriously considering it.

My Gallery
Old 08-02-2007, 07:47 AM   #1995
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Okay girls. I'm thinking of getting the Expression. I know that I said I would "never" get it but now I might have the $$$ to do it. JKCrafts has them for $350 with an extra cart and you can add another cart for $20. Do you think I should do it?? I can't actually purchase it for about a month but I am seriously considering it.
If you have the money, I say go for it. You are very talented and I'm sure you will put it to excellent use. Keep us posted as to whether you get it or not.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:00 AM   #1996
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
If you have the $, and you know that you can do things with the new one that you just can not do with the old one, besides the obvious things that the new machine offers, then go for it!

I would definitely get the new one if I didnt just get the Cricut recently.

Are you keeping the old one if you do get the new one?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #1997
Kookie Creator

I got the one from JK Crafts right after 4th of July. I love it. Shipping took about a week. I got the Opposites Attract for the free cart, but I must say that I'm loving the Accent cart that comes w/the Expression.

I am going through blades and mats a LOT more quickly than I anticipated. So far I've only used it specifically for one project. The other things I cut were just playing around. I did figure out how to cut around a stamped image, though, which I like.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #1998
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by natlhol View Post
I got the one from JK Crafts right after 4th of July. I love it. Shipping took about a week. I got the Opposites Attract for the free cart, but I must say that I'm loving the Accent cart that comes w/the Expression.

I am going through blades and mats a LOT more quickly than I anticipated. So far I've only used it specifically for one project. The other things I cut were just playing around. I did figure out how to cut around a stamped image, though, which I like.
Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up. I am probably going to order it at the beginning of September. I think I own most of the free carts but I can always give them to a friend or sell them.

My Gallery
Old 08-02-2007, 10:47 AM   #1999
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Come on, do you really expect someone to say 'no'???
Old 08-02-2007, 11:18 AM   #2000
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyP View Post
Come on, do you really expect someone to say 'no'???
You're right! I guess I was hopin' for some validation!

My Gallery