Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #4561
Stazon Splitcoast

Exclamation Trial software Glitch?!?

To night I used my cricut with Mini Monograms thsi is the firsttime using it with out the software after updatingthe firmware withthe design studion trial.

It takes over 20 hits on the arrows to adjust the blade for a smaller sheet of paper, seems the blade moves in less than 1/16th increments now. I have emailed PC about my problem.. I would suggest if you have updated and have a problem you let them know also. I am wondering if this a old cricut thing for bugs like mine or if it is affecting the E-bug also.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #4562
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the tips and the help, ladies.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #4563
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
To night I used my cricut with Mini Monograms thsi is the firsttime using it with out the software after updatingthe firmware withthe design studion trial.

It takes over 20 hits on the arrows to adjust the blade for a smaller sheet of paper, seems the blade moves in less than 1/16th increments now. I have emailed PC about my problem.. I would suggest if you have updated and have a problem you let them know also. I am wondering if this a old cricut thing for bugs like mine or if it is affecting the E-bug also.
Well my Dh came home and when I explained it to him he said what does it do when you hold the button down.... well it just scrolls the paper in so that works great moves in alot quicker and betterthan before...he's a genius...LOL ...Sometimes
Old 12-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #4564
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynstamps View Post
My Stretch arrived today!!! I haven't even opened up the Priority packaging yet!! Should I wrap it and put it under the tree from Santa or should I open it tonight and play??? Hmmmmmmmm.
Well, what did you decide to do?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #4565
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I am going to start using my new carts to get my mind off of it for a while. I can't wait to play! I will be off from work after tomorrow..Yippee!!
Enjoy your break and your new carts!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #4566
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Well my Dh came home and when I explained it to him he said what does it do when you hold the button down.... well it just scrolls the paper in so that works great moves in alot quicker and betterthan before...he's a genius...LOL ...Sometimes
That's why we keep them around, lol!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #4567
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
I am just hoping you can nudge the letters too but i havent played with it inthe trial yet to find out... since the tails are so long their is a sample of the letters linked on a Scarpbook page on the Cricut thread. Looks nice even though the letters are well spaced. .. and you'll have to find it yourself because I am not exactly sure where I saw it. Maybe on PC website withthe add for the software...been browsing alot for ideas this week
I tried the opposites attract cartridge today, the letters do look really nice welded together....even the long letters attach nicely.

I've been playing with the software for a couple of hours now, and I"m getting frustrated again, it's telling me I need to update my firmware again! I already did that three or four times the first day I got the software! Ugh....I know that it must be a glich somewhere, so I guess I will just head to bed! I'm sure it will work again tomorrow!

I played with the welding feature somemore tonight too. I'm thinking that if you type in your word, then click on the first letter, then hit weld and apply that it might weld the whole word together. It doesn't work all the time though, so I"m not sure what to think. I have also been having better luck switching between letters by clicking right on the lines of the letters.

Someone had a question about changing the size of the letters too. I think that you click on either side of the default size chart to make the letters/shapes bigger or smaller. I don't think you can change the size within a text box, you have to hit enter and then start again. I have been running into problems with the letters not matching up quite right....like in Opposites attract the S A R A will all be at the same height , but then throw the H on and it is not alligned with the rest of the letters. so I hit enter and manually align it, Anybody know if there is a simpler way to do that?

Hope you guys don't mind the long post! I'm having fun! Someone had mentioned a tote for their cricut, does anyone know if they make a tote for the expression? I've been hauling mine from the store to home in the box and it's kind of bulky and not easy to get around....I know it's supposed to stay stationary, but I can't afford one for home too and it's soo much more fun than the little bug!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #4568
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by svonderharr View Post
I tried the opposites attract cartridge today, the letters do look really nice welded together....even the long letters attach nicely.

I've been playing with the software for a couple of hours now, and I"m getting frustrated again, it's telling me I need to update my firmware again! I already did that three or four times the first day I got the software! Ugh....I know that it must be a glich somewhere, so I guess I will just head to bed! I'm sure it will work again tomorrow! ...
Hope you guys don't mind the long post! I'm having fun! Someone had mentioned a tote for their cricut, does anyone know if they make a tote for the expression? I've been hauling mine from the store to home in the box and it's kind of bulky and not easy to get around....I know it's supposed to stay stationary, but I can't afford one for home too and it's soo much more fun than the little bug!
Oh I appreciate the info you're doing the playing for me because I have been to busy, oplus I am waiting for the full version of the software so I can actually cut it after, but I find your tip useful..I dont know about a tote for the ebug havent looked I own the small one, probably will for years until I get my moneys worth out of it or quit buying new carts, right now I'ld rather add to my cart ownership
also I just ignore the updates and exit out then reopen it and it works fine I think its just trial pkg issues
Old 12-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #4569
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
Well, what did you decide to do?
I opened it but I didn't play with it yet! I was finishing up some Christmas cards. I only made around 18 by hand and the rest were made by the photo company. lol. They turned out nice though.

Okay, I'm off to bed. We are not sure if our kids have school or not tomorrow. All the other public schools are closed in our area except for our city. Go figure. I would prefer that the kids were back in school. They are going stir crazy!!

My Gallery
Old 12-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #4570
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I opened it but I didn't play with it yet! I was finishing up some Christmas cards. I only made around 18 by hand and the rest were made by the photo company. lol. They turned out nice though.

Okay, I'm off to bed. We are not sure if our kids have school or not tomorrow. All the other public schools are closed in our area except for our city. Go figure. I would prefer that the kids were back in school. They are going stir crazy!!
Gotta love those photo cards! I was wishing we'd done some of those, lol. There's always next year. Hope you're able to play with your new cart tomorrow!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:20 AM   #4571
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I opened it but I didn't play with it yet! I was finishing up some Christmas cards..... They are going stir crazy!!
This time of year thier craziness is worse than normal... You must be going nuts too!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:20 AM   #4572
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
That's why we keep them around, lol!
LOL...and other reasons too
Old 12-12-2007, 05:21 AM   #4573
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
Thanks for the tips and the help, ladies.
YOu're more than welcome
Old 12-12-2007, 05:22 AM   #4574
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldwinterton View Post
If you haven't already, I would open it take out the cart, book and keypad then wrap the empty box!!!
SNEAKY
Old 12-12-2007, 05:29 AM   #4575
Crimping Master

I bought mine last year from walmart and it came with 1 cartridge this year they are selling them and they have 2 cartridges and are $70 cheaper---i should have held out longer--$119 at my local wal-mart
Old 12-12-2007, 06:43 AM   #4576
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
This time of year thier craziness is worse than normal... You must be going nuts too!
Talk about craziness...we leave for florida on friday to board a disney cruise on Sunday. My dd has been on antibiotic for mild sinus infection for 10 days. Last night..103 fever and totally crashed out. No other symptoms except minor stuffiness, smallish cough she's had for 2 weeks. So of course, she's home today. We go to the ENT at 3pm (she's got tubes and one was blocked when we were there last week.) to make sure she's not got an infection in there.

I am sad she is sick, but I REALLY didnt need her home this week!!! I have so much to do! And if I'm up running about, she thinks its ok for her to do the same and our rule for sick days is BED, TV, Books, Video Games, BED. So here I sit surfing away while laundry runs and I start to gather things to pack.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #4577
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberfite View Post
I bought mine last year from walmart and it came with 1 cartridge this year they are selling them and they have 2 cartridges and are $70 cheaper---i should have held out longer--$119 at my local wal-mart
But you have got a years worth of Scrapbooking or card making havent you! At least I hope you had I bought mine when it first came out thought I got a deal at 249$ now I could get close to an Ebug for that. so I am holding out for it and waiting for prices to drop on carts but love using my Bug
Old 12-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #4578
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinChrissylea View Post
Talk about craziness...we leave for florida on friday to board a disney cruise on Sunday. My dd has been on antibiotic for mild sinus infection for 10 days. Last night..103 fever and totally crashed out. No other symptoms except minor stuffiness, smallish cough she's had for 2 weeks. So of course, she's home today. .......So here I sit surfing away while laundry runs and I start to gather things to pack.
Hope she gets better and you enjoy your trip...Good Luck
Old 12-12-2007, 09:26 AM   #4579
Stazon Splitcoast

We are getting close to making a new thread...Hope everyone is having a good day I am cricutting tonight and cleaning today. BYE
Old 12-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #4580
Rubber Obsessor

Hi! Any suggestions on how to highlight bling cardstock for a Paper Dolls princess? I've tried a SU pen and a paint pen. The SU black pen looked faded. The paint pen was ok. Any other suggestions?

Any thoughts on what I can do for my dd's wall? I have the Paper Dolls princess and both Disney Princess carts. She has a headboard shaped like a castle and fairiy princesses on her bedspread. Has anyone made more than one princess theme cut out for a wall? If so, what combination did you make. I may just make the Paper Doll Prince and Princess with the Zooaballo frame with her name in it below the two dolls, but I have this feeling that there may be a better idea. Oh, I thought about her 3 favorite princesses, Aurora, Ariel and Cinderella only her room is all pinks, purples and whites. Wasn't sure if these three would work well with those colors. Thanks for any ideas!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:44 AM   #4581
Mad Swapper

I have question about the cricut. I'm thinking about buying it, but wanted to know about making place cards. Is there a general function for making place careds that I can use with any cartridge, or will only certain cartiridges make place cards (I know one of the holiday has one that die cuts a reindeer in the corner).

Also is there a cartridge with a bride and groom or other wedding things.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #4582
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl5 View Post
Hi! Any suggestions on how to highlight bling cardstock for a Paper Dolls princess? I've tried a SU pen and a paint pen. The SU black pen looked faded. The paint pen was ok. Any other suggestions?

Any thoughts on what I can do for my dd's wall? I have the Paper Dolls princess and both Disney Princess carts. She has a headboard shaped like a castle and fairiy princesses on her bedspread. Has anyone made more than one princess theme cut out for a wall? If so, what combination did you make. I may just make the Paper Doll Prince and Princess with the Zooaballo frame with her name in it below the two dolls, but I have this feeling that there may be a better idea. Oh, I thought about her 3 favorite princesses, Aurora, Ariel and Cinderella only her room is all pinks, purples and whites. Wasn't sure if these three would work well with those colors. Thanks for any ideas!
I think her favorite princesses would work I think you could jsut modify some colors so they would better coordinate with the wall colors or maybe just make flower corners and trims the coordinate, might be foun to have the princesses be a contrast...
I cant picture the high light problem but a Zig pen in black might work If you are just looking to outline details.
If you want more shimmer I would try a stardust gel pen I like them because they do a very fine line
Old 12-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #4583
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctab View Post
I have question about the cricut. I'm thinking about buying it, but wanted to know about making place cards. Is there a general function for making place careds that I can use with any cartridge, or will only certain cartiridges make place cards (I know one of the holiday has one that die cuts a reindeer in the corner).

The only cart I am aware of besides paper dolls that might manange a bride and groom is Stretch your Imagination. It has maybe 3 cut specifically for weddings, the New Christmas one( Joy ) the doves might work or the golden rings as far as place cards are you looking for traditional place holder cards or are square ones okay. George always cuts rectangles you could fold and have a plain card. I think that is a use your imagination thing and many of the carts can fill that need. HTH
Old 12-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #4584
Mad Swapper

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I realize that this machine is an endless possibility sort of thing, but before I buy it I wanted to make sure it could at least do the things I was looking for. Thanks again it means a lot.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:02 PM   #4585
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I realize that this machine is an endless possibility sort of thing, but before I buy it I wanted to make sure it could at least do the things I was looking for. Thanks again it means a lot.
You're welcome
Old 12-12-2007, 01:51 PM   #4586
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I think her favorite princesses would work I think you could jsut modify some colors so they would better coordinate with the wall colors or maybe just make flower corners and trims the coordinate, might be foun to have the princesses be a contrast...
I cant picture the high light problem but a Zig pen in black might work If you are just looking to outline details.
If you want more shimmer I would try a stardust gel pen I like them because they do a very fine line
Great ideas. Thank you! I am off to the scrapbooking store to by the cardstock for the Disney Princesses. I will have to look for the pens. Thanks again!
Old 12-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #4587
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Sounds like it is moving like the ebug. It moves in very small increments. I think it is 1/16 increments if I am remembering correctly. The screen on the ebug inidcates what it has moved. It will move faster if you hold the button down on the ebug.

Pages completed for summer challenge: 32
Pages completed in 2009: 110 12x12 & 86 8x8
Pages completed in 2008: 242
Old 12-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #4588
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Yep, that's what happens with the ebug when you hold the button down.

Pages completed for summer challenge: 32
Pages completed in 2009: 110 12x12 & 86 8x8
Pages completed in 2008: 242
Old 12-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #4589
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart2heart View Post
Yep, that's what happens with the ebug when you hold the button down.
Amy whur ebug says what version it is on the screen when you start up what does it say now my bug says 1.1
Old 12-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #4590
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Amy whur ebug says what version it is on the screen when you start up what does it say now my bug says 1.1
whur = what does your seems the add loading has been messing up my quick typing
Old 12-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #4591
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
LOL...and other reasons too
Yeah, to do the kitty litter and take out the garbage, LOL!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #4592
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinChrissylea View Post
Talk about craziness...we leave for florida on friday to board a disney cruise on Sunday. My dd has been on antibiotic for mild sinus infection for 10 days. Last night..103 fever and totally crashed out. No other symptoms except minor stuffiness, smallish cough she's had for 2 weeks. So of course, she's home today. We go to the ENT at 3pm (she's got tubes and one was blocked when we were there last week.) to make sure she's not got an infection in there.

I am sad she is sick, but I REALLY didnt need her home this week!!! I have so much to do! And if I'm up running about, she thinks its ok for her to do the same and our rule for sick days is BED, TV, Books, Video Games, BED. So here I sit surfing away while laundry runs and I start to gather things to pack.
Sorry to hear that she's sick! I hope she feels better soon, and you're able to get stuff done!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #4593
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl5 View Post

I saw on the cricut MB where someone had cut out the princesses at about 11 1/2 inches, and framed each one in a regular frame to hang in her daughter's room. I think that those princesses would work in her room, you could always do Cinderella in her wedding gown to make her match better, lol!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #4594
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Several of the cartridges have a card function, you can check on the cricut.com and look at the cart handbooks to see which ones you like better.

I did a wedding scrapbook for my SIL in the spring, and I really wish that there was a cart with wedding-themed images!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #4595
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The only cart I am aware of besides paper dolls that might manange a bride and groom is Stretch your Imagination. It has maybe 3 cut specifically for weddings, the New Christmas one( Joy ) the doves might work or the golden rings as far as place cards are you looking for traditional place holder cards or are square ones okay. George always cuts rectangles you could fold and have a plain card. I think that is a use your imagination thing and many of the carts can fill that need. HTH
Those are great ideas, Kathy! I havn't seen the new Stretch your Imagination, so I didn't realize that there were wedding images now. I sure could've used them this spring, LOL!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #4596
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That's what we're here for. Jasmine is a great font cart to do wedding themed albums, I used it all throughout my SIL's 12x12 album. It really makes it look elegant.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #4597
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

I think that Beyond Birthdays has some wedding themed things on it too. Not sure about a bride and groom though.
A couple of the cartridges do placecards, I think with the ebug you could probably manage to make all kinds of placecards. The cartridge that does the reindeer is christmas cheer. We used them for gift card holders last year...very cute! With the ebug you could even get names cut right out, and welded together. I might have to get busy with that!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #4598
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Hope she gets better and you enjoy your trip...Good Luck
She seems better tonight. No fever since this morning, going toschool tomorrow come hell or high water. Went to the ENT today just for my own peace of mind. No ear infections(one of her tubes is blocked with either membrane or wax so in effect its like there's no tube) Since we are going out of the country he put her on a stronger antibiotic for the little bit of sinus infection that's left. If we'd been staying home we'd let it run it's course and I'd been fine with that. So, I think we're ok.

I think part of her wants to be gone already and isn't interested in school.I know I'm feeling that way!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #4599
Gallery Gazer

Okay, I really, really want the DS software!!! I am NOT going to order it. I am NOT going to order it. I will wait til my birthday next month. I will wait til my birthday next month. I can do it, right????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????? Okay, that's a lot of question marks, sorry.

I'm off to my Pink Loft to create!! All my Christmas stuff is pretty much done. Yaaaaa me!

My Gallery
Old 12-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #4600
Gabfest Goddess

Got my Paper Dolls in the mail today!!! Do I have time to play...NOOOOOO..