Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #441
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy_haffner
Cool I just got back from Mik's in Regina, Sk I got Zoolballoo and New Arrival, thanks everyone if it wasn't for this thread I won't of known about the sale. They just had the 18 old ones, no new ones. I wanted Alphlious but they didn't have it.

Walmart had the carts on for 54.99 too, but only the old ones, they didn't have the new ones..

Mikes also had all the new cuttlebug stuff, I was so surprised.

Lori your pages are so nice.
Another Zooballoobian! Shell will be proud! I hope that I can officially become one tomorrow. I have new arrival and love that one too. It can be used for lots of things other than baby.

Pages completed for summer challenge: 32
Pages completed in 2009: 110 12x12 & 86 8x8
Pages completed in 2008: 242
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #442
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyCreations
5??????? What was he drinking????? LOL

LOL! Does it matter????? He *said* it ... that's what I will do. LOL!

Photography Site

Old 04-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #443
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell
Have you decided which 5 you are getting?

Old 04-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #444
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy_haffner
Cool I just got back from Mik's in Regina, Sk I got Zoolballoo and New Arrival, thanks everyone if it wasn't for this thread I won't of known about the sale. They just had the 18 old ones, no new ones. I wanted Alphlious but they didn't have it.

Walmart had the carts on for 54.99 too, but only the old ones, they didn't have the new ones..

Yippeee!!!!!! So glad to have you in the cult, Cindy!!!

Photography Site

Old 04-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #445
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
absolutely; have to do what he says!
Old 04-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #446
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart2heart

Well, I'll stick with NA, AK, and CC for the first 3. After that, I guess I will choose over what they have left when I get there. That make sense?

Photography Site

Old 04-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #447
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
yeah, which 5?????
Old 04-14-2007, 05:22 PM   #448
Total Quack

Quote:
absolutely; have to do what he says!

For the most part ..... I would absolutely disagree with that, but not this time. LOL!!

Photography Site

Old 04-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #449
Total Quack

Quote:
Another Zooballoobian! Shell will be proud! I hope that I can officially become one tomorrow. I have new arrival and love that one too. It can be used for lots of things other than baby.

Indeed I am!!!!!!

Photography Site

Old 04-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #450
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Bummer that it is only on certain ones. Glad to hear you got Jasmine. I want that one too. Have fun playing with your bugs tomorrow while it is storming. I hope it is not too bad.
Yeah should be a fun day...my friend is supposed to come over. she was supposed to come tonight but we changed that plan....we might do our grocery shopping tomorrow too. i am hoping for snow....my dh would say to bite my tongue! Our winter didn't last very long and the snow came really late in the season so i am glad we are catching up now. but i heard it's a bigger storm than the one we just had a couple of days ago. can't wait!
Old 04-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #451
Mad Swapper

Location: Geez...I've been MIA for two football seasons...yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricabo
Welcome Annette! I use my Cricut mostly for scrapbooking and other projects. I also have a Sizzix, but love the Cricut more because of all the options it offers. I can totally relate to the "wanting it now" feeling! Kathy gave you a great idea for saving up. Some of us have also sold stuff on Ebay to finance our purchases. Last month, I sold my Sizzix Sidekick, an alpha set, some dies and a few stamp sets. If you have stuff you aren't using, it's a great way to make some extra money. I hope you get your Cricut soon!

See, I LOVE my Cricut...if you have not seen the "new one" coming out in May/June it's a must see on www.cricut.com. It cuts up to 12x24!!!! As a future educator, this is a HUGE need for me. Even though hubby does not see it that way at the moment.

Anyway, selling some things on ebay IS a quick inexpensive way to make some extra cash. I think I am going to sell my Sizzix and go for a Cuttlebug. I love my cricut, but it only cuts paper. Sometimes I like to cut fabric appliques when I am in the mood for some small hand sewn projects.

Thanks for letting me share!!
Old 04-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #452
Hardware Hotshot

gotta throw some clothes in the wash, be right back
Old 04-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #453
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie71
See, I LOVE my Cricut...if you have not seen the "new one" coming out in May/June it's a must see on www.cricut.com. It cuts up to 12x24!!!! As a future educator, this is a HUGE need for me. Even though hubby does not see it that way at the moment.

Anyway, selling some things on ebay IS a quick inexpensive way to make some extra cash. I think I am going to sell my Sizzix and go for a Cuttlebug. I love my cricut, but it only cuts paper. Sometimes I like to cut fabric appliques when I am in the mood for some small hand sewn projects.

My Sizzix cuts paper, chipboard, fabric and many other things. Are you thinking of just the Sizzlets???

Photography Site

Old 04-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #454
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyP
It's all your fault!!! You must now deal with it!

ROTFL!!!! I can't believe you guys ....

Photography Site

Old 04-14-2007, 05:45 PM   #455
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Well, I'll stick with NA, AK, and CC for the first 3. After that, I guess I will choose over what they have left when I get there. That make sense?
Sure does!

Old 04-14-2007, 05:48 PM   #456
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Yeah should be a fun day...my friend is supposed to come over. she was supposed to come tonight but we changed that plan....we might do our grocery shopping tomorrow too. i am hoping for snow....my dh would say to bite my tongue! Our winter didn't last very long and the snow came really late in the season so i am glad we are catching up now. but i heard it's a bigger storm than the one we just had a couple of days ago. can't wait!
I'm glad someone is happy about all of the snow that has been falling recently! It sure isn't me. We have had a lot of snow compared to some years so I am ready for it to be done. Our snow from last weekend is gone and I hope that it stays that way. It is still bitter cold - was supposed to get up to 50 today, but didn't make it. Every year we have been lucky to have DD's family birthday party outside, but I am thinking it probably isn't going to happen this year.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #457
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie71

Welcome Lynn!

Old 04-14-2007, 05:52 PM   #458
Mad Swapper

Location: Geez...I've been MIA for two football seasons...yikes!

Quote:
My Sizzix cuts paper, chipboard, fabric and many other things. Are you thinking of just the Sizzlets???

Whoops. I guess I was not clear. I bought my Sizzix because it does all the things you describe. What is very, VERY difficult for me is the handle. I've been having some problems with my hands and the "crank" I think will be much better. I think it is easier for kids to use too. My nieces and nephew love to use it, but it is a royal pain to lug out and the lever is not really user friendly.

I might keep some of my Sizzix die cuts since they are compatible...but the BIG KICK is tempting too.

Who knows...I just had a bday and have ACMoore Gift Cards burning a hole in my wallet.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #459
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Want me to check here for you? I have a list growing of what people want and I'm going tomorrow ...?

Cindy you are a doll, I think i'll use what I've got, maybe get that one later. Thanks so much for offering.

Cindy

Cindy Haffner's Corner
Old 04-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #460
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
I'm glad someone is happy about all of the snow that has been falling recently! It sure isn't me. We have had a lot of snow compared to some years so I am ready for it to be done. Our snow from last weekend is gone and I hope that it stays that way. It is still bitter cold - was supposed to get up to 50 today, but didn't make it. Every year we have been lucky to have DD's family birthday party outside, but I am thinking it probably isn't going to happen this year.
Awe I know what you mean, this time of year it's hard to plan anything outside beucase you never know what the weather is going to be like. We never tell people to come visit us in April either because it's usually mud season for us...
Old 04-15-2007, 01:30 AM   #461
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Okay, I realize I have been pretty much absent the last few days. I was actually at regionals all day yesterday (super fun!! I won a free stamp set!!). I looked back through the last few pages and didn't see this posted, so here it is. I just checked Michael's ad online, and it said the $39.99 sale applied to ONLY these cartridges:

Stamped, Mini Monograms, Celebrations, Animal Kingdom, Tags-Bags-Boxes & More, and Christmas Cheer.

This seems to be in true Michael's fashion. They NEVER seem to have a very good selection of ANYTHING!! That is why I totally prefer Roberts! I am so glad I live in craft mecca (aka Utah!). I have a great selection of places I can go to, all within 15 minutes of my house! Those particular cartridges have been on sale all over the place since Christmas. Nothing too exciting about THAT!!
Wickedly Wonderful Creations
I'm a FREAK!! Check out the latest Control Freaks Blog Tour
2012 Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team
Old 04-15-2007, 02:31 AM   #462
Polyshrink Goddess

Have they been on sale for $40? I thought that was a REALLY good price and I'm pretty excited about picking up a few! Is there a better deal out there? I saw the same exact ad for my Micheal's, but most of these cartridges are at the top of my list (I only have George currently).

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. Victor Hugo

SeeMyGallery!
Old 04-15-2007, 03:16 AM   #463
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendybell
Okay, I realize I have been pretty much absent the last few days. I was actually at regionals all day yesterday (super fun!! I won a free stamp set!!). I looked back through the last few pages and didn't see this posted, so here it is. I just checked Michael's ad online, and it said the $39.99 sale applied to ONLY these cartridges:

Stamped, Mini Monograms, Celebrations, Animal Kingdom, Tags-Bags-Boxes & More, and Christmas Cheer.

This seems to be in true Michael's fashion. They NEVER seem to have a very good selection of ANYTHING!! That is why I totally prefer Roberts! I am so glad I live in craft mecca (aka Utah!). I have a great selection of places I can go to, all within 15 minutes of my house! Those particular cartridges have been on sale all over the place since Christmas. Nothing too exciting about THAT!!
Yep, mine says the same thing and I hoping it's just a partial list of what is on sale because there is nothing that I want or that I am looking for for a people. Bummer! My coupon also excludes the Martha Stewart line; I'll have to check and see if that's available in my M's now.

My AC Moore had also says they are doing a cricut sale ... I'll have to call them for prices.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:17 AM   #464
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennkb
Have they been on sale for $40? I thought that was a REALLY good price and I'm pretty excited about picking up a few! Is there a better deal out there? I saw the same exact ad for my Micheal's, but most of these cartridges are at the top of my list (I only have George currently).
I'm not sure they have ever been on sale this cheap,it's definately a good price.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #465
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh I wanna see what you've done with Jasmine!! I just bought that one!
Mostly I've used it for titles on pages for my SIL's wedding book. There's pics of it in my gallery.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:54 AM   #466

Quote:
I'm not sure they have ever been on sale this cheap,it's definately a good price.
I got a couple (TBB&M and MiniMonograms) right after Christmas for the $39.99 price at Roberts. Not sure if Mike's has ever gone that low, but Roberts always has a better selection, anyway. I expect them all to go on sale somewhere periodically. We just hafta be patient. I am SURE there are not going to be any other cartridges at Mike's this time around for that price, except for the ones listed in the ad. Like I said before, I really DON'T like to shop there. My Mike's almost NEVER honors competitors coupons; their selection stinks most of the time (on everything); and the sales people seem to go out of their way to make things difficult if you are looking to use a coupon or anything. I feel lucky to have other options so I don't have to go there (nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah...nyah!). How's that for snarky???
Old 04-15-2007, 06:55 AM   #467

Quote:
Yep, mine says the same thing and I hoping it's just a partial list of what is on sale because there is nothing that I want or that I am looking for for a people. Bummer! My coupon also excludes the Martha Stewart line; I'll have to check and see if that's available in my M's now.

My AC Moore had also says they are doing a cricut sale ... I'll have to call them for prices.
I'm still not sure what the "Martha Stewart Line" is. Is it directly related to Cricut? Or is it something else all together? Paper, maybe??
Old 04-15-2007, 06:55 AM   #468
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Heather_M

They were all on sale at my Mike's. It's weird that they would do I won't get a chance to get back to Mike's till tomorrow, but if there's one that someone is interested in (that's not sold out by then that I could pick up...let me know).

I'm having super fun doing layouts with OA! It's really nice here today so I might get to play more with walk in the garden later. Need to get out for some fresh air!!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:59 AM   #469

I just went back and searched this thread again. Heather said there is going to be a whole line of papercrafting stuff associated with Martha, but she didn't have any details. Does anyone have any more to add? I'm probably getting a Xyron 'cause of Martha (dh said to buy it and he would wrap it for Mother's Day - he gets hives if he goes through the door of ANY craft store!!). I'm sure she's gonna have a bunch of stuff that I want from her line, too!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:04 AM   #470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather_M
They were all on sale at my Mike's. It's weird that they would do I won't get a chance to get back to Mike's till tomorrow, but if there's one that someone is interested in (that's not sold out by then that I could pick up...let me know).

I'm having super fun doing layouts with OA! It's really nice here today so I might get to play more with walk in the garden later. Need to get out for some fresh air!!
How weird!! I'm sure my Mike's will only have the ones listed. It's funny how the sale thing is not universal for all stores. And honoring competitor's coupons - some store do, and some stores don't! That's why I think all the sales people at Mike's are dingy! Maybe we should blame it on management for not properly training all of their employees . . .

I'm actually saving my $$ so I can get a Disney cart from Kim when I go and meet Kathy for lunch (when she comes to Utah to pick up her dd at BYU). I WOULD like to get Opposites Attract, though . . .
Old 04-15-2007, 07:04 AM   #471
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm still not sure what the "Martha Stewart Line" is. Is it directly related to Cricut? Or is it something else all together? Paper, maybe??
It her own line of paper crafts...probably stamping, scrapbooking and different stuff for kids. I'm really just guessing though.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 AM   #472
Stazon Splitcoast

OA and walk in the garden were both sold out when I went in Sat morning to exchange mine for the sale price. I wouldn't have even gotten them if I didn't buy them last Tues!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 AM   #473

How sad is this??? They were holding the Scrapbook Expo on the other end of town this weekend. I couldn't go 'cause I had too much going on, but I was told yesterday while I was at Regionals that the Roberts booth was selling BOTH of the Disney carts for $39!! The lines were apparently super-duper long! They sold out on Friday . . . sigh!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:39 AM   #474
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig
Great pages, What font is used on the beach and the coast pages? I love them all,and I like the cover for the album also. What little I get to see when you post pages.
I used Alphalicious Short stack on the NaPali Coast pages and All Mixed Up on the Ke'e beach pages. Here's a link to the album I have (hey, it's a chance to try the cool link thingy!) Plumeria
My Blog: A Reinvented Mom
Old 04-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #475
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
How weird!! I'm sure my Mike's will only have the ones listed. It's funny how the sale thing is not universal for all stores. And honoring competitor's coupons - some store do, and some stores don't! That's why I think all the sales people at Mike's are dingy! Maybe we should blame it on management for not properly training all of their employees . . .

I'm actually saving my $$ so I can get a Disney cart from Kim when I go and meet Kathy for lunch (when she comes to Utah to pick up her dd at BYU). I WOULD like to get Opposites Attract, though . . .
My Mike's only said the ones listed were on sale. I had to return the 3 I got earlier in the week because they weren't on the list. I did get Christmas Cheer and TBBM though.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #476
Mad Swapper

Jumping up and down, now!!! I did it!!!! I did the cool link thingy - woo hoo! Thanks for explaining it one more time Kathy.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:41 AM   #477
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
How sad is this??? They were holding the Scrapbook Expo on the other end of town this weekend. I couldn't go 'cause I had too much going on, but I was told yesterday while I was at Regionals that the Roberts booth was selling BOTH of the Disney carts for $39!! The lines were apparently super-duper long! They sold out on Friday . . . sigh!
WOW! That's a great price on the Disney cartridges. Bummer that you missed it. I hope you had a good time at regionals. Molly and I did when we went back in October.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:41 AM   #478
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Hey!!!! I asked Mark how many carts I could get tomorrow ... he said *5*!!!!!!!! Now ... what other ones should I get??
Shell, that is so awesome! What 5 carts are you going to get?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:42 AM   #479
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricabo
Jumping up and down, now!!! I did it!!!! I did the cool link thingy - woo hoo! Thanks for explaining it one more time Kathy.
WOO-HOO for figuring out the link thingy! Maybe some day I will try it. That is the perfect album!

Old 04-15-2007, 08:45 AM   #480
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Lori, these pages are great! I love them all! Are these all pages that you have completed this week?
Thanks for all your kind words about my pages. I have completed most of these over the past month, but was way behind on uploading them. I WISH I could complete this many in a week (LOL!).