Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 06:43 AM   #1961
Polyshrink Goddess

I try to buy as many of my carts as possible on eBay. If i'm buying it there though I make sure that I'm getting them for considerably less than I could at the store because otherwise why wait! I could just go to the store and get them. The most I paid for any of my Disney carts is $40 and that included shipping. Granted it usually means I have to be even more patient, but it's worth it in my mind.

Stickles Swap
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:55 AM   #1962
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ILuvCherries

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph772 View Post
To whoever asked if you can just have a few carts to be happy, yes you can! I only have four carts and the expression. I only buy carts when they are on sale at mikes for forty dollars. I got stretch your imagination last time. It is amazing. Im waiting to get wild card and i will be happy for months LOL!!

Good luck!
Wild Card is amazing, one of the coolest things they have come out with! Everyone is freaking out that got this one! Also Stretch...great for cards as well.

Wow I missed like a day on here and there was SO much chat!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #1963
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCherries View Post
Wild Card is amazing, one of the coolest things they have come out with! Everyone is freaking out that got this one! Also Stretch...great for cards as well.

Wow I missed like a day on here and there was SO much chat!
Can you give a little more detail on Wild Card? On line, it doesn't look like that much. I make cards here and there and was wondering what some of the great points of it were. Might need to put it on my Christmas list.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #1964
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, so I was just on Oh My Crafts and saw something new they're coming out with for the Cricut in mid-December. It's a kit to create embossing folders from things on your Cricut. It could then be used in your cuttlebug or big shot to emboss things. I've been resisting getting a cuttlebug since I have my cricut, but now...i don't know. I'm thinking about it a lot more. Does anybody out there have both?

Edit: Ooooooooo, and they have another kit for creating stamps!!! This is just too cool.

Stickles Swap
Old 11-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #1965
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedabelle View Post
Okay, so I was just on Oh My Crafts and saw something new they're coming out with for the Cricut in mid-December. It's a kit to create embossing folders from things on your Cricut. It could then be used in your cuttlebug or big shot to emboss things. I've been resisting getting a cuttlebug since I have my cricut, but now...i don't know. I'm thinking about it a lot more. Does anybody out there have both?

Edit: Ooooooooo, and they have another kit for creating stamps!!! This is just too cool.

The stamp kit has been out from a different company for some time. It's pretty neat.

One of our Cricut buddies on here has created her own embossing folders with cardboard/cereal boxes. Pretty cool because those end up being free!

Photography Site

Old 11-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #1966
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
The stamp kit has been out from a different company for some time. It's pretty neat.

One of our Cricut buddies on here has created her own embossing folders with cardboard/cereal boxes. Pretty cool because those end up being free!
Do you know what company? And how do you do the cereal box ones? That would definately be better. I'm all about free!!

Stickles Swap
Old 11-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #1967
Inking Addict

I am finally getting Design studio, I won it on ebay this morning for $41 which includes shipping. I believe that is a good price. Anyways, I am excited to take my cricut creating to another level.

Has anyone started any christmas projects with there cricut? I am going to start next week. There is so much inspiration over at cricut.com. I have alot of gift giving ideas, as well as some home decorating ideas.
Susan
Old 11-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #1968
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Do you know what company? And how do you do the cereal box ones? That would definately be better. I'm all about free!!
You can get the stamp kits at http://www.scrapbookdiecutter.com

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 11-06-2008, 01:23 PM   #1969
Total Quack

Quote:

Gale's right on the company http://www.scrapbookdiecutter.com

Here's the link to Cloe's blog post ....
http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/2008/...sing-your.html

Photography Site

Old 11-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #1970
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sditz1 View Post
I am finally getting Design studio, I won it on ebay this morning for $41 which includes shipping. I believe that is a good price. Anyways, I am excited to take my cricut creating to another level.

Has anyone started any christmas projects with there cricut? I am going to start next week. There is so much inspiration over at cricut.com. I have alot of gift giving ideas, as well as some home decorating ideas.
Susan

I have a few that I need to start, but I've not yet. I am going to make some altered boxes for some extended family, I think. They are kids, and I'm going to fill the boxes with little goodies and candy.

Photography Site

Old 11-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #1971
Inking Addict

When I was over at cricut.com, I seen the cut file for the milk carton and carrier. That would be cute done up in a christmas theme and filled with candies.
Susan
Old 11-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #1972
Glitter Guru

Okie Dokie calling all cricut guru's....Shell that means you too!! LOL

I'm in real need of some help with my cricut. I have been looking for the MS punch drippy goo (like over a million others too) and can't find it, BUT I did find this bit of information on another thread, have sent 2 pm's, hopefully a answer from the last one....but here is the blog

http://jensbrainthings.blogspot.com/...20goo%20border and I do have the Design Studio....but how do you make this faux drippy goo with the cricut and DS!!!!! HELP

TIA, I could really use this if someone can help me out how to do it.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

www.mystampinplace.blogspot.com

"I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I wasted on the wrong people."
Old 11-07-2008, 07:36 AM   #1973
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post

I'm in real need of some help with my cricut. I have been looking for the MS punch drippy goo (like over a million others too) and can't find it, BUT I did find this bit of information on another thread, have sent 2 pm's, hopefully a answer from the last one....but here is the blog

http://jensbrainthings.blogspot.com/...20goo%20border and I do have the Design Studio....but how do you make this faux drippy goo with the cricut and DS!!!!! HELP

I wish I could do that too! But I do not have the George Cartridge. I saw that the downloadable file had been removed. Why don't you try contacting the blog owner and see if they will send you the file? Good luck!
Old 11-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #1974
Die Cut Diva

Thank you for all of the information. I believe it's the Cricut Create that I want. I want to see if I have this right -

Does the DS allow me to create my own designs at all?
Someone had mentioned downloadable designs ...

Will SCAL allow dingbats and other "shapey" fonts?

My hubby wants me to wait until I'm sure I can do my own shapes because he already fears that I'll buy too many carts.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #1975
lmg
Embossing Fanatic

I want to purchase the cricut expression but would like to sell my cricut any price suggestions? thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 09:20 AM   #1976
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft Room View Post
I wish I could do that too! But I do not have the George Cartridge. I saw that the downloadable file had been removed. Why don't you try contacting the blog owner and see if they will send you the file? Good luck!

I didn't know it took the "George" Cartridge, and I have one. A very kind caring SCS has come to my rescue and is getting me the file. NOW the question will be, can I do it? I sure hope so. I'm so excited.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

Old 11-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #1977
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl5 View Post
Calling all Star Wars fans. What cricut font looks the closest to the Star Wars font? I am going to put the original Star Wars opening:
A long
time ago
in a galaxy
far, far away...
Pottery Barn Kids has the font their Star Wars sheets. I thought it would look great in vinyl on my son's wall but haven't come up with a good solution for the font.
I finally went to the real movie and the font is a mix of San Serif and Base Camp. I think my little Star Wars fan will be happy even if I get close.

Any thoughts on how much to pay for the cricut solutions? I may be buying the Sans Serif for the above project and I have another project that I might need the Home Accents. It seems like you should only have to pay half of what you pay for the regular carts since you don't get that much, but that doesn't seem to be the trend. Help!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #1978
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I have both. I got the CB first, and resisted getting the cricut until a couple of months ago because I didn't know if I'd use both. However, I finally gave in and am glad I did - I use both a lot! I love the dry embossing with the CB for cards.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Old 11-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #1979
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I try to buy as many of my carts as possible on eBay. If i'm buying it there though I make sure that I'm getting them for considerably less than I could at the store because otherwise why wait! I could just go to the store and get them. The most I paid for any of my Disney carts is $40 and that included shipping. Granted it usually means I have to be even more patient, but it's worth it in my mind.
This is what I have done too, and have gotten them for around $30-$40... unfortunately I have a friend who has ruined it for me for the moment. She works in loss prevention for a large retailer, and she told me that when they are that much less than any retailer on line can offer, then they are most surely stolen merchandise. Oh how I wish she hadn't told me that so I wouldn't feel guilty! Any one else have an opinion on this?

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Old 11-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #1980
Stazon Splitcoast

I get a boatload of my cartridges on Ebay. I recently got Storybook for $26.99 plus $6.95 shipping...I just got the new font one Black something for $27. something with $3.00 shipping...these are excellent deals on cartridges and there are so many..If you keep trying you will get the good deals there too. Blessings.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #1981
Gallery Gazer

Does anyone know if there is a cartridge that does raindrops? I have done a keyword search in DS but nothing comes up. TIA
Old 11-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #1982
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieDee View Post
Thank you for all of the information. I believe it's the Cricut Create that I want. I want to see if I have this right -

Does the DS allow me to create my own designs at all?
Someone had mentioned downloadable designs ...

Will SCAL allow dingbats and other "shapey" fonts?

My hubby wants me to wait until I'm sure I can do my own shapes because he already fears that I'll buy too many carts.
Honestly, if you're getting a machine I would get the Expression. The create can do all the E can but it is only 6 x 12. You might think you'll never need anything bigger but some shapes like boxes, envelopes, etc are better with a bigger mat. SCAL will allow all fonts including dingbats-I do not know if it works with the create or not. I think it does but can't say for sure. SCAL also works somehow to let you create your own shapes from scratch-I think using inkscape (which is free). DS will only allow you to create designs using shapes on cartridges you own.

Here's a blog that has a video about how to create a shape using inkscape and scal: http://dan99.blogspot.com/2008/11/vi...ape-tools.html

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 11-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #1983
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
Honestly, if you're getting a machine I would get the Expression. The create can do all the E can but it is only 6 x 12. You might think you'll never need anything bigger but some shapes like boxes, envelopes, etc are better with a bigger mat. SCAL will allow all fonts including dingbats-I do not know if it works with the create or not. I think it does but can't say for sure. SCAL also works somehow to let you create your own shapes from scratch-I think using inkscape (which is free). DS will only allow you to create designs using shapes on cartridges you own.

Here's a blog that has a video about how to create a shape using inkscape and scal: http://dan99.blogspot.com/2008/11/vi...ape-tools.html
You are so right Gale about the Expression! I just got mine last wk & put it to use this wk. I don't know what I was ever thinkng when I bought the OBug last yr. The EBug is so much more!!!! I totally love it!!

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #1984
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I didn't know it took the "George" Cartridge, and I have one. A very kind caring SCS has come to my rescue and is getting me the file. NOW the question will be, can I do it? I sure hope so. I'm so excited.
I'd love to have it - can you share?
Old 11-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #1985
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtchick View Post
I get a boatload of my cartridges on Ebay. I recently got Storybook for $26.99 plus $6.95 shipping...I just got the new font one Black something for $27. something with $3.00 shipping...these are excellent deals on cartridges and there are so many..If you keep trying you will get the good deals there too. Blessings.
Thanks for the info. That gives me a good place to start! I just hate overpaying for the carts.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #1986
Total Quack

Quote:
Does anyone know if there is a cartridge that does raindrops? I have done a keyword search in DS but nothing comes up. TIA

There are water drops on one of the Disney Princess carts ... perhaps on others, as well. That might work for you.

Do you have the Design Studio??

Photography Site

Old 11-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #1987
Total Quack

Quote:

LOL!!! Sorry, Lois! I've been completely immersed in a series of books and haven't gotten on my threads like I'm suppose to. Looks like the other Cricuteers have taken care of you, though.

Yell if you need any other help. I'm done with the books. LOL!!!

Photography Site

Old 11-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #1988
Total Quack

Quote:

You can do it. Really, you can. Call me if you need help.

Photography Site

Old 11-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #1989
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
There are water drops on one of the Disney Princess carts ... perhaps on others, as well. That might work for you.

Do you have the Design Studio??

I didn't see the water drops on the Disney Princess. I ended up keyword searching tear instead of rain and believe it or not TBBM came up. It has a tear drop tag, and I used the blackout of it.

Yes, I have DS. That is where I go when I can't remember what is on what cart and do a search. It has saved me sooooo much time.

Thanks so much for your help. I am going to check out the Princess carts again. I need to know what I have!
Old 11-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #1990
Total Quack

Quote:
I didn't see the water drops on the Disney Princess. I ended up keyword searching tear instead of rain and believe it or not TBBM came up. It has a tear drop tag, and I used the blackout of it.

Yes, I have DS. That is where I go when I can't remember what is on what cart and do a search. It has saved me sooooo much time.

Thanks so much for your help. I am going to check out the Princess carts again. I need to know what I have!

Good! I'm glad you found one.

You could have made one out of a circle/oval and a triangle if you hadn't found one.

It's on the one with Ariel ..... Dreams Come True (I think).

Photography Site

Old 11-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #1991
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Good! I'm glad you found one.

You could have made one out of a circle/oval and a triangle if you hadn't found one.

It's on the one with Ariel ..... Dreams Come True (I think).

I need to use my DS more. I am not sure I could have done that!
Old 11-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #1992
Total Quack

Quote:
I need to use my DS more. I am not sure I could have done that!

LOL! Yes, you do! You probably could have done it, but I would have been glad to do it for you.

Photography Site

Old 11-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #1993
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
LOL! Yes, you do! You probably could have done it, but I would have been glad to do it for you.
WELL, now that you have offered I am sure I come up with something else!!! LOL!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #1994
Total Quack

Quote:
WELL, now that you have offered I am sure I come up with something else!!! LOL!!!
LOL!!!!! Go for it! Glad to be of service.

Photography Site

Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #1995
Glitter Guru

Quote:
You can do it. Really, you can. Call me if you need help.
Ahhhh can't do it, never received the file from the nice SCS that said she'd email it to me. So now I don't know what to do. And besides, can't call, no number...LOL

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

Old 11-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #1996
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu View Post
I'd love to have it - can you share?
I most certainly will share, if and when I ever receive it to find out how to do it.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

Old 11-08-2008, 03:06 AM   #1997
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstampin View Post
This is what I have done too, and have gotten them for around $30-$40... unfortunately I have a friend who has ruined it for me for the moment. She works in loss prevention for a large retailer, and she told me that when they are that much less than any retailer on line can offer, then they are most surely stolen merchandise. Oh how I wish she hadn't told me that so I wouldn't feel guilty! Any one else have an opinion on this?
I have a fiend at AC moore and she says they are marked up like 700% so when they are 50% off they still make a big profit! Online store like customcrops have them for $40 all the time so I wouldn't worry. I know what you mean, I wouldnt want stolen goods either.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:10 AM   #1998
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post

SCAL: it's awesome, it's easy, you can cut anything with your cricut...my carts are gathering dust LOL!
Old 11-08-2008, 05:39 AM   #1999
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymay View Post
SCAL: it's awesome, it's easy, you can cut anything with your cricut...my carts are gathering dust LOL!
Does SCAL void your warranty? I would love to be able to use fonts and dingbats. It has been so long since I've been on the website that I couldn't remember if this was the one that voided the cricut warranty.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #2000
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgirl5 View Post
Does SCAL void your warranty? I would love to be able to use fonts and dingbats. It has been so long since I've been on the website that I couldn't remember if this was the one that voided the cricut warranty.
Supposedly it does, but the warranty is only for a year anyhow. (Plus, how would they even know you are using SCAL?)