Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 05:52 AM   #81
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
Thank you! I did get some rest. I am still tired, lol. Autumn is my hyper time. I know some of you are thinking "She actually has a hyper time she always seems hyper" ROFL! I am actually really laid back.

Your welcome about the Pink Cricut, ROFL! I almost bought one. I ended up getting the Aqua Expression- Aqua Cricut Expression Electronic Cutter - Walmart.com. I thought I would use Playtime cartridge more. Plus, I loved the aqua one. I had all the other cartridges that came with the Pink expression except the breast cancer one. Then a few months later my enabling troublemaker hubby gets me the Imagine.
Glad you were able to get some rest! Enjoy your hyper time. I always favor the Spring myself. Winter is over woo hoo!! lol
That machine is really pretty! And it sure is nice to have an enabler! lol My DH just made for me this summer a really nice craft/sewing area for me. He made it so that it is bar high so that I can either use a nice comfy bar chair or stand if I want while working on projects. With my back and other problems, I can not stand long or sit long. So I switch back and forth.

Did you recently buy the Aqua machine? When I looked at it says they are sold out. Looks like a good deal.
I need more carts and funds!! lol
Old 09-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #82
Pearl-ExPert

My DH bought the Aqua Expressions two or three years ago. It was a special Black Friday sale at WalMart. I didn't get it on Black Friday but a couple of months later when WM had them on clearance. I got it really cheap.

Imagine update- It's not worth fixing it. A pin flew through some wires and severed them. My DH can replace the wires. He fixed the damage from what else the pin did. He showed me it's going to happen again and again due to the design of the Imagine. I am not knocking the design of the Imagine. It is a geek thing to say "due to the design", lol. I hope it doesn't happen to any other Imagine users. I think mine was a rare occurrence.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #83
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
My DH bought the Aqua Expressions two or three years ago. It was a special Black Friday sale at WalMart. I didn't get it on Black Friday but a couple of months later when WM had them on clearance. I got it really cheap.

Imagine update- It's not worth fixing it. A pin flew through some wires and severed them. My DH can replace the wires. He fixed the damage from what else the pin did. He showed me it's going to happen again and again due to the design of the Imagine. I am not knocking the design of the Imagine. It is a geek thing to say "due to the design", lol. I hope it doesn't happen to any other Imagine users. I think mine was a rare occurrence.
O no that's sad. Were you able to store your Imagine Carts in your CCR before it exploded so you can at least still use the patterns??
Old 09-24-2012, 05:42 AM   #84
~LN
Rubber Obsessor

Question for anyone that has a Cameo.. I have looked at their store and I was wondering if someon who has both machaines could answer this question please?

the cut designs with the Cricut usally have layers and I kind of like that do
the designs of the Cameo cuts have as many layers?

If my question doesn't make sense please let me know becuase I am thinking on getting a Cameo but that just might hold me back and I don't really need to purchase another machine that I won't use.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #85
Rubber Obsessor

LN I do not have a Cameo and I'm sure others will come in and help you more than I can, but thought I would share with you something I found while viewing someones youtube video (I would tell you who's video it was if I could remember sorry). I thought it was a helpful video because she describes how much she really likes the Cameo but to keep in mind it it more of a designers program. She demo 'd CCR and the SCAL and showed almost the same image and if you want a ready to go pattern then Cricut patterns were more favored , but if you like designing on computer then you have endless possibilities. You just have to edit it yourself. I will see if I can find video for you because it may answer your question about layering as well.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:05 AM   #86
Rubber Obsessor

HTH ....Review Silhouette Cameo vs Cricut going head to head and compairing the machines and software - YouTube
Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #87
~LN
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks! any more opinons?
Old 09-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #88
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigewithpanache View Post
O no that's sad. Were you able to store your Imagine Carts in your CCR before it exploded so you can at least still use the patterns??
No, I don't really care, lol. I got the Imagine cartridge for a $1 each. I really don't trust PC to hold on too my images. I was a pcCrafter girl. That was the online clip art site for PC. When it went under our images went with it. Luckily all mine were backed up. Since PC does not allow a backup process of CCR designs I won't buy the images. I won't let PC link my cartridges too CCR. Done that fiasco with the Gypsy. I learned my lesson. I am jaded on PC's online linking. It's the fool me once shame on me analogy. I let them fool me twice so it's shame on me. Third time no way.

Plus, I can't use the patterns from the Imagine cartridges unless I own an Imagine. None of the other Cricut machines print.

Cameo girls & guys you can save your images you buy from the store. No worries to that.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:10 AM   #89
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LN View Post
Question for anyone that has a Cameo.. I have looked at their store and I was wondering if someon who has both machaines could answer this question please?

the cut designs with the Cricut usally have layers and I kind of like that do
the designs of the Cameo cuts have as many layers?

If my question doesn't make sense please let me know becuase I am thinking on getting a Cameo but that just might hold me back and I don't really need to purchase another machine that I won't use.
I know what your asking. I am going to "steal" the best answer I ever heard from a Cameo/Cricut user. It was a question one time why some crafter's have both machines. This answer from a lovely lady really explained it.

"The Cricut is a paper piecing machine. The Cameo is a die cutter." It was not worded exactly like that, lol. That was the gist of it.

The images in Cameo's store are mainly cut files with one layer. I have seen a few layered files from Cameo's store but not in the quantity Cricut users are use too.

Cameo users can download their own paper piecing (layer) files. There are a lot of great design sites online who have beautiful paper piecing (layer) files.

In the old days, like five years ago , the big trend was using color pages to make your own paper piecing (layer) files. The concept is still the same with die cutters.

Here's a couple of traditional tutorials-

Basic Paper Piecing
Create Your Own Paper Piecing Pattern

Here's one for the Cameo-

Scrap til your heart's content: Tutorial: Step by Step paper piecing card with the Silhouette Cameo

The majority of my Cameo work I design is paper piecing files. Even though I own both Hello Kitty cartridges from Cricut I make a lot of Hello Kitty files. I still use coloring books. I have a really nice library of coloring books too. I do download an occasional coloring page but I prefer my books.

I will throw another tip for paper piecing (layer) files. Cameo is very popular with quilters. Quilter's really depend on paper piecing. I don't know any tutorials offhand but I have seen Cameo quilting tutorials for paper piecing.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #90
Cardstock Collector

Smile Paper piecing files from silhouette library

Thanks for mentioning my paperpiecing card. I have had a Cameo for a year now and an Expression since the first one came out and im so happy with the Cameo. I wanted to give you more samples of layered designs I just searched witch and I found a bunch.

.silhouetteonlinestore.com/v2/searchShapes.aspx?x=0&y=0&q=Witch]Search

sorry I'm new and can't post urls yet

If you have any questions you can reach me at lisabarrie@live.com or on my blog "Scrap til your hearts content"
Lisa
Old 09-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #91
Cardstock Collector

Search

Sorry here is the link this should work now
Old 09-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #92
Rubber Obsessor

Silhoutte and Sizzix look a lot alike don't they.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

My opinion is I love love love the Silhouette. I have been using mine for a week now and I am very excited to get to know all of the intricacies of of this awesome unit. It can cut small and large items just perfectly. I love that I can buy only the images that I want and no worries of storing cartridges or cards. Pretty awesome the Cameo is. I am in love with this machine. lol.
blessings.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #94
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtchick View Post
My opinion is I love love love the Silhouette. I have been using mine for a week now and I am very excited to get to know all of the intricacies of of this awesome unit. It can cut small and large items just perfectly. I love that I can buy only the images that I want and no worries of storing cartridges or cards. Pretty awesome the Cameo is. I am in love with this machine. lol.
blessings.
That's great! Thanks for the update. Looks like a great machine, I'm sure I would love it too!
If I do not stay with Cricut, I was thinking I may benefit from the Sizzix eclips only because I like knowing I can get a few cartridges to have on hand just in case I am not able to use computer . I like the idea of freedom to use other programs for images and not being stuck to carts. Even though I do love the Cricut carts.
One question, can Cameo cut chip board?
eclips says it can but a review said no because it can not fit under rollers.
Or the eCraft, can it do the same?
Tell me if you have personally cut chip board , with what machine, and was it a success. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:22 AM   #95
Rubber Obsessor

I don't think I mentioned on here that Mon. I called PC and told them about my issue of not being able to use machine as stand alone because of the update.She sent an email with downloads needed to correct problem and instructions were very clear.And I can still use CCR , just have to ignore updates. Happy camper here!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

So glad your issue is fixed. I have a lot to learn about the Cameo but I am loving it so far. Just to clarify. Once you purchase the cut you want it is stored on your computer so you do not need to go on line every time you want to print it. Does that make sense? You can build quite a library on your machine and only go to the internet if you want more designs. Just wanted to clarify this because you do not need to go on the internet every time you want to cut a design.
blessings.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #97
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtchick View Post
So glad your issue is fixed. I have a lot to learn about the Cameo but I am loving it so far. Just to clarify. Once you purchase the cut you want it is stored on your computer so you do not need to go on line every time you want to print it. Does that make sense? You can build quite a library on your machine and only go to the internet if you want more designs. Just wanted to clarify this because you do not need to go on the internet every time you want to cut a design.
blessings.
Thanks that is good to know. My issue is more we are down to one laptop in the house and have to share right now. So sometimes when I would like to use it someones else needs it. My daughter is doing her High School program at home and needs it a lot for submitting tests and study. Plan to get another computer but not sure when.
I do favor designing better on the computer because it is so much easier. I could end going with the Cameo too for that reason.
Thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 12:39 AM   #98
Pearl-ExPert

Paige- That makes so much sense why you went with the Cricut Create. I see why you wanted a standalone machine. My DS did a similar program. One of the reasons why I had a Cricut so I wouldn't be connected to a computer. We had eight computers in my home at one time. I always shut off my systems while he was working in case he needed me. The Cricut was perfect for those times.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #99
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Paige- That makes so much sense why you went with the Cricut Create. I see why you wanted a standalone machine. My DS did a similar program. One of the reasons why I had a Cricut so I wouldn't be connected to a computer. We had eight computers in my home at one time. I always shut off my systems while he was working in case he needed me. The Cricut was perfect for those times.
Thank you for understanding!
As I was saying in one of the above messages, I thought maybe the Sizzix eclips might be a good route for me to go when I decide to get another machine because they have carts available and also able to use ecal.
But REALLY hard for me because I am really enjoying this Cricut I have! Just frustrating they put a brake on the MTC and SCAL ability!! :/
You should look at my little tea cup Thinking of you gift I posted on blog.. I made it from the Love You a Latte Cricut Lite cartridge. Had a lot of fun making it!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #100
Pearl-ExPert

I love your card. I love your Thank you card too. The Latte card I fell in love with the Pooh stamp. I have both Pooh cartridges, lol.

I know what you mean about MTC/SCAL. Understandably, a lot of people are very upset about it for a variety of reasons and usually when they list the reasons it starts out something like this- "!@#$% PC, and then !@#$%^ PC and then PC did this and that and they are !@#$%^& and, and, and.....

I love those posts, ROFL! I am sure Apple iPhone users are doing that right now, lol. I heard that same conversation with a friend today but it was Apple instead. I told him he sounded like us girls who own a Cricut, ROFL! He said he now understood why I go off.

I have a simple reason why I am mad about the SCAL/MTC ability taken out. I had to buy other machines to get what the Cricut could do with one simple machine. Now, I have extra clutter in my home. Thanks PC! This girl who hates clutter is freaking out about it.

My dream machine one that does it all can cut acetate, print & cut and take cartridges. I think that is called a Sizzix Eclips. Sizzix Eclips doesn't have the vast cartridge library I collected. I am saying this because I hope Sizzix reads this and will give us cartridges like flourish Eiffel Towers, crocodiles in cars. You know all the important things a crafting girl needs. Yes, Sizzix we need the Winnie the Pooh & Hello Kitty. Nobody tell me to download a coloring page, lol. It's our duty to taunt the crafting companies with insane ideas and expect them to comply, ROFL! That's half the fun about our crafting.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #101
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I love your card. I love your Thank you card too. The Latte card I fell in love with the Pooh stamp. I have both Pooh cartridges, lol.

I know what you mean about MTC/SCAL. Understandably, a lot of people are very upset about it for a variety of reasons and usually when they list the reasons it starts out something like this- "!@#$% PC, and then !@#$%^ PC and then PC did this and that and they are !@#$%^& and, and, and.....

I love those posts, ROFL! I am sure Apple iPhone users are doing that right now, lol. I heard that same conversation with a friend today but it was Apple instead. I told him he sounded like us girls who own a Cricut, ROFL! He said he now understood why I go off.

I have a simple reason why I am mad about the SCAL/MTC ability taken out. I had to buy other machines to get what the Cricut could do with one simple machine. Now, I have extra clutter in my home. Thanks PC! This girl who hates clutter is freaking out about it.

My dream machine one that does it all can cut acetate, print & cut and take cartridges. I think that is called a Sizzix Eclips. Sizzix Eclips doesn't have the vast cartridge library I collected. I am saying this because I hope Sizzix reads this and will give us cartridges like flourish Eiffel Towers, crocodiles in cars. You know all the important things a crafting girl needs. Yes, Sizzix we need the Winnie the Pooh & Hello Kitty. Nobody tell me to download a coloring page, lol. It's our duty to taunt the crafting companies with insane ideas and expect them to comply, ROFL! That's half the fun about our crafting.
So true!!
Thank you for nice words on cards made! Do they still make the Winnie the Pooh cartridge anymore? I can get HK I know, but haven't seen WTP. I guess I will have to do a search.
I agree Sizzix does not have the cartridge selection like PC does! Doesn't it just make you crazy!!
BTW...guess what I ordered last night...
CTMH Cricut Philosophy Cartridge set!! I am so excited because there are so many patterns on there (700) and decided it is a good starter cart with a wide variety. I can't wait! If I recall right, you told me about the Phllosophy cart so it's all your fault. haha
Eventually I will get a cutter like you were talking about, so that I will be able to use those programs. Because you know= I have TONS of space to put machines up all over my house! NOT!! Yeah ok so I better not get on a roll ! lol

I was looking at comparison E and E2 machines to view the differences JUst in case there is a black Fri deal I can't pass up!! And do you know that was a mistake because that caused me to spot a Pink Expression!! Torture! Just pure torture I'm telling you!! And well, if you are going to have machines everywhere, by George you want them to be cute!! lol
Old 09-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #102
Polyshrink Goddess

Paige,

I'm so glad you got the Art Philosophy cart. You will love it!!! Don't be fooled though. You might have talked yourself into believing you have all the carts you need. Please at least look at one more - The Ultimate Creative Sampler cart on ebay. You need this cart!!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #103
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
Paige,

I'm so glad you got the Art Philosophy cart. You will love it!!! Don't be fooled though. You might have talked yourself into believing you have all the carts you need. Please at least look at one more - The Ultimate Creative Sampler cart on ebay. You need this cart!!
Thanks ! I'm excited and can't wait for it to come in!! I didn't talk myself into believing this was all, I said a good starter. I did see that one too.After spending this money , I will have to wait now before I buy any thing else for a while. I really like the Artiste one too!!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #104
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
You can revert the Create back to standalone if you use Cricut Design Studio. It's the old design program for the Cricut before CCR and Gypsy came out. Lots of people still use it. It is free to use but you can only cut with the cartridge your machine came with such as the Create- Don Juan. You can revert back the firmware for free. Then your machine will be standalone again. Cricut moved the DS download when they redid their site but apparently it's hidden somewhere. PC will give you the link. Somebody might see this and post the link.

No, Imagine cartridges will only work in the E2 and Imagine. I don't know if they will work in the Mini. Create, Expressions and original Cricut don't have a slot to fit the Imagine cartridges. There is a small workaround for the Expressions but you have to use CCR- Cricut CraftRoom Blog: Using Imagine Art cartridges in the Cricut Expression

The Imagine cartridges only Print the designs with the Imagine. E2 will only cut a silhouette and no printing.
Not sure if you knew that when you revert your machine you do download the old DS , but once everything is downloaded and set , you can still use the CCR.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #105
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
So true!!
Thank you for nice words on cards made! Do they still make the Winnie the Pooh cartridge anymore? I can get HK I know, but haven't seen WTP. I guess I will have to do a search.
I agree Sizzix does not have the cartridge selection like PC does! Doesn't it just make you crazy!!
BTW...guess what I ordered last night...
CTMH Cricut Philosophy Cartridge set!! I am so excited because there are so many patterns on there (700) and decided it is a good starter cart with a wide variety. I can't wait! If I recall right, you told me about the Phllosophy cart so it's all your fault. haha
Eventually I will get a cutter like you were talking about, so that I will be able to use those programs. Because you know= I have TONS of space to put machines up all over my house! NOT!! Yeah ok so I better not get on a roll ! lol

I was looking at comparison E and E2 machines to view the differences JUst in case there is a black Fri deal I can't pass up!! And do you know that was a mistake because that caused me to spot a Pink Expression!! Torture! Just pure torture I'm telling you!! And well, if you are going to have machines everywhere, by George you want them to be cute!! lol
No, Winnie has been discontinued. I have seen Winnie at JoAnn's. My gosh if you can get HK for a decent price snag it because HK cartridges are going for $200 over on Ebay.

I don't think that was me about CTMH. I don't want to steal the CTMH girls thunder. ! She's the bad enabler, lol. I don't own that one. I heard it's an amazing cartridge combo.

I don't own an E2. At this point in time I doubt I will buy an E2. I do know you can get pink side caps for it, lol. I am not looking into anything crafty for Black Friday. Guess what will happen on Black Friday? I will buy things crafting, lol. This year my DH & I are eyeing games. We are big gamers. I will not buy an E2 on Black Friday. I am happy with my Cameo and E.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #106
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Not sure if you knew that when you revert your machine you do download the old DS , but once everything is downloaded and set , you can still use the CCR.
Design Studio is not compatible with the Imagine, Mini or E2. Thank you for thinking of me. I was able to revert the Imagine back to the old firmware with Cricut Sync but the screw will keep breaking in that machine and flying across the machine into the wires. I think my DH is still trying to come up with some ideas.

My E is working great with CCR and my Gypsy. I am not going to tip the boat on that one, lol.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:11 AM   #107
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
No, Winnie has been discontinued. I have seen Winnie at JoAnn's. My gosh if you can get HK for a decent price snag it because HK cartridges are going for $200 over on Ebay.

I don't think that was me about CTMH. I don't want to steal the CTMH girls thunder. ! She's the bad enabler, lol. I don't own that one. I heard it's an amazing cartridge combo.

I don't own an E2. At this point in time I doubt I will buy an E2. I do know you can get pink side caps for it, lol. I am not looking into anything crafty for Black Friday. Guess what will happen on Black Friday? I will buy things crafting, lol. This year my DH & I are eyeing games. We are big gamers. I will not buy an E2 on Black Friday. I am happy with my Cameo and E.
I would prefer the reg. Expression over the E2 , but if anything will be on sale for Black Fri. I bet it will be E2 or mini.
Also- If I can get a great deal online and not face a crowd, I'M IN!! B.F are fun in a way, but I do not like seeing people get greedy and rude either. :/
I can't remember who mentioned the Philosophy set by CTMH because I have read so much by different ones, but I thank them! I like enablers when it comes to good things.. Especially if it saves time and money.

I have looked and searched into these machines so much that my eyes hurt! lol I decided now that since I will keep a Cricut because I can't part with a few of there carts, I can go with a Caameo because I will not need to worry about carts with another machine. So I will probably keep eye open around B.F. time and see if there are any deals that come up.

I can barely sleep at night because I am so excited about trying out that new cartridge!! Woo hoo!!!
I look like Charlie Brown character with the swollen circles around the eyes. :/ I should be resting up for when I get it in!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #108
Polyshrink Goddess

lylacfey,

How do you use your Expression with CCR if your carts are linked to your Gypsy? I was under the impression that once you linked a cart to a Gypsy it would not work or be recognized by CCR. Please tell me I'm wrong. I'd love to be able to use both.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
lylacfey,

How do you use your Expression with CCR if your carts are linked to your Gypsy? I was under the impression that once you linked a cart to a Gypsy it would not work or be recognized by CCR. Please tell me I'm wrong. I'd love to be able to use both.
I have most all my carts (over 250) linked to my Gypsy and I also use CCR. So yes, you can use both.

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #110
Rubber Obsessor

I do not have a Gypsy , but I remember reading something that once you link a cartridge to the Gypsy it prevents you from something, but I can't remember what that was....
can you help me remember what that was??
Old 10-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #111
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I do not have a Gypsy , but I remember reading something that once you link a cartridge to the Gypsy it prevents you from something, but I can't remember what that was....
can you help me remember what that was??
I think it goes like this ; If you FIRST link your cart to CCR and then later link to your Gypsy it all works fine. However the opposite is not true. In other words if you first link to Gypsy, you can not use your carts with CCR.

Smokiesgal,

Did you first link to CCR and then to your Gypsy?
Grrrrrr - I don't know why it has to be this hard!?! The 2 programs should be interchangeable.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #112
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think it goes like this ; If you FIRST link your cart to CCR and then later link to your Gypsy it all works fine. However the opposite is not true. In other words if you first link to Gypsy, you can not use your carts with CCR.

Smokiesgal,

Did you first link to CCR and then to your Gypsy?
Grrrrrr - I don't know why it has to be this hard!?! The 2 programs should be interchangeable.
I link mine all to my G first and still use them either with CCR or the G itself. What you can't do is link to another G; only one.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #113
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
I link mine all to my G first and still use them either with CCR or the G itself. What you can't do is link to another G; only one.
Thank you! Thank you! I'm going to try this. Wish me luck (I'll need it).
Old 10-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thank you! Thank you! I'm going to try this. Wish me luck (I'll need it).
YW! Let me know how it goes and yes, wishing you luck!

Old 10-03-2012, 02:07 AM   #115
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
lylacfey,

I am sorry for the late reply. I use my carts in CCR. Once you link a cartridge to the Gypsy you can't link it to another Gypsy. You can use the cartridges with CCR, Design Studio or on other Cricut machines.

What gets a lot of Cricut users confused is that you can't link a cartridge to CCR that has been linked to the Gypsy. That's why a lot of Cricut users think the cartridges are unusable in CCR. Hope that helps.

If I want to use my Gypsy. I design in CCR, save the file for the Gypsy and use Cricut Sync to add my project to the Gypsy.

My DH has a job prospect. I don't want to say what it is because I am superstitious but it will give us the opportunity to travel all over the country and possibly Internationally. We are thinking of selling everything in our home and getting an RV. I will definitely not be taking my Cricut's with me. I will take my Cameo. I am excited about it because I rather travel and have my sketchbook than a full craft room. We have been trying to do this since the recession started.

Last edited by lylacfey; 10-03-2012 at 02:11 AM..
Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #116
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I am sorry for the late reply. I use my carts in CCR. Once you link a cartridge to the Gypsy you can't link it to another Gypsy. You can use the cartridges with CCR, Design Studio or on other Cricut machines.

What gets a lot of Cricut users confused is that you can't link a cartridge to CCR that has been linked to the Gypsy. That's why a lot of Cricut users think the cartridges are unusable in CCR. Hope that helps.

If I want to use my Gypsy. I design in CCR, save the file for the Gypsy and use Cricut Sync to add my project to the Gypsy.

My DH has a job prospect. I don't want to say what it is because I am superstitious but it will give us the opportunity to travel all over the country and possibly Internationally. We are thinking of selling everything in our home and getting an RV. I will definitely not be taking my Cricut's with me. I will take my Cameo. I am excited about it because I rather travel and have my sketchbook than a full craft room. We have been trying to do this since the recession started.
DeeAnn I hope everything turns out the best for you. Sounds like a new life journey and learning experience.
Message me if you decide to yard sale .
Old 10-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #117
Pearl-ExPert

I will never yard sale, lol. I have horrible childhood memories of yard sales. My parents held them professionally. I have been thoroughly traumatized, ROFL.

Thank you for the wishes.

My DH is still deciding what to do about home situations. He's big into real estate. I am big into minimalism. Give me a Tumbleweed house and I can make it into a stylish haven. I am quick at decisions but he's the one who takes ten minutes to order ice cream and then chooses chocolate, lol. Even our friends tease us about it. They will ask if I decided on something. I will tell them no, still thinking about it. Then they will say "So, he hasn't decided yet?" ROFL! That is exactly it.

He uses my die cutter's too. I pack one up and it's out again, lol. I have been guilty of it a time or two like those darn bookmarks. Then I found several errors in two of the files. That bookmark idea went out the window, lol. I like my Cameo right now. I love my Xacto knife. I love fussy cutting over all the cutting methods out right now. I find it relaxing. I spent three hours fussy cutting out images last night. My home was quiet. It was me and my fussy cutting. Oh, my fat cat knocking everything off the desk. That was not very relaxing, lol.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #118
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I will never yard sale, lol. I have horrible childhood memories of yard sales. My parents held them professionally. I have been thoroughly traumatized, ROFL.

Thank you for the wishes.

My DH is still deciding what to do about home situations. He's big into real estate. I am big into minimalism. Give me a Tumbleweed house and I can make it into a stylish haven. I am quick at decisions but he's the one who takes ten minutes to order ice cream and then chooses chocolate, lol. Even our friends tease us about it. They will ask if I decided on something. I will tell them no, still thinking about it. Then they will say "So, he hasn't decided yet?" ROFL! That is exactly it.

He uses my die cutter's too. I pack one up and it's out again, lol. I have been guilty of it a time or two like those darn bookmarks. Then I found several errors in two of the files. That bookmark idea went out the window, lol. I like my Cameo right now. I love my Xacto knife. I love fussy cutting over all the cutting methods out right now. I find it relaxing. I spent three hours fussy cutting out images last night. My home was quiet. It was me and my fussy cutting. Oh, my fat cat knocking everything off the desk. That was not very relaxing, lol.
If you never sell anything , you must have quite a stash!! I am not a fan of having a yard sale but I will sell online certain things. Clothes I usually take to Goodwill.
I tossed the idea again of getting a Cameo in addition to my Cricut, but right now I am having a blast with my new CTMH Art Philosophy and soon to arrive Ultimate Creative Cartridge. I use the card bases a lot and can still do my stamping and coloring of choice. I will still get the CTMH Artiste and then that will be it. That will give me a really good selection.
There is a woman here in IL. that assembles scenery or landscape pictures using very small paper cuts , you would probably love her work. She sells her framed work in artist galleries. My mother bought one and it is a favorite. Enjoy your art.
I can relate to minimal way of life. Simple is better for me , just make sure I have an area for my creativities.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #119
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
YW! Let me know how it goes and yes, wishing you luck!

OH HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!!!! IT WORKS!!! I think I'm going to faint ( or maybe have a cigarette!)

My baby bug works wonderfully with Cricut Craft Room! I opened up CCR, installed the device drivers, went to the design mat.....and deliberately chose a cartridge that is linked to my Gypsy. Expecting the worst ( smoke and flames shooting from my Cricut and my Cartridge nothing but a burnt out shell).....
BUT - I hit the cut button, it recognized my cartridge - and it performs just like the Gypsy. And it loaded the mat, cut the image and unloaded. Flawless!

Do you realize what this means????? I'm gonna get a mini!. Oh yes I am!!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #120
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
OH HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!!!! IT WORKS!!! I think I'm going to faint ( or maybe have a cigarette!)

My baby bug works wonderfully with Cricut Craft Room! I opened up CCR, installed the device drivers, went to the design mat.....and deliberately chose a cartridge that is linked to my Gypsy. Expecting the worst ( smoke and flames shooting from my Cricut and my Cartridge nothing but a burnt out shell).....
BUT - I hit the cut button, it recognized my cartridge - and it performs just like the Gypsy. And it loaded the mat, cut the image and unloaded. Flawless!

Do you realize what this means????? I'm gonna get a mini!. Oh yes I am!!
Good for you!! But, just use your Cricut instead of smoke , it's healthier and you accomplish something!
Have fun and glad it works!