Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #4641
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I need opinions. Please check out this question:
which cricut cart do I want?

You all enabled me to the poor house. Now you can all help me pick. lol
LOL...Sort of....I replied.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #4642
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
Just clicking on any of the letters until it becomes dashed opens the box.

SO Gale you got it working or did you go buy it?
I got it working! I have not tried to hook up my cricut yet. Really the main reason I bought it was so that I didn't have to use it with my computer (I have a craft robo) so I can't see buying it right now. I might cave someday though.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 12-14-2007, 01:31 PM   #4643
Forum Fanatic

thanks! I am leaning toward new arrival but it's hard to justify it when I have no one to make baby cards for. I could use it on scrapbook pages though. Maybe it would motivate me to get those old baby pics done...

Old 12-14-2007, 02:29 PM   #4644
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
thanks! I am leaning toward new arrival but it's hard to justify it when I have no one to make baby cards for. I could use it on scrapbook pages though. Maybe it would motivate me to get those old baby pics done...
I have new arrival and haven't used it for one baby thing yet. I have used the animals on there quite a bit on my pages.

Pages completed for summer challenge: 32
Pages completed in 2009: 110 12x12 & 86 8x8
Pages completed in 2008: 242
Old 12-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #4645
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickers089 View Post
I've had my bug for a few weeks now and I'm reading these posts and am soooo confused. I didn't know I needed a degree in rocket science to get caught up on all the cricut lingo and chatter! lol what's DSS????
Welcome!

Old 12-14-2007, 02:37 PM   #4646
Forum Fanatic

I ordered new arrival and alphalicious. yay!! I'm such a weakling! Now I hope this site is an authorized retailer. I didn't think of it before I sent my order through...

NM-she posted on the cricut board that she is, indeed, an authorized retailer.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #4647
Mad Swapper

Smile Cricut Chatter

I had to use my cricut to cut out the circles of transparencies for making 100 ornaments for 1st graders to make the glass ornaments for their parents for Christmas presents. Sorry if the pic is not very good....had a hard time taking it.
Attached Thumbnails
glass-ornament.jpg  
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
lfinlay@scicable.com
Old 12-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #4648
Stampin' Fool

I am just a little curious how long is the longest you have kept chirping without stopping? I was just wondering if the bug would get to overheated. A friend said hers started smoking one day & told me I should not use it very long at a time.
Also do you go through a lot of mats? Boy mine sure don't seem to last a long time & I do change which side of it I put in so I am not just using it one way.
I like the New Arrival Cart. also although I have not bought that one...YET!

*)
. .**) .**)
(*. (*.' Sharon*)
. .**) .**)
(*. (*.'

Old 12-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #4649
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4stamps View Post
I had to use my cricut to cut out the circles of transparencies for making 100 ornaments for 1st graders to make the glass ornaments for their parents for Christmas presents. Sorry if the pic is not very good....had a hard time taking it.
Very cute. did you put the transparency inside an ornament or does it just look like a full ornament.
I had not though about cutting out the circle/shapes until after I had gone out & bought a circle cutter then got to thinking the bug will do it. Took the circle cutter back

*)
. .**) .**)
(*. (*.' Sharon*)
. .**) .**)
(*. (*.'

Old 12-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #4650
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Those are neat! I've always wanted to make that kind of ornament. What settings did you use for the acetate? Is it a plain circle? I thought I read that it's better to leave a little thingy at the top to keep it upright in the ornament.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #4651
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to kimberhouse

Hey Gals, I posted last night but can't find it!! I have been a member for a while but haven't posted much. Hope someone can help. I have a cuddlebug, do not know how to use it and I want a cricut, hubby wants to get me one for Christmas. Which one to get? I am a SU hobbyiest and make cards and scrapbook. What is difference and for what I do which is best? And if I am too dumb to work the cuddlebug can I work a cricut? I am on disability due to a bladder disease called Interstitial Cystitis, can't get out much so the PC is mostly my way of getting info. I hope you all can help me. Cause I am sooooo frustrated!
Thanks,
Kimber
ps if anyone can find my post from late last night where folks answered please tell me how to get there!
Thanks a mil.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #4652
Forum Fanatic

your post is somewhere in this thread:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...60#post8011160
looks like page 108.

the easiest way to find any posts you've made and replies to them is to go subscriptions. Either in the drop down list at the bottom of most pages or at the top click on 'quick links' and then 'subscribed threads'.

As for which machine to get-if I had the $$ to get it, I would definitely get the Expressions. It is bigger and can do so much more. Not just cuts bigger but has other extra features also. I don't have the cuttlebug so I can't comment on the differences between those as far as how hard they are to use.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #4653
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberhouse View Post
Hey Gals, I posted last night but can't find it!! I have been a member for a while but haven't posted much. Hope someone can help. I have a cuddlebug, do not know how to use it and I want a cricut, hubby wants to get me one for Christmas. Which one to get? I am a SU hobbyiest and make cards and scrapbook. What is difference and for what I do which is best? And if I am too dumb to work the cuddlebug can I work a cricut? I am on disability due to a bladder disease called Interstitial Cystitis, can't get out much so the PC is mostly my way of getting info. I hope you all can help me. Cause I am sooooo frustrated!
Thanks,
Kimber
ps if anyone can find my post from late last night where folks answered please tell me how to get there!
Thanks a mil.
Kimber, if you go to the top of the tool and product talk forum there is a cricut FAQ thread. One of the gals copied our responses to the question about the differences between the 2 bugs in that thread. I hope that helps. I have both and if you have the money then I say go for the expression. I bought the original cricut thinking I didn't need the big one and less than 6 months later I owned the expression. I haven't used my original cricut since.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #4654
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims700 View Post
I am just a little curious how long is the longest you have kept chirping without stopping? I was just wondering if the bug would get to overheated. A friend said hers started smoking one day & told me I should not use it very long at a time.
Also do you go through a lot of mats? Boy mine sure don't seem to last a long time & I do change which side of it I put in so I am not just using it one way.
Tell your friend that if her Cricut is smoking then something is definitely wrong with it! She needs to call PC or take it back where she got it. Mine has never overheated and I have used mine hundreds of times! I use it practically every day and just last week I had to change the paper on my mat over 60 times within two hours. It worked great!

My Gallery
Old 12-15-2007, 02:38 AM   #4655
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you so much, I just don't know my way around this site very well! I really appreciate your help!
Happy Stampin!
Kimber
Old 12-15-2007, 03:05 AM   #4656
Compulsive Stamper

Well I posted a thank you and some things but don't know where it went. I just don't know my way aroundd this site very well, how bout not at all! It is 5:30 AM here and I haven't been to bed!!!! I live in Paducah, Ky. I'm sure that no one is close to me but if you are please let me know. Now if I can just find this thread again I'll be doing GOOD. Thanks for all the info! Cuddle bug info anyone, I bought one but used it only once cause I can't figure out how the heck it works!!!!! I'm just impaired I guess, nice word for DUMB!
Happy Stampin! And thanks so much!
Kimber
Old 12-15-2007, 05:34 AM   #4657
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thank you so much, I just don't know my way around this site very well! I really appreciate your help!
Happy Stampin!
Kimber
I am sure you'll pick it up really quick,

withthe cuttle bug you just layer the pieces ti cut or emboss. plate "A" first then "B" then the embossing folder with paper inthe middle or die cut facing up then paper then second "B" plate.

this layering works with the Cuttlebug dies and folders their is a thread with the layers to use for other companies products in it in a document you can print up. It is in the Cuttlebug FAQ thread if you click forums up at the top and then on the one that says tools it will be toward the top of the list, right next too the Cricut FAQ thread
Old 12-15-2007, 07:23 AM   #4658
Die Cut Diva

Does anyone know if you can use the Cricut markers in the regular Cricut machine, or do you need the Script machine? I was under the impression that the Script machine was just the regular Cricut bundled with the markers for QVC. TIA.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:25 AM   #4659
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
Does anyone know if you can use the Cricut markers in the regular Cricut machine, or do you need the Script machine? I was under the impression that the Script machine was just the regular Cricut bundled with the markers for QVC. TIA.
If I understand correctly, the pens just replace the cutting blade in any of the Cricut machines. It doesn't matter if it is the baby bug or ebug.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #4660
Forum Fanatic

The pens work in the little bug. I LOVE them! I was making cards today and needed a bread tag big enough for my design. Rather than cut it out and see, even with scrap paper, I just put printer paper on my mat and drew the design. I drew several sizes and was able to easily pick which size I want to cut. I'll save the papers that I draw for future reference. I wrote the sizes below each one.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #4661
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
That is correct...The markers work withthem all.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #4662
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The pens work in the little bug. I LOVE them! I was making cards today and needed a bread tag big enough for my design. Rather than cut it out and see, even with scrap paper, I just put printer paper on my mat and drew the design. I drew several sizes and was able to easily pick which size I want to cut. I'll save the papers that I draw for future reference. I wrote the sizes below each one.
Clever to make a reference sheet like that handy when you want to fit a stamped image in it.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #4663
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Great idea!

My Gallery
Old 12-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #4664
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the quick response. I really appreciate all the help from you ladies.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:29 PM   #4665
Total Quack

Quote:
Well I posted a thank you and some things but don't know where it went. I just don't know my way aroundd this site very well, how bout not at all! It is 5:30 AM here and I haven't been to bed!!!! I live in Paducah, Ky. I'm sure that no one is close to me but if you are please let me know. Now if I can just find this thread again I'll be doing GOOD. Thanks for all the info! Cuddle bug info anyone, I bought one but used it only once cause I can't figure out how the heck it works!!!!! I'm just impaired I guess, nice word for DUMB!
Happy Stampin! And thanks so much!
Kimber

You can easily find the thread if you go to Quick Links (on top of the forums and such on each page) and to User CP. Threads that you have posted in should be in there as 'subscribed threads'. I use that to find the main threads that I post in or am interested in. Make sense????

I think you will do just fine on here, and we welcome you!!!!!

Old 12-15-2007, 09:29 PM   #4666
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickers089 View Post
I've had my bug for a few weeks now and I'm reading these posts and am soooo confused. I didn't know I needed a degree in rocket science to get caught up on all the cricut lingo and chatter! lol what's DSS????
Welcome! I have to stop and think about it too, most of the time, lol. I'm sure that when they come out with new carts in the new year I'm really going to be confused lol.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #4667
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I need opinions. Please check out this question:
which cricut cart do I want?

You all enabled me to the poor house. Now you can all help me pick. lol
Saw your question, and that you'd already ordered NA by the time I looked, lol. Have fun with your NA, it would've been a hard decision for me too, because I'd love to have both of those carts!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:33 PM   #4668
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Cute! I bet those are going to be a hit with the parents!!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:35 PM   #4669
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims700 View Post
I unplug mine when I'm not using it, or if it'll be awhile before I'll be using it again. When it's been plugged in or used a bunch, it starts acting wonky, like the screen will go blank when you press cut. Keeping it unplugged seems to help that.

I do go through a lot of mats, but I've been using my bug a ton lately. I move the paper around also, but the mats can only be used so many times. HTH
Old 12-15-2007, 09:38 PM   #4670
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks,
Kimber
Thanks a mil.
Welcome! If you're able to, I'd get the big expression. I only have the little one, the "baby bug", but I love it. I want the bigger one, but can't get it at the moment. I scrap and make cards with my little one, too. HTH
Old 12-16-2007, 04:52 AM   #4671
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynstamps View Post
Tell your friend that if her Cricut is smoking then something is definitely wrong with it! She needs to call PC or take it back where she got it. Mine has never overheated and I have used mine hundreds of times! I use it practically every day and just last week I had to change the paper on my mat over 60 times within two hours. It worked great!
thanks I should have ask this question sooner. I just finished cutting out 160 favor boxes for my sisters wedding. I was afraid of messing up my bug so I only cut 10 a day. Needless to say it took awhile.

Also a heads up I was in Pat Catans yesterday and they have the Expressions machine with 2 cart. for $299. don't know if this has been posted or not.

*)
. .**) .**)
(*. (*.' Sharon*)
. .**) .**)
(*. (*.'

Old 12-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #4672
Gallery Gazer

Hey everyone! I have a very busy week but plan to do something with my bug this week!! I posted some jewelry I made on my blog along with a box I made with TBBM to put them in. They were a huge hit at church today. I will be making some more of them for a mother's party I am having on Tueaday. There are 6 of us exchanging gifts and I made everyone jewelry. Fun, fun, fun!!

My Gallery
Old 12-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #4673
Mad Swapper

I made them for the teachers too and what a huge hit it was for them. They even overpaid me to do the class with the kids.
I use to work at school and lost my job last year and I had so much fun seeing all the kids again. I told them to let me know what the parents thought of their present. Hopefully the teachers will call me.

Robin, I checked out your blog too....love the jewelry!
Check out mine and add a link to it if you like it.
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
lfinlay@scicable.com

Last edited by crazy4stamps; 12-16-2007 at 04:13 PM..
Old 12-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #4674
Die Cut Diva

[QUOTE=robynstamps;8034144]Hey everyone! I have a very busy week but plan to do something with my bug this week!! I posted some jewelry I made on my blog along with a box I made with TBBM to put them in.

OMG That is so stinkin' cute. Robyn, are you for real? You are so creative and now jewelry? Gosh I keep coming back to this forum - it's an addiction yet I never get around to using my bug as much as I want. I gotta get busy on Christmas gifts. YIKES! Kim
Old 12-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #4675
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey everyone! I have a very busy week but plan to do something with my bug this week!! I posted some jewelry I made on my blog along with a box I made with TBBM to put them in. They were a huge hit at church today. I will be making some more of them for a mother's party I am having on Tueaday. There are 6 of us exchanging gifts and I made everyone jewelry. Fun, fun, fun!!
Fun Idea very cute...
Old 12-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #4676
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to stampmouse

[quote=stampinscrapnewbie;8035456]
Quote:
Hey everyone! I have a very busy week but plan to do something with my bug this week!! I posted some jewelry I made on my blog along with a box I made with TBBM to put them in.

OMG That is so stinkin' cute. Robyn, are you for real? You are so creative and now jewelry? Gosh I keep coming back to this forum - it's an addiction yet I never get around to using my bug as much as I want. I gotta get busy on Christmas gifts. YIKES! Kim
kim what is your blog address
Old 12-16-2007, 07:13 PM   #4677
Stazon Splitcoast

anyone else wonder why they have not made a religious cart yet?? I would think there would be a huge market for that
Old 12-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #4678
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampmouse View Post
anyone else wonder why they have not made a religious cart yet?? I would think there would be a huge market for that
I think Joys of the Season has some religious objects.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:19 PM   #4679
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN View Post
I think Joys of the Season has some religious objects.
yes it does have some and oh my it has the 12 days of christmas as well. going on the list and I haven't even got my machine yet fingers crossed that its under the tree. there is a box under there just that size hoping and hoping.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:34 PM   #4680
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampmouse View Post
yes it does have some and oh my it has the 12 days of christmas as well. going on the list and I haven't even got my machine yet fingers crossed that its under the tree. there is a box under there just that size hoping and hoping.
I hope so too