Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2007, 05:49 AM   #1641
Mad Swapper

Hello Folks: I am Alma and a newbie Cricut owner...I have been a Cricut owner for about a month now and love it! I just got the following carts from a HUGE sale at CreativeXpress.com about 2 weeks ago: TBBM, MM, AK, and WIMG. Since I am fairly new at this, I might pop in once in a while to say "Hi" and most of all, how to fully use these carts to its potential. I've been using the George font alot and recently used it to make a recipe book and paint can for a hostess swap - actually my own hostess swap. I will post pics when the kids take a nap later.

I have posted on here a couple of times about the sale at CreativeXpress.com. I hope you all don't mind and would love to share some inspiration once I learn to use all of the special features on the carts.

Happy Friday!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:51 AM   #1642
Mad Swapper

Where is the darn EDIT button??? Maybe we should move this somewhere else where we can edit! I meant to say "and most of all, LEARN how to fully use these carts to its potential."
Old 06-08-2007, 06:07 AM   #1643
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
The cuttlebug really helps me to "appear" more talented. KWIM, I love the textures of the embossing and they add a lot to the card. I also had a QuiKutz handle and it was killing my hand and I use the Cuttle bug to cut those dies now. I cut so much more with them then I did before I had the Cuttlebug, just because it hurt my hand to sqeeze. cranking the handle I can do no problem.
So there are other companies dies that can be used with the CB.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:13 AM   #1644
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1r601 View Post
Hello Folks: I am Alma and a newbie Cricut owner....... I hope you all don't mind and would love to share some inspiration once I learn to use all of the special features on the carts.

Happy Friday!
Hi Alma And Welcome we'ld love to have you share your stuff!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:15 AM   #1645
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Where is the darn EDIT button??? Maybe we should move this somewhere else where we can edit! I meant to say "and most of all, LEARN how to fully use these carts to its potential."
Cricute ZOobaloo Thread has an edit button we mostly chat there but you're welcome to use it if you prefer. Heres the link
ZOOBALLOO Thread
Old 06-08-2007, 06:17 AM   #1646
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendie1017 View Post
Are you thinking about buying a CB? I have been contemplating for some time but decided to get the Cricut first (especially for scrapbooking). Now I am doing some research on whether to get the CB or Big Kick. From what I have been reading in the threads, you CAN use just about any type of die or embossing folder in the CB. Someone posted a list of sandwich stacks for the different kinds of dies and folders. Right now I am sitting in the middle of the see saw...the CB is great because you can use coupons on the machine and accessories, lightweight and compact. The Big Kick is a little bit more pricey, bulkier, but sturdier (great to use if you have carpal tunnel syndrome). It comes with a multi-purpose mat you can use for all the different dies and folders. So which one????

I've seen a Big Shot in action at Archiver's (same as the Big Kick) and like it alot. Now I just have to do more research and wait for my hubby to get over the money I just spent on the 4 Cricut carts!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:17 AM   #1647
Gallery Gazer

Welcome Alma!! We would love for you to join us more often. There are a great group of gals here!! Sounds like you got an awesome deal on your carts. You will love them all!!

My Gallery
Old 06-08-2007, 06:18 AM   #1648
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

YEP! I think most of them can be sandwiched and be used. THe Big shot texture plates can be used also. if you have the starter kit.
I've used mine with the Cricut to cut and Cuttlebug to impress & cut some times.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:19 AM   #1649
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Cricute ZOobaloo Thread has an edit button we mostly chat there but you're welcome to use it if you prefer. Heres the link
ZOOBALLOO Thread
Thanks Kathy for the warm welcome...I will check out the Zooballoo Thread and introduce myself! BTW, Zoo Baloo is the next cart on my wishlist!!! Love the cute animals!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:20 AM   #1650
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Are you thinking about buying a CB? I have been contemplating for some time but decided to get the Cricut first (especially for scrapbooking). Now I am doing some research on whether to get the CB or Big Kick. From what I have been reading in the threads, you CAN use just about any type of die or embossing folder in the CB. Someone posted a list of sandwich stacks for the different kinds of dies and folders. Right now I am sitting in the middle of the see saw...the CB is great because you can use coupons on the machine and accessories, lightweight and compact. The Big Kick is a little bit more pricey, bulkier, but sturdier (great to use if you have carpal tunnel syndrome). It comes with a multi-purpose mat you can use for all the different dies and folders. So which one????

I've seen a Big Shot in action at Archiver's (same as the Big Kick) and like it alot. Now I just have to do more research and wait for my hubby to get over the money I just spent on the 4 Cricut carts!!!

I have the Cricut and the Cuttlebug but I only use my Cuttlebug for embossing. Having the Cricut for diecuts is all I'll ever need. I own one die for the CB that was a gift from Sandy (thanks) but I am sure I will not get any more.

Have fun!

My Gallery
Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 AM   #1651
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Are you thinking about buying a CB? I have been contemplating for some time but decided to get the Cricut first (especially for scrapbooking). Now I am doing some research on whether to get the CB or Big Kick..... Now I just have to do more research and wait for my hubby to get over the money I just spent on the 4 Cricut carts!!!
Love the size, storeabilty,portability & versatility of the CBug. I have had no problems with it at all... Just Sayin
Old 06-08-2007, 06:23 AM   #1652
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynstamps View Post
I have the Cricut and the Cuttlebug but I only use my Cuttlebug for embossing. Having the Cricut for diecuts is all I'll ever need. I own one die for the CB that was a gift from Sandy (thanks) but I am sure I will not get any more.

Have fun!
Have you totally convinced your self of that, because I have a few Quikuts Revolution dies to show you!! if your brave enough to look at them. I am saving to get one
Old 06-08-2007, 06:25 AM   #1653
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:

Have fun!
Yes, I do love my Cricut for cutting - it beats cutting everything by hand! I got the MM cart just for the scalloped circles and squares. Now why couldn't they have added a scalloped oval too? I am also a member of Cricut.com and someone told me that Alphalicious has the scalloped oval but when I looked at the cartridge sample, it looks like it cuts it with a tiny hole at the top - has anyone tried to use the blackout feature for the scalloped oval??? This will one of my next purchases if the blackout feature works! I love how the font looks too.

But I also love all of the embossing the CB or any of the other manual die cutting machines can do. I chose to buy the Cricut b/c it can make different sizes of shapes and fonts. I thought I could wait on buying the CB at a later time since you can use the coupon for it.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:29 AM   #1654
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Love the size, storeabilty,portability & versatility of the CBug. I have had no problems with it at all... Just Sayin

I am actually leaning towards the CB more because of its portability and compactness, and of course, PRICE (with the coupon). I don't have a scrap room so I have everything neatly organized in our coat closet and I am running out of room! My Cricut is still sitting on the dining room table in the box. I just take it out when I need to use it. Then I have all of these carts now so I have to find a way to store them somewhere. There a few ideas on Cricut.com that I will try for storage. Anyone else a member of that site???
Old 06-08-2007, 06:31 AM   #1655
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Yes, I have seen the all the great stuff everyboby makes with it. I got some cash as a gift and I have a 50% off coupon for A.C. Moore. I think my heart is set on the cuttlebug.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:40 AM   #1656
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Yes, I have seen the all the great stuff everyboby makes with it. I got some cash as a gift and I have a 50% off coupon for A.C. Moore. I think my heart is set on the cuttlebug.
Then what are you waiting for??? You got money to spend and a 50% coupon to boot. You can get some embossing folders and dies with the money you are saving!!!

I have to wait until next month (my birthday) to get the CB. Hopefully Jo's has another great sale on them or comes out with a 50% off coupon.

Let us know if you end up getting it!!! So RUN don't walk!!!!

Sorry, I am such an enabler!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 07:59 AM   #1657
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Yes, I do love my Cricut for cutting - it beats cutting everything by hand! I got the MM cart just for the scalloped circles and squares. Now why couldn't they have added a scalloped oval too? I am also a member of Cricut.com and someone told me that Alphalicious has the scalloped oval but when I looked at the cartridge sample, it looks like it cuts it with a tiny hole at the top - has anyone tried to use the blackout feature for the scalloped oval??? This will one of my next purchases if the blackout feature works! I love how the font looks too.
I have Alphalicious and yes it does have a scallop oval but even with the blackout feature there is a hole at the top. I wish they wouldn't have added that!! Oh well, I can still use it!

My Gallery
Old 06-08-2007, 08:27 AM   #1658
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I have Alphalicious and yes it does have a scallop oval but even with the blackout feature there is a hole at the top. I wish they wouldn't have added that!! Oh well, I can still use it!
Darn it! Why couldn't they have included the scalloped oval in the MM cart!!!!??? They should ask us first before they start with any new carts - don't yah think????
Old 06-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #1659
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Darn it! Why couldn't they have included the scalloped oval in the MM cart!!!!??? They should ask us first before they start with any new carts - don't yah think????
I totally agree!

My Gallery
Old 06-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #1660
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Brad or ribbon covers it! But I was wondering is the oval in George the same shape, does it work for an inside oval with the scallops layered on the on the outside, then it would cover the hole KWIM
Old 06-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #1661
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Brad or ribbon covers it! But I was wondering is the oval in George the same shape, does it work for an inside oval with the scallops layered on the on the outside, then it would cover the hole KWIM
If someone could check that for me they might just push me over the top for Alphalicious, any enablers care to let me know?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:59 AM   #1662
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:

I made a card recently with oval shapes (used my coluzzle template)...I am sure this would work with George oval shapes as well. Before getting MM, for the circles, I used a small corner rounder for the circles (made with George at 3 1/2 " - 41/2 inches and made a smaller circle nested on top) to make a scallop shape. I saw a tutorial here on SCS on how to use the corner rounder to make a faux scalloped circle/oval.

Last night, I made a scalloped oval using my oval coluzzle template using a small corner rounder. It works perfectly with the 4th and maybe 5th (have not tried this size yet) bigger size ovals. For sure, the 4th bigger size oval. I will post pics of it later along with the others projects I have made so far with the CC.

BTW, isn't the hole on the oval in Alphalicious at the very top of the shape? How would that cover the hole? Hhhmmmmmm....someone pls share!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #1663
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:

I wonder why the hole would still get cut out with the blackout feature. Provocraft/Cricut is going to here about this one!!! They were on the right path with MM and all they had to do was add the scalloped oval as well. Would've been nice!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #1664
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyCreations View Post
Can you believe I finally have a project to share?????? I haven't used my little bug in a long time!!!! It's just a little mini book that I am going to use to jot down random ideas when they pop into my head. That always happens. I think of something and then have nothing to write it down on! Then I forget later on what the idea was!!! Thanks for looking!
Very pretty Rachel... lovely!!!

(Close To) Title-town Shoebox Swap November 1, 2008

Sandi'S Stamps (my blog)
Old 06-08-2007, 10:08 AM   #1665
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I just made this card for the Ways to Use it Challenge. You had to use chipboard but since I don't own any I had to make my own. I just cut the turtle 5 times and stacked all the layers. It turned out nice and thick...

Turtle
very cute... so, did you just cut him out of the green paper 5 times and modge podge it together???

Sandi'S Stamps (my blog)
Old 06-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #1666
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Like I can't take a hole punch and make my own hole???

Sandi'S Stamps (my blog)
Old 06-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #1667
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrachan611 View Post
Like I can't take a hole punch and make my own hole???
I agree!! At least on TTBM when you black it out or shadow it you don't have the hole. What's up with that???

Kathy, I will go upstairs right now and try the two carts together. You might have discovered something!! I think it might be inbetween the narrow oval and the wider oval, though.

Robyn

My Gallery
Old 06-08-2007, 11:13 AM   #1668
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I agree!! At least on TTBM when you black it out or shadow it you don't have the hole. What's up with that???

Kathy, I will go upstairs right now and try the two carts together. You might have discovered something!! I think it might be inbetween the narrow oval and the wider oval, though.

Robyn
Thanks Robyn, thats what I'm wondering?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #1669
Gallery Gazer

Man, I got side-tracked and made a card instead. I walked into my office and forgot what I was in there for so I just stamped!! Let me go back. Should I tie a string around my finger? I can't believe I forgot that!

My Gallery
Old 06-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #1670
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Man, I got side-tracked and made a card instead. I walked into my office and forgot what I was in there for so I just stamped!! Let me go back. Should I tie a string around my finger? I can't believe I forgot that!
Inquiry minds want to know!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #1671
Mad Swapper

Smile Cricut Creations

Hello there: I promised some pics that I have done with my Cricut so far...here they are:
Old 06-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #1672
Mad Swapper

Default More creations...

Attachment 54639 Attachment 54640
Old 06-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #1673
Mad Swapper

I nominated someone for my own hostess appreciation swap and here are the things I made (paint can with name and chipboard recipe book).
Old 06-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #1674
Mad Swapper

I just uploaded most of the pics in my gallery so just waiting to be approved.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #1675
Gallery Gazer

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! Those projects are all awesome!!

Okay girls, I will go up now!! I had to do some more laundry and start dinner. My mom and sister arrive tomorrow from Utah. They are driving and it is a 17 hour drive!! I'm super excited. Neither of them own the Cricut....... yet!!

My Gallery
Old 06-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #1676
Stampin' Fool

Hi all, I did end up heading to AC Moore. They didn't have all mixed up, fabulous finds or opposites attract. They did have tons of the others.

I got zooballoo.... You gotta love the animals & it has upper and lower alphabets.

I am going to play with it later on.
gotta, figure out what to have for dinner it's 95 here!!

sounds like takeout to me!!
Old 06-08-2007, 07:42 PM   #1677
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
TOO FUNNY, Was it a great card?
Old 06-08-2007, 07:45 PM   #1678
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! Those projects are all awesome!!

Okay girls, I will go up now!! I had to do some more laundry and start dinner. My mom and sister arrive tomorrow from Utah. They are driving and it is a 17 hour drive!! I'm super excited. Neither of them own the Cricut....... yet!!
Yep, I am pretty much believing a nice big ribbon is needed.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #1679
Gallery Gazer

Sorry!! I took the kids to the pool in our neighborhood, showered, fed the baby, said prayers with the family, then went grocery shopping. What was I supposed to do again??? Just kidding!! I tried out Alphalicious before I left. The ovals from George don't work but there is one in Tags, Bags that sort of works. You have to black out the oval tag from TTBM and use the scallop oval from Alphalicious. It looks okay. I just messed around so it's not in a card form or anything.

Yes Kathy, my card turned out beautiful! It's on my blog!!

My Gallery
Old 06-08-2007, 08:08 PM   #1680
Stazon Splitcoast

Alma great stuff! It all looks so nice!