Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 06:38 AM   #4321
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN View Post
BTW, I am not planning on bringing all of my cartridges to the in-laws. My husband would pass out if he saw how many of them I had. I would be able to hear the gears turning in his head trying to figure out how much money I had spent on them. (Even if he thought I only paid the $27 each, it's still a lot since right now there's 23.) LOL
LOL..mine has no idea I have 10 carts...and no Cricut!!! I was just that sure he would get one for me for x-mas...after all, no Cricut, no X-Box!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-07-2007, 06:44 AM   #4322
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeys View Post
Oh, and don't you love it when the MIL asks...then does not really follow through?! Sorry about that! Mine is awesome! Give her a list and she does not deviate! I love that about her! The other set just sends us money, so that works too. I am lucky in the in-laws dept. Now my family, on the other hand, is a different story!!!
My problem is that I didn't have a list for her. And... I think if she knew what I was talking about, she'd have wanted to buy all four of them. LOL Next year I'll have to make a list. I know that she mentioned quite a few times how much she LOVES my SIL's husband's (her son-in-law) wishlist at Amazon.com. ("Just click, click, click and I'm done shopping for him!") Okay, okay, I can take a hint. LOL Next year I'll use Amazon's wish list.

Kimberly
Old 12-07-2007, 06:47 AM   #4323
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
LOL..mine has no idea I have 10 carts...and no Cricut!!! I was just that sure he would get one for me for x-mas...after all, no Cricut, no X-Box!!
Oooooh! I wish my DH wanted an X-Box! Or that WII or whatever it's called. We have a wide screen TV and I bet it would be fun to play games on. I bought an old Playstation a few years ago plus a few games but I haven't even hooked it up to this TV. (Well, I bet the graphics would be bad since it's a PS1 anyhow -- probably pixelated on the big TV.)
Old 12-07-2007, 07:04 AM   #4324
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I, too, need some enabling!

Of the free carts offered, I do not have Cursive 101, Going Places, Printing 101 or All Mixed Up.

I was leaning toward All Mixed Up (I think the font is cute) or Going Places (my kids are young and in Cub/Daisy Scouts...and I am the co-leaders for both...can you say SUCKER??!!)

What do you o' knowledgeable ones think?

TIA for your advice!!
I am not knowledgeable, but have kids in the same organizations as yours and I agree with you and Kimberley. Going Places #1. Not only can you use it for Cub Scouts and Daisies, but you can use it for vacations and numerous other things. All Mixed Up is adorable for scrapbooking and cards so I would put that #2. I've really enjoyed both carts.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:47 AM   #4325
Gallery Gazer

I am so excited. I just heard back from the lady I bought two cartridges from on ebay, paid for them yesterday, and she is an authorized dealer. So I will be getting a free cartridge. I bought them before I even found out about the rebate and was bummed that I just bought two!!! But WOO HOO!!! FREE!!! Well, $14.95. Now I have to decide what to get.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:47 AM   #4326
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi!
I just recently bought the regular Cricut, the Wal Mart package deal. It came with 2 cartridges and I bought 2 others that day. Whoo Hoo, they're a lot of fun. I was hoping to purchase the 2 princess cartridges, until I read the back of the box. It says - and I paraphrase - "some of the images are very detailed and work better on the Cricut Expressions". So I didn't buy the cartridges. I'm not going to buy the Expressions anytime soon, it took me 3 years to get this one, LOL!!!
So does anyone have any experience on this? Do you get decent cuts with the Circut or do you have to have the Cricut Expressions machine? Does the Mickey and Friends Cartridge say the same thing? I would buy the Disney cartridges if they'd work in my machine, but not if half the designs won't work. Does that make sense?
Thanks for the help.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #4327
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!
I was hoping to purchase the 2 princess cartridges, until I read the back of the box. It says - and I paraphrase - "some of the images are very detailed and work better on the Cricut Expressions". So I didn't buy the cartridges. I'm not going to buy the Expressions anytime soon, it took me 3 years to get this one, LOL!!!
So does anyone have any experience on this? Do you get decent cuts with the Circut or do you have to have the Cricut Expressions machine? Does the Mickey and Friends Cartridge say the same thing? I would buy the Disney cartridges if they'd work in my machine, but not if half the designs won't work. Does that make sense?
Thanks for the help.
I am not all that experienced with my cricut yet and I just ordered the Princess carts but they haven't come in yet. So going on that, I think that the reason they recommend the ebug is b/c when you cut them smaller on the baby bug the pieces are difficult to work with.

There are a lot of great ladies on this thread. I am sure you will get more insight and maybe even someone who has the baby bug and the princess carts will tell you how it has worked for them.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:56 AM   #4328
Gabfest Goddess

I don't own the princess ones yet so I can't help you there but I do own both Mickey ones and, yes, those layered pieces are VERY small and hard to work with even on the largest setting on the baby buy. (Wow! That was the longest sentence I've ever written!

My Gallery
Old 12-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #4329
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynstamps View Post
Morning girls! I am going to totally get a card made done and maybe a scrapbook page done. I am done with most of my major commitments today. Yippee!!!
And some Laundry too JKing. Have a fun day I coverd a mini Lunchbox tin today its on my blog. I am goign to lunch with three friends their B-days are all int he next week.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:08 AM   #4330
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I don't own the princess ones yet so I can't help you there but I do own both Mickey ones and, yes, those layered pieces are VERY small and hard to work with even on the largest setting on the baby buy. (Wow! That was the longest sentence I've ever written!
I own the mickeys they work great. I think the princesses have some smaller pieces but I am getting them after my tax return comes I love the extra features also My girls are nuts for them I am gettign both. I find If I use the xyron to put (repositionable)adhesive on the back of the pieces they are easier to work with and I use a pointer to get them in place the Hook int he tools set works beautiful. I cut my mickeys at about 4 1/2 so they will fit onthe front of a card.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:18 AM   #4331
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
And some Laundry too JKing. Have a fun day I coverd a mini Lunchbox tin today its on my blog. I am goign to lunch with three friends their B-days are all int he next week.
Cute tin! I love the idea of getting boxes on clearance. That way you get a cute colored handle! Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #4332
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldwinterton View Post
Cute tin! I love the idea of getting boxes on clearance. That way you get a cute colored handle! Thanks for the tip!
Last year I got some with smores ingredients in them from Target. They were much larger and could hold a lot of cookies or baby clothes thats what I used them for and the family enjoyed the Smores. I get alot from Target they have the best containers and cans and tins that you can alter..
Old 12-07-2007, 10:50 AM   #4333
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Last year I got some with smores ingredients in them from Target. They were much larger and could hold a lot of cookies or baby clothes thats what I used them for and the family enjoyed the Smores. I get alot from Target they have the best containers and cans and tins that you can alter..
I think my family is starting to make fun of me a bit. "If it is not moving mom will alter it!"

I will be looking at Target more.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #4334
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Very Cute. Great idea on getting tins cheap.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 12-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #4335
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Yes! I'm working on tons of laundry today. Now if I could get it all put away that would be great!!! My baby is getting in to soooo much stuff!!!

My Gallery
Old 12-07-2007, 11:34 AM   #4336
Gallery Gazer

I was thinking last night that as we were watching "Cars" movie for the millionth time b/c my two year old son is obsessed with Lightening Mcqueen I would like a Disney Car cartridge. They need to hurry up and get us some more Disney Characters. Especially for boys!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #4337
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I was thinking last night that as we were watching "Cars" movie for the millionth time b/c my two year old son is obsessed with Lightening Mcqueen I would like a Disney Car cartridge. They need to hurry up and get us some more Disney Characters. Especially for boys!
That would be cool. I would also like Pooh, Tiger and such.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 12-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #4338
Gallery Gazer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbmusic View Post
That would be cool. I would also like Pooh, Tiger and such.
YES, YES!! How could I forget Pooh!!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 PM   #4339
Mad Swapper

Default TGIF

I can't wait to try out the trial software tomorrow. DH is even excited to check it out. He loves that I am getting all my old (waiting to be done) layouts finished, so I can do some for our now 16 month old. He doesn't have one page done.
Here are the three I did this morning. Love it when the kids play without hurting each other.
I am so glad I got Basecamp. That one has come in handy. I even stamped on a couple of them. That is a big step for me. The baseball bat and background were stamped with the "sanded" BG and the shaped on the Nascar one were stamped with a retired shapes set. I even used my brayer to make the Nascar logo.
Attached Thumbnails
1-reds-fan.jpg   stamped-nascar.jpg   watermelon.jpg  
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 12-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #4340
Rubber Obsessor

Just received Paper Dolls from Kim today. No software. I was bummed. Can't wait to start cutting with Paper Dolls, though.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #4341
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
I can't wait to try out the trial software tomorrow. Here are the three I did this morning. Love it when the kids play without hurting each other.
I am so glad I got Basecamp. That one has come in handy. I even stamped on a couple of them. That is a big step for me. The baseball bat and background were stamped with the "sanded" BG and the shaped on the Nascar one were stamped with a retired shapes set. I even used my brayer to make the Nascar logo.
Me too! Provo craft's really smart. Everyone is going to have to have it after trying it!!!

Great pages!!! What a cutie! I love the Nascar Page Title. Very clever. I really like Basecamp too! Great versatile font with a lot of extras.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #4342
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl5 View Post
Just received Paper Dolls from Kim today. No software. I was bummed. Can't wait to start cutting with Paper Dolls, though.
I was hoping to get it today too. Doorbell rang, I ran!! But my dh had ordered inks for out printer!! I think he needs to get his stuff shipped somewhere else. OH, the disappointment. I still might have gotten it in the regular mail. We have boxes, like post office boxes, down the street. My son usually checks it when he gets home from school.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #4343
Gabfest Goddess

I just got a shipping confirmation from Kim for my Stretch Your Imagination!!! I almost forgot that was coming!

Have fun with your Paper Dolls.

The pages look fantastic!! If I could get all my Christmas packages in the mail I might have some time for me.

BTW- I've been doing laundry all afternoon so I haven't had any time to play in "The Pink Loft" yet. I just named my stamp room. Do you like it???? I need to paint the walls pink now!

My Gallery
Old 12-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #4344
Forum Fanatic

I am still waiting on 2 carts from cherished cards and scraps. Would that purchase qualify for the buy 2 get 1 free? Or do I have to sign up first and then purchase? I should go read up on it I guess.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 12-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #4345
Forum Fanatic

Just looked. Guess I'll have to wait until I get them and see if the invoice is marked on a date in the required time frame. Hope so!

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 12-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #4346
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I was hoping to get it today too. Doorbell rang, I ran!! But my dh had ordered inks for out printer!! I think he needs to get his stuff shipped somewhere else. OH, the disappointment. I still might have gotten it in the regular mail. We have boxes, like post office boxes, down the street. My son usually checks it when he gets home from school.
Mine came in the regular mail. Hopefully, it is there!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #4347
Hardware Hotshot

I got an email today about the software that you could download.. it has a trial version on it to use the cartridges that came with my machines.. I downloaded it and opened it to use it, but I have to go pick up my kids.. The sofware looks fun.. gotta figure it out.. Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Old 12-07-2007, 01:25 PM   #4348
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornewife View Post
I got an email today about the software that you could download.. it has a trial version on it to use the cartridges that came with my machines.. I downloaded it and opened it to use it, but I have to go pick up my kids.. The sofware looks fun.. gotta figure it out.. Pam
Could you post the link when you get a chance? Please.

Last edited by Consuelo; 12-07-2007 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: Edited to add "please". Where are my manners???
Old 12-07-2007, 01:27 PM   #4349
Hardware Hotshot

Hope that this works.. I just right clicked to copy shortcut from the email:

http://www.cricut.com/images/promoti..._Installer.exe

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Old 12-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #4350
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It's working! Woohoo!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #4351
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Thanks so much! It is working for me too!!! YIPPEE!!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #4352
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes! I'm working on tons of laundry today. Now if I could get it all put away that would be great!!! My baby is getting in to soooo much stuff!!!
I think that is how it will be for awhile. Love their independence but it is so much more work....Or should I say takes so much more energy
Old 12-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #4353
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I can't wait to try out the trial software tomorrow. DH is even excited to check it out. He loves that I am getting all my old (waiting to be done) layouts finished, so I can do some for our now 16 month old. He doesn't have one page done.
Here are the three I did this morning. Love it when the kids play without hurting each other.
These are so cute...
Old 12-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #4354
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I just got a shipping confirmation from Kim for my Stretch Your Imagination!!! I almost forgot that was coming!

Have fun with your Paper Dolls.

The pages look fantastic!! If I could get all my Christmas packages in the mail I might have some time for me.

BTW- I've been doing laundry all afternoon so I haven't had any time to play in "The Pink Loft" yet. I just named my stamp room. Do you like it???? I need to paint the walls pink now!
Hey it works Or "Pink Palace" works too
Old 12-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #4355
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thank you so much for posting this, now I can play why I wait for mine to come in the mail.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #4356
Gallery Gazer

All the cartridges are in the Library with the trial version of the software!
Old 12-07-2007, 02:35 PM   #4357
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Mine came in the regular mail. Hopefully, it is there!

WOOHOO!! It came! My paper dolls came. Also, I got in today Mickey & Friends that I got from JK Crafts. Too bad I have such a busy weekend. I might have to skip my Sunday nap to play instead.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #4358
Mad Swapper

I just thought of something while playing with the trial program. If you had the full version, you could stretch the scalloped circle to make an oval without the hole you get on other carts.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 12-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #4359
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
WOOHOO!! It came! My paper dolls came. Also, I got in today Mickey & Friends that I got from JK Crafts. Too bad I have such a busy weekend. I might have to skip my Sunday nap to play instead.
Yea! So glad that yours came too! Just checked Kim's site and the software is supposed to be in the 17th. Can't wait!
Old 12-07-2007, 03:20 PM   #4360
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Yea! So glad that yours came too! Just checked Kim's site and the software is supposed to be in the 17th. Can't wait!

That was so weird! I was responding to your post and you edited so it came up different. My mind can't take that!!!

I was about to say I thought the 17th. Does it mean to us on the 17th or leaving her hands on the 17th? I can't wait either!!! Trial version is great. I haven't cut anything yet just playing around a little.