Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 05:02 AM   #4521
Stampin' Fool

Exclamation

good Morning all. I was wondering if anyone has attempted to make a cover for their cricut yet. I have the tote for mine but wanted to make something to cover it when I have it set up on my desk.

Also I had ask before but it probably got overlooked with all the excitement of the DSS who is the Kim that you all talk about purchasing cartridges from. thanks so much

*)
. .**) .**)
(*. (*.' Sharon*)
. .**) .**)
(*. (*.'

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:18 AM   #4522
Glitter Guru

Default Kim's website

Here you go: http://www.freewebs.com/kimskorner/index.htm
Old 12-11-2007, 05:41 AM   #4523
Stampin' Fool

thank you I will go check them out.

*)
. .**) .**)
(*. (*.' Sharon*)
. .**) .**)
(*. (*.'

Old 12-11-2007, 05:52 AM   #4524
Pearl-ExPert

Just found this thread. Will have to work my way thru it, but I appreciate all the tips so far!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:58 AM   #4525
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsbyjo View Post
Just found this thread. Will have to work my way thru it, but I appreciate all the tips so far!
Welcome!
Old 12-11-2007, 06:01 AM   #4526
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Yeah...from my experience, only read it with one eye open or you will be enabled to purchase just about anything card/scrapbook-making related!!! LOL!!!

Seriously, I do share your sentiment. These ladies are so wonderful! I cannot wait to get my Cricut (13 days!!) and play with it!
Old 12-11-2007, 06:50 AM   #4527
Compulsive Stamper

I just got a cricut expressions this weekend and I love it, but I was wondering if anyone has cut the vinyl letters and where do you purchase the vinyl?

Thanks any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:02 AM   #4528
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jsmom View Post
I just got a cricut expressions this weekend and I love it, but I was wondering if anyone has cut the vinyl letters and where do you purchase the vinyl?

You can buy what is called "Wall Pops" at your local hardware store and they work great. They are cheaper than the vinyl that PC sells and comes in a wide variety of colors.

Welcome to the world of Cricuts!

My Gallery
Old 12-11-2007, 07:22 AM   #4529
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jsmom View Post

KIM is also selling different colors of Vinyl she found that is less expensive than PC in the same size sheets, she has some colors now and says she will be getting alot more colors in the future
Old 12-11-2007, 07:24 AM   #4530
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hello
Old 12-11-2007, 08:06 AM   #4531
Gabfest Goddess

Sneaky, sneaky people!!!! I had a bid on the DS software and I thought I had it in the bag. Someone came up with 5 seconds left and outbid me!!! I totally thought I had it. I'm sure it's okay that I didn't win it but I was so excited for a few minutes. Oh well. I don't lurk and bid so I guess that's my problem. I don't have the ebay game down.

My Gallery
Old 12-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #4532
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
KIM is also selling different colors of Vinyl she found that is less expensive than PC in the same size sheets, she has some colors now and says she will be getting alot more colors in the future
That's good to know! I guess I should also just order the DS software from her but from what I understand she is not even getting it in until the 17th and then she has to send it out. When I want something.......... I want it NOW! LOL! I order from Kim a lot and only have good things to say about her but sometimes I'm very impatient.

My Gallery
Old 12-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #4533
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynstamps View Post
Sneaky, sneaky people!!!! I had a bid on the DS software and I thought I had it in the bag. Someone came up with 5 seconds left and outbid me!!! I totally thought I had it. I'm sure it's okay that I didn't win it but I was so excited for a few minutes. Oh well. I don't lurk and bid so I guess that's my problem. I don't have the ebay game down.
Sometimes it might just be that the winning bidder just happened to search and found the auction almost ending so they placed a bid. I've done that. (Not lurking or sniping, just came across the auction.) But I do hate it when I lose an auction. Then again, I rarely ever bid on auctions anymore. I prefer the Buy It Now because I get too stressed out from the bidding part. LOL
Old 12-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #4534
Polyshrink Goddess

I didn't get your item, but when I bid on Ebay, I do try to get my bid in within the last 15 seconds of the auction. It works very well for me. That way other bidders don't have time to think about bidding again.

Now, I need to find the software. The trial version is working very well for me and I liked using it just to plan a layout with Base Camp (which I still had to enter the old-fashioned way....)

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. Victor Hugo

SeeMyGallery!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:49 AM   #4535
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennkb View Post
I didn't get your item, but when I bid on Ebay, I do try to get my bid in within the last 15 seconds of the auction. It works very well for me. That way other bidders don't have time to think about bidding again.

Now, I need to find the software. The trial version is working very well for me and I liked using it just to plan a layout with Base Camp (which I still had to enter the old-fashioned way....)
I love the trial version, too, that is why I need the software now!! I'm not sure if I can wait for it. It's a family gift, of course, because I use it to preserve my family's heritage.

My Gallery
Old 12-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #4536
Kookie Creator

Sorry about the highjack--I'm not exactly sure where to post this... but I was wondering if anyone has the Opposites Attract cartridge and could answer a question for me. When you type in a word to cut, does it cut each letter seperately or in one piece with the word all together (since it is in a cursive font). Does this make sense? Also, I'm debating between the Cricut and Cricut Expression. What are your opinions?? TIA for everyone's help!!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:56 AM   #4537
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims700 View Post
good Morning all. I was wondering if anyone has attempted to make a cover for their cricut yet. I have the tote for mine but wanted to make something to cover it when I have it set up on my desk.
I have seen patterns for covers online. You can find it easily by googling cricut cover or something like that. I printed the pattern but with the holidays looming I have not had time to make it yet. I plan to though and will post it when I get it done.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 12-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #4538
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDstamper View Post
Sorry about the highjack--I'm not exactly sure where to post this... but I was wondering if anyone has the Opposites Attract cartridge and could answer a question for me. When you type in a word to cut, does it cut each letter seperately or in one piece with the word all together (since it is in a cursive font). Does this make sense? Also, I'm debating between the Cricut and Cricut Expression. What are your opinions?? TIA for everyone's help!!
It cuts each letter separately but with the new software that just came out you can weld your letters together to make them come out in one cut.

My Gallery
Old 12-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #4539
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Also I had ask before but it probably got overlooked with all the excitement of the DSS who is the Kim that you all talk about purchasing cartridges from. thanks so much
I had a friend make me one when I got my Cricut. She's so sweet. Anyway, for some reason I felt like it needed a cover, like a toaster from the 70's.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:12 PM   #4540
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That's good to know! I guess I should also just order the DS software from her but from what I understand she is not even getting it in until the 17th and then she has to send it out. When I want something.......... I want it NOW! LOL! I order from Kim a lot and only have good things to say about her but sometimes I'm very impatient.
I dont know Robyn I ordered Paperdolls and the software and she agreed to ship them together...I wasnt expecting it until next week, then on Friday I got a shipping saying it was processed and left SLC then. So I am expecting it this week...Unless someone messed up and sent just paperdolls.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #4541
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I bought matching covers for my Cuttlebug and Cricut machine from this eBay seller: http://stores.ebay.com/HOME-SEWN-CRAFTS-AND-MORE I know I could have probably made this myself but it was so nice to NOT have to do this. I paid $9.99 (for both) and shipping was only $2.75. I lucked out because the color matches my wall paint perfectly - and I wasn't even trying.

Kimberly
Old 12-11-2007, 02:14 PM   #4542
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
me neither unless I am really bidding on something I want then I watch the last few seconds just in case. I always worry that the owner has two id's and will bid it up at the end to get the price he wants...I guess sometimes I think people are sneaky...
Old 12-11-2007, 02:15 PM   #4543
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN View Post
I bought matching covers for my Cuttlebug and Cricut machine from this eBay seller: http://stores.ebay.com/HOME-SEWN-CRAFTS-AND-MORE I know I could have probably made this myself but it was so nice to NOT have to do this. I paid $9.99 (for both) and shipping was only $2.75. I lucked out because the color matches my wall paint perfectly - and I wasn't even trying.
Kimberly
Sounds like a good price for covers for both. I dont think I am interested though because I use them both enough that The covers would be in the way.KWIM...
Old 12-11-2007, 02:17 PM   #4544
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I dont know Robyn I ordered Paperdolls and the software and she agreed to ship them together...I wasnt expecting it until next week, then on Friday I got a shipping saying it was processed and left SLC then. So I am expecting it this week...Unless someone messed up and sent just paperdolls.
I never did get a shipping notice and my Paper Dolls arrived today. (Woo-hoo!) Now I just need to wait patiently for the Design Studio software...

Kimberly
Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #4545
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Kimberly
Sounds like a good deal. Guess I will jump on over there & check them out.
Thanks
Sharon

*)
. .**) .**)
(*. (*.' Sharon*)
. .**) .**)
(*. (*.'

Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #4546
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
It cuts each letter separately but with the new software that just came out you can weld your letters together to make them come out in one cut.
I am just hoping you can nudge the letters too but i havent played with it inthe trial yet to find out... since the tails are so long their is a sample of the letters linked on a Scarpbook page on the Cricut thread. Looks nice even though the letters are well spaced. .. and you'll have to find it yourself because I am not exactly sure where I saw it. Maybe on PC website withthe add for the software...been browsing alot for ideas this week
Old 12-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #4547
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I've tried, but I'm not very good at sewing, lol. There's a pattern that someone is sharing on the cricut MB, but I didn't understand the it or the directions, lol.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #4548
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Welcome!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #4549
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That's a bummer! That's happened to me before, too.

Last edited by danssister; 12-11-2007 at 02:31 PM..
Old 12-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #4550
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I am just hoping you can nudge the letters too but i havent played with it inthe trial yet to find out... since the tails are so long their is a sample of the letters linked on a Scarpbook page on the Cricut thread. Looks nice even though the letters are well spaced. .. and you'll have to find it yourself because I am not exactly sure where I saw it. Maybe on PC website withthe add for the software...been browsing alot for ideas this week
There is actually a demo file in the DS trial that says Welcome and uses Opposites attract welded together. Looks great!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #4551
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh I hate wehn teachers do that... Test on stuff they never covered did you actually get eh score back or are you just thinking it was bad...
I won't get my score till next week. This is really stressful...

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #4552
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
I won't get my score till next week. This is really stressful...
I hope you did way better than you're thinking
Old 12-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #4553
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldwinterton View Post
There is actually a demo file in the DS trial that says Welcome and uses Opposites attract welded together. Looks great!
I knew I saw it somewhere!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:17 PM   #4554
Gabfest Goddess

My Stretch arrived today!!! I haven't even opened up the Priority packaging yet!! Should I wrap it and put it under the tree from Santa or should I open it tonight and play??? Hmmmmmmmm.

My Gallery
Old 12-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #4555
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Kimberly
she has some cute designs!! I think I might just order one with a flap (the pattern I printed has no flap/opening) and make a pattern from it. I could probably figure out a pattern on my own though. Maybe I'll give it a shot-I have so much fabric it's insane. I might as well use some of it. I'll report back if I get it done.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 12-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #4556
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I hope you did way better than you're thinking
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I am going to start using my new carts to get my mind off of it for a while. I can't wait to play! I will be off from work after tomorrow..Yippee!!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #4557
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
My Stretch arrived today!!! I haven't even opened up the Priority packaging yet!! Should I wrap it and put it under the tree from Santa or should I open it tonight and play??? Hmmmmmmmm.
PLAY by all means!!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #4558
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Bummer that you didn't win Robyn!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #4559
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
If you haven't already, I would open it take out the cart, book and keypad then wrap the empty box!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #4560
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDstamper View Post
Not a hijack at all. That's what we are here for. If you look at the top of this forum there is a cricut FAQ sticky. It has lots of good info in it. The last time this question was asked Kathy copied the posts comparing the 2 machines. My vote is for the expression (e-bug in our lingo) over the baby bug. I love mine! Let us know if you need any more info.