Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 07:59 PM   #4001
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by prhansen View Post
and I'm so FREAKIN' EXCITED!!!! I can't wait until it comes!!! My DH will probably pitch a fit, because I'm going to Hawaii in 11 days to visit my son who is stationed there with the Army and just got back from Iraq doing a 15 month tour. DH told me my trip was my Christmas gift - which it is - but I just couldn't help myself!!! Oh well - he will get over it - and I will be having a BLAST with my new toy!!!! Now I just hope it gets here before I have to leave.....otherwise I'll be in Hawaii and my new toy will be calling to me from Wisconsin!!! ~dream sequence~ Pam.....where are you?.....Why won't you play with me?......Don't you like me?.....I have all kinds of fun things you can do with me......Why won't you play with me?.....~end of dream sequence. I'll be in Hawaii with this cricut cricket chirping in my head and won't be able to relax and have fun!!! (Well, I'm sure I'll forget about it once I am there. Oh the pressure of a paper craft artist!!!!)
Welcome Pam! Congrats on your new bug. Did you get the original cricut or the expression? Your DH will just have to get over it! Watch out this thread is gonna cost you a lot of money. You have been warned. Just ask some of the other gals that have only been here a week or so. Have a great trip to Hawaii and I'm sure your bug will wait patiently for you while you are gone.

Pages completed for summer challenge: 32
Pages completed in 2009: 110 12x12 & 86 8x8
Pages completed in 2008: 242
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-02-2007, 08:18 PM   #4002
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
Hey now, you're one of *us*, LOL!!!
Hee Hee...well not really for another 22 days, but who is counting?! I guess the fact that I have 8 carts sitting here unopened is a sign that I really *am* one of you girls! *sigh*

Can't wait to start creating!

Oh, BTW, Robyn, those pages are fabulous! That cake...oh my! I am so glad I have that cart!

And after reading all these posts I need to leave telling myself no, no! You do NOT need a BIA! Nope...No...No..*yes, I do* in a little voice slinking away...
Old 12-03-2007, 03:25 AM   #4003
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
See you always have to ask the right person, glad that it worked out. I sure hope they have someof these sale prices around in the spring when I can affrod to splurge on myself, I want those carts.
There are always sales like this going on. Quite frequently Michael's has the carts at $50. They will go down to $45 and even $35 at times. So hold off until the next big sale. The lady at Michael's said that, at her store, the carts go on sale for $35 twice a year. Yea!

You are right about asking the right person. Glad I had a chance to go back!
Old 12-03-2007, 03:31 AM   #4004
Rubber Obsessor

Forgive my ignorance. What is a BIA? I really shouldn't ask because then I am going to have to go out and buy one.

Welcome to all the new cricut owners! Get ready for a lot of fun. I second hart2heart's sentiment. This thread has a wonderful bunch of enablers. You will find more ideas and needs for carts than you ever thought. In case you didn't see it, creativexpress.com is having a huge sale. If you buy 4 or more cartdriges, they are $27 a piece. With shipping, they come to about $29 a piece.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:23 AM   #4005
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl5 View Post
Forgive my ignorance. What is a BIA? I really shouldn't ask because then I am going to have to go out and buy one.
BIA = Bind It All

I don't own one either. Yep, that's right, another thing Robyn doesn't own. Most of my money has been going into Cricut stuff only. I don't mind, though, I don't think I need a BIA. Now HUSH about it or I will want one!

My Gallery
Old 12-03-2007, 04:29 AM   #4006
Polyshrink Goddess

Not sure if this is the correct place to post - I posted on the FAQ thread as well - I am on the fence with the expression, but I have a cartridge question. Is there a cartridge that makes an oval shape besides the George cartridge? And I am looking for an oval shape without a hole for a tag. Also - can you place a piece a precut card size piece of cardstock on the mat and cut a circle, square, oval, etc. in the front of the card in a precise place? I guess what I am asking is will I be able to do that like I do with a hand punch in the lower right corner (For instance) of a card? Make sense??
Old 12-03-2007, 04:30 AM   #4007
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms1130 View Post
Thanks Molly, your info was helpful. I think I'm going to have to wait till after the holidays to get a BIA, between our anniversary, my birthday and Christmas all within about a month of each other, I think I have asked for enough!
Glad I could help. There's a website, I think it's called zuttersisters.com that has all kinds of info and little movie clips about how to use the BIA, too. Sounds like you have had a lot to celebrate lately!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:33 AM   #4008
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by prhansen View Post
and I'm so FREAKIN' EXCITED!!!! I can't wait until it comes!!! My DH will probably pitch a fit, because I'm going to Hawaii in 11 days to visit my son who is stationed there with the Army and just got back from Iraq doing a 15 month tour. DH told me my trip was my Christmas gift - which it is - but I just couldn't help myself!!! Oh well - he will get over it - and I will be having a BLAST with my new toy!!!! Now I just hope it gets here before I have to leave.....otherwise I'll be in Hawaii and my new toy will be calling to me from Wisconsin!!! ~dream sequence~ Pam.....where are you?.....Why won't you play with me?......Don't you like me?.....I have all kinds of fun things you can do with me......Why won't you play with me?.....~end of dream sequence. I'll be in Hawaii with this cricut cricket chirping in my head and won't be able to relax and have fun!!! (Well, I'm sure I'll forget about it once I am there. Oh the pressure of a paper craft artist!!!!)
Welcome, Pam!!!! That's exciting that you have an ebug on it's way!!!!! Have a great time visiting your son in Hawaii!!! Tell him thanks from us! My cousin is stationed in Hawaii right now too, man I wish I could go and visit!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:34 AM   #4009
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I waited for ever for this window to load, and I forgot what I was going to say. I guess I am talking on way to many threads at once.

I think I was going to welcome all the new cricut owners. In one Reply.

ANd to say I think its okay to have it wait in the box while you are on vacation... I wish I had something to wait in a box why I went to Hawaii. Well maybe some day. You'll have some neat stuff to scrapbook when you get back I'm sure. So pretend its research!
LOL!!!!!!! (Sorry, I couldn't help it! lol)
Old 12-03-2007, 04:35 AM   #4010
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeys View Post
Hee Hee...well not really for another 22 days, but who is counting?! I guess the fact that I have 8 carts sitting here unopened is a sign that I really *am* one of you girls! *sigh*

Can't wait to start creating!

Oh, BTW, Robyn, those pages are fabulous! That cake...oh my! I am so glad I have that cart!

And after reading all these posts I need to leave telling myself no, no! You do NOT need a BIA! Nope...No...No..*yes, I do* in a little voice slinking away...
See, I told you, LOL!!! You have time to get your stuff organized and ready to go once you're able to get that box opened, though.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:36 AM   #4011
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
There are always sales like this going on. Quite frequently Michael's has the carts at $50. They will go down to $45 and even $35 at times. So hold off until the next big sale. The lady at Michael's said that, at her store, the carts go on sale for $35 twice a year. Yea!

You are right about asking the right person. Glad I had a chance to go back!
Wow - $35 twice a year! That would be great! (and expensive too, LOL!)
Old 12-03-2007, 04:38 AM   #4012
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Welcome to all the new cricut owners! Get ready for a lot of fun. I second hart2heart's sentiment. This thread has a wonderful bunch of enablers. You will find more ideas and needs for carts than you ever thought. In case you didn't see it, creativexpress.com is having a huge sale. If you buy 4 or more cartdriges, they are $27 a piece. With shipping, they come to about $29 a piece.
Oh sorry, a BIA is a bind-it-all. I've been using mine a lot to make mini scrapbooks, post-it note holders, and chipboard calendars. There's a website called zuttersisters.com that's full of info on the bia.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:50 AM   #4013
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
No joke about the expensive part. Like I tell my husband, you have to spend money to make money!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:54 AM   #4014
Rubber Obsessor

Has anyone used the markers to draw the princesses? I was just wondering how that would look.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #4015
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynstamps View Post
BIA = Bind It All

I don't own one either. Yep, that's right, another thing Robyn doesn't own. Most of my money has been going into Cricut stuff only. I don't mind, though, I don't think I need a BIA. Now HUSH about it or I will want one!
Would you believe that I just WON a Bind It All? I actually forgot that I even entered a contest. I had a sweet email message waiting for me on Friday afternoon. Granted, I already own one, but it is so cool to have WON something!! I was thinking my mom might like one. I don't know what she would bind, but I'm sure she'd think of something.

Kimberly
Old 12-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #4016
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by optotecha View Post
Not sure if this is the correct place to post - I posted on the FAQ thread as well - I am on the fence with the expression, but I have a cartridge question. Is there a cartridge that makes an oval shape besides the George cartridge? And I am looking for an oval shape without a hole for a tag. Also - can you place a piece a precut card size piece of cardstock on the mat and cut a circle, square, oval, etc. in the front of the card in a precise place? I guess what I am asking is will I be able to do that like I do with a hand punch in the lower right corner (For instance) of a card? Make sense??
I think and dont quote me that the school plantin cart that comes withthe expression has an oval.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:31 AM   #4017
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
BIA = Bind It All

LOL... What?!?
Old 12-03-2007, 05:32 AM   #4018
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN View Post
Would you believe that I just WON a Bind It All? I actually forgot that I even entered a contest. I had a sweet email message waiting for me on Friday afternoon. Granted, I already own one, but it is so cool to have WON something!! I was thinking my mom might like one. I don't know what she would bind, but I'm sure she'd think of something.

Kimberly
So exciting, I would fall onthe floor if I won something like that...Congrats!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:33 AM   #4019
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Oh wow! I don't think I've come across that sale yet. Although that one week when Hobby Lobby didn't exclude the Cricut stuff, that brought the price down to $35 - since theirs are $59.99 regularly. I bought quite a few that week. LOL Man, I can't believe that after the five cartridges that I've ordered arrive, I'll have 24. TWENTY FOUR! Sheeesh, I think they multiply on their own.

Curiosity is killing me as to what the inside of a cartridge looks like. I mean, what's in there to store the data? Is an SD card or something? I don't want to open one to find out since I typically can't get things back together again.

Kimberly
Old 12-03-2007, 05:34 AM   #4020
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Has anyone used the markers to draw the princesses? I was just wondering how that would look.
Ohh I wish I had the princesses I would run and do it right now.
I have done the mickeys though and it worked but I know the princesses are more intricut, also when I did mine I forgot to change the pressure to 3.

so my Daisy is a little fat. , but so am I!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:51 AM   #4021
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
  • Alphalicious has a plain and scalloped oval. I think if you use the shadow or blackout feature, you won't get a hole.
  • Fabulous Finds has a plain oval - use the Inserts feature.
  • George has a plain oval.
  • Jasmine has a plain oval.
  • Tags, Bags, Boxes and More has a plain oval if you use the shadow or blackout feature. No holes or slots cut with those features.
Some of the cartridges have the card feature to cut a shape out of the center of a card. With a little trial and error, you should be able to move the blade to where you want your shape cut out. The trial part would be to figure out just where on the shape does the blade start cutting so that you start in the right place on your card. So if it starts at the absolute bottom center of the oval, you could make a little pencil mark on your card where you want the cutting to start and then load the card and then move the blade to that pencil mark and cut the shape. The obvious error part is that you had it in the wrong spot. I think I would tend to lean towards the error part myself quite a bit as I have a bad memory anyhow. I have most of the one-page sheets printed out in a binder with each sheet in a page protector so I suppose I could write myself a sticky note on the starting points for the various shapes.

Here's the link to the one-page shape reference for each of the cartridges:
http://www.cricut.com/information/ca...e_library.aspx (Click on View in the Samples column next to the specific cartridge.) The new ones aren't all there yet though.

Kimberly
Old 12-03-2007, 06:29 AM   #4022
Hardware Hotshot

My paper dolls cartridge shipped!!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ordered mine from custom crops. I just got an email from them saying that they have all 4 of the new products including the design studio is in. I checked my account and my cartridge has already shipped. I should have it by Wednesday! I can't wait to play with it and neither can Molly!

Pages completed for summer challenge: 32
Pages completed in 2009: 110 12x12 & 86 8x8
Pages completed in 2008: 242
Old 12-03-2007, 06:35 AM   #4023
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart2heart View Post
My paper dolls cartridge shipped!!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ordered mine from custom crops. I just got an email from them saying that they have all 4 of the new products including the design studio is in. I checked my account and my cartridge has already shipped. I should have it by Wednesday! I can't wait to play with it and neither can Molly!
I am so jealous. Does anyone know when Kim is shipping?
Old 12-03-2007, 06:47 AM   #4024
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I hope this week!! I also hope that I am "in" on the first shipping. LOL I just pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago. I'm not in any rush other than I just want it! LOL I think this will be the cartridge that my in-laws give me for Christmas. I have four other cartridges coming from Creative Express, but the PD cartridge "looks" like it would be more fun than the other ones I ordered. (At least in their eyes!) LOL

Kimberly
Old 12-03-2007, 07:01 AM   #4025
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Robyn can answer for sure, but I believe with the Expressions (NOT THE ORIGINAL) that you can place your blade to the center of where you want the shape cut out. Then you tell it how big you want the shape and hit cut. On the demonstration video (on cricut.com) she centered her blade on a picture of her and her spouse, then cut a heart around them.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 12-03-2007, 07:08 AM   #4026
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbmusic View Post
Robyn can answer for sure, but I believe with the Expressions (NOT THE ORIGINAL) that you can place your blade to the center of where you want the shape cut out. Then you tell it how big you want the shape and hit cut. On the demonstration video (on cricut.com) she centered her blade on a picture of her and her spouse, then cut a heart around them.
Yes, you are correct. You can use the "center point" feature on the ebug. I haven't tried to cut out the front of a card yet but you have the capability.

My Gallery
Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 AM   #4027
Stampin' Fool

I got to Cricut yesterday. I finished a few more of those layouts in the storage box. I also made a Christmas Countdown.

The first one is a few pictures from our wedding reception. We met at the Billiard Hall the reception was at. We had a small civil service with some family, so this was perfect for us. Maybe one day when we win the lottery, we will have that huge wedding I always dreamed of.
The second is of my DD a few years back at the army summer picnic.
The last is my Christmas Countdown. It was much easier to Cricut those numbers than the last one that I stamped.
Attached Thumbnails
misscue-reception.jpg   all-american-baby.jpg   cricut-christmas-countdown.jpg  
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 12-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #4028
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh sorry, a BIA is a bind-it-all. I've been using mine a lot to make mini scrapbooks, post-it note holders, and chipboard calendars. There's a website called zuttersisters.com that's full of info on the bia.
I spelled the address wrong. it's *zutterzisters* instead of zuttersisters.

Here's the link: http://www.zutterzisters.com/

Sorry about that!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #4029
Stazon Splitcoast

Carts on sale at Michaels, $49.99. I just got Beyond Birthdays.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:23 AM   #4030
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuelo View Post
Carts on sale at Michaels, $49.99. I just got Beyond Birthdays.
Awesome Consuelo! Did you purchase any of the carts from www.creativexpress.com when they were 4 for $27 each?? That was the best deal I have ever seen.

My Gallery
Old 12-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #4031
Crimping Master

Quote:
I got to Cricut yesterday. I finished a few more of those layouts in the storage box. I also made a Christmas Countdown.

The first one is a few pictures from our wedding reception. We met at the Billiard Hall the reception was at. We had a small civil service with some family, so this was perfect for us. Maybe one day when we win the lottery, we will have that huge wedding I always dreamed of.
The last is my Christmas Countdown. It was much easier to Cricut those numbers than the last one that I stamped.
Love your Christmas Countdown! I got a Cricut at Wal-mart but othenr then playing with it once to make sure it worked I havne't had a chance to touch it! DH said it is my Christmas gift but I could use it now. I need to lock myself away so I can play with it!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #4032
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Kimberly
How cool!!!! It sure will make a great gift!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #4033
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh wow! I don't think I've come across that sale yet. Although that one week when Hobby Lobby didn't exclude the Cricut stuff, that brought the price down to $35 - since theirs are $59.99 regularly. I bought quite a few that week. LOL Man, I can't believe that after the five cartridges that I've ordered arrive, I'll have 24. TWENTY FOUR! Sheeesh, I think they multiply on their own.

Curiosity is killing me as to what the inside of a cartridge looks like. I mean, what's in there to store the data? Is an SD card or something? I don't want to open one to find out since I typically can't get things back together again.

Kimberly
Ok, I hadn't thought about what the inside of the carts look like, now I'm going to wonder too, LOL! I KNOW I'd screw it up if I tried too look though, so no experimenting from me, lol!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:39 AM   #4034
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ohh I wish I had the princesses I would run and do it right now.
I have done the mickeys though and it worked but I know the princesses are more intricut, also when I did mine I forgot to change the pressure to 3.

so my Daisy is a little fat. , but so am I!
Not fat, *FLUFFY*!!!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #4035
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You did a great job!!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:44 AM   #4036
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasprincess View Post
Love your Christmas Countdown! I got a Cricut at Wal-mart but othenr then playing with it once to make sure it worked I havne't had a chance to touch it! DH said it is my Christmas gift but I could use it now. I need to lock myself away so I can play with it!
What a nice dh! Start using it, so you can show us what you make with it!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:22 AM   #4037
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasprincess View Post
Thank you.
I used the Keystone font for all the letters and numbers. The star is from the George cart.
The squares are 1.5" (cut with my paper cutter). The letters and numbers were all cut at 1" (Cricut made that go Soooooo much faster). The cookie sheet is from the dollar store. It only took 1 sheet of Designer Series Paper (Holiday Harmony) and 2 sheets of Naturals White cardstock. A couple strips of ribbon and two 3/4" x 8.5" strips of Always Artichoke. I held the main background with sticky strip. The squares are held on by snail and the numbers and letters I ran through my Xyron 150. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch the top holes for the ribbon to hang it.
I haven't covered the chipboard shape to mark the number yet. I don't know what color I want it. It has magnets on the back.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Old 12-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #4038
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
im Usually ships on Mondays so hopefully today, I told her to holxd mine untilthe software was in and she said that would be the 7th last week but maybe sooner, now
Old 12-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #4039
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Very cute work love them all.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #4040
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes, you are correct. You can use the "center point" feature on the ebug. I haven't tried to cut out the front of a card yet but you have the capability.
green with envy!