Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #4481
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
My sis just called me & said she is getting married in April. Her hubby saw my stamped Christmas cards & asked me to make their wedding invitations. Ladies, I need some ideas!!! I have a bug but don't have the Wedding cart...is this something I need or does anyone have suggestions? I just got my bug and because of College Exams haven't had anytime to play yet. (I am taking a break from studying now). Anyway, being so new to the Cricut thing I was wondering if using the bug would be faster when making many cards....up for ideas! Please help! (why do I get myself committed to all these things?) Thank goodness I have vacation time I will be taking after Thursday of this week till Christmas. Got lots to work on..
MY friend gave me this one for my anniversary it could be an announcement
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #4482
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbmusic View Post
I am having a problem clicking to select the box I want to work in also. I have noticed that it works more often if I double click at the right end of the line of characters (I already entered) I want to use. There is a very faint line around the box of characters. Dbl click just inside that line.
I've tried that too sometimes yes sometimes no, I think there must be a key stroke to open the object box everytime...I might call PC about it if there isnt a way mentioned in the manual when it gets here.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:43 AM   #4483
Crimping Master

Hi everyone I am SO excited!!! My hubby gave me a cricut expression for Christmas (My very first cricut!!!!). I got the chance to play with it yesterday. I am really loving it! I do have a few questions for you seasoned cricuteers... I love the cartridge that comes with my machine, but I would like to get more to play with. Where can I go for the best price on cartridges? How long (with average use) will the cutting mats / blades last? Is there a way to extend the life of the cutting mat? Any tips or tricks that I need to know?
Old 12-10-2007, 06:14 AM   #4484
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via MSN to StampinChrissylea Send a message via Yahoo to StampinChrissylea
Default ornaments done!

Hi there girls! I got all those ornaments done. Here's a pic of some of them all piled up!
Attached Thumbnails
pc101220.jpg  
Old 12-10-2007, 06:43 AM   #4485
Gallery Gazer

Wow Chris! Those are amazing. Maybe I'll try those again. When I did it the first time they didn't turn out. Great job!

My Gallery
Old 12-10-2007, 06:46 AM   #4486
Stampin' Fool

Very cute Chris. I havn't done any. You make it look so easy. We have two totally bare trees in our living room. Those would make them look so much better.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 12-10-2007, 06:55 AM   #4487
Gallery Gazer

I just bid on the software on ebay!! I'm nuts. I know I won't win it at the price I bid but I just wanted to try. I really can't afford it right now anyway. I need to sell something first!

My Gallery
Old 12-10-2007, 07:31 AM   #4488
*I stamp, therefore I am......*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinChrissylea View Post
Hi there girls! I got all those ornaments done. Here's a pic of some of them all piled up!
beautiful ornaments, thanks for the inspiration!!!

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more. ...
Old 12-10-2007, 08:56 AM   #4489
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaK View Post
Hi everyone I am SO excited!!! My hubby gave me a cricut expression for Christmas (My very first cricut!!!!). I got the chance to play with it yesterday. I am really loving it! I do have a few questions for you seasoned cricuteers... I love the cartridge that comes with my machine, but I would like to get more to play with. Where can I go for the best price on cartridges? How long (with average use) will the cutting mats / blades last? Is there a way to extend the life of the cutting mat? Any tips or tricks that I need to know?
I would suggest reading the very first post on the FAQ thread They will answer alot of your questions.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #4490
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
very pretty.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:58 AM   #4491
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynstamps View Post
I just bid on the software on ebay!! I'm nuts. I know I won't win it at the price I bid but I just wanted to try. I really can't afford it right now anyway. I need to sell something first!
Good luck I hope you get it Cheap!
Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 AM   #4492
Stazon Splitcoast

Robyn your package came already. The postman delivered it special with another package for my DH....The reg. mail wont come until this afternoon.

It is full of Goodies, Everythingis so cute and delicious looking. I havent ate anytihng yet but I hid the chocolate. SO hopefully it will Last and I love the paper dolls. cant wait for my cart to get here.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:42 AM   #4493
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I am having a problem clicking to select the box I want to work in also. I have noticed that it works more often if I double click at the right end of the line of characters (I already entered) I want to use. There is a very faint line around the box of characters. Dbl click just inside that line.
I was having the same problem. Clicking all over the place trying to get the box I wanted to be selected. I have discovered if I click on a line of a letter or shape it works everytime. Before I was moving the bar around as if I wanted to put a letter or shape in that space but no edit box would come up. It is a lot of fun to play with and I am really loving it, but some of the features of the ebug is not in the software. Autofill or quaninty. Or am I missing something?

Last edited by Hiding in My Craft Room; 12-10-2007 at 09:49 AM..
Old 12-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #4494
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I was having the same problem. Clicking all over the place trying to get the box I wanted to be selected. I have discovered if I click on a line of a letter or shape it works everytime. Before I was moving the bar around as if I wanted to put a letter or shape in that space but no edit box would come up. It is a lot of fun to play with and I am really loving it, but some of the features of the ebug is not in the software. Autofill or quaninty. Or am I missing something?
Old 12-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #4495
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldwinterton View Post
I was having the same problem. Clicking all over the place trying to get the box I wanted to be selected. I have discovered if I click on a line of a letter or shape it works everytime. Before I was moving the bar around as if I wanted to put a letter or shape in that space but no edit box would come up. It is a lot of fun to play with and I am really loving it, but some of the feature of the ebug is not in the software. Autofill or quaninty. Or am I missing something?
I am going to try that, You can copy & paste and fit alot on the page I dont have the ebug so I am not sure it that is the same but you can select the number of times you want to cut the template also so it will tellyou when to reload the mat etc...
Old 12-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #4496
Gallery Gazer

sorry for the double post! My computer like me is dragging today. I thought I didn't click post good enough b/c it was taking so long so I clicked it again! OOPS!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #4497
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
I am going to try that, You can copy & paste and fit alot on the page I dont have the ebug so I am not sure it that is the same but you can select the number of times you want to cut the template also so it will tellyou when to reload the mat etc...
Yeah, I do love that I can flip shapes and copy and paste. But on the ebug for instant I was cutting tags for my Christmas cards and I just wanted to cut as many to a page as I could. The ebug has a button "autofill" and it does all the work for me. No coping or pasting it just figuers it out and then cuts it.

I also wanted to say about the other question. I haven't cut any welded letters but did notice that you can change the closeness by changing the kern. Like you said no nudging. I did that at first and was very disappointed then found the weld box and the apply button!!! Thank goodness!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #4498
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yeah, I do love that I can flip shapes and copy and paste. But on the ebug for instant I was cutting tags for my Christmas cards and I just wanted to cut as many to a page as I could. The ebug has a button "autofill" and it does all the work for me. No coping or pasting it just figuers it out and then cuts it.

I also wanted to say about the other question. I haven't cut any welded letters but did notice that you can change the closeness by changing the kern. Like you said no nudging. I did that at first and was very disappointed then found the weld box and the apply button!!! Thank goodness!
yep but with the software once you make the template up and save it you can use it as often as you want.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:21 AM   #4499
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
The easiest way to weld is to have the weld clicked in the right box when youtype the letter in then when you have the word spelled hit apply and it automatically welds them you do not have to nudge them. HTH

As far as the box, you have tomake sure that the Blue lineup line is not over your image when you click on it it is frustrating and I have been looking for away to make sure it opens everytime I click but have not discovered the secret yet. I thought originally clicking on the left corner did it but it isnt working every time. I was hoping my manual would have that in it when it comes
Thanks for the help Kathy! I am going to start playing again...I am in the process of looking in the manual for the keystroke to switch between letters and I'm not finding anything. And in the manual it says:"To activate the Kerning amont you've entered click the Apply Button: NOTE: the Apply button is specifically for the kerning window, not for all of the other areas within the Shape Properties box. To set those areas just press the enter key on the keyboard.
So maybe the book really isn't that much help..........
I will try the welding feature and apply, I think I had tried that before and it didn't attach the first and last letters. The manual that comes with the software really isn't that helpful.
Thanks again!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #4500
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
yep but with the software once you make the template up and save it you can use it as often as you want.
I do love that feature. And that you can work on things on a laptop then cut when you get a chance. I have already saved some files b/c I can't cut them with the trial version. Plus, that you can cut within a cut. Bye, bye coluzzle!!! Plus, I love that I know how long and wide a shape is. With just the bug is can be a bit of a guessing game.

I have been wanting to ask you. How do you cut different sizes? When I change the size of one they all change. I probably need to read my manual some more.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #4501
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by svonderharr View Post
Thanks for the help Kathy! I am going to start playing again...I am in the process of looking in the manual for the keystroke to switch between letters and I'm not finding anything. And in the manual it says:"To activate the Kerning amont you've entered click the Apply Button: NOTE: the Apply button is specifically for the kerning window, not for all of the other areas within the Shape Properties box. To set those areas just press the enter key on the keyboard.
So maybe the book really isn't that much help..........
I will try the welding feature and apply, I think I had tried that before and it didn't attach the first and last letters. The manual that comes with the software really isn't that helpful.
Thanks again!
you have to select the weld for each letter as you enter it I believe, It is so new to me I forget what I did...
Old 12-10-2007, 11:07 AM   #4502
Stazon Splitcoast

I got my Design Software in the mail today. Studying for this College Algebra Exam is killing me! I take my test tonight (wish me luck)! I will be glad to get this over with so I can play like the rest of you!

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:13 AM   #4503
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I got my Design Software in the mail today. Studying for this College Algebra Exam is killing me! I take my test tonight (wish me luck)! I will be glad to get this over with so I can play like the rest of you!
Have fun with your last test, my DH took a class several years ago..He aced the final he says the secret is to always check your answers...especially with math. He missed only one question the whole class on all his test he said when he took the test about 4 math teachers were in the room waiting to grade his test.. when he handed it in His teacher asked "do you want to know what you got".. he said well okay and they all stood there and graded it...It is such a great story for someone who couldnt get a bove a C in High School, he just says I grew up and learned how to study... I am thankful for it.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:14 AM   #4504
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I also hope mine comes in the mail today!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #4505
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Where did you order yours? I too am hoping mine comes today!

GOOD LUCK on your exam!!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #4506
Forum Fanatic

I know all the chatter is about the software right now (which I don't have and can't get for a while so you all just hush for now) but I got doodlecharms in the mail today. The thing is, zooballoo was on the same order and it didn't say anything in the invoice about a separate shipment or a backorder so I don't know what is going on. I emailed cherished scraps and cards to find out what's going on.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 12-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #4507
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I know all the chatter is about the software right now (which I don't have and can't get for a while so you all just hush for now) but I got doodlecharms in the mail today. The thing is, zooballoo was on the same order and it didn't say anything in the invoice about a separate shipment or a backorder so I don't know what is going on. I emailed cherished scraps and cards to find out what's going on.
I hope you figure it out...I like both of those carts....It is strange that they dont say anything about it on the invoice...do they have a way to check your order on line?
Old 12-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #4508
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks Molly,
I checked out your gallery. All of your cards were super nice. I really like #5.
Thanks!
Old 12-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #4509
Forum Fanatic

I don't see a link on the site to check past orders. Guess I'll have to wait. She did just now send out an email about the buy 2 get one deal so she's probably at her computer. Unless it's automated.

eta: just got an email. She forgot to mark that it was backordered so I'll just have to wait a few weeks to get it. Not a totally bad thing since I'll be jonesin' for some cricut goodies by then.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 12-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #4510
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Very cute!!!!! Now I'm wanting to make some of them! Is that image cut from Mini Monograms?
Old 12-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #4511
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh no! I hope they get it sorted out quickly! What a bummer to only receive one of those carts!

I don't have the software yet either, if I get it it will have to wait until tax time, hopefully I'll be able to get an ebug then, too! lol
Old 12-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #4512
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via MSN to StampinChrissylea Send a message via Yahoo to StampinChrissylea

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
Very cute!!!!! Now I'm wanting to make some of them! Is that image cut from Mini Monograms?
Nope Accent Essentials that came with my Expression.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:35 PM   #4513
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Nope Accent Essentials that came with my Expression.
Oh, that's why it doesn't look familiar, I don't have the ebug yet.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:41 PM   #4514
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Where did you order yours? I too am hoping mine comes today!

GOOD LUCK on your exam!!!!
I got mine from Custom Crops. They had it for 74.99 w/free S&H

Old 12-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #4515
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Have fun with your last test, my DH took a class several years ago..He aced the final he says the secret is to always check your answers...especially with math. He missed only one question the whole class on all his test he said when he took the test about 4 math teachers were in the room waiting to grade his test.. when he handed it in His teacher asked "do you want to know what you got".. he said well okay and they all stood there and graded it...It is such a great story for someone who couldnt get a bove a C in High School, he just says I grew up and learned how to study... I am thankful for it.
I took my test tonight...It was totally AWFUL!!!! I am so upset and I studied so much...seemed like the exam was totally different than what was on the study guide and homework..this really urks me!!! Several students were upset!!

Old 12-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #4516
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I took my test tonight...It was totally AWFUL!!!! I am so upset and I studied so much...seemed like the exam was totally different than what was on the study guide and homework..this really urks me!!! Several students were upset!!
Sorry to hear that! I hope that it turns out better than you think!
Old 12-10-2007, 06:08 PM   #4517
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
That's a lot of ornaments. Looks like a lot of work went into those. That's great that you were finally able to finish them all. They look awesome!

Pages completed for summer challenge: 32
Pages completed in 2009: 110 12x12 & 86 8x8
Pages completed in 2008: 242
Old 12-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #4518
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Woohooo for new cartridges!!!! I hope that you were able to figure out what is going on with zooballoo.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:15 PM   #4519
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
That is frustrating! Sorry to hear that.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #4520
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh I hate wehn teachers do that... Test on stuff they never covered did you actually get eh score back or are you just thinking it was bad...