Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #4601
Forum Fanatic

I will not order more carts. I will not order more carts. I will not order more carts. I can't. I have been looking today and I have to stop. I will NOT order just to get a freebie that I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise. Someone STOP ME! I do not need another cart right now. I don't. I did buy the pens today though...

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #4602
Forum Fanatic

Yay I'm at the top of the page!!

Old 12-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #4603
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynstamps View Post
Okay, I really, really want the DS software!!! I am NOT going to order it. I am NOT going to order it. I will wait til my birthday next month. I will wait til my birthday next month. I can do it, right????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????? Okay, that's a lot of question marks, sorry.

I'm off to my Pink Loft to create!! All my Christmas stuff is pretty much done. Yaaaaa me!
You can do it Robyn!!!!!!! YOu really did crack me up with this post though. Thanks for the chuckle. I really did need it. I have had a really awful week!

Pages completed for summer challenge: 32
Pages completed in 2009: 110 12x12 & 86 8x8
Pages completed in 2008: 242
Old 12-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #4604
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
Amy whur ebug says what version it is on the screen when you start up what does it say now my bug says 1.1
I just checked and it says cricut 2.0. Hope that helps.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #4605
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart2heart View Post
You can do it Robyn!!!!!!! YOu really did crack me up with this post though. Thanks for the chuckle. I really did need it. I have had a really awful week!
Oh Amy, I'm so sorry you've had a bad week. I hope it gets better soon. This one is on me................

I am totally in love with my big but!

My Gallery
Old 12-12-2007, 08:34 PM   #4606
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh Amy, I'm so sorry you've had a bad week. I hope it gets better soon. This one is on me................

LOL
Old 12-13-2007, 02:56 AM   #4607
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

LOL! Thanks Robyn! You put a smile on my face. I honestly wish I could say it is going to get better soon, but it isn't. I can't really say what is going on, but I will say it is something that any mother wishes she never had to deal with.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:20 AM   #4608
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
I saw on the cricut MB where someone had cut out the princesses at about 11 1/2 inches, and framed each one in a regular frame to hang in her daughter's room. I think that those princesses would work in her room, you could always do Cinderella in her wedding gown to make her match better, lol!
I've seen those. They are beautiful. I wonder if I could just make the frame around the princess and the princess and attach to the wall with sticky tack. My daughter has now said that she likes to "see" (meaning feel like she can touch) the princesses. Framing them in the princess frame might also give a little continuity. Thanks again ladies! I've got the cardstock too. I just need to find the time to start cutting!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:22 AM   #4609
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
LOL! Thanks Robyn! You put a smile on my face. I honestly wish I could say it is going to get better soon, but it isn't. I can't really say what is going on, but I will say it is something that any mother wishes she never had to deal with.
Amy {{{HUGS}}}
Old 12-13-2007, 05:08 AM   #4610
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi!
For those looking for the Cricut at a good price, Wal Mart has raised their prices back up. Or at least the Wal Mart in my part of Central California. Again I am so happy that I got mine when I did.

I've been using it a little and having a great time. I didn't realize the Happily Ever After princess cartridge did so many other designs too. I cut out the shoe and I want to try cutting out the mice next. Now I have to save up for the other cartridge. Right now I need to check out my paper supplies for cutting all those layers, this is so much fun.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:58 AM   #4611
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!
For those looking for the Cricut at a good price, Wal Mart has raised their prices back up. Or at least the Wal Mart in my part of Central California. Again I am so happy that I got mine when I did.

I've been using it a little and having a great time. I didn't realize the Happily Ever After princess cartridge did so many other designs too. I cut out the shoe and I want to try cutting out the mice next. Now I have to save up for the other cartridge. Right now I need to check out my paper supplies for cutting all those layers, this is so much fun.
Have fun Playing with it...I really want the princess carts...I am waiting until march
Old 12-13-2007, 06:17 AM   #4612
Total Quack

Quote:

Oh, I'm sorry, Amy. {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} Know that we are thinking about you!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 07:08 AM   #4613
Gallery Gazer

Okay, I did it!!!!! I ordered the DSS from Kim this morning. They are supposed to ship on Friday of next week. I am thinking that it will be a gift to go under the tree from my grandma. She sent us money this year and that still gives me money left over to get each of my children a gift for under the tree. Isn't it funny how I rationalize everything??? I really do need the software, though. I am buying some vinyl from my friend for super cheap and I want to weld some words together to put up on my walls.

My Gallery
Old 12-13-2007, 07:52 AM   #4614
Total Quack

Quote:
Okay, I did it!!!!! I ordered the DSS from Kim this morning. They are supposed to ship on Friday of next week. I am thinking that it will be a gift to go under the tree from my grandma. She sent us money this year and that still gives me money left over to get each of my children a gift for under the tree. Isn't it funny how I rationalize everything??? I really do need the software, though. I am buying some vinyl from my friend for super cheap and I want to weld some words together to put up on my walls.

Woohoo!!!!!! You will love it.

I bought some Wall Pops from Lowe's the other day. I'm going to make some fun things with those, but it will probably have to have to happen after Christmas.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:03 AM   #4615
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
LOL....??????????????????????????????????????????? ? LOL...
I love my little BUT...
Old 12-13-2007, 09:15 AM   #4616
Stazon Splitcoast

I got SYI.
Longstory, but a mistake in my favor, I guess. I been back and forth abotu getting it since my B-day, and Kim accidentally put it in instead of Paperdolls, so she said just ship it back and I said what if I was thinking of buying it anyway, she said she'ld sell it to me without shipping cost and no extra paypal fee, so I got it for what she sells a cart for. Makes me happy because, I have it and I have wanted it and Dh said just Buy it instead of sending it back, shh...He doesnt really know what they cost ...
Old 12-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #4617
Embossing Fanatic

I can't figure out SYI? It must be fun though!?
I just finished cutting my own Word Album (like Bo Bunny's) I was able to make the whole album using the DSS and preview it, to make sure that everything lined up right and then cut it. I did it by opening a new page for every letter and then hitting preview and it will show you the whol album. I used the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, the letters are similar to the bo bunny albums. There is a square that I welded the letters to. It worked really well.

I have been running into a few more problems...
1. don't press stop on your machine while it is cutting.....hit the cancel button on the computer screen if you need to stop the cut. If you hit the stop button on the machine, the software cut button doesn't work anymore. Then you have to shut down the software and reboot it to be able to cut again.
2. Everyonce in awhile there will be an error message that pops up, it seems to be when I am wanting to move the letters to align them closer. but it will bring up the error message and a big red x box appears on the page and you have lost your work for that page. I think that it does it more when I am on the 200% screen. I use that screen to make sure that everything is really well aligned. Has anybody else run accross that error, and do you know exactly what is causing the error?

I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am with the DSS. I can't believe we have lived without it for this long.

Oh, another thing, Provo Craft just offered us a good deal on cartridges, you may be able to get them cheaper from your favorite retailer! Keep your eyes open. (we don't do online sales....so this is not to benefit my store!) Just a heads up to all you ladies!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:02 AM   #4618
Kookie Creator

Send a message via MSN to scrapgirl72

I succumbed to the cartridge deal. I tried to resist when I got the e-mail this morning but wasn't strong enough. Paper Dolls and Tags, Bags Boxes and More are on their way to me from Custom Crops. I'll send in the rebate form and go from there. Merry Christmas to me . . . . again! (I must stop buying cartridges, I must stop buying cartridges, I must stop buying cartridges . . . )

Mī Designs
Old 12-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #4619
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!
Our walmart did too-we were there last night and they had the 'special value' ones marked up to $184.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #4620
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by svonderharr View Post
I can't figure out SYI?.........
I have been running into a few more problems...
1. don't press stop on your machine while it is cutting.....hit the cancel button on the computer screen if you need to stop the cut. If you hit the stop button on the machine, the software cut button doesn't work anymore. Then you have to shut down the software and reboot it to be able to cut again.
2. Everyonce in awhile there will be an error message that pops up, it seems to be when I am wanting to move the letters to align them closer. but it will bring up the error message and a big red x box appears on the page and you have lost your work for that page. I think that it does it more when I am on the 200% screen. I use that screen to make sure that everything is really well aligned. Has anybody else run accross that error, and do you know exactly what is causing the error?

.........Oh, another thing, Provo Craft just offered us a good deal on cartridges, you may be able to get them cheaper from your favorite retailer! Keep your eyes open. (we don't do online sales....so this is not to benefit my store!) Just a heads up to all you ladies!
SYI=Stretch Your Imagination
I did run into the 1st problem, my paper came unstuck from the mat during the cut. but it was fine onece I shut everything down and restarted it.

I havent had the other problem, but I havent used the 200% screen.
Thansk for keeping us informed.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #4621
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapgirl72 View Post
I succumbed to the cartridge deal. I tried to resist when I got the e-mail this morning but wasn't strong enough. Paper Dolls and Tags, Bags Boxes and More are on their way to me from Custom Crops. I'll send in the rebate form and go from there. Merry Christmas to me . . . . again! (I must stop buying cartridges, I must stop buying cartridges, I must stop buying cartridges . . . )
Do you have the link for the rebate....I did just buy two carts separate days but I might want that rebate form...Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 11:08 AM   #4622
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
Our walmart did too-we were there last night and they had the 'special value' ones marked up to $184.
But.... Did you actually take one of those bundled boxes to the price scanner thingy? They still ring up at $119. I just bought one of those last week. They had all the signage to say it was $184 (the shelf sticker and the sign that sticks out) but it still rang up at $119. I think once the two-cartridge bundles are gone, that's it... and they won't get them back in stock.

Kimberly
Old 12-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #4623
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN View Post
But.... Did you actually take one of those bundled boxes to the price scanner thingy? They still ring up at $119. I just bought one of those last week. They had all the signage to say it was $184 (the shelf sticker and the sign that sticks out) but it still rang up at $119. I think once the two-cartridge bundles are gone, that's it... and they won't get them back in stock.

Kimberly
They changed it in their system and they no longer ring up for $119. A friend of mine called me from Walmart yesterday at the checkout counter telling me about it. Just last week they rang up for $119 but yesterday they were ringing up for $184. They would not give her the lower price. It was the box with George and Keystone in it.

My Gallery
Old 12-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #4624
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
They changed it in their system and they no longer ring up for $119. A friend of mine called me from Walmart yesterday at the checkout counter telling me about it. Just last week they rang up for $119 but yesterday they were ringing up for $184. They would not give her the lower price. It was the box with George and Keystone in it.
Ohhhhh! Well drat to those who weren't able to get one.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #4625
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Ohhhhh! Well drat to those who weren't able to get one.
I know. I feel bad for my friend, though, but she did wait until the last minute to buy one. I still think $184 is a great deal with two carts.

My Gallery
Old 12-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #4626
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for the well wishes. Today has been the best day I have had since Saturday. I decided to take a day and ignore everything I should have been doing regarding the situation just so I could attempt to de-stress a little. Now, if only in reality it was that easy.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #4627
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Do you have the link for the rebate....I did just buy two carts separate days but I might want that rebate form...Thanks
http://www.cricut.com/get1free/

this is the address for the rebate. I don't know how to make a link...sorry
Old 12-13-2007, 02:56 PM   #4628
Embossing Fanatic

I guess I do know how to post a link! Yeah for me!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #4629
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by svonderharr View Post
I guess I do know how to post a link! Yeah for me!
Whoo Hoo thanks!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 06:29 AM   #4630
Gallery Gazer

Where is everyone???

My Gallery
Old 12-14-2007, 06:59 AM   #4631
Kookie Creator

Send a message via MSN to scrapgirl72

Quote:

Here's the link, it's from the Cricut website: http://www.cricut.com/get1free/

Unfortunately, the free cartridge is from a list they provide, but if you already have it you could sell it on ebay or to a friend.

Mī Designs
Old 12-14-2007, 07:46 AM   #4632
Stampin' Fool

I've had my bug for a few weeks now and I'm reading these posts and am soooo confused. I didn't know I needed a degree in rocket science to get caught up on all the cricut lingo and chatter! lol what's DSS????

Old 12-14-2007, 09:24 AM   #4633
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickers089 View Post
I've had my bug for a few weeks now and I'm reading these posts and am soooo confused. I didn't know I needed a degree in rocket science to get caught up on all the cricut lingo and chatter! lol what's DSS????
Well, it could be your Darling (or Dear or Devilish) Step Son OR... the new Design Studio software that came out that works in conjunction with the Cricut machine. You don't have to have the software to use the Cricut machine though.

Kimberly
Old 12-14-2007, 09:58 AM   #4634
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Design Studio Software (I think
Old 12-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #4635
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Well, it could be your Darling (or Dear or Devilish) Step Son OR... the new Design Studio software that came out that works in conjunction with the Cricut machine. You don't have to have the software to use the Cricut machine though.

Kimberly
But once you try it, you'll want it!

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. Victor Hugo

SeeMyGallery!
Old 12-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #4636
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Where is everyone???
am here I am here, Its been a busy day...I think when you asked I was finishing up my exercise class or my Christmas Shopping..I think I finished both today, We will see when I divide it int o piles and see how they measure up..Sometimes I find out I forgot someone.I do not do a list....
Like DH for instance I didnt get hm anything but he bought himself an 80$ book last week an antique, and I think we are counting that...
Old 12-14-2007, 01:18 PM   #4637
Forum Fanatic

I don't know if anyone commented on the selecting the box again. I found that if I click once within the box and then once on the last letter, it will *usually* bring up the outline with all the arrow circles again.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #4638
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes it is the software. There is a link to the free trial a little ways back in the thread it came out last Thursday or Friday, so you'll find the link a Week ago. Goodluck its very addicting, but if you only have the bug and the carts it came with you will be happy with just the Trial version....For Now..
Old 12-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #4639
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I don't know if anyone commented on the selecting the box again. I found that if I click once within the box and then once on the last letter, it will *usually* bring up the outline with all the arrow circles again.
Just clicking on any of the letters until it becomes dashed opens the box.

SO Gale you got it working or did you go buy it?
Old 12-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #4640
Forum Fanatic

I need opinions. Please check out this question:
which cricut cart do I want?

You all enabled me to the poor house. Now you can all help me pick. lol